Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I hope that one of the things that is subject to change is the name "Plopsy"

I'm not trying to be funny, but Plopsy is a terrible name. It sounds like the parody name of a website, like Regretsy is to Etsy, or Goop is to Gwyneth Paltrow. Like, the name is aurally unappealing. Isn't there something that sounds less like the nickname a manager of the office would give to an intern that he thought was in love with his girlfriend in the final season of the show, if you know what I mean? (I don't).

But please, I beg of you, please change the name. Popsy. Flopsy. Topsy. Mopsy. Opsy. Bopsy. Cropsy. Fopsy. Hopsy. Glopsy. Zopsy. Yopsy. I don't know, but all of those suggestions I came up with were way better than Plopsy. I feel like Plopsy is an April Fool Joke. I feel like Plopsy was chosen by a 5-year old. It is the kind of word that makes my skin crawl because I don't like it. I think it's because it sounds like plop. I hate that word. Is there any way it could be altered to something more appropriate?
I don't remember how to change my signature.

Comments

• simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,701 Member
    I like it.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 lol. Yea the name is a bit....
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • ValeahValeah Posts: 98 Member
    The idea of an online marketplace is good. But the name..? I dunno.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,351 Member
    edited April 2020
    I'm not trying to be funny, but Plopsy is a terrible name. It sounds like the parody name of a website, like Regretsy is to Etsy, or Goop is to Gwyneth Paltrow. Like, the name is aurally unappealing. Isn't there something that sounds less like the nickname a manager of the office would give to an intern that he thought was in love with his girlfriend in the final season of the show, if you know what I mean? (I don't).

But please, I beg of you, please change the name. Popsy. Flopsy. Topsy. Mopsy. Opsy. Bopsy. Cropsy. Fopsy. Hopsy. Glopsy. Zopsy. Yopsy. I don't know, but all of those suggestions I came up with were way better than Plopsy. I feel like Plopsy is an April Fool Joke. I feel like Plopsy was chosen by a 5-year old. It is the kind of word that makes my skin crawl because I don't like it. I think it's because it sounds like plop. I hate that word. Is there any way it could be altered to something more appropriate?

Considering the pandemic means that the guru's are working from home... that it was chosen by a 5 year old isn't impossible...

I almost agree with the word being... off for what's essentially supposed to be the Sim's version of Etsy, but really Etsy has always struck me as a bit of a weird word too, so I'm not sure how it isn't "appropriate." It's just a term you don't like, and you're probably far from alone. I'm not fond of it, but I don't have your level of "nope" reaction, and I think it will probably grow on me.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    Flopsy actually sounds more like a parody website, as in this is where you sell your flops, but it also seems more appropriate with the bunny logo. I like that we'll be able to sell paintings and woodcrafts on it too.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    edited April 2020
    Plopsy bothers me too. It sounds childish and reminds me of that episode of Blackadder with characters called Ploppy! I love Blackadder. I don't love Plopsy.
    Post edited by Mariefoxprice83 on
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    Lol I think it’s funny to say 😆
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited April 2020
    Plopsy sounds kinda weird and I hope they‘ll change the logo to look more like a freezer bunny
    image03-plopsy-v2.png.adapt.crop16x9.320w.png
    original-1516993627-779629b9e56c6638bf5cda875c867d2b.png?v=3&d=eyJvbmx5X21ldGEiOiBmYWxzZSwgImZvcmNlIjogZmFsc2UsICJvcHMiOiBbWyJ0cmltIiwgW2ZhbHNlLCBmYWxzZV0sIHt9XSwgWyJyZXNpemUiLCBbXSwgeyJ3aWR0aCI6IDk5Ni4wLCAiYWxsb3dfdXAiOiBmYWxzZSwgImhlaWdodCI6IDk5Ni4wfV0sIFsiY2FudmFzX2NlbnRlcmVkIiwgWzEyMDAsIDEyMDBdLCB7ImJhY2tncm91bmQiOiAiZmZmZmZmIn1dLCBbInJlc2l6ZSIsIFs4MDBdLCB7fV0sIFsiY2FudmFzX2NlbnRlcmVkIiwgWzgwMCwgODAwLCAiI2ZmZmZmZiJdLCB7fV0sIFsiZW5jb2RlIiwgWyJqcGciLCA4NV0sIHt9XV19
    220?cb=20140926180541
    a256aFi.gif
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    I don't care about the name of that store, it will only occur in the menu of my sim's phone, I suppose. I just want the pack, Plopsy or Slopsy or whatever.

Besides, I guess most of the goods found on sale there will be kinda funny, not perfect, or weird color choices or whatever. Assuming that my knitters will keep those perfect works for gifting their own family and friends :)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • lindaatjuhlindaatjuh Posts: 52 Member
    I'm not bothered by the name.
    Flopsy, Opsy or Cropsy would sound weird to me though. But still I couldn't be bothered.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    Nice idea but dreadfully poor name and logo. Entirelly too childish, does nothing to even hint at the purpose, and plain old just feels wrong/bad. Even Simarket (blending of sim & market) would be better, and that's just a quick off the top name.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    edited April 2020
    Plopsy is not so bad. I'd have probably gone with Smitsy or something like that though.

Edit: ah, I see there actually is something called Smitsy lol. Never knew that. I guess they have their choices narrowed down by not being able to use a real name.
  • mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    It's just a name is it really that serious
  • NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    To me as a simmer the name made sense. Plop down a room, lot, household is such a common thing to say that it just seemed natural to me that our Sims would plop down their arts & crafts for sale on Plopsy. I will admit that it sounds a bit silly but I don't see how it is sillier than Google or Yahoo for example.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,334 Member
    Cringy name that however makes sense in-universe: It's a new platform that tries hard to be hip.

I'll need to check who is my highest career level Start Up Entrepreneur in my rotational save. That's the one who's to blame for the name, because that sim set up the whole mess (and I'm pretty sure it really is the lady with the six year old son...)
  • MissyHissyMissyHissy Posts: 2,022 Member
    I like it. It's not too serious, fits the aesthetic of the game perfectly <3
    *All my mods can be found on The Daily Plumbob*MiAqoAE.png
  • MelmackMelmack Posts: 212 Member
    I have no idea what this is refering to, but 'plopsy' sounds like a toddlers word for poop.
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    Plopsy is likely something I'll never touch, so I couldn't care less about the name.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    Melmack wrote: »
    I have no idea what this is refering to, but 'plopsy' sounds like a toddlers word for poop.

That is exactly my issue, and that makes me cringe.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member

For goodness sake. Plopsy is going to be the Etsy of the Sims universe and is coming with the knitting pack. It has nothing to do with poop.
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    So could anyone please explain what are you talking about. I am so confused.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • MelmackMelmack Posts: 212 Member

For goodness sake. Plopsy is going to be the Etsy of the Sims universe and is coming with the knitting pack. It has nothing to do with poop.

Mmmkay... Well that's what it sounds like to me. is that alright?
  • popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    To me as a simmer the name made sense. Plop down a room, lot, household is such a common thing to say that it just seemed natural to me that our Sims would plop down their arts & crafts for sale on Plopsy. I will admit that it sounds a bit silly but I don't see how it is sillier than Google or Yahoo for example.

Haha, totally agree! That’s how I read it. Also agree that Google, Yahoo, Quibi, Wurk, Cazoo, Hastee, Pluto!, Suplari, all sound pretty silly too. To me Plopsy sounds just as much a play on Etsy as it is a lighthearted jab at how silly lots of modern tech business names sound. ☺️

I think Plopsy is so funny. But it sounds like it’s the “moist” of word aversion for some folks!
  • MissyHissyMissyHissy Posts: 2,022 Member
    So could anyone please explain what are you talking about. I am so confused.

Plopsy is going to be the Sims equivalent of Etsy with the new Stuff Pack. Sims will be able to buy and sell their crafts (painting, woodwork, knitting) online using the platform. :)
    *All my mods can be found on The Daily Plumbob*MiAqoAE.png
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    I think they're trying to make it sounds similar to plumbob, hence it's called plopsy? Though I don't mind the name, I don't like the idea of the meaning of the plop itself. Like something dripping & keep on falling. I sincerely hope that the pack is not going to flop/plop.
    OID:- x4m1r4