Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How does Bienchen's Ask what Happened mod work?

Rococo1256Rococo1256 Posts: 233 Member
edited April 2020 in General Mods Discussion
Hi,
I'm wondering about the Ask what Happened Mod by @83bienchen . It doesn't seem to be currently working. I tried to test it by deliberately making one of my Sims cheat on her spouse, but I couldn't find any option for a friend or other household member to ask the Sim what happened afterwards. Is there supposed to be a specific "ask what happened" interaction? The spouse didn't have any interaction either that I could see. Apparently the mod is supposed to give more chances to ask what happened after a negative event, like cheating, divorce, or a negative pregnancy test, (according to the description of the mod) but I'm not sure how it works.

I was looking under the Friendly interactions, but all I could find was the "Discuss Embarrassed Mood" "Try to Calm Down" etc. This mod isn't a script mod, is it?

I'm still fairly new to mods, and would be grateful for any clarification. So far I have had great results with Bienchen's mods, and it would be awesome if I could get this one to work too. I’m using the latest update, but it’s the first time I’ve downloaded this mod.

Thanks very much.

I am GreenRocket on the Gallery.
Post edited by Rococo1256 on

Comments

• mushumushu Posts: 3 New Member
    Hi!
    I use Bienchen's More Ask What Happened, I don't know if there is any significant difference, but anyway I seem to only see it when a Sim is sad, or angry, and your Sim trying to comfort them can ask them what happened. I'm not sure but that's what I noticed without deliberately trying to test it.
    Have a nice day :)
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,554 Member
    Hi, the mod works if the Target Sim has the following moodlets:
    ReturnedFromAbduction_Dazed
    Relationship_BrokeUp_Sad
    RejectedByLover
    Memory_sad
    Jealousy_CaughtCheating
    Jealousy_CaughtWithAnother
    Jealousy_CheatingDiscovered
    Jealousy_DoomedRelationship
    Forgotten_Birthday
    LostFight
    Child_metNewSibling_Angry
    Child_metNewSibling_Sad
    UninterestedSoulmate
    Jealousy_UnfaithfulLove
    buff_TeenMoodSwing_Sad
    TeenMoodSwing_Embarrassed
    AdultMoodSwing_Sad
    AdultMoodSwing_Embarrassed
    UnwantedProposal
    RejectedProposal
    SharedBigNews_Tense
    Relationship_GotDivorced
    Object_Baby_Mourn
    LeaveWorkEmbarrassed
    ChildDivorce
    Relationship_GotDivorced
    ChildFight
    Pregnancy_NotPregnant
    LoveGuru_RomanticDoom
    Jealousy_DriftingLove
    FutureCube_Grim_LoveLife
    NPC_Sad
    NPC_Embarrassed
    BrokenUpORDivorced_Hidden

There are some moodlets the asking Sim ist not allowed to have though (for several reasons I don't have the time to explain in detail):
    WitnessedDeathLovedOne
    WitnessedDeathFriend
    WitnessedDeathNeutral
    WitnessedDeathNemesis
    Fire_Sim_Singed
    WonFight_Mean
    Buff_WonFight
    TeenMoodSwing_Sad
    TeenMoodSwing_Stressed
    TeenMoodSwing_Embarrassed
    TeenMoodSwing_Angry
    AdultMoodSwing_Sad
    AdultMoodSwing_Stressed
    AdultMoodSwing_Embarrassed
    AdultMoodSwing_Angry
    Relationship_GotDivorced
    Object_Baby_Mourn
    ChildDivorce
    Relationship_GotDivorced
    ChildFight
    Child_metNewSibling_Angry
    Child_metNewSibling_Sad
    UnwantedProposal
    Buff_RejectedProposal
    Relationship_BrokeUp_Sad
    Jealousy_CaughtCheating
    Jealousy_CaughtWithAnother

As you can see, there are a lot of cheating/Jealousy buffs included on that list. If you want, you can post the moodlet your Sim had when the mod was not working for you, so I could check - I might just have missed the specials moodlet your Sim had as there are an awful lot of them and I personally hardly ever have my Sims cheating on one another.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Rococo1256Rococo1256 Posts: 233 Member
    Hi,
    Thank you, it's working now. I'm not sure what was wrong before. I don't usually have my Sims cheat on one another either, I only tried it for testing purposes. :) This time the target Sim was sad regarding a failure to get pregnant, and a Sim was able to ask what happened.

I really like your mods @83bienchen , particularly the ones allowing toddlers to show up autonomously at parks and beaches. This adds so much more life and realism to the game. Thank you for your hard work.
    I am GreenRocket on the Gallery.
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    edited April 2020
    @83bienchen Hi there, I hope you're well. Can I ask in which category this mod can be found? (to clarify, I mean 'Ask what happened' mod). I thought maybe in 'sonstige mods' but I don't see it in there and there are a lot of categories to check through.
  • GenerationSimmerGenerationSimmer Posts: 210 Member
    @83bienchen Hi there, I hope you're well. Can I ask in which category this mod can be found? (to clarify, I mean 'Ask what happened' mod). I thought maybe in 'sonstige mods' but I don't see it in there and there are a lot of categories to check through.

Hi! I believe it is in the "sonstige mods" category.
    This is the one, right?

24tf1pop.png
    👋🏻 Hi, my name is Domi / 📍 Brindleton Bay 💛Legacy Player 🔔FOLLOW ON: TWITTER / TUMBLR
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    Simmivie wrote: »

This is the one, right?

24tf1pop.png

Ah, OK I got the name wrong so no wonder I couldn't find it! Thanks very much :)
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,554 Member
    Was't quick enough. I'm glad you already found it.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • GenerationSimmerGenerationSimmer Posts: 210 Member
    Simmivie wrote: »

This is the one, right?

24tf1pop.png

Ah, OK I got the name wrong so no wonder I couldn't find it! Thanks very much :)

You're welcome! I went to the website to find it for you, cause I knew I have seen it before.
    Now I downloaded it myself. I tried not too cause I have already too much mods, but could not resist :)
    👋🏻 Hi, my name is Domi / 📍 Brindleton Bay 💛Legacy Player 🔔FOLLOW ON: TWITTER / TUMBLR
  • Aiden_h_120Aiden_h_120 Posts: 3 New Member
    why don’t the sims add cc and mods to console because i think this would make console and pc players feel even and it would be better for this to happen so please make it happen 🥺🤠