Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So have you played a lot of TS4 in lockdown?

Comments

• daisy1989daisy1989 Posts: 87 Member
    After not playing for four years or so I started playing last week every day for a couple of hours at a time. I can't go for too long otherwise I get bored :D
    I downloaded Cats & Dogs and Get to Work and have been enjoying them a lot, but I do find the game as a whole lacks a certrain charm that The Sims 2 had.
    Check out my YouTube channel @ DaisySims
  • julienrob2004julienrob2004 Posts: 4,166 Member
    Nope i have not once played Sims 4 since lockdown , I have totally lost faith in them being able to make it a fun and interesting game instead of the shallow cash cow it has become .
    I have played some sims 2 but after 20 years of playing sims i no longer believe the game is aimed at my age group ( the older player) so i have moved on to other games
  • LyouflnLyoufln Posts: 10,861 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    Lyoufln wrote: »
    I understand what you mean. A weird graphical bug happened in my game months ago, and I slowly grew disinterested in the game and focused on other hobbies. However, I'm really happy that they fixed it with this most recent patch, so I've been been actually playing the game a bit.

I like TS4 and find it fun, but I'm also frustrated by some things and disappointed with others.

For me, I don't mind the loading screens. They keep the game running smoothly, unlike TS3. Lots don't take a lot of time to load either. I don't usually play "dramatic" things either (like sims cheating or arguing), but I do want more depth in that stuff for people who do. It's unsettling to see a sim squabble, and then return right to a friendly conversation. That doesn't make sense. I find the decorative moodlet too extreme, and I want my sims to feel "fine" as their default, not "happy." There's other stuff I want too, like non-creepy looking and bassinet-free babies, more stuff for teens to do, snuggling in double beds, police, burglars, firefighters, and more traits/aspirations. Oh, and normal-sized telescopes, an upright piano, and microscope (My houses are on the small side).

But there's a lot I like about the game too. The worlds look great. The toddlers are realistic and fun. Build mode in intuitive and fun to play with (coming from someone who isn't great at building). I think the artstyle is great (my favourite out of all the games, couldn't stand TS3's sims), CAS is a lot of fun, and the gender patch is probably my favourite addition to any sims game ever. I do like TS4, but there's so much that could be improved upon, but I'm not sure if certain things ever will be.

Glad they fixed your bug! What was it?

I think it's not even that things annoy me (although some definitely do), but more the.. idk.. feeling that I've played it all before. Sometimes I wish sims had memories, actually wanted and feared stuff, had certain personality quirks I have to work with. It's fun for a while and then I just end up feeling they're all so samey.

It's not always like that, there's moments where I can totally get lost in it, but I feel the past few months I've been disillusioned with the franchise, for lack of better words.

When I play things like Ori, Days Gone, heck even Oceanhorn on Apple Arcade, I feel that the people who made it truly wanted to make something special. That for all the flaws even these games may have, there was a genuine desire to craft something unique... With the sims I just don't feel that at all lately. I don't feel it in their interviews, their recent blog, their engagement on social media...maybe I'm wrong idk. But it doesn't make me want to even fire up the game.

And it comes and goes really, like you said, something the interest wanes a little and it'll probably shift back eventually to where I can and want to enjoy this title... and who knows, maybe it's just how sims games are (it's not like I'm playing any of the older ones either right now) but right now it doesn't feel very inspired or inspiring. And I'm very much worried that this franchise will never bring back the magic of the original games at all...

jimbbq yeah agree that mobile game is one grindy boring piece of trash.

@SimTrippy Sorry for the late response! The issue was oddly specific. An update to graphics for Mac players borked Windenburg for people with certain graphics cards and who also used laptop mode. All the world plants went blocky (ex. Beach grasses was framed in a big beige rectangle, Bushes were surrounded by green rectangles, etc). Of course, I've pretty much only played on the Windenburg island for the past year, so it was very noticeable. I'm glad they fixed it! :)
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »
    I actually playing less.

How come?

My husband is home, laid off due to a certain virus.

Aw I'm sorry to hear that :( what kind of job did he do? I really hope he'll find something when all this ends and that you get enough support where you live.. :(
    I understand what you mean. A weird graphical bug happened in my game months ago, and I slowly grew disinterested in the game and focused on other hobbies. However, I'm really happy that they fixed it with this most recent patch, so I've been been actually playing the game a bit.

I like TS4 and find it fun, but I'm also frustrated by some things and disappointed with others.

For me, I don't mind the loading screens. They keep the game running smoothly, unlike TS3. Lots don't take a lot of time to load either. I don't usually play "dramatic" things either (like sims cheating or arguing), but I do want more depth in that stuff for people who do. It's unsettling to see a sim squabble, and then return right to a friendly conversation. That doesn't make sense. I find the decorative moodlet too extreme, and I want my sims to feel "fine" as their default, not "happy." There's other stuff I want too, like non-creepy looking and bassinet-free babies, more stuff for teens to do, snuggling in double beds, police, burglars, firefighters, and more traits/aspirations. Oh, and normal-sized telescopes, an upright piano, and microscope (My houses are on the small side).

But there's a lot I like about the game too. The worlds look great. The toddlers are realistic and fun. Build mode in intuitive and fun to play with (coming from someone who isn't great at building). I think the artstyle is great (my favourite out of all the games, couldn't stand TS3's sims), CAS is a lot of fun, and the gender patch is probably my favourite addition to any sims game ever. I do like TS4, but there's so much that could be improved upon, but I'm not sure if certain things ever will be.

Glad they fixed your bug! What was it?

I think it's not even that things annoy me (although some definitely do), but more the.. idk.. feeling that I've played it all before. Sometimes I wish sims had memories, actually wanted and feared stuff, had certain personality quirks I have to work with. It's fun for a while and then I just end up feeling they're all so samey.

It's not always like that, there's moments where I can totally get lost in it, but I feel the past few months I've been disillusioned with the franchise, for lack of better words.

When I play things like Ori, Days Gone, heck even Oceanhorn on Apple Arcade, I feel that the people who made it truly wanted to make something special. That for all the flaws even these games may have, there was a genuine desire to craft something unique... With the sims I just don't feel that at all lately. I don't feel it in their interviews, their recent blog, their engagement on social media...maybe I'm wrong idk. But it doesn't make me want to even fire up the game.

And it comes and goes really, like you said, something the interest wanes a little and it'll probably shift back eventually to where I can and want to enjoy this title... and who knows, maybe it's just how sims games are (it's not like I'm playing any of the older ones either right now) but right now it doesn't feel very inspired or inspiring. And I'm very much worried that this franchise will never bring back the magic of the original games at all...

jimbbq yeah agree that mobile game is one grindy boring piece of trash.

@SimTrippy Sorry for the late response! The issue was oddly specific. An update to graphics for Mac players borked Windenburg for people with certain graphics cards and who also used laptop mode. All the world plants went blocky (ex. Beach grasses was framed in a big beige rectangle, Bushes were surrounded by green rectangles, etc). Of course, I've pretty much only played on the Windenburg island for the past year, so it was very noticeable. I'm glad they fixed it! :)

Ok yes that would annoy the living hell out of me too :D well good thing it's gone now haha.
  • thesimmers340thesimmers340 Posts: 21 Member
    Yes, I have started playing more and even creating some art with this :D
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    I started two whole new games on my Sims 4. The 1st one is based on the very beginning of Earth with Adam & Eve as my 1st household. I've been bulldozing all the lots in all my worlds & putting mostly large rocks & plants on most of the lots to look like it's in prehistorical times. I just have Windenburg, San Mochino, the vaction worlds & the hidden worlds to redo. The 2nd game is based on the future in the year 2525 with my fave SciFi/Fantasy households. I've also redid most of the worlds except the vaction worlds & hidden worlds. I've saved all that I've build & my sims in the gallery. I wish there was a way to actually save my whole worlds in the gallery too. Oh well.
  • darkroomxdaisydarkroomxdaisy Posts: 52 Member
    Not only have I been in full sim mode, but I've always purchased the 8 game/stuff packs that I've been needing to complete my collection to date!
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    No, have not played at all, played an lot of Doom 64 and other games.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • TheLibrarySimTheLibrarySim Posts: 966 Member
    My essential store has been paying double time for overtime, so I've been working 50+ hours a week. What with my schedule and trying to get enough sleep (it's an overnight gig) I can only manage to play twice a week.
    To make matters worse, I just got Strangerville, and I want to finish the story!
    It's driving me crazy!
    7mQr8Yt.jpg
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    I’ve been playing so much I neglected so many projects. I have 3 projects due for 3 different classes, have an exam for 2 classes both due tomorrow. And I still haven’t read the chapter for 1🤗😬😬I get distracted alot
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    I haven't even tried. My attention span currently feels too short. I can't stay focused on any task.
    It's driving nuts.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Not at all.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • MyriadSimsMyriadSims Posts: 1,197 Member
    It's literally the only game that I play on my pc now. I'm hardcore.
    Not at all.

It's a good thing there's so many other good games but I still wish I'd also want to play the sims somehow. But then I think about booting it up and immediately lose motivation.

Although I'm currently super hard into telltale games 😂 first finished the wolf among us and now I'm on season 2 of the walking dead and man do I love it. There's that at least.

Jesus somehow the announcement of this EP has put me off a little more BUT it could surprise me. I kinda like the theme, just don't see how it why it need to be an EP.
  • momboqueenmomboqueen Posts: 1,721 Member
    what lock down?
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,701 Member
    No. Because binging on Animal Crossing. Which is why I'm really excited to get back with the new expansion pack.
  • AkilAkil Posts: 253 Member
    No but that's not Sims fault. It's Animal Crossings.
  • safersavioursafersaviour Posts: 507 Member
    Yeah... but I go through obsessive phases with games. One month I'll play nothing but Sims, then I'll jump to something else. I have been having fun installing a bunch of new mods though!
  • hellokitty1496hellokitty1496 Posts: 243 Member
    It's the only thing that has kept me preoccupied during this quantine. Well, this and Youtube. I've been playing here and there with my recently played families while building new lots. Right now, I'm trying to make a legacy out of a townie and a sim I've made (I was never a legacy person) as well as finishing certain build/buy mode challenges. Tiny houses have been really fun to do and with the new eco-living pack that's coming out soon, I might have even more of a use for it.

@SimTrippy Have you tried making stories or building highly furnished lots and budget starter homes? Maybe make custom pictures and post them around your lot? I know you mentioned challenges, but I wasn't too sure on which ones.
  • Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member
    I played a lot of TS2 during the lockdown. I want to play TS4, I'm really trying, but the gameplay is too shallow for me at the end.

I really want something like TS2's attraction/chemistry system in TS4 so my Sims can tell me who they like more without me having to choose each of them their partner, cause doing that with 80+ Sims (my current save) can be much. Is there like a mod that replicates it at least?
  • Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    Animal crossing may have taken over my time for the last 45ish days so to answer your question no. I’ve actually played sims once for an hour since animal crossing was released. I do plan on playing more now though since I didn’t have quite as much to do in AC each day now.
  • mctsimmermctsimmer Posts: 277 Member
    No I haven't found myself playing more Sims 4 during lockdown. But that doesn't mean I have cut them out of my life. Last save was in February.

I still play Sims Mobile and Sims 3. But haven't started up with Sims 2. It still has that bug where it erases the entire save file clean. Sims 2 is hands down my favorite,but can't stand being attached to characters and their gone in a blink of an eye. Next time I start up game will put save on external drive
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Akl500P wrote: »
    Animal crossing may have taken over my time for the last 45ish days so to answer your question no. I’ve actually played sims once for an hour since animal crossing was released. I do plan on playing more now though since I didn’t have quite as much to do in AC each day now.

I am loving Animal Crossing <3
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
    mctsimmer wrote: »
    No I haven't found myself playing more Sims 4 during lockdown. But that doesn't mean I have cut them out of my life. Last save was in February.

I still play Sims Mobile and Sims 3. But haven't started up with Sims 2. It still has that bug where it erases the entire save file clean. Sims 2 is hands down my favorite,but can't stand being attached to characters and their gone in a blink of an eye. Next time I start up game will put save on external drive

Aw funny, mine is from February too :D