March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

SweetieWright's Save File

Comments

• CazualKarmaCazualKarma Posts: 85 Member
    I finally updated my save files for Realm of Magic. I fixed a few things in the other worlds, mostly cosmetic stuff and a few Sims' careers and skills that I missed the first time around. I rebuilt all lots in Glimmerbrook and made four new households for it as well. If anyone is interested that is 113 Households, 372 Sims (including pets), and 181 Lots. I also rebuilt Magic HQ in the Magic Realm. The Maxis Sages are still in the save file because I wasn't sure if it would mess with the game or not if I removed them. Below are pictures of the map view of Glimmerbrook and the residents.

Here are the links to v.2 of my save files:
    Populated
    Non-Populated
    U1oisJM.png
    zGib8Mq.png
    AXAnL82.png
    k0SddFs.png
    zVU16O8.png

If you've downloaded the first version of either save file, you will need to replace it with the new one because they're the same slot numbers. I mainly focused on Realm of Magic in this version but I had been fixing things as I went along in the other worlds. If you don't have RoM, you don't really need the new version unless you want the fixes I mentioned at the beginning of this post.

Thanks to all who have downloaded either save file, and for all of the encouragement you've given me. As always, if you download either saves, let me know what you think, tell me who you're playing, share pictures. Tell me all about it...good, bad, and indifferent. :)

Yay! I have a very busy week but hopefully I can try out your new save file very soon! (sunday maybe but hopefully a bit earlier)
  • SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,120 Member
    No, rush. It'll be there when you have time :).
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • Greenb70Greenb70 Posts: 1,871 Member
    Played around a bit still tying to decide on a family/story line to stick with,there are so many great ones to choose from.You have done a great job on the households and backgrounds.So far the few families lives I have invaded I know who they are and what they wish to accomplish.It's a great save for people like myself who just don't have the time to flesh out a world and get bored when trying to accomplish things.
    Greenb70 wrote: »
    Played around a bit still tying to decide on a family/story line to stick with,there are so many great ones to choose from.You have done a great job on the households and backgrounds.So far the few families lives I have invaded I know who they are and what they wish to accomplish.It's a great save for people like myself who just don't have the time to flesh out a world and get bored when trying to accomplish things.

Trying to decide which household I play first has been my biggest issue, and it's my save file....lol. I have played the the Williams (Emerson and his Mistress), that was pretty fun and sort out of my normal gameplay. I also love the Edmonds family in Willow Creek. They're more on the mild side though. I also played everyone in Sulani as well. I didn't get too far, not from boredom but I wanted to play all the households. I may end up rotating between all 113 households...lol.

Which ones have you played?
  • Greenb70Greenb70 Posts: 1,871 Member
    I started out with the Emerson and his mistress saga,she still is clueless and his wife is expecting.I then popped into a few families but decided I wasn't quite ready for kid drama at the moment so I then went into the Hughes household and I am currently trying to balance their respective aspirations for witch and vampire.
    Greenb70 wrote: »
    I started out with the Emerson and his mistress saga,she still is clueless and his wife is expecting.I then popped into a few families but decided I wasn't quite ready for kid drama at the moment so I then went into the Hughes household and I am currently trying to balance their respective aspirations for witch and vampire.

I'm still trying to decide who I want to play. I'm thinking since I haven't done too much with RoM I may play with that a bit.

I'm glad you're enjoying the save file. I can't wait to see what happens next. Keep me updated?
    Update: I rebuilt the Get to Work lots (the Hospital, Police Station, and Science Lab). If I add them to the save file, it will make time progress even farther than it already has. The lots are on my Gallery though, my ID is in the signature. As of this post they're the most recently added ones.
    Just popping in for a little update. With the upcoming release of Discover University, I'll be updating the save files, as I usually do with new packs. In preparation for DU, I have a couple households planned already, and have built the shells for all of the lots (except the dorms). I still need to floor plan, decorate, and landscape. When it's finished, I'll add the links to the new version.
  • PurpleStarBoyPurpleStarBoy Posts: 14 New Member
    > @SweetieWright_84 said:
    > Just popping in for a little update. With the upcoming release of Discover University, I'll be updating the save files, as I usually do with new packs. In preparation for DU, I have a couple households planned already, and have built the shells for all of the lots (except the dorms). I still need to floor plan, decorate, and landscape. When it's finished, I'll add the links to the new version.

Thanks so much, SweetieWright. I just downloaded your saves. Wait for your update.
    Thank you, @PurpleStarBoy :). I hope to have the updated version up soon; not sure when though.
  • WombleWomble Posts: 62 Member
    i really like how you make houses with theme, especially willow creek, love it!
    Womble wrote: »
    i really like how you make houses with theme, especially willow creek, love it!

Thank you! I like for the houses in a neighborhood (or world) to have a similar architectural style. I don't want them all cookie cutter but I want them to be somewhat cohesive.
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Thank you! I like for the houses in a neighborhood (or world) to have a similar architectural style. I don't want them all cookie cutter but I want them to be somewhat cohesive.

I have downloaded several save files from other simmers. I like your save file. It is the best I played, especially the cohesive architectural design of the houses. 😍😍
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Thank you! I like for the houses in a neighborhood (or world) to have a similar architectural style. I don't want them all cookie cutter but I want them to be somewhat cohesive.

I have downloaded several save files from other simmers. I like your save file. It is the best I played, especially the cohesive architectural design of the houses. 😍😍

That's so nice of you to say. Thank you! :). I've had so much fun working on these. It's been a lot of work but so rewarding.
    Hello Everyone! I finally finished updating my save files for Discover University. I rebuilt every lot in Britechester (including the dorms), and made all new sims.

I do want to point out I did just copy and paste the dorms because it made more sense to me than to rebuild them. Also, all of the sims in Unversity housing have very little backstory. I thought you could develop whatever story you want with them, kind of the whole discovering themselves thing a lot of people do during their college years.

Along with updating for DU, I fixed a few things I missed since the last update in the other worlds.

You can get the Populated Version here
    And the No Sims Version here

As usual, the picture of Britechester and a couple households are in the spoiler
    BcfrEWa.png
    m2UeyaL.png
    qy2ICth.png
    > Hello Everyone! I finally finished updating my save files for Discover University. I rebuilt every lot in Britechester (including the dorms), and made all new sims.
    >
    > I do want to point out I did just copy and paste the dorms because it made more sense to me than to rebuild them. Also, all of the sims in Unversity housing have very little backstory. I thought you could develop whatever story you want with them, kind of the whole discovering themselves thing a lot of people do during their college years.
    >
    > Along with updating for DU, I fixed a few things I missed since the last update in the other worlds.
    >
    > You can get the Populated Version here
    > And the No Sims Version here
    >
    > As usual, the picture of Britechester and a couple households are in the spoiler(Spoiler)

I have been waiting for your update.... I like it so much..... You are amazing!!!
    I have been waiting for your update.... I like it so much..... You are amazing!!!

Thanks, and enjoy!
    Hello everyone, just a small thread update.

I have decided that future updates of the save files will be on the first page of this post. I will put links to the newest two versions of both the populated and non-populated versions (for example, both versions of Realm of Magic and both versions of Discover University. currently). I will also add world photos to the second comment. I thought by doing this it's easier for everyone to find instead of scrolling through pages of comments as more updates are added.

I have already edit/updated the first page for the newest versions and the pictures.
    Hello everyone, I hope everyone is well. I'm just popping in with a small save file update and a few questions.

I'm working on fixing some small issues with the lots in both saves. I'm mostly working on things I've missed all the other times I've done this. I'm not sure if I'll upload the updated files before or after a new pack comes out, still deciding on that. Also, waiting to see if it includes a new world.

Now for my questions:
    Do you want the updated save files before the next pack or are you fine with waiting?
    Would anyone be interested in pack-specific save files from me?
    If so, would you want the EA/Maxis premades and stuff packs included?
  • HarroldHarrold Posts: 1 New Member
    Is there any chance that you could provide an aternative download link? simfileshare has been down for a while (at least for me) and i really want to play with your save. Thanks.
  • TakissisTakissis Posts: 521 Member
    edited April 2020
    Now for my questions:
    Do you want the updated save files before the next pack or are you fine with waiting?

I'm good either way, depending on how long it is until the new pack.
    Would anyone be interested in pack-specific save files from me?
    If so, would you want the EA/Maxis premades and stuff packs included?

I'm not sure really. I've never played someone else's premade save. I might load it, decide I don't like it and move back on to something else. Though, I'm always for using everything in my arsenal (which is partly why I have problems doing just basegame houses though. I always end up with like 1 item from every pack). So essentially, for me at least, pack-specific wouldn't much interest me. I'd want everything available.
    Harrold wrote: »
    Is there any chance that you could provide an aternative download link? simfileshare has been down for a while (at least for me) and i really want to play with your save. Thanks.

I'm sorry, I don't have another alternative. SimsFileShare is down because they're working on the website. Hopefully, it will be up and running soon. If it doesn't get fixed soon, I may check in to other alternatives.

@Takissis, thanks for your input. I agree, I also use everything that is available to me when building in this game.

As far as releasing an updated version, I will probably do it with or without a pack, once I get it done. Right now, I'm waiting on SimsFileShare to get sorted.
  • _Vdlindi__Vdlindi_ Posts: 1 New Member
    Hello Sweetie_Wright, did you use all packs for ur save file?

Already downloaded it and enjoying it so far, just gotta redress some named sims but thats ok.

Hope your staying safe!
    Love from Germany
    _Vdlindi_ wrote: »
    Hello Sweetie_Wright, did you use all packs for ur save file?

Already downloaded it and enjoying it so far, just gotta redress some named sims but thats ok.

Hope your staying safe!
    Love from Germany

Yeah, I used all packs released to this point except Moschino and Tiny Living.

Glad you're enjoying it so far. If you find anything that needs fixed, please let me know. I've gone through it with a fine-toothed comb but sometimes I miss things.

Hope you're staying healthy and safe as well!
  • peppapig1993peppapig1993 Posts: 243 Member
    @SweetieWright_84 just want to say thank you so much for creating these save files! I downloaded your Non Populated version last week as I wanted to add in my own families as my own personal 'base' save for new games, and the work that has gone into it is brilliant!

I've tried other people's save files and while all of them are good, this is my favourite one so far :smile:
    Origin ID: zobosims

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top