Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Plopsy ??

julienrob2004julienrob2004 Posts: 4,172 Member
Is that honestly what they are calling the online store for selling knitted items, This proves how childish an audience they are aiming their game for

from their community blog by simguruConor

Plopsy
Also in this pack is a cool feature called Plopsy. Yes, Plopsy.

What is Plopsy? It’s an online store where Sims can sell their crafted art! This store isn’t tied to a career or a gig, so if you wanna make a little art money on the side, Plopsy is here for you.

Comments

• Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    The online store is a good idea, the name is not. Surely they could have named it something more appropriate.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    edited April 2020
    A nonsense word is fair enough, but Plopsy sounds like something a toddler chose. Plus, it makes me think of toilet humour. :(
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    A nonsense word is fair enough, but Plopsy sounds like something a toddler chose. Plus, it makes me think of toilet humour. :(

Well we all know just how much the dev team loves pushing their overt fondness for toilets into the game at every conceivable moment. Heaven knows why.

I personally havent given much thought to the name. Just "meh" to me.
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    The more I find out about this pack, the less impressed I am with it.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    edited April 2020
    I'm not looking forward for this pack, but the name of the online store is the least of my concerns...
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member

Maybe that's the in-game reason for it. It's named after the toy bunny someone's parent or grandparent knitted for them when they were little.
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    I have no problem with it. Sure, it's childish, but it's probably just because they thought it sounded like simlish.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    I have no problem with it. In fact for a stuff pack this one does sound like a lot of gameplay not just non functional stuff which I dislike ! I look foreword to it !!
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    It's similar to Etsy. That's my initial thought about the name.
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    No! Just plain no!
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,810 Member
    I like it. I see it as placing something somewhere.

"Where should I put this?"
    "Just plop it on the table."

"Of course, you should not simply plop your preschooler in front of the television for hours on end."
  • Felicity1169Felicity1169 Posts: 592 Member
    It reminds me of Flopsy the bunny from an old show or book. I feel indifferent towards the name...
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,414 Member
    I think the feature sounds interesting, although I hope it also includes selling collectibles and potions. Will it be exclusive to the stuff pack or will the online store mechanic be patched into the base game?

I am not a big fan of the name. I generally like the funny weird names in the game but this particular one reminds me too much of a certain children's program on TV. I will just have to pretend it has a different name in the game.
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    edited April 2020
    Is it any sillier than the name of the leading online sales platform for crafters vending their wares?

Also, bear in mind what those previews always say: this is still subject to change. But it seems a silly thing to be upset about.

The Sims is no more nor less goofy than it always has been. Maybe you are just getting self-conscious playing with a virtual dollhouse?
  • MelmackMelmack Posts: 212 Member
    Sindocat wrote: »

The Sims is no more nor less goofy than it always has been. Maybe you are just getting self-conscious playing with a virtual dollhouse?

Dude, they just said they don't like name. Slow your roll. People are allowed to be critical.

I don't like this name either. It just doesn't feel like it fits with the rest of the game. But maybe I'm just... Insecure... Too. Lol
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    "Plopsy" imo should have been a free update. I can think of so many other things that they could have added to this pack instead that specifically relates to knitting.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Plopsy is a hilarious name. I love it! I don't think it's toilet humor at all - it reminds me more of the rabbit.
  • Hallie22Hallie22 Posts: 64 Member
    The name makes me think of a Belgian childrens show. Kabouter Plop.
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Melmack wrote: »
    Dude, they just said they don't like name.

No, they said the game is being made more childish, which is absurd, given the nature of the franchise, consistently, over time, and using this as a stalking horse to push that theory.

So he makes wild allegations. How does he like it when someone does that about him, hm? You sure went right up to a point. Maybe think about that, and how the PEOPLE who MAKE OUR GAME might feel?

Now back off.
    Sindocat wrote: »
    Melmack wrote: »
    Dude, they just said they don't like name.

No, they said the game is being made more childish, which is absurd, given the nature of the franchise, consistently, over time, and using this as a stalking horse to push that theory.

So he makes wild allegations. How does he like it when someone does that about him, hm? You sure went right up to a point. Maybe think about that, and how the PEOPLE who MAKE OUR GAME might feel?

Now back off.

Lol... This forum is WILD. Sorry man, didn't mean to get you so worked up. Not gunna get into it with ya, Peace ✌️
    I like it. I see it as placing something somewhere.

"Where should I put this?"
    "Just plop it on the table."

"Of course, you should not simply plop your preschooler in front of the television for hours on end."

I think this is one thing that just rubs me the wrong way about the name maybe? That 'plop' is a real word, so it doesn't mix well with simlish maybe? I dunno.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,414 Member
    Hallie22 wrote: »
    The name makes me think of a Belgian childrens show. Kabouter Plop.

Exactly the same thing I was thinking of. Not to mention multiple plopsa amusement parks named after that leprechaun. It is not a big deal but a name change would be appreciated.

• smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    edited April 2020
    I don't like the name but at least it made me laugh. Which reminds me of an Office episode where that one guy they called Plopsy, and he always made Erin laugh, maybe they were thinking like that since they love using pop culture in the game

***Sorry they called him Plop, so I was wrong lol***