Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What hints do we currently have for future packs?

2...Next

Comments

• andimackcentralandimackcentral Posts: 20 Member
    kwanzaabot wrote: »
    Huiiie_07 wrote: »
    To be honest? I would be really, really angry should they decide to release a farming pack with horses. Not because I am against adding them to the game (I am not really interested in them, but I still know that it's a long-term wish of many simmers), it's because it's just the worst to split animals into 3(!) different packs, while in past games, you only had to buy one to have all of them and more (there were freaking penguins in TS2 god 🌺🌺🌺🌺).

Again, I am not against adding horses into the game, I just really despise the way they're splitting up content this time around.

Same thing with hotels. Even though I'd really like to have them in my game, I don't know if I would pay for a feature that should have been included in Island Living (or even OR). It's like paying 40$ for a game that you know will only be complete after paying another 20, maybe even 30$ additionally.

Let's be real, the only reason they managed to do pets AND horses in TS3, was because the pet animations (like most TS3 animations) were re-used from TS2. It's not fair to compare it to TS4, because In TS4, they're building them from scratch. That's more work (arguably it's work they didn't have to do, but it's work they did, so here we are).

They're also not deliberately holding horses back from Cats & Dogs. C&D was nearly 3 years ago. The choice to make horses was made much later in development, on its own, separate budget.

How do you know that they're building the animations from scratch? Do you work for EA? Incidentally, there are a lot of animations copied from TS3 to TS4 like the martial arts animations for example. I wouldn't be surprised if they copied the animations for the horses from TS3 to save money.

There is not Martial Arts in TS4
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    determig wrote: »
    https://simsvip.com/2017/08/21/sims-4-cats-dogs-gamesradar-interviews-simgurugrant/
    To be honest? I would be really, really angry should they decide to release a farming pack with horses. Not because I am against adding them to the game (I am not really interested in them, but I still know that it's a long-term wish of many simmers), it's because it's just the worst to split animals into 3(!) different packs, while in past games, you only had to buy one to have all of them and more (there were freaking penguins in TS2 god 🌺🌺🌺🌺).

Again, I am not against adding horses into the game, I just really despise the way they're splitting up content this time around.

Same thing with hotels. Even though I'd really like to have them in my game, I don't know if I would pay for a feature that should have been included in Island Living (or even OR). It's like paying 40$ for a game that you know will only be complete after paying another 20, maybe even 30$ additionally.

Let's be real, the only reason they managed to do pets AND horses in TS3, was because the pet animations (like most TS3 animations) were re-used from TS2. It's not fair to compare it to TS4, because In TS4, they're building them from scratch. That's more work (arguably it's work they didn't have to do, but it's work they did, so here we are).

They're also not deliberately holding horses back from Cats & Dogs. C&D was nearly 3 years ago. The choice to make horses was made much later in development, on its own, separate budget.

How do you know that they're building the animations from scratch? Do you work for EA? Incidentally, there are a lot of animations copied from TS3 to TS4 like the martial arts animations for example. I wouldn't be surprised if they copied the animations for the horses from TS3 to save money.

The 4 *****PET****** animations (we're talking about pets, not martial arts) are completely different. Ergo, from scratch.

How do you know that? You were talking about how TS3 copied animations from TS2. I was just mentioning that TS4 copied animations from TS3 too. So TS4 is guilty of it as well.

You make it sound like EAxis does so much work, but if they did, the packs would be more filled out with gameplay and they would make sure they weren't adding new bugs to the ever growing pile. Plus animating horses isn't THAT much work.

When TS3 came out with horses in their Pets EP, someone came out with a ridable horse mod for TS2 (because there are no horses in the original TS2). So if ONE modder can do that, it's not as big a job as you make it sound - it doesn't even need to have its own separate budget.

https://simsvip.com/2017/08/21/sims-4-cats-dogs-gamesradar-interviews-simgurugrant/

I don't know why you posted this link. It doesn't say anywhere that they built the pet animations from scratch. Grant only talked about the process, how they added five new species to this iteration's game which are kittens, cat, puppies, small dogs and large dogs and the interactions with child and adult sims. Consequently, they use this same process for all the previous iterations as well. This is nothing new and it doesn't say that they made animations for it from scratch.

With TS3, it was an even greater undertaking because we had a greater variety of pets and the TS3 devs had to also include interactions of pets with teens (TS4 doesn't have shorter teen sims - they're the same height as the adults....so lazy).

Moreover, in TS3, the player can control the major pets as well - something totally lacking not only in TS4, but in TS2 and TS1 as well. So there was more work on that too than any other iteration.

TS4 uses the martial arts animations from TS3 for their military career sparring.

• texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    candy8 wrote: »
    Whatever EA does it will just be a rehash of Sims 3,2, that is all it has been since they created Sims 4 very little originality in the Sims 4.

Yes but it will add new elements like in Seasons were sims can decorate a tree and have holidays with the calendar.

Decorating the tree is one of the most beautiful things in the game!
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,351 Member

I may not work for EA/Maxis, but I do have some hobby experience in modeling, rigging, and posing CG figures.

Unless the Sims 4 sims use the same rigging and rig labeling as the Sims 3 sims, then at the very least, the animations need to be cleaned up and adjusted for the new rig, something that can take almost as much time as making the animations in the first place - sometimes to the point where making them over from scratch is actually faster. At least, based on my experience applying different generations of poses to various Victoria or Genesis figures and talking to those who make poses professionally in the Daz Forums. And that's using Daz Studio where cross generation compatibility and posing is relatively easy.
  • DijktafoneDijktafone Posts: 775 Member

TS4 uses the martial arts animations from TS3 for their military career sparring.

Wait! You can spar if in the military?
    edited April 2020
    Dijktafone wrote: »

Wait! You can spar if in the military?

Yup, it's used for some of the work from home assignment activities for the military career.

Sims in the Military can use the Spar interaction, which lets them fight in a friendly way with another Sim. This raises fitness and builds relationship between the participants. They also gradually gain access to the 'Order Around' menu which can be used on other Military Sims. You may instruct them to spar one another, among other activities.

- From Carl's Sim 4 Guide

• simlicious2015simlicious2015 Posts: 373 Member
    Id really want to see an amusement park pack! Like six flags and Disney world 🗺
  • Satell8iteSatell8ite Posts: 36 Member
    > @SinaMegapolis said:
    > Here's what I know:
    >
    > Definitive hints* Code found in-game related to horses
    >
    >

EA calling Sims 4 Pets as "Cats & Dogs" is a definitive hint as well that they have plans to make a Farming EP.

> @alexspoom13 said:
    > I wonder if the chickens in Sulani were a hint to farming.

Interesting. This one's another definitive hint for sure. I remember in Sims 3 there were doves in Late Night before Pets 3 was released.
  • CemirrorCemirror Posts: 61 Member
    One thing to recall is the new psychology degree that came with University. That seems like the sort of degree that would be added with a specific career in mind. I'm a little suspicious that we're going to get a relationships pack with a counselor career. This might include a chemistry overhaul, wedding expansions, and an adjustment to the emotions system that would require going to a therapist to help get rid of certain moods. I think this sort of pack would speak to a LOT of the things players have been wanting for quite some time. I'm sure this pack would have a super bizarre name like SIMS 4: BE RELATED.
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    I think I read this year about some sort of free big bug patch. Maybe they'll unlock babies a bit more, maybe give them three or four costumes. I mean, I'm not saying I want to play as a baby, but when you can interact more with pet kittens it's getting ridiculous.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • SinaMegapolisSinaMegapolis Posts: 244 Member
    Cemirror wrote: »
    One thing to recall is the new psychology degree that came with University. That seems like the sort of degree that would be added with a specific career in mind. I'm a little suspicious that we're going to get a relationship pack with a counselor career. This might include a chemistry overhaul, wedding expansions, and an adjustment to the emotions system that would require going to a therapist to help get rid of certain moods. I think this sort of pack would speak to a LOT of the things players have been wanting for quite some time. I'm sure this pack would have a super bizarre name like SIMS 4: BE RELATED.

Well, they technically did a romance pack with Hot date...
    Unless it's the expansion pack? 👀👀👀