Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Behind the scenes of Knitting pack (Plopsy sounds cool!)

"Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
Origin ID: simaddict1990

Comments

• EA_MaiEA_Mai Posts: 1,800 EA Staff (retired)
    edited April 2020
    Hey! Heads up that I merged your two posts...

Now to the interesting part: what did you like most from the sneak peek? :)
  • aelias24aelias24 Posts: 220 Member
    This sneak peak is very exciting, but can someone at EA please give the players a way to create our own styled looks.
    Real Life Is Never As Interesting As the SimswIiJK39.jpg
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,777 Member
    I never would of think that I write these words anywhere, ever, lol, but here it goes:
    I think I love Plopsy! :D
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member

EA_Mai wrote: »
    Hey! Heads up that I merged your two posts...

Now to the interesting part: what did you like most from the sneak peek? :)

Everything related to the rocking chair 😅😅 but overall as a happy haunts fan I'm super impressed with how this pack turned out, and the work the team is putting into it! They even listened and added knitted socks I saw many people asking for. Thanks for the insight! I can't wait for it to be released! 🥰🥰
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    Everything sounds cool! i really look forward to this.

My only worry atm (that I will be able to ignore) is that my sim will find goods for sale on Popsy that is crafted by random sims from my game. I mean, it would not be very cool if someone finds that Duchess Claudine de Cavalier sells socks on Plopsy... :open_mouth: Or Judith Ward, for that matter. Hopefully those random crafters will at least have a minimum level of knitting skills :)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • kw4222kw4222 Posts: 16 Member
    Really excited about this blog post, and thankful to have some details about the new stuff pack! Based on this post, I think there's going to be lots of value in it!
  • popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    This is really cool! Totally enjoying these behind-the-scenes features. 🥰

Plopsy sounds awesome (and fun to say!) Glad to hear it will be open to all kinds of craftables. I’ll admit I wasn’t super excited about a knitting pack, but now I’m excited. It sounds like it’s going to be stuffed with all kinds of neat features!
  • Mr_MuffinTopMr_MuffinTop Posts: 131 Member
    I am honestly surprised that they are actually trying to put "content" that isn't just 1 new item into a stuff pack. Of course I understand it is planned and NOT certain to be in there, but I am still surprised.
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    I would say, the rocking chair is the selling point for me. :)
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Plopsy sounds amazing. Maybe this pack won't be as bad as I thought.
  • vincentvega8899vincentvega8899 Posts: 103 Member
    I’m excited for it for sure. I thank the team for always listening. This sounds to me like more involvement, which I personally was hoping for and hope seeing more of. It’s NEW and sounds like a great deal of time was put into it. A lot of refiguring 😬. I really do want to thank you guys for your work as a team. (If a guru would arrive on this post) I know I’m only one voice but a loyal customer. So, I must give props to you all for not breaking under stress. With the community with much opinions, and keeping things afloat with everything going on in the world. On that note I must make a request..... (takes deep breath) first I want

Sorry couldn’t resist. Lol
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    I have to say, I really don't see why they needed an all new way to sell stuff. I mean, maybe that could have been something free to tie into the pack, but I really don't think it should be taking up content here. I just hope this "plopsy" stuff isn't at the expense of other content, such as getting knitting for kids. They still haven't addressed that yet and it's making me nervous. I also hope elders get more unique stuff in this pack. The reminisce thing is a nice start, but I'd like to see more for them, such as elders being able to knit more high quality stuff, or just being able to knit more things in general.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    I have to say, I really don't see why they needed an all new way to sell stuff. I mean, maybe that could have been something free to tie into the pack, but I really don't think it should be taking up content here. I just hope this "plopsy" stuff isn't at the expense of other content, such as getting knitting for kids. They still haven't addressed that yet and it's making me nervous. I also hope elders get more unique stuff in this pack. The reminisce thing is a nice start, but I'd like to see more for them, such as elders being able to knit more high quality stuff, or just being able to knit more things in general.

Elders often don't knit anymore because of poor eyesight and shaky hands.
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    I'm excited to see how this turns out :D Thank you for all the insights @SimGuruConor! It looks like it will be a nicely rounded pack.

And @ListentoToppDogg, Conor did address kids knitting in a previous post here on the forum, it's absolutely the plan to have children be able to learn knitting too.
    I wonder if the lack of Elder-specific content is due to the multitude of "please don't make this an Elders-only pack" I've seen around here.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    I'm excited to see how this turns out :D Thank you for all the insights @SimGuruConor! It looks like it will be a nicely rounded pack.

And @ListentoToppDogg, Conor did address kids knitting in a previous post here on the forum, it's absolutely the plan to have children be able to learn knitting too.
    I wonder if the lack of Elder-specific content is due to the multitude of "please don't make this an Elders-only pack" I've seen around here.

Probably, yes. :( I would like to see some elder-specific content. Some of the older members of my family did seem to follow the stereotypes when I knew them, though perhaps that is simply because I knew them from childhood and didn't know what they were like in their youth. Even my parents, who would be classed as elders now actually follow a few of the stereotypes I remember from their parents' generation. I don't think there is anything essentially wrong with playing sims who follow some of the stereotypes, if that is our personal experience, though I certainly try not to only do that. Ultimately I think all sims from child upwards should be able to learn to knit because I am definitely not going to give the skill only to elders.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    edited April 2020
    On a slightly off-topic side note, I read an article recently about how sewing is portrayed in fantasy fiction and it got me thinking about creative crafts as hobbies for the characters in the book I'm writing. I tried to make it interesting by assigning hobbies to characters you wouldn't necessarily expect to enjoy that activity. My hero's parents are both into knitting. They are older characters, but both are army officers, and the mother is a famous general who wanted something calming to do whilst on campaign. ;)
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,404 Member
    I like Plopsy, curious about what all the rocking chair does. The post in general was great but those are what I'm most excited about.
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • ManakoHimeManakoHime Posts: 285 Member
    Plopsy, too stinking cute! I will be saying that name in every way I can :D
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member

@darrenfroggy Oh, I hadn't heard. Well that's good to know. Thank you for the information.
  • sadie_lalalasadie_lalala Posts: 21 Member
    I love that there are also things for those who aren't necessarily into knitting. I am especially excited about the Plopsy feature. :D
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    oh, would be so cool if they included knitted-looking swatches to existing clothes from teh base game. hehe Maybe the grandkid saw this cool clothing piece on a magazine, but couldn't afford it, then they showed to their grandmother/grandfather and they knitted one to make them happy! <3
  • ThePinkBookGirlThePinkBookGirl Posts: 437 Member
    I am so excited for this pack. I was excited for anything related to fiber arts to be in the game, but I LOVE the addition of Plopsy as a new way to make money. And the fact that you can buy already made knitted items on there is fantastic for the Sims I have that are not crafty. That was a completely unexpected, but delightful addition. Stuff packs can be a hit or miss with me and I usually hold off on getting them, but this is one I think I will get day of release or at least soon after.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    rocking chair
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • GraniteFallsLover123GraniteFallsLover123 Posts: 26 Member
    A new elder interaction sounds good.