Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Straud Legacy-Bachelor Challenge Casting Thread Gen 4 *CLOSED* (Bachelorette: Nemesis Straud)

MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
I am playing a legacy challenge with Vlad as my founder. The current bachelorette is Nemesis Straud, the gen 4 heiress, who is Vlad's great granddaughter.

Following @Queenarella who invented the amazing Legacy-Bachelor Challenge and who kindly gave me her blessing to copy her idea, each spouse in this legacy is chosen via a bachelor/ette challenge.

I will be blogging the bachelorette challenge and the legacy part of the challenge.

Chapters will be posted in the straud legacy-bachelor challenge thread

Bachelorette: Nemesis (Nemmie) Straud
MjJD9yE.png?1
Traits: Evil, maker, squeamish
Aspiration: Inner peace (which she's pretty much completed already)
Life state: mermaid (subject to change as I may decide to make her a spellcaster in future like her mother)
Future career: Military.
Favourite colours: Black, purple.
Music genres: Likes METAL, strange tunes, electronica.
Activities: Likes mischief, fitness

I usually only take up to 8 entrants but this time will probably take a few more depending on how many people are interested in entering and how many contestants I feel like I can handle.

Rules for Entrants:
- Entrants must be YA (at the beginning of YA)
- This time, entrants can be any gender (I feel like Nemmie is bi)
- Can be any life state
- Must not contain CC
- I have all of the packs except the industrial loft kit, which doesn't contain any CAS anyway. So feel free to use CAS from any packs.
- Should have no skills or reward traits
- Must not already have a career
- One new rule for aspirations: This time, I am asking that entrants please do not have any of the aspirations in the 'popularity' aspiration category or in the 'love' aspiration category (so you can't choose friend of the world, party animal, good vampire, world-famous celebrity, leader of the pack, joke star, serial romantic, or soulmate). This is because sims with those aspiration get a boost to how quickly they gain friendly or romance relationship points which would give them an advantage over other contestants. This is a new rule for this generation which I am trying out this time, I may or may not decide to keep it for future generations.

I'm playing with scoring so it'd be awesome if the sim you submit doesn't share any traits with a previous spouse. But this isn't compulsory.

Traits that previous spouses have had:
Erratic
Outgoing
Creative
Loves outdoors
Good
Vegetarian
Neat
Genius
Family oriented

Also for scoring purposes, I would appreciate it if your sim's chosen dream career is not the same as any of the careers I have already reached the top of or which I'm currently working on.

Careers which I have already reached the top of or am already working on reaching the top of:
Actor
Painter
Civil designer
Writer
Entertainer
Tech guru
Criminal
Education
Conservationist
Culinary
Engineer
Scientist
Politician
Gardener
Athlete
Social Media
Doctor
Business
Secret Agent
Astronaut
Military
Style influencer

Please choose a career with levels - so not freelancer or owning a shop/restaurant/vets. And bear in mind that if you choose the detective career I will give your sim a different career as you have to actively play your sim at work in order to be promoted in the detective career and I don't have time for that right now.

Please don't pick the city native aspiration as I cannot complete that aspiration due to the legacy challenge's rules.

Usually, I say that I prefer contestants to have an aspiration which I have not already completed. But, I've completed all of the aspirations in the game now so you can give your sim any aspiration you want - except for a 'popularity' or 'love' aspiration, or the city native aspiration as already explained.

Entry form:
Picture of sim (optional)
Name:
Creator's gallery ID:
Traits:
Aspiration:
Home world:
Family:
How many children do you want?:
How would you feel about having a lot of children - say, I don't know, um... Ten (gee I wonder why I picked that weirdly specific number ;) )?
Do you want to get married?:
Hobbies/interests:
Likes/dislikes (from the options in CAS):
What do you look for/want to avoid in a partner:
Dream career:
How do you feel about mermaids, vampires, ghosts and spellcasters?:
Are you more good or evil? And how do you feel about evil sims?:
Bio (optional):

Candidates
1. Kris Lovell by @kkira555
2. Cerise Karnstein by @lilypadmeulin
3. Eden Valentine by @afai1261
4. Keanu Kahananui by @MonaSolstraale
5. Aspen Flood by @RL
6. Petal Ivy by @pammiechick
7. Gabriel Hoc by @Perti23
8. Clay Donaldson by @TwinkiesLA
9. Ashton Grinch by @TheYayToast
10. Hayden Oxford by @VanPelt81
11. Alyssa Whitmore by @Skeilah
12. Adam Farr by @SoulGal7

Tagging other people who expressed interest in entering/who have entered in the past: @Skeilah @TwinkiesLA @RL @MonaSolstraale @pammiechick @VanPelt81 @Queenarella @TheYayToast @Karababy52
Post edited by MaggieMarley on

Comments

• QueenarellaQueenarella Posts: 3,379 Member
    Awesome :love: Can I reserve a spot? :)
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    Also I need a bachelor mansion for this but I can't build to save my life. Having trouble finding what I want on the gallery. Does anyone know of a build which might suit? I will credit the original creator of course.
    Awesome :) I’ll create a girl tomorrow 😍

I have 2 mansions for this on my gallery if you want them ^^ ID is Queenarella
    @Queenarella awesome can't wait to see her! I found you on the gallery earlier today when I was looking for Cam and I saw your 'Love Mansion' which I LOVE but I thought you might not like me to use it since you use it for your bachelor/bachelorettes.
    Nah I really don’t mind it. If I didn’t want others to use it I wouldn’t upload it ^^

Ah! I haven’t uploaded Cam yet 🙈
    Nah I really don’t mind it. If I didn’t want others to use it I wouldn’t upload it ^^

Ah! I haven’t uploaded Cam yet 🙈
    If you're sure you don't mind then it would be amazing if I could use your Love Mansion. Ugh how are you such a good builder?

No worries! Also.... I'd love to have Tempy too, she's so pretty :)
  • afai1261afai1261 Posts: 2,030 Member
    Aww heck yeah! So I can enter a hot guy for Vlad right? Doesn't have to be a girl?
    maybe my sims will be luckier in this one than the other one lol

So can you please reserve me a spot and I'll whip someone up pronto :smiley:
    @MaggieMarley actually I just had the brilliant idea of entering my simself (lol do I hate myself or what). Might save my guys for a later generation ;)
    Just gotta update her outfits. Or maybe I will make a guy... oh, decisions, decisions!
  • DCJ504DCJ504 Posts: 116 Member
    edited April 2020
    So how do you feel about extra traits. I know you can cheat the skills away. I have a sim born in-game, so she has a few extra traits like happy toddler.

After I asked this question, I went back to the original post and saw that you do not want those.

Post edited by DCJ504 on
    edited April 2020
    Decided not to enter my simself, she can suffer some other day lol

ROLAND GOTHIER
    jUWGTiB.png
    Name: Roland Gothier
    Gallery ID: afai1261
    Home world: San Myshuno
    Family: I have a cousin named Mostyn, but he goes by Moss [yes, the same one I entered into @Queenarella 's legacy-bachelor ;) ]
    How many children you want: A few. Two at least
    Thoughts on marriage: I'm all for getting married, be it to a guy or a girl. I heard Moss entered one of these and walked away with a guy rather than the girl he was actually there to court... I want a partner in my life, after so long being lonely
    Hobbies/interests: I'm an artist like my cousin, though I'm a musician rather than a painter. I play the piano, guitar and violin [actually he doesn't because he doesn't have skills lol but I do see him as an instrument all-rounder]. Could never get the hang of painting. I also tend a small rooftop garden, mostly of wolfsbane and plasma fruit trees. Hmm, what else? I've never been a fan of chess or anything like that, no matter how much Moss tried to get me to play with him when we shared an apartment. Ew, that sounds more incestuous than I intended. Oh god is it weird to live with a cousin???? Oh, singing and songwriting too. I want to be famous for my music.
    What you like/dislike in a partner: I've never actually given any thought to that. Maybe just that they don't mind me jamming out on the guitar all the time. Plus I guess if they like my singing, which everyone I know says is horrible, then we'll be set for life! I try not to be too discerning in looking for a partner, and there's really nothing that I'd outright dislike in one. We've all got flaws, just gotta embrace them
    What career you would like: Musician

Bio: What is there to say about myself that hasn't already been said? I'm bi, play instruments, have wicked cool glowing blue eyes that I used to hide with sunglasses... but then I said eff it, if the world can't accept me for how I look then that's their problem, not mine.
    Oh, and... I've almost been married once before, way back in 18-something or other (yeah, I'm over 200 years old, deal with it) when I was engaged (well, technically arranged) to a girl but realised I liked her brother instead (though he did like me too). May or may not have been disowned by my family, because we were wealthy and they wanted us to marry into other wealthy families and PaSs On ThE fAmIlY nAmE and apparently I couldn't do that if I was with a man, nope. Of course, that girl was Lilith Vatore and her brother Caleb... oh boy. But he broke my heart. Or rather, my family broke my heart for him. I don't know if he still loves me, or if he even remembers me. Although, perhaps my love for Caleb was not the only reason I was disowned. He turned Moss and me into vampires. With consent, of course, I wanted to live forever and so did Moss. My parents found out and were royally ticked off, pruned us out of the family tree. So my cousin and I got out of there. Moss and I were among the first to settle in San Myshuno when it was newly built, and I've seen it grow from a township to a whole dang city. I'd forgotten about Caleb after all these years... I don't know what happened to my parents or aunt and uncle after we left. I just know that I've been lonely for far too long and Caleb's probably moved on too. I'm ready for a new man in my life.
    edited April 2020
    @DCJ504 Oh you can cheat the reward traits away? I didn't know that! Well in that case feel free to submit a sim with reward traits :)
    edited April 2020
    @afai1261 I love Roland! Thank you for submitting him :)

That bit about Caleb in his bio :'(

He's hot too (obviously)! Maybe if he wins his genes can overpower Vlad's.
    gICQ9tT.png

Just a note: I removed skills and extra traits except the ancient bloodline trait as that strikes me a legitimate trait because of her father. She was not born a spell caster, so it will not have an effect on her. If you want it removed feel free, or tell me and I will get rid of it. Please note she is labeled with #StraudLegacy.

Name: Morgan Shipp
    Gallery ID: DCJ504
    Home world: Born in Oasis Springs, moved to Willow Creek.
    Family: Mother - Summer Shipp, Father - Darrel Charm, and Sister - Abigail Shipp
    How many children you want: I want at least two that are close in age. I was a teen when my sister was born, and moved out shortly after that. I want my kids to be good friends
    Thoughts on marriage: My parents never bothered to get married, but I think that I want something a little more traditional. I like the idea of a celebration for the love that my partner and I will share.
    Hobbies/interests: I love to be around people. I haven't tried a lot of things, but I would like to learn new things. I'm pretty sure I will good at whatever I choose to do.
    What you like/dislike in a partner: My parents are my example of a good relationship. They were best friends and deeply in love. They both worked hard at the relationship and I want someone who will make that kind of effort. I do not want someone who will be over-protective or controlling
    What career you would like: I want to be a world-class comedian. That will let me be around people and have fun
    If you win, would you prefer to become a vampire or remain mortal? What a weird question. I had never really considered that, but if I have found my soulmate and have the opportunity to spend eternity with him, why wouldn't I? So, I guess the short answer is yes.
    Bio: It's funny, my mother was actually in one of these contests once. She didn't win, but that was probably for the best. She ended up having her own adventure and family. She found my father and they were very happy together. They were wonderful parents! Now it is my turn to take on the world and make my mark.
    @DCJ504 thank you so much for Morgan! She is a great sim and seems very sweet. Maybe that is what Vlad needs?

And thank for for going to the trouble of removing her skills and reward traits :) the only thing with the ancient bloodline trait is that I think it means her children will inherit some sort of bloodline trait and so if one of them becomes a spellcaster they will have a bit of an advantage although I didn't personally 'earn' the trait for them by having several generations of spellcasters myself. I'm going to try not to do anything 'cheaty' in this legacy (for once!) so if she does win I will probably remove the trait - I hope that is ok by you!
    That bit about Caleb in his bio :'(

look at them ahhhhhh :bawling:
    vsLWon9.png

wow look at me getting caught up in my own sims' backstories that I made up in 10 minutes on the spot
    and yes, I did start a whole new save file just to take one screenshot lol

Anyways hope he finds better love with Vlad after he and Caleb were so forcefully torn apart. Imagine if Caleb happened to knock on the door of the bachelor mansion one night...
    I really don't mind it :) I'm not that good at building, just patient. And I use a lot of inspiration looking at other builds, real builds and all that. The current legacy house is made up of 4 real houses :D It almost wrecked my brain to combine everything...

Do you mind Tempy being pregnant? If yes I'll upload her after her pregnancy ^^ She is in her first trimester tho...

I'm off to create a sim for you know :) Not sure yet if she will be supernatural...

@afai1261 So cool to see Moss' cousin :love: I saw the pic and was like "I bet they're brothers" :D

edited April 2020
    @afai1261 So cool to see Moss' cousin :love: I saw the pic and was like "I bet they're brothers" :D

They both look similar to their fathers and their fathers are identical twins haha. They're basically brothers anyway: in the extended backstory that I'm about to post they were raised as siblings in the same household

@MaggieMarley Here's an extended backstory for Roland. Honestly I could write an entire simlit now, I have so many ideas :D
    Also no reason at all for writing this other than... I wanted to lol
    Plus I wanted to give more context for Roland disliking Caleb
    So Grandpappy Gothier, Ambrose, is a rich guy. Don’t know what he did. Whatever it was, he got rich from it. His twin sons Enoch and Abraham each have one son: Enoch has Roland and Abraham has Mostyn. The cousins are basically raised as brothers, living in the same household because Ambrose can’t remember which of his twins is older and has the right to the inheritance. Small detail, right?

The inheritance is now due to go to Roland as he is older than Mostyn. This suits Moss just fine: he has no need for material goods. This also means Roland becomes part of an arranged marriage to receive his inheritance. Roland is betrothed to one Lilith Vatore, but soon falls for her brother Caleb and discovers one night that they both are vampires. Roland begs Caleb to turn him, but Caleb refuses at first. Eventually he does agree and turns Moss too, much to Moss' delight.

After carelessly meeting up one spring day with Caleb on the Gothier estate, the boys are caught by Enoch, who proceeds to immediately disown Roland and strip him of his inheritance. However, Roland’s homosexuality is not the only reason for this: Enoch has figured out that his once darling son is a vampire. An unholy creature of the night. Roland is quick to anger just like his father, and the emotional shock of being caught and disowned causes him to show his dark form for the very first time and bite into Enoch’s neck, making him fall unconscious. Mostyn then arrives, trying to find Caleb to ask why his eye colour changed from a light brown to a purple [just pretend that his mother or someone noticed and asked about it lol cause he can't see it in the mirror]. At seeing his father on the ground, Roland breaks down and is totally unable to shift back into his normal form due to the stress, leaving him with the bright glowy blue eyes that he still has to this day.

Caleb is horrified to see Roland attack Enoch like that, but can’t bring himself to stop seeing him in secret. Eventually, though, he discovers that he himself won’t receive that Vatore inheritance unless he marries the daughter of some other rich old guy. Some Inna Cents or whoever. He doesn’t know her and doesn’t want to know her, but with his materialistic a$$ the thought of having all that money makes him giddy. And Lilith, well, she did like Roland, but always knew she wasn’t into men... No, she likes Inna, who’s promised to Caleb. But, unlike the attraction between her brother and Roland, Inna doesn’t like her back and it’s all Lilith can do to not lament her love for the woman in yellow every single night. She leaves her childhood home at Caleb’s request. Mostyn and Roland leave to San Myshuno, and Caleb is left, unremorseful. Centuries later, he and Lilith meet up again and make up, moving to Forgotten Hollow together. Lilith doesn’t question Caleb about whether or not he and Inna did marry all those years ago, but she can tell that something is eating at him. She thinks it’s about the man she was once promised to, Roland. Unless Caleb has forgotten the black-haired blue-eyed pretty boy. She doesn’t pry. It’s not in her nature to do that.

Roland forgets all about Caleb and resides with his cousin Moss in San Myshuno as one of its first residents. He sees the city grow and thrive over the years, and become a hub of cultures. He’s happy. Mostyn signs up for something called a Bachelorette challenge. He leaves San Myshuno to try and win the heart of a green woman named Amy Brennan. He doesn’t win, but instead tells Roland that he’s fallen for Amy’s younger brother, George. Just as Roland fell for Lilith’s brother, Caleb. All those years ago. He says that these challenges are fun, you’ve been alone too long, cousin. Sign up the next time you hear about one. And sign up Roland does. As a male contestant, for a male bachelor. Unheard of. Vladislaus Straud, whoever he may be*. Roland’s coming.

*Okay maybe it's a tad unrealistic (wow "unrealistic" in a sims game????) that he's lived as a vampire this long and he still hasn't heard of the King of Forgotten Hollow. Maybe he just didn't read Encyclopedia Vampirica, which I'm sure contains a few chapters about Vlad. Whatever lol

So TL;DR: Caleb turns the boys, Roland is discovered during a romantic meet up with him and almost kills his father out of anger, Caleb goes "🐸🐸🐸🐸 I want my money" leaving Roland and Lilith heartbroken because Lilith likes Caleb's arranged marriage partner and Roland likes Caleb, Roland and Moss are disowned by their family for being vampires and leave. Roland now hates Caleb (and consciously forgets about him), so if Caleb ever comes a-knockin' on that front door, he's not having any of it.

Hope you enjoyed that :joy:
    edited April 2020
    gZ3XaTK.png

Name: Calypso "Caly" Titan
    Gallery ID: Queenarella
    Home world: Del Sol Valley
    Family: Caly doesn't know her parents but she imagines the titan Atlas is her father (Calypso is actually nymph from Greek mythology and her father is Atlas :D )
    How many children you want: As many as possible. The more babies she gets the more attention she gets.
    Thoughts on marriage: Yes! A big glamorous wedding that makes it into all magazines!
    Hobbies/interests: diving, swimming, taking baths, being surrounded by people, taking selfies, painting (she wants a huge potrait of herself like kings and queens have)
    What you like/dislike in a partner: Caly loves a popular man but dislikes a man who steals her spotlight. That's all she cares about.
    What career you would like: Any career that makes people notice her.
    (For non-vampire candidates) If you win, would you prefer to become a vampire or remain mortal? remain mortal
    Bio (optional): As a baby, Caly was found on the beach with no parents around. The residents of Sulani decided to raise her together. As she was found near the sea they gave her the name Calypso, named after a famous nymph in Greek mythology.

Caly had a nice childhood despite not knowing her parents. Everyone in Sulani was her family and she never felt lonely. Everyone loved the little girl and she enjoyed everyone's company.

The older she turned, the more Caly felt like something's missing. She started reading but soon gave it up because books are boring. Instead she used the Internet to watch videos. Soon she found out what she lacked: a family history. Typing her name into a search engine, she found out about her name donor. The nymph Calypso had everything Caly longed for: a family and fame.

At first she admired the nymph but her admiration developed into more. The young Caly dreamed about Atlas being her father and what it would be like to be the nymph from the mythology. Her mind dug deeper and deeper into this imagination until one day. Caly went to school and told everyone she found out about her parents and her history. "I'm a nymph and my father is Atlas."

Right after she graduated from school, Caly moved to Del Sol Valley. Someone like her - a nymph and daughter to a titan - needed to be known world-wide. And to make her ancestry more obvious, she had her family name changed to Titan.

Edit: She is tagged as with CC because of the CC eyes and skin I use. But she's CC free. You need to tick the CC box tho to find her.
    thank you so much for Morgan! She is a great sim and seems very sweet. Maybe that is what Vlad needs?

If she wins, I figure that either she will bring out the best in him or he will bring out the underlying toughness in her. In my save she had a military career, but I was using a randomizer so her career, aspiration, and traits were a mixed up mess. So I tweaked her so it all makes more sense.

I have no problem with removing the ancient bloodline trait. I was actually surprised to see it there when I looked this time (I'd forgotten she had it). She only has it because her father is one of the pre-mades from realm of magic.
  • TheYayToastTheYayToast Posts: 1,466 Member
    edited April 2020
    OMG. @Queenarella mentioned you were doing a Legacy-Bachelor Challenge... but I was not expecting the founder to be Vlad. :D I totally wanna enter... I'll make someone today!

Edit:

@afai1261 *jaw drops* I agree with the statement of he's waaay too hot! He's even hotter than Moss was and Moss was really hot! :o

@DCJ504 Morgan is soooo adorable! I love her so much.

@Queenarella Calypso is really pretty! I love the twist of her being inspired by her namesake!
    @afai1261 oh my gosh I love this thank you! That is some amazing back story! Wow there’s gonna be some interesting scenes if Caleb ever rocks up at the bachelor mansion... Also that old timey picture of Roland and Caleb together is too cute... And sad :( maybe Vlad can mend Roland’s broken heart. He is the polar opposite of Caleb after all!

@Queenarella thank you for Calypso she is very beautiful! And she sounds like a very interesting sim too - it’ll be a lot of fun to have her around :)

@DCJ504 maybe Vlad will bring out the toughness in her and she will bring out the soft side in him? Glad you don’t mind about her losing the bloodline trait! Since she’s not a spellcaster herself hopefully she isn’t miss it ;)

@TheYayToast I want to see how long Vlad’s features stick around :D and yay I can’t wait to ‘meet’ your sim!
    @TheYayToast Thank you. I love how the genetics turned out.