Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

April Patch Speculation 2020 (Available Now April 7th)

124...Next

Comments

• PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    MissyHissy wrote: »
    But yeah, awful small patch, it disappoints me :( I would love to have a huge patch with tons of bug fixes....but it is most likely too much work for them.

Wasn't there a big one with a LOT of fixes before Christmas? This one, I believe.
    So not "too much work for them", as you so politely put it. Bug fixes aren't quite that straightforward; these will be bugs that were easier to fix without breaking some major and important in the process. Some of these were bugs people noticed some time ago; so it stands to reason they've been fixed if they've finally got a stage where they are fit for release, as it were. Other things, like beach weddings for example, were probably easier to do while the team is working from home. I don't know how simple or difficult it is for bigger issues to be solved with the team working from home. I would imagine though that's quite tricky.

So I don't think it's fair to say it's too much work for them when they have released huge patches before with a lot of fixes. This is a difficult time for everybody right now and I can only imagine how complicated it can be to do this kind of job from home. I think it's great we got a patch while the team's working from home.

This. This this this. We have no idea what's been pushed back because of this whole issue.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    83bienchen wrote: »
    That Get Famous acting career travel error is only just being fixed?! Unbelievable. That issue is what me stop playing over a year ago. I thought it would have already been fixed forever ago. It's ridiculous how long it takes them to fix bugs.

It has definately not been a year. It was first reported to answer HQ in December 2019 and as far as I remember came with the last patch that had been released before that date.
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/FIXED-GF-Actor-Prep-Tasks-reset-on-traveling/td-p/8533570
    It sometimes takes the team really long to fix bugs, but in this case, there weren't too many patches released since the bug first occured.

I'm so glad the fixed the bug with whims not fulfilling. Gonna test out now which of the whims are still broken despite it - hopefully I can now reenable most of my whimoverhaul whims.

Sorry for those using self made or downloaded pictures to decorate their homes. While I personally hardly used them, one could clearly see they were a great source of creativity in the gallery and widely used. It's a shame the team put their time and effort into fixing something that hardly anyone considered a bug at all. I suppose there were some pieces of fanmade art violating copyright or including inappropriate content, so I do get why they've taken this step.

• x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    I've encountered an issue where most of the packs are uninstalled after I updated the game. I have a lot of packs & now, it's going to take forever for all the packs to be downloaded. I seriously hope that it's not going to affect my saved game. I have tweeted @SimGuruNick about this. :s
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • skinoskino Posts: 2 New Member
    You all saw the hint on the new patch, right? Those award lights... They all seen to link to previous expansion packs except one that says 'you travelled to the future and all you got was this lani award'. I don't want that to be the next expansion pack!
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    skino wrote: »
    You all saw the hint on the new patch, right? Those award lights... They all seen to link to previous expansion packs except one that says 'you travelled to the future and all you got was this lani award'. I don't want that to be the next expansion pack!

Yeaahhh, that isn't new or unexpecting..TS3 into the future...so yeah!
    xamira99 wrote: »
    I've encountered an issue where most of the packs are uninstalled after I updated the game. I have a lot of packs & now, it's going to take forever for all the packs to be downloaded. I seriously hope that it's not going to affect my saved game. I have tweeted @SimGuruNick about this. :s

You'd probably be better off notifying him on Twitter.
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    xamira99 wrote: »

You'd probably be better off notifying him on Twitter.

Yep, done, but no reply yet.
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • lindaatjuhlindaatjuh Posts: 52 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    lindaatjuh wrote: »
    And finally make NPC's appear at foodstalls!!
    It's not an issue with the existing foodstalls, but if you build a (public) lot en place a foodstall, there will be no vendor unless you hire one... seems odd.

Same goes for bars at swimmingpools. Feels weird to have to make your own drink at a public pool. (Maybe add vendingmachines)

It works a little bit better if you designate the lot as a bar. Sims will sit on the side of the pool and chat and swim occasionally. And I agree about the NPCs. You shouldn't have to hire them if the lot is not owned. They should just show up like other lot employees.

Yeah I did change the lot settings to being a bar, but I don't like for sims to walk around in their clothes in the pool. So now I changed it back to swimmingpool and removed the bar. Just hoping for the next patch, or the next, or the next....
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,176 Member
    edited April 2020
    @kwanzaabot

About recording, SWTOR 6.2 June Update is postponed for an unspecified duration as a result of the recording studios being closed down for the moment.

It seems sometimes this task can't be done at home.
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,553 Member
    Have they told us already when the last vote for the knitting stuffpack will be? I can't remember.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
    edited April 2020
    Deleted
  • cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    83bienchen wrote: »
    Have they told us already when the last vote for the knitting stuffpack will be? I can't remember.

late april
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    I expect nothing which is pretty much all we got this year.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    We'll get bigger patches when they're more used to working from home.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,553 Member
    Thank you, @cheescaeks. In that case, they might not announce anything new until after the results for the last vote. But I hope they will, maybe next week if they don't prolong the sales again.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    @kwanzaabot

About recording, SWTOR 6.2 June Update is postponed for an unspecified duration as a result of the recording studios being closed down for the moment.

It seems sometimes this task can't be done at home.

....and yet we have a 6 month roadmap?

Funny how EA can't record audio but somehow they're still managing to bring out 3 packs in the next 6 months.

Two plausible explanations:

1. Maybe it's got more to do with SWTOR not having the budget to book the studio time. They're a Bioware game, and an MMO besides, and it's also nearly 10 years old, so I'd be very surprised if EA has much faith in them. The Sims, being newer and more profitable, is going to get more attention by EA to allow them to do what they need to do.
    2. SWTOR is developed by teams in Edmonton and Austin--and likely maintained by a skeleton crew at this point while Bioware proper works on their flagship titles. The Sims team is at EA HQ, in Redwood Shores, within spitting distance of San Francisco. SWOTOR and The Sims are not going to be using the same recording studios. Like, at all. Texas, Alberta and California are extremely far away from each other.
    wJbomAo.png
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,176 Member
    edited May 2020
    Good news, April Patch fixed Teen Neighborhood lot trait !
    Post edited by LeGardePourpre on