Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Summer Fest Gift Exchange ~ DONE!

Comments

• ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    Welcome back @SamelaRita :)
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    Waves to @seaben, @Hidehi, and @SamelaRita too! So glad to see you all here.
  • seabenseaben Posts: 631 Member
    Yeah @ciane this is the first time I've done a gift exchange but I'm looking forward to it
    my sims 3 shell challenges https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/974534/the-sims-3-shell-challenge-corner-challenge-4-due-july-31th/p1 or check out my sims blog https://seabensims.wordpress.com/ my Wishlist is seaben06 on the sims 3 store and my oid is also seaben06
  • HidehiHidehi Posts: 1,109 Member

Waves back at @ciane ... and @SamelaRita , @BreeMiles , @seaben and @ADWilson too of course .... I'm already sooooo excited!!! ... and I will be on tenterhooks until Addy reveals who my buddy is .... :#:D
  • SamelaRitaSamelaRita Posts: 1,007 Member
    My turn to wave - at @BreeMiles , @ciane , @Hidehi , @seaben , and of course @ADWilson for starting this off this weekend. And I can't wait to find out who my buddy will be either... :)
    edited April 2020
    And we're glad you joined @seaben !
    It's a fun way to meet and make new friends, chatting via thread while we wait until Gifting Time.

I get as excited as @Hidehi when it's time to reveal Secret Buddies and then get sneak peeks of what some of y'all plan to do while you're working on various things.

Edit: waves to everyone
    @BreeMiles @ciane and @SamelaRita also get excited to know names even if they aren't as exuberant as dear Hidehi. LOL
    I'm really excited to find out who my buddy is to and waves to @ciane @Hidehi @BreeMiles @SamelaRita and @ADWilson
    my sims 3 shell challenges https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/974534/the-sims-3-shell-challenge-corner-challenge-4-due-july-31th/p1 or check out my sims blog https://seabensims.wordpress.com/ my Wishlist is seaben06 on the sims 3 store and my oid is also seaben06
  • LMC6255LMC6255 Posts: 940 Member
    edited April 2020
    Waves to and glad to see you again, @BreeMiles @ciane @Hidehi @SamelaRita Welcome @seaben I hope you have an awesome time!! :) Off to prepare my buddy letter.. ;)

@ADWilson I love your idea for a basegame only gift day!! That is awesome!!!
    I agree having a base game only day for the anniversary is a great idea I love building with minimal packs/store content I don't know why I just do
    Yay!
    Glad y'all like the idea of base game builds for the SIMversary, @LMC6255 and @seaben :smiley:
    Every now and then I try to challenge myself with no store content although I've yet to limit myself pack-wise.
    edited May 2020
    Username: LMC6254

Link to your Sims 3 My Page: https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/LMC6254

I have installed the following Expansion Packs: ALL, except Supernatural

I have installed the following Stuff Packs: ALL

I own the following store content ALL, except the Golden Ticket Toy Store ( I do own the Titanic Toy Machine)
    Note, I don't own the Boardwalk Attire, I also don't have any promotional or exclusive items, except for a few MMAO exclusives..

I own the following EA-made Worlds: ALL

Some of my favorite colors are: I like all colors, I feel, color appeal depends on how it fits with the color scheme and style of the build and how it effects the overall aesthetic...

I really don’t like this color: None, unless the colors are badly matched.. However, If colors don't match on purpose for creative reasons, go ahead, I love builds done with an artistic flair! So please be creative and have fun!!

I love to use items from this set: I use items from all sets depending on what I am creating and how it looks within the overall town's scenic style where the built is placed.. I prefer to use store content, but I often will mix store items with EP or SP items so builds upload easier....

I prefer to play in this EA-made World: Hidden Springs, Sunset Valley, and Aurora Skies

I enjoy playing in this custom world (please include link): Woody Lakes https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9258324
    Sunset Valley 2: https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7016943
    Renaissance Gardens: https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9333770
    I also enjoy playing with many of the worlds by RFLong...

I enjoy this style of build the most: (Examples: Craftsman, Victorian, Modern) It depends on which surroundings the build is in.. I have found builds I adore in every style, choose whatever style you are best at building and is fun for you!! :) I know I will love it!! <3

I really don’t want this in my game: I don't like having to control a very large households, no more than three sims please!!

I would or would not like lots in the following sizes: I prefer smaller lots, nothing larger than a 30 x 30 if it is a residential lot.. However, if the lot needs to be bigger because it is a special type of commercial lot, then go ahead and use whatever lot size you need...

I want/don’t want berry sims: It is up to you buddy if you want to add berry sims, if you choose to, please just make the berry sim simply colorful, and human looking, (no plant people please).. If you would like to create sims (either human or berry) from another period in history (for example: sims wearing Tudor style clothing, or Space boots because of the style of the lot demands it) that would also be lovely! I have never played berry sims..

I want/don’t want occult sims: No occult sims of any type please! I prefer a realistic style of gameplay..

I want/don’t want pets in the household: Dear Buddy, It is up to you weather or not you want to add any pets.. However, I would be very grateful if they are low maintenance pets.. I do well with birds, fish or other small animals, dogs with the neat and non destructive trait, if it's cats, please make them in pairs, they keep each other company, please make sure they have all the pet essentials they require (pet-bed, scratching pole, litter box, etc.)... No horses, please, they require a lot of attention. :#

Do you want your sims and/or pets skilled up for you? If so, how much? Just a couple of skill points would be awesome!! Pets do not need any skilling up, unless you want to..

Are there certain skills you want skilled because you really like having them ready when you start with a new sim or household? This up to you, Buddy, although, I would be very grateful if new sims had a few skill points in cooking so they don't burn down the kitchen and a few handiness skill points would be very useful!!

Are there particular skill items that you really like having in a build? It would be great if they had a kitchen with fairly good quality stove and fire alarm, also a computer and a bookshelf with some books for skill enhancement would be really helpful!

How do your sims travel around town? Taxi ... vehicle ... bicycle/scooter ... horse ... broom? It depends on the lot, and the accommodations for vehicles.. I am happy with any mode of transportation.. I usually use either cars, scooter, motorcycles or bikes...

Other: Dear Buddy, whatever you decide to create for the Summer Fest Gift Exchange, I will treasure it!! Most of all, I hope you have a wonderful time and that your creativity shines through!! I know I will love it!! <3

Here would be a good place to mention what you do NOT feel comfortable making. There are Simmers who don’t enjoy occult things … they shouldn’t have to create that for another or receive that type of gift in return. This is just one example off the top of my head and I’m sure there are others I haven’t thought of. If you would prefer to send a private message to me with your answer, please feel free to do so.
    I would prefer not to create or receive Occult Sims, haunted houses or haunted graveyards...

This text is to certify that I have read ALL the posts and will follow the rules for participation as well as pay attention to important dates.
    ~ end of form ~

If you’re having trouble figuring out what to say in your letter, peek at the previous gift exchange for ideas.

Sims 3 Happy Holidays Gift Exchange 2019

Don’t worry. Have FUN!
    Your Buddy will what you make for them!
    Post edited by LMC6255 on
    ADWilson wrote: »
    Yay!
    Glad y'all like the idea of base game builds for the SIMversary, @LMC6255 and @seaben :smiley:
    Every now and then I try to challenge myself with no store content although I've yet to limit myself pack-wise.

I have seen some beautiful base game builds.. I hope I'm up to the challenge, I know BG builds take a lot of casting and creativity to pull them of.. It will be well worth the effort and a lot of fun to do!! :)
    Welcome back @LMC6255 :)

Have no fear, you will be up for the challenge. Have seen your studio so I know you're creative!
    @ADWilson Thank you!! :)
    @LMC6255 Yay, you're back! Your builds are amazing - I've seen your studio too! So whatever you build for your buddy will be great and eagerly seized upon admired by everyone else.
    Good morning/afternoon/evening everyone!
    Hope those lurking consider joining the fun.

Create for someone while another makes something for your game.
    Part of the charm in participating is getting your Secret Buddy Name!
    SamelaRita wrote: »
    @LMC6255 Yay, you're back! Your builds are amazing - I've seen your studio too! So whatever you build for your buddy will be great and eagerly seized upon admired by everyone else.

@SamelaRita Thank you! That is very sweet of you to say! I love your builds and stories! I look forward to seeing what you create! <3
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    edited April 2020
    Hi! Was just thinking about the xmas one we did and thought another one be great!
    Glad to see one for the summer.I been quarantined for 2 weeks now, so I totally get it.(Sick with THE VIRUS)
    @ADWilson can I edit my buddy letter if I forgot to mention something
    I'm sorry to hear that @GraceyManor get better soon hugs
    Hi! Was just thinking about the xmas one we did and thought another one be great!
    Glad to see one for the summer.I been quarantined for 2 weeks now, so I totally get it.(Sick with THE VIRUS)

@GraceyManor, So good to hear from you! I hope you join in! I am so sorry to hear that you got sick with the virus! :'( I hope you get well soon! <3
    edited April 2020
    @seaben and @LMC6255
    Thanks! I may join in.=) sounds fun again.I'm recovering now from it, my cough is easing up.
    been to the DR 4 times.
    edited April 2020

@GraceyManor So sorry to hear that you've been ill - and pleased to hear that you're recovering. Do hope you can join in again :)
    edited April 2020
    Username:

Link to your Sims 3 My Page: (read no. 3 listed above!) https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Springfairy556

I have installed the following Expansion Packs: All expansion packs.

I have installed the following Stuff Packs: All, except Katy Perry Sweet Treats

I own the following Store Content: (List what you own ~ if you own a lot of items, please list what you do NOT own)
    I own A LOT of store items.But the items I don't own are:

Grandpa's Grove
    Prisim Art Studio
    Mother Russia
    Grim's Ghastly Manor
    Bahaus

I own the following EA-made Worlds: , and I only own gold version of Sunlit Tides,and midnight hollow the rest are
    basic worlds.

Some of my favorite colors are: Natural Colors like browns, whites, tans

I really don’t like this color: flash neon colors

I love to use items from this set: Brunch at the old mill, Indulgent Bakery, Business as Usual Bistro, Wonders of Carousel, basicall
    anything that adds gameplay.

I prefer to play in this EA-made World: 90% of the time I use custom worlds, but when I do play
    an EA world it would be Appaloosa Plains or Twinbrooke

I enjoy playing in this custom world (please include link): Please note, some of these contain CC,so download at descrition.
    Acadia(link no longer available)
    Great Bear : https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=5182185
    Neverglade: https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=2507660
    Autumn Leaves: https://forums.thesims.com/en_us/discussion/314008/autumn-leaves-5-10-12-download-available-agian-thanks-to-dolldrms1-on-pg-1/p7
    And any world that is made by Rflong7

I enjoy this style of build the most: (Examples: Craftsman, Victorian, Modern): Traditional, Colonial, Federalist, Haunted mansions
    Craftsman, farm houses

I really don’t want this in my game: Moderns or victorians.As pretty as some of them are, I just can't find myself using them.
    And the modern style furniture, just isn't my style.

I would or would not like lots in the following sizes: (If you’re a fan of tiny lots, then here is a great place to mention that! If larger lots make your game lag while loading them, mention it!)
    If the lot could be 50x50 or smaller that would be great, anything bigger and my game likes to crawl LOL.

I want/don’t want berry sims: I don't think I would find use for berry sims, I'm more a realistic type of gal.

I want/don’t want occult sims: (Be sure to specifically list those that you are fine with or mention which ones you don’t want to see in your game!)
    While I find occults fun to play with every so often, its not something I make use of.Aside from ghosts.

I want/don’t want pets in the household: (Like cats more than dogs? Prefer cute puppies to horses? Don’t want any critters? Mention it!)
    Please no horses or large dogs.The worlds I play in don't work well for horses, and I have a weird glitch with large dogs.

Do you want your sims and/or pets skilled up for you? If so, how much? A few points in cooking please, I would hate for my sim to burn
    his or her house down.XD

Are there certain skills you want skilled because you really like having them ready when you start with a new sim or household? (Example: A few points in Cooking would be nice so sims don’t burn the grilled cheese and can make more than a mean bowl of cereal!) Cooking, Gardening and Photography

Are there particular skill items that you really like having in a build? (Example: I love having sims that can cook, garden, paint and write so having those skilling objects would be awe-sim!)
    Cooking, Photography, painting and gardening.

How do your sims travel around town? Taxi ... vehicle ... bicycle/scooter ... horse ... broom? (Mention your preference and whether you want a parking spot or two, garage, bike racks, stable, broom stand. Some sims prefer to put transportation in their inventory, if applicable.) Usually by their own car.

Other: (Describe here anything that you’d really like that might or might not have been previously mentioned!)
    I'm really starting to enjoy into the future, so some of the futuristic items to use would be pretty neat.I also enjoy
    traveling and wouldn't mind some touristy themed attractions for my sims to visit.

Here would be a good place to mention what you do NOT feel comfortable making. There are Simmers who don’t enjoy occult things … they shouldn’t have to create that for another or receive that type of gift in return. This is just one example off the top of my head and I’m sure there are others I haven’t thought of. If you would prefer to send a private message to me with your answer, please feel free to do so.
    Sci-fi lots, I don't really know much about it, so I struggle to build.

This text is to certify that I have read ALL the posts and will follow the rules for participation as well as pay attention to important dates.
    ~ end of form ~
    Post edited by GraceyManor on
    Welcome back @GraceyManor :)
    Sorry you've been ill but am very glad you're recovering.
    Sending positive vibes for being comfortable while you continue healing.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top