Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Summer Fest Gift Exchange ~ DONE!

ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
edited February 13 in Nominated Threads
On June 2, 2009 a game we know and <3 LOVE <3 was released.
That’s right! Sims 3!!!

The game and this Community bring countless hours of fun (building and/or playing) as well as friendships that brighten our day and make us smile.

During this time, most of us are home and have our own experiences regarding COVID-19. We will continue staying safe and doing our part.

We find different ways to stay in touch and give to others.

nowge.jpg

thenge.jpg

One way to give is a Sims 3 homemade gift exchange, of course!

Interested? SIMtastic!!!
Please read on …

This is a SECRET EXCHANGE.
Please do not reveal your Buddy before the gifting period opens.

Certain communication will only be done via private messages so each Buddy will need to check their Inbox on a regular basis.

Thank YOU MiaSkywalker and Prissy for helping check to ensure creations are CC Free! MUCH appreciated.

Checklist:
Be a Buddy! Use the Buddy Form Letter found in the 4th post.
Chat & ask generic questions in the thread.
For specific questions concerning gifts & such, send me a PM.
Follow the Rules (3rd post) & note the Important Dates (2nd post).
During gifting time, compliment & click the “Recommend It” button.
Above all, Have FUN!!!

BIG virtual germ-free Hugs!
Addy

Index:
Important Dates
Rules
Buddy Letter Form
Buddy Letters
SIMversary Gifts
Buddy Gifts
Frequently Asked Questions
Post edited by EA_Solaire on

Comments

• ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    edited May 2020
    Important Dates
    Please add to your calendar!!!

Late Buddy Letters will not be accepted!
    Edit: Opened at 8 pm (EST) on Saturday, April 18 because I didn't want to wait any longer. Hee hee hee

Buddy Names: Each Buddy name will be sent via private message and should arrive by 10 pm (EST) on Sunday, May 3.

ALL check-ins need to be done via the thread.
    Do not send a private message or post on my Sims 3 My Page wall.

Check-in ONE: Before or by the end of Tuesday, May 5.
    This lets me know that you received your Buddy name.
    If you haven’t received a name and need it re-sent, please let me know ASAP!

Check-in TWO: Before or by the end of Tuesday, May 12.
    This is just a general check-in to let me know that you’re doing okay.

If you need help with anything or foresee any problems, be sure to ask or mention! General questions should be asked in the thread, Buddy specific ones must be sent to me via private message.

Check-in THREE: Before or by the end of Tuesday, May 26.
    Your gift should be almost ready to go at this time.

VERY Important!!!: If you miss one of the above check-ins without letting me know beforehand, you will receive a private message. If you do not respond by the date listed in the private message, you will be eliminated from this gift exchange and won’t receive a gift. The person who had you will be asked if they would like to gift the Buddy you were assigned. The only exception against elimination is letting me know ahead of time that you will miss a deadline.

GIFTING Time: Wednesday, June 3 through Tuesday, June 9.
    If you are unable to gift during this time, let me know ASAP!
    That’s 7 days to spoil your Buddy if you are someone who enjoys dropping a little something each day.

But wait, there’s MORE!
    There will be a special day of gifting … June 2. For those interested, this will be a day of gifting the Community instead of Buddies with base game only builds and/or Sims so every Sims 3 player can enjoy them. No store content or expansion/stuff packs, if possible. If you feel the need to use something from the store or an expansion/stuff pack, do so but please remember … not all players own the store or all the packs nor have the means to do so. Our gift to others should not burden their wallets.

MAXIMUM of three gifts per person, please!

Participating in this additional giving is not mandatory nor does it reflect on your status as a Buddy should you choose to not participate.
    Post edited by ADWilson on
    edited April 2020
    Rules

Remember, this is a Sims 3 only gift exchange ~ NO Sims 4 gifts allowed.

The rules have been categorized in the hopes that they’ll be easier to read.
    Be sure to check each spoiler tag!

REQUIREMENT to join: Be able to upload to your studio.
    If you haven’t uploaded anything within the last 3 months, now is a good time to check and ensure that you can. Create a simple sim and/or build a basic house then upload for testing purposes.

Hello, Buddy!
    If you signed up for a previous gift exchange and didn’t give a homemade gift, you will not be paired up in this exchange. Sorry, no exceptions!

B1. Join by posting a letter (see post 4 for the form letter that must be used!).

B2. If you get a new store item or pack, please edit your Buddy letter AND post in the thread that changes were made.

B3. Keep your Buddy Name a secret once you receive your name via private message.

B4. Remember to check-in on the check-in dates! Checking in early is fine.

B5. Regularly check the thread.

B6. Asking a question if fine. Copping an attitude is not.
    Rude or mean behavior will not be tolerated. If seen, I will remove you at my discretion.

B7. If something comes up (ex: personal, computer problems, etc.), please let me know ASAP via PM so arrangements can be made for your Buddy.

Make Gifts!
    M1. No custom content is allowed. All gifts will be custard checked, no exceptions.
    Please refer to the FAQs post on how to start a clean, no CC game.

M2. You must make at least one homemade gift for your Buddy.
    This is not something that is bought from the Sims 3 store.

M3. Gift Guideline:
    *If making one gift, BUILD something for your Buddy.
    *If making more than one (not required!), one gift must be a build, but the rest can be additional builds and/or sims and/or pets.

M4. Buddy Letters are suggestions and not a checklist of what will be gifted (or received!) during gifting time.

Gifting Time!
    G1. You must gift and be gifted.

G2. When a gift is being given, post a message in the thread.
    This message must include:
    Your Buddy’s name
    Gift number (very helpful to Buddy & host!)
    Link to the studio upload
    Screenshots showing off the gift.

SIMversary Gift: Instead of Buddy’s name, please use Sims 3 Community.

G3. In the gift message, it’s best to put more than 5 screenshots inside a spoiler tag to prevent page jumping as pictures load and help with page loading times.

The way it works looks like this:
    [ spoiler ] pictures and accompanying text go here [ /spoiler ]
    Remember to remove the spaces before and after each bracket!

G4. To keep things cozy, gifts will be given in this thread. Please do not make a separate gifting thread for your Buddy.

Community Gift: This gift doesn’t need its own thread either.

G5. If you download or add a gift to your favorites list, please ‘Recommend It’.

G6. Everybody loves compliments!
    Gifts take time & effort so be sure to let Buddies know what caught your eye.
    edited April 2020
    Buddy Letter

1. MUST use this form!
    It’s a guide to give your Buddy as much information as possible. Include any additional info you think would help them get to know your way of playing the game.

2. The more details, the better!!!

3. Your Sims 3 My Page helps me when Buddy pairings are being made, especially if I don’t know you very well. If you’d rather not put your link in the letter, please send me a PM with this information. Also … if your page is set to private, you need to send me a friend request or make your page public for the duration of the gift exchange.

4. Remember, this is a guide and not a step-by-step wishlist.
    You might or might not get something that is mentioned here.

As always, your Buddy is looking forward to creating something truly unique for you!

Buddy Letter form:

Username:

Link to your Sims 3 My Page: (read no. 3 listed above!)

I have installed the following Expansion Packs:

I have installed the following Stuff Packs:

I own the following Store Content: (List what you own ~ if you own a lot of items, please list what you do NOT own)

I own the following EA-made Worlds:

Some of my favorite colors are:

I really don’t like this color:

I love to use items from this set:

I prefer to play in this EA-made World:

I enjoy playing in this custom world (please include link):

I enjoy this style of build the most: (Examples: Craftsman, Victorian, Modern)

I really don’t want this in my game:

I would or would not like lots in the following sizes: (If you’re a fan of tiny lots, then here is a great place to mention that! If larger lots make your game lag while loading them, mention it!)

I want/don’t want berry sims:

I want/don’t want occult sims: (Be sure to specifically list those that you are fine with or mention which ones you don’t want to see in your game!)

I want/don’t want pets in the household: (Like cats more than dogs? Prefer cute puppies to horses? Don’t want any critters? Mention it!)

Do you want your sims and/or pets skilled up for you? If so, how much? (Example: A couple of points, but not maxed out)

Are there certain skills you want skilled because you really like having them ready when you start with a new sim or household? (Example: A few points in Cooking would be nice so sims don’t burn the grilled cheese and can make more than a mean bowl of cereal!)

Are there particular skill items that you really like having in a build? (Example: I love having sims that can cook, garden, paint and write so having those skilling objects would be awe-sim!)

How do your sims travel around town? Taxi ... vehicle ... bicycle/scooter ... horse ... broom? (Mention your preference and whether you want a parking spot or two, garage, bike racks, stable, broom stand. Some sims prefer to put transportation in their inventory, if applicable.)

Other: (Describe here anything that you’d really like that might or might not have been previously mentioned!)

Here would be a good place to mention what you do NOT feel comfortable making. There are Simmers who don’t enjoy occult things … they shouldn’t have to create that for another or receive that type of gift in return. This is just one example off the top of my head and I’m sure there are others I haven’t thought of. If you would prefer to send a private message to me with your answer, please feel free to do so.

This text is to certify that I have read ALL the posts and will follow the rules for participation as well as pay attention to important dates.
    ~ end of form ~

If you’re having trouble figuring out what to say in your letter, peek at the previous gift exchange for ideas.

Sims 3 Happy Holidays Gift Exchange 2019

Don’t worry. Have FUN!
    Your Buddy will <3 what you make for them!
    edited April 2020
    edited June 2020
    SIMversary Gifts

Builds

From ciane
    Simly Simish, residential CC-Free o:)

From Hidehi
    Cherry Blossom, residential CC-Free o:)

From LMC6255
    A View From the Top, residential CC-Free o:)
    Ocean View, residential CC-Free o:)

From MsPrissy88
    Hick Family Home, residential CC-Free o:)

~*~*~*~

Builds with Sims

From SamelaRita
    Hill CC-Free o:)
    Ashburn CC-Free o:)
    Hill and Ashburn were created for her One Tomato Challenge. Their background stories as well as challenge rules can be found HERE

~*~*~*~

Sims

From ADWilson
    Simone CC-Free o:)

From MsPrissy88
    Hick
    Has been checked and shows CAS part (Makeup) ~ Eyeliner (tyaf)
    When I installed, nothing but the household is showing so will consider this to be safe

~*~*~*~

Worlds

From seaben
    Beautiful Breeze Oasis CC-Free o:)
    edited July 2020
    Buddy Gifts

To: BreeMiles
    Gift Message 1 CC-Free o:)
    Gift Message 2 CC-Free o:)
    Gift Message 3 CC-Free o:)
    Gift Message 4 CC-Free o:)

~*~*~*~

To: ciane
    Gift Message 5 CC-Free o:)
    Gift Message 6 CC-Free o:)

~*~*~*~

To: GraceyManor
    Gift Message 7 CC-Free o:)

~*~*~*~

To: Hidehi

~*~*~*~

To: LMC6255
    Gift Message 7 CC-Free o:)

~*~*~*~

To: SamelaRita

~*~*~*~

To: seaben
    Gift Message CC-Free o:)

~*~*~*~

To: Everyone, especially SamelaRita
    Tomato, Tomahto
    Download House CC-Free o:)
    Download Household CC-Free o:)

One Tomato Challenge

From ciane
    Chad
    Ella

One Tomato Story

Ella, part one
    Ella, part two
    edited June 2020
    Reserved
    edited April 2020
    Frequently Asked Questions:

What is a homemade gift exchange?
    Each participant (Buddy) writes a letter mentioning things they would like or not like to have in their game ~ each Buddy then gets paired with another Buddy and secretly makes a gift or gifts for him/her (this can be a build, pet or sim) ~ during gifting time, the Buddies reveal themselves and share their gift for their special someone.

What is a homemade gift?
    Something that is created while in-game and not purchased from the Sims 3 store is a homemade gift. A residential or community lot counts. A sim or pet needs more than simply being created in CAS, they should be taken in-game and given a bit of personality. Giving them a few skill points and/or place things in their personal inventory are just a couple of suggestions you might want to consider.

How do I start a clean, no CC game?
    1 Rename your “The Sims 3” folder to something else. I often use “The Sims 3 old”.
    2 Start the game. Since it can’t find the folder, it will proceed to make a brand new one and that will be have the factory default settings. It doesn’t contain CC, mods or Sims 3 store content.
    3 Exit the game. Your folder will have the new folder labeled “The Sims 3”.
    4 Add whatever Sims 3 store content you’d like to use in the gift for your Buddy.
    5 Unless you’re familiar with mods and whether they create custom content, it might be best to not use them.

MiaSkywalker has suggested another method that removes most of the CC from a game (CC can stick to a .sim file and will be transferrable through the Exchange).

Her method:
    1 Remove or rename the mods folder.
    2 Rename the extension of all .dbc files in the DCCache folder to something else, like XXX.dbc.backup (Note: .ebc is store content and .dbc is CC).

How do I post an image?
    Above the “Leave a Comment” box is a toolbar with formatting options. The one that looks like a picture is used to post an image. Move your mouse cursor over it and the message shows “Image”. Click on it and paste or type your image link location in the box. Image should be seen when “Preview” button is pressed.

An alternate method also works (thanks go to @ciane for reminding me about this!). You manually type [ i m g ] paste-your-link-here [ / i m g ] without the spaces inside the brackets.

To make the image clickable: You manually type [ u r l = paste-your-url-link-here ][ i m g ] paste-your-image-link-here[ / i m g ][ / u r l ] without the spaces inside the brackets.

How do I post a link?
    Above the “Leave a Comment” box is a toolbar with formatting options. The one that looks like two interlocking chains in a link is used to post a link. Move your mouse cursor over it and the message shows “Url”. Click on it and paste or type your url location in the box (TIP: remember to remove the text that automatically appears before entering your information!). Press the “ok” button. Link should be seen when “Preview” button is pressed.

An alternate method also works. You manually type [ u r l ] paste-your-link-here [ / u r l ] without the spaces inside the brackets.

If you want the link title to be other than the link address, type in your changes to the wording that is located before [ / u r l ] without the spaces inside the brackets.

If typing this manually, it would look similar to this: [ u r l = paste-your-link-here] type-whatever-you’d like-the-link-to-be-called[ / u r l ] without the spaces inside the brackets.

Is CAP custom content?
    Looking over previous gift exchanges, this little nugget was discovered. TnT_Terry wrote, “CAP is NOT considered CC at all (it's an EA/Sims 3 program), but will definitely show separately in custard. Most importantly, when using patterns on any lot/sim/object it is always best to link to every pattern used because they don't always transfer with upload.”

However, please note that there are Buddies who don’t want anything that shows up separately in custard so it is probably best not to include them.
    reserved
    reserved
    edited April 2020
    Opening early ... hee hee hee
    Let the fun begin!
    We are OPEN !!!

Returning Buddies,
    There are a few changes since the last event, namely to the Buddy Letter form.
    Be sure to also note the unique "gifting opportunity" on the Important Dates post under Gifting Time.

As always, looking forward to seeing what y'all come up with!
  • BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,909 Member
    edited April 2020
    Super cool Addy, I really love the way you incorporated the pictures of our social distancing, and the reference picture to last year, it reminds us how different things can be in a year!
    BreeMiles wrote: »
    Super cool Addy, I really love the way you incorporated the pictures of our social distancing, and the reference picture to last year, it reminds us how different things can be in a year!

Thank YOU!
    Yes, a lot has changed in a year or even since the last gift exchange. I wanted to acknowledge our situation but not dwell in it, if that makes sense. We're all affected and we will get through this together.
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    edited April 2020
    Username: ciane

Link to your Sims 3 My Page: https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/ciane
    I have installed the following Expansion Packs: ALL
    I have installed the following Stuff Packs: ALL

I own the following Store Content: If it’s buy or build mode that isn’t part of some promo or bonus, I have it. If it’s part of a store set, I have it. If it’s a CAS item that isn’t part of any set, I might not have it.

I own the following EA-made Worlds: ALL

Some of my favorite colors are: I love blues, blue greens, and blue violets. I also love warm autumn colors. I love strong contrast colors of black, white, and red. I really love colors that are soft and muted and blend well together.

I really don’t like this color: Greenish yellow is probably my least favorite, but I still like it in the right setting.

I love to use items from this set: I love the Bauhaus set windows and doors because I can easily mix and match of all them. And, I love the kitchen and bath clutter from the mid-century set because they add to the authenticity of the way the rooms look. I also love some of the futuristic pieces that just seem so streamlined.

I prefer to play in this EA-made World: I love to play in Sunset Valley, Riverview, Hidden Springs, Sunlit Tides… I really love variety and am happy in all the worlds.

I enjoy playing in this custom world (please include link): I don’t play any.

I enjoy this style of build the most: I am a modern gal. I love simple, minimal, streamlined, but with an artsy perspective, something that stands out and makes it different from all the others.

I really don’t want this in my game: Too many patterns or clashing colors. I like a room to have just one stand out pattern or color and the rest to be more muted.

I would like smaller lots in the following sizes: less than 40x40. (I am a fan of tiny lots! Larger lots make my game lag!)

I don’t want berry sims. I play the gal/guy next door kind of sims.

I don’t want occult sims: It’s occasionally fun to play a genie or a witch, but they are the rare taken out of time kind of play.

I don’t want pets in the household: I play with just one pet in a household, if I have one. More than that is a lot of micromanaging and means I pause a lot and have to play much slower.

Do you want your sims and/or pets skilled up for you? I only want them skilled if you feel like playing them for a story.
    Are there certain skills you want skilled because you really like having them ready when you start with a new sim or household? I like if sims have one cooking point so they can watch the cooking channel for fun. I like when they have one athletic point so they can jog places. I like when they have one charisma point so that they gain charisma skill as they talk and interact with others.

Are there particular skill items that you really like having in a build? A mirror. ; }

How do your sims travel around town? They usually jog, but if in a hurry, a motorcycle is good. (a parking spot is good for when they need a Prius to teach a teen to drive.)

Other: I love a challenge and I love a story. I love poor starts and humble beginnings.

I’m fairly comfortable making anything.

This text is to certify that I have read ALL the posts and will follow the rules for participation as well as pay attention to important dates.
    Post edited by ciane on
    Welcome back @ciane :)
  • LMC6255LMC6255 Posts: 940 Member
    @ADWilson , I'm looking forward to wonderful gift exchange!! I will be getting my buddy letter together, hopefully it will be ready tomorrow! :)
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    I had somehow missed answering a couple questions, but I think I've got them all now. :smiley:
    Waves at @LMC6255 and @BreeMiles!
  • seabenseaben Posts: 631 Member
    edited May 2020
    Buddy Letter form:

Username:seaben

Link to your Sims 3 My Page: https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/seaben06

I have installed the following Expansion Packs: world adventures late night generations pets showtime seasons university supernatural

I have installed the following Stuff Packs: outdoor living high end loft

I own the following Store Content: most my store content is not installing properly so the only store content i have working and are using right now are free items the toddler walker the cocoon crib the plants vs zombies fun pack the mascot attack attack pack the gothic candle stool the oval gothic painting the gilded window the steampunk kitchen-artic Keen cog and sprocket refrigerator the open gears wall clock the knighting of sir Asad the gothique end table the gearbuster door the Galileo's observer the dulcinea guitar the Victorian kerosene wall lamp
    And the gothique flower vase festive fencing waves of light palm light bargain lightSteampunk Kitchen- Geared Clock-work Counter

I own the following EA-made Worlds:not installing properly right now so N/A

Some of my favorite colors are: i don't feel to strongly about any colors but in sims builds i like neutral colors with brown or black

I really don’t like this color: i don't hate any color but yellow orange and red are very strong so don't use these to much for exemple it would be fine to have a red rug but don't paint a hole room red

I love to use items from this set: doesnt matter N/A

I prefer to play in this EA-made World: sunset valley i played the sims 2 2 years before i got the sims 3 so I like the character/story lines a lot

I enjoy playing in this custom world (please include link): i have not played in custom worlds so N/A

I enjoy this style of build the most: i love every kind of style so just build from your heart

I really don’t want this in my game: that cc counter that sticks to uploads

I would or would not like lots in the following sizes: a 60x60 lot would be nice sense the large,ist lots i can build without looking empty are 40x40

I want/don’t want berry sims: originally I thought of saying I want berry sims because I never play with them because I always play with regular sims but I'm changing my answer to witch ever you want to make

I want/don’t want occult sims: i have not played with with occult sims very much but make any kind of sim you want to ok

I want/don’t want pets in the household: i would love pets but only dogs and horses no cats

Do you want your sims and/or pets skilled up for you? If so, how much? (Example: A couple of points, but not maxed out) i want my sims skilled up to low or medium level

Are there certain skills you want skilled because you really like having them ready when you start with a new sim or household? (Example: A few points in Cooking would be nice so sims don’t burn the grilled cheese and can make more than a mean bowl of cereal!) medium handiness would be nice and level 2 or 3 of a money making skill like painting or writing

Are there particular skill items that you really like having in a build? (Example: I love having sims that can cook, garden, paint and write so having those skilling objects would be awe-sim!) in easel and computer and as many other skill building items as you can fit

How do your sims travel around town? Taxi ... vehicle ... bicycle/scooter ... horse ... broom? (Mention your preference and whether you want a parking spot or two, garage, bike racks, stable, broom stand. Some sims prefer to put transportation in their inventory, if applicable.) just put a garage or two because my sims have different travel vehicles depending on the sim

Other: (Describe here anything that you’d really like that might or might not have been previously mentioned!) make the build as expensive as possible because i'm going to use it for my legacy challenges and I need a large empty room for portraits and if you make pets keep them separate from the main house hold and one more thing have fun

Here would be a good place to mention what you do NOT feel comfortable making. There are Simmers who don’t enjoy occult things … they shouldn’t have to create that for another or receive that type of gift in return. This is just one example off the top of my head and I’m sure there are others I haven’t thought of. If you would prefer to send a private message to me with your answer, please feel free to do so.the biggest size residential lot i can build is 40x40

~ end of form ~
    Post edited by seaben on
    my sims 3 shell challenges https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/974534/the-sims-3-shell-challenge-corner-challenge-4-due-july-31th/p1 or check out my sims blog https://seabensims.wordpress.com/ my Wishlist is seaben06 on the sims 3 store and my oid is also seaben06
    Welcome @seaben :)
  • BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,909 Member

Buddy Letter form:

Username: BreeMiles

Link to your Sims 3 My Page:
    https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/BreeMiles

I have installed the following Expansion Packs: All

I have installed the following Stuff Packs: All (Except KPST)

I own the following Store Content: All

I own the following EA-made Worlds: All

Some of my favorite colors are: I really enjoy all colors

I really don’t like this color: none

I love to use items from this set: All

I prefer to play in this EA-made World: All

I enjoy playing in this custom world: Rflong and Ruthless-KK

I enjoy this style of build the most: All

I really don’t want this in my game: Custom Content

I would or would not like lots in the following sizes: I enjoy all types of lots

I want/don’t want berry sims: I would enjoy trying a berry sim

I want/don’t want occult sims: Don't care much for Vampires or Werewolf's

I want/don’t want pets in the household: Love the pets

Do you want your sims and/or pets skilled up for you? Not needed, I enjoy leveling them up myself!

Are there certain skills you want skilled because you really like having them ready when you start with a new sim or household? No

Are there particular skill items that you really like having in a build? No

How do your sims travel around town? Taxi ... vehicle ... bicycle/scooter ... horse ... broom? My sims travel on all the ones listed!

Other: (Describe here anything that you’d really like that might or might not have been previously mentioned!) Can't think of any thing! I'm however interested and exciting to see what is made! Let your creative flow!

Here would be a good place to mention what you do NOT feel comfortable making. There are Simmers who don’t enjoy occult things … they shouldn’t have to create that for another or receive that type of gift in return. This is just one example off the top of my head and I’m sure there are others I haven’t thought of. If you would prefer to send a private message to me with your answer, please feel free to do so.

~ end of form ~
  • HidehiHidehi Posts: 1,109 Member

Buddy Letter form:

Username: Hidehi

Link to your Sims 3 My Page: (read no. 3 listed above!) https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Hidehi

I have installed the following Expansion Packs: All

I have installed the following Stuff Packs: All except Katy Perry

I own the following Store Content: (List what you own ~ if you own a lot of items, please list what you do NOT own)
    Pretty much everything except early promotional items e.g. Dr Pepper.
    At the moment I have problems with some of my store content not showing up in game and others not being marked as store item but I haven't had enough patience yet to follow ciane's advice on how to rectify the situation :p

I own the following EA-made Worlds: All

Some of my favorite colors are: I prefer natural colours , earthy tones, greens, blues mostly turquoise, shades of purple and muted yellows

I really don’t like this color: I don't dislike any colour, whatever works best in a build ... but very busy wallpaper covering the whole of a room I'm really not very fond of

I love to use items from this set: I usually chose bits and bobs of various sets, but I especially like items from the Brunch at the Old Mill set, Country Living, Club Vaindenburger, Once Upon a Time and a fair amount of general clutter ... 'The Lemonade Baron' makes an appearance in nearly every one of my builds ;)

I prefer to play in this EA-made World:
    I must admit I really do not play with sims in any EA worlds as I prefer to build and I have a few custom worlds I like to use for that purpose (see below) although I quite enjoyed building for my buddy in Riverview during the last Gift Exchange.

I enjoy playing in this custom world (please include link):
    Great Bear by Johnnywr, https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=5182185
    Rflong7' s Supernatural Island http://www.mediafire.com/file/ywm0lhy036p8t31/Supernatural_Island.Sims3Pack/file
    or one of my own

I enjoy this style of build the most: (Examples: Craftsman, Victorian, Modern)
    I have not really got a preference for any building style but I'm trying to fill up a world with Cape Cod style homes at the moment if that helps

I really don’t want this in my game: Nothing that I really dislike ... except maybe third party CC even though some of it looks awesome

I would or would not like lots in the following sizes: I prefer lot sizes up to 40x40, except for some larger community lots like parks, festival grounds or farms etc.

I want/don’t want berry sims: I am not very keen on berry sims

I want/don’t want occult sims: All occult sims are fine with me ... I have not played with a genie yet though

I want/don’t want pets in the household: All pets are okay but I can't cope with more than one ... maybe two in a single sim household.

Do you want your sims and/or pets skilled up for you? Not really necessary

Are there certain skills you want skilled because you really like having them ready when you start with a new sim or household? See above

Are there particular skill items that you really like having in a build? I enjoy having as many items as you can cram into a build for skill building ... a computer is definitely a must

How do your sims travel around town? Taxi ... vehicle ... bicycle/scooter ... horse ... broom?
    No preference here ... my sims use various transport and as they have extremely large pockets to stuff even a large vehicle into I personally don't mind if a lot comes with parking spaces or not ... exception: if my sim has a horse I really would like a stable ;)

Other: (Describe here anything that you’d really like that might or might not have been previously mentioned!)
    As I said above I am in the process of filling up a world with Cape Cod style builds of various sizes so one of these would be extremely useful. But as in previous Gift Exchanges I just want my buddy to have fun and enjoy whatever they'll be creating and not stress out or worry about anything as I'm absolute positive that it will be an awesome gift.

Here would be a good place to mention what you do NOT feel comfortable making.
    I would be quite happy to try and create whatever I hope my buddy would like ... I'm still not very comfortable using CFE so that may be something I would probably avoid.

~ end of form ~
    Welcome back @BreeMiles :)
    Welcome back @Hidehi :)
  • SamelaRitaSamelaRita Posts: 1,007 Member
    edited April 2020
    Username: Samelarita

Link to your Sims 3 My Page: https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/SamelaRita
    I have installed the following Expansion Packs: All of them.

I have installed the following Stuff Packs: All except Sweet Treats

I own the following Store Content: Just about everything except Collection Stancke. And I'm happy to pick up odds and ends if they're in a build. And I don't have any Sweet Treats stuff, obviously.

I own the following EA-made Worlds: All of them

Some of my favorite colors are: Greens, blues, natural tones, autumn tones.

I really don’t like this color: Pink. Especially that Barbie pink – the odd bit of dusty pinks are fine. And I’m not mad on red or orange in large quantities either, nor purple. A little bit of soft purples are fine as accent colours, but I would probably redocorate a very pink or purple room.

I love to use items from this set: All the farm sets, all the cottage sets, anything a bit historical or rural.

I prefer to play in this EA-made World: I’m playing in Lucky Palms at the moment, but for its landscape, not its architecture – I actually stripped it before I started using it.

I enjoy playing in this custom world (please include link): N/A

I enjoy this style of build the most: Actually, dilapidated would probably be the word I’d use here! Or Having Potential, as estate agents say.

I really don’t want this in my game: Occult stuff, because I’m not writing that sort of story. Ditto the space age futuristic stuff – it wouldn’t go with what I’m playing at the moment.

I would or would not like lots in the following sizes: Don’t mind what size, though some smaller ones would be nice, as I’ve got a few large ones going at the moment.

I want/don’t want berry sims: Don’t want. They don’t fit the story I’m writing.

I want/don’t want occult sims: Don’t want. They don’t fit the story I’m writing.

I want/don’t want pets in the household: Pets are fine if they’re an integral part of the story. I do quite like horses.

Do you want your sims and/or pets skilled up for you? If so, how much? A couple of points is nice, and gives them a bit more personality if they’ve got a backstory.

Are there certain skills you want skilled because you really like having them ready when you start with a new sim or household? Don’t mind. Whatever goes with who they are.

Are there particular skill items that you really like having in a build? My poor sims usually start with nothing! Anything that goes with their backstory.

How do your sims travel around town? Rusty old bike!

Other: I’m writing a story that incorporates a load of builds/gifts that I haven’t had time to play separately, so something that fits in with that would be nice, though if you want to make something that doesn’t, that’s fine by me too. I really like renovacies - link here: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/920867/the-renovacy-challenge-a-new-and-short-challenge/p1
    and here’s a link to my storywriting as well: the one called Changing Seasons is the one I’m doing at the moment. It starts at Spring, part 1
    https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?rinli=1&pli=1&blogID=5280815111559791467#allposts
    https://samelasstories.blogspot.com/2020/02/changing-seasons-spring-part-1_6.html
    I am more of a story-teller than a builder!

~ end of form ~
    Post edited by SamelaRita on

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top