Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Holidays

Are there certain holidays you guys get rid of or don't like? I like like the normal holidays. Like Love Day, etc. But I don't understand the neighborhood brawl ones and such. I can get rid of those and it not affect the game right? Because I don't like my Sim being sad when she doesn't participate in something.
sims_zpswwzalnus.jpg

Comments

• LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited April 2020
    There is a mod that doesn't stop those from happening, but there are a couple that does some changes.

https://deichschafblog.de/bienchen/jahreszeiten-seasons/

On that page look for the mods called;

tuned down holiday buffs - (Reduces strength and duration of the moodlets your Sims get after a successful holiday.

skill day tweak - (This small mod replaces the surprise battle royale and prank holiday by the surprise skill holiday.)

These are not only two but there are a few other holiday mods on that page as well.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    I don't like Neighbourhood Brawl unless I'm playing a household that's pursuing the criminal or mischief aspirations, and I rarely use Prank Day either. I like all the rest, though there are times I get distracted and forget to do a task, such as sending a sim out on the town. I never use the gnomes in the Harvestfest celebration - they are removed from the traditions as soon as possible.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,436 Member
    There's a mod that gets rid of those little surprise holidays, other than the Wednesday lottery. Coolspear makes it, but it hasn't been updated in a few patches. (First he got sick, then he lost his original S4S files - which other modders were able to replace for him, fortunately - and then he got sick again. He's working on them now, but he's got a LOT of mods to do.) I'm still using it, and it SEEMS to be OK, but I won't swear that it might not need to be updated.
  • akaniki0akaniki0 Posts: 470 Member
    edited April 2020
    I cancel all holidays and wish I could cancel all of those stupid weekly events too.
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    I got some little mods to stop Neighbourhood Brawl (its pointless), Rebate Day (they all have everything they need and then some) and New Skill Day (I don't always want to pick up a new skill, or work on a low one).

For the bigger holidays, I tweak them a bit. Like change it to only "Watch romantic TV" for Love Day and remove some "traditions" I don't want.
  • DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    I edited the permanent holidays and made some of my own. I love the holiday concept in general.

The random popup holidays I don't always like. I try to look at the calendar every few days to see if one has been scheduled for that week and cancel it if I don't want to do it with that household at the time. I never cancel Talk Like a Pirate Day, and usually not the Lottery, and I pretty much always cancel Neighborhood Brawl and Rebate Day (unless the household needs to make a major purchase anyway). With the New Skill Day and the Night on the Town it depends on what else is going on with the family I'm playing when it comes up. Those are all the ones I remember.
  • Dannakyri1Dannakyri1 Posts: 207 Member
    edited April 2020
    I get ride of love day. I don't have time to make sure a family of 6 all get to go on a date and give a flower away. I also changed Christmas to remove the visit from Santa mostly because I can't always get everyone in the family to first politely introduce themselves to Santa and then ask for a gift -- I find it tedious. I did add in Halloween and Easter but sometimes I take them out again when it starts to feel like my sim is never going to manage to meet their career goals because they are only working 3 days a week and constantly on work holidays.

Also you shouldn't need a mod - you just have to wait until they show up on the calendar and delete them. Then they don't come back until you add them.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    I always delete the "Give flower" tradition on Love Day if I decide to keep the day in the calendar. It doesn't add anything really.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member
    I edit half the default holidays - no gnomes (sports instead, even if I'm barely a sports person) for Harvestfest, Love day I drop the date and the give flowers, replaced by watching romantic movies and just giving gifts in general. I add a Summerfest (Grill, fireworks, water fun) and a Fright Fest (Costumes, Trick or treat, Spooky Spirit or tell stories, decorate).

For the random holidays I use mods to suppress neighborhood brawl and Prank day so I don't have to remember to delete them, and I have an additional mod that removes the sad mood for missing a holiday so if I end up needing to ignore a holiday I can without the household being sad for half a day. I happen to love it when Night on the Town coincides with the Spice Festival...
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,541 Member
    I almost always delete neighbourhood brawl and prank day. Sometimes I forget to check the calendar and they will pop up and then I have to decide whether to cancel it and suffer the moodlets or go with it.

I removed Thanksgiving cos we don't celebrate it in the UK, and I have added a few extras of my own.

Talk like a pirate day is awesome though, I love reading all the little piratey options that bring a smile to my face.
  • joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    I'm not really a fan of the holidays and I'm not sure why. I don't make any and I don't remove them. I like the sad moodlet from a bad holiday when I end it, I like lottery day and rebate day. Talk like a pirate day doesn't work correctly half the time in my game.
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I always delete neighbourhood brawl, prank day, talk like a pirate day and harvest day. And i always add halloween.
    About the holiday moodlets, i use ui cheats mod so i just right click in the moodlets and delete them as soon as they show up. I only leave it in kids and only about winter day.
  • wylmite1986wylmite1986 Posts: 1,771 Member
    I like the holidays but I may just get rid of one. I do like the random ones like the tv season one that popped up all of the sudden. But some of them are just a bit strange. Thanks for the advice!
    sims_zpswwzalnus.jpg
  • StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,446 Member
    edited April 2020
    About the only ones I delete are nieghborhood brawl, prank & talk like a pirate. I removed gnomes from harvestfest, santa from winterfest & love day is only decorate, bake & watch romance tv.
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    Oh my goodness, forgot all about Prank Day. That gets removed too. My sims are never into mischief, and having a day dedicated to it? No thanks.

For Night on the town, I usually just let them grab some food from a Food stall, if one is around. Or send them to the nearest bar for a drink. Depends how many sims are in the household.
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    The only holidays I keep on my calendars are the ones I've created and the normal ones that came with the game (though I changed some traditions and changed all their names to the real world counterparts). I delete all of the "surprise holidays" whenever they come up except for Prank Day since that one is actually based on a real holiday. I only wish I could change it's name to April Fools Day.
  • dragonfreakdragonfreak Posts: 11 New Member
    I always get rid of Love Day, Brawl day, Prank Day, and sometimes Resolution day. I just don’t have time or like what some of them do. Sometimes I make a summer holiday for cook outs, pool time, and other fun summer activities. If I am in an apartment I get rid of all the holidays due to space.