Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Covidiots (Share Your Experiences)

QueenofMyshunoQueenofMyshuno Posts: 1,506 Member
edited April 2020 in Off Topic Chat
Someone just came to my door selling something while we're in full lockdown mode in California and hospitalizations are increasing daily. Thanks for trying to kill me you covid-carrying dumdum, but I’m not opening the door.

1294cf75bd72cd2835a2d3af4b91fc1326945814.gifv

Share your stories about your own encounters with covidiots or about covidiots you see in the media.
BannerMayNewcrestGradient.png
On EA forum Stories and Legacies board and on QueenOfMyshuno.tumblr.com

Comments

• TWSimGamer82TWSimGamer82 Posts: 456 Member
    Most of the covidiots I've come across so far are just the ones that refuse to give you space in public. Then there's the people I see letting their kids play outside, but forgetting to tell their kids that their little friends can't come over and play with them. Next thing you know, there's a half dozen kids roaming the neighborhood.
    Sim: "I'm starving!"
    Player: *instructs sim to prepare meal* "Then eat something, you little goofball!"
    Sim: *starts cooking meal*
    -5 seconds later-
    Sim: *Stops cooking meal* "I'm so hungry!"
    Player: *head hits desk*
  • AngelEb95AngelEb95 Posts: 1,538 Member
    edited April 2020
    I haven't experienced any personally, but there's a town up North Jersey that's constantly in the news for social distancing violations. You'd think that living in the state with the second highest amount of COVID-19 cases (and the fact that most of our cases are concentrated up north) would be enough to convince you to stay the hell home.🙃
    Post edited by AngelEb95 on
    attack-on-titan-attack-on-titan-s4.gif
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    I watched our letter carrier lick his gloved finger to separate the mail... Thanks for infecting my mail and furthermore, a lot of good that glove is doing you eh there bud?
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • QueenofMyshunoQueenofMyshuno Posts: 1,506 Member
    edited April 2020
    Camkat wrote: »
    I watched our letter carrier lick his gloved finger to separate the mail...

😳😷🧐😡

Report him. Seriously he could infect your entire neighborhood and kill multiple people.

Or catch it on video. Sure to go viral on YouTube.
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member

😳😷🧐😡

Report him. Seriously he could infect your entire neighborhood and kill multiple people.

I don't keep my phone with me 100% at home so a video wasn't possible, it happened so fast anyways, but I did report it to Royal Mail, (I'm in the UK). I haven't seen a carrier since but that is likely a fluke and a slightly different schedule due to Easter holidays. In his defense, it was a natural thing to do I'm sure, however the mail carriers might need to re-read the guidance about why wear gloves and how covid is spread.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • pisceschick75pisceschick75 Posts: 541 Member
    edited April 2020
    We are in a continued state of lockdown here in NY...I am now required to wear a mask at work. Not a bad thing, trust me. But, there are people out there in the public that are NOT complying!!! STAY HOME if you can't comply! I am essential...that's why I am not home, you...however...should be at least covering yourself...not only for your protection, but for those around you!
    Is there a support group for Simming Addiction? I think I need it... :p
  • ddd994ddd994 Posts: 418 Member

😳😷🧐😡

....YIKES
  • SleepstarSleepstar Posts: 816 Member
    People going on holiday during lockdowns. A "Holiday to your second home" isn't important
    Currently aiming to get all harvestable produce in The Sims 3 (One EP left)Will complete a Legacy one dayhttps://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=katcalls2k907 (My Wishlist)
  • aldavoraldavor Posts: 1,387 Member
    Being a retired pensioner in the UK and living in retirement housing, I'm considered to be 'at risk' because of my diabetes. Consequently I need to go to my pharmacy a lot which, luckily, is literally across the main road. Although in general virtually all people queueing for the chemist (and there's a HUGE queue) respect social distancing, as mentioned you have the mothers with kids that let them just play up and down the pavements with no thought of keeping away. One of them earlier today was so snotty nosed, it looked like she'd had a cold for a week. Not great, and if you try to tell them about it, you just get a mouthful back. Not the best way to get through a global crisis...
    cat01.gif
    My Website: https://sims4.aldavor.net
    #keepitfree
  • Spectral_teaSpectral_tea Posts: 16 Member
    I work in a place that's considered essential since we provide food, but our lobby where people pick up their orders is not 6 feet in width or length To solve this solution, my boss put a sign limiting only one customer per lobby right next to the door handle, and in the little ad frames on each lobby register. Every day, I have about 2 people enter at the same time, blatantly ignoring the sign, and they even have the audacity to talk back to me by saying "I'm 6 feet from him" or literally repeating, "I have to wait outside?!" after I confirm over and over again, "Yes, we have a sign that says we can only have 1 customer enter the lobby at a time." I even had one lady claim she's allowed to be in there in front of my boss because she has a "special order" while the person who was in there before her was trying to gather her order. I'm grateful to have my job, but why do customers always tend to act more entitled and ignorant during major historical events?
  • Shadow_AssassinShadow_Assassin Posts: 1,670 Member
    edited April 2020
    Never meet covidiots IRL, only heard in news, such as not following the rules and hanging around on purpose. Same as many news about them.
    Although my country was serious before, it is much better now. Where I live was became serious after the Spring Festival, but it always relatively better than most areas.
    I originally found an internship during the Spring Festival, but I have never been able to go to interview. When it was serious, I only went out once because of the graduation project, there were almost no people on the street, almost all shops were closed. Where I live now has't been completely terminate isolation.
    My doctor uncle was been sent to the most serious area, now he's completed the mission and safe, but it's said that he temporarily can't return because they need or have to keep against the covid.
    So please follow the rules and respect the medical workers.
    Post edited by Shadow_Assassin on
    Entrance to the abyss
    sims.fandom.com/wiki/User:ShadeAssassin
    It's a scratch-off ticket
    There's a "_" in my usename. My usename is Shadow_Assassin, not ShadowAssassin or others

Sometimes it's not me who talks to you, it's machine translation

She/Her but you can call me as any pronouns
  • mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    edited April 2020
    Saw two guys going out on kayaks with fishing rods while we are in Lockdown status 🙄 If they need rescuing then the emergency response team will be in close contact with them. Fishing and all water activities is currently banned.
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    Someone I know had friends over, who slept at their house. What part of “social distancing” and “confinement” don’t they get ? And they live in a virus cluster area.
  • DaKaptenDaKapten Posts: 385 Member
    My friend is laughing at me when I'm worried when both me and her mom is in the risk of not surviving. She goes on dates she asks me if I want to see her. She ate at a restaurant yesterday. She makes me so frustrated. She is selfish against her mom and everyone around her...
    @DaKapten Wow, that is extreme. I hope your friend stops being so dumb before it's too late.
  • DaKaptenDaKapten Posts: 385 Member
    She's the kind of girl that believe that the world evolves around her... creepy about the postman :grimace:
  • OugonmusouOugonmusou Posts: 33 Member
    The extreme case of a covidiot that I came across in the media was a woman who stuffed her entire car with instant ramen noodles likely as a result of last minute panic buying. Though I would call her an idiot is because the entire back of her car was filled with packet noodles thus blocking off the rear view mirror. Another case of a covidiot was about a couple who violated the law where they went on a date eating chocolate cake before being arrested by the police despite the law stating that people are only allowed to leave their homes only to fetch necessities.
    I am just a simple Sims 2 lore addict
  • simspeaker4simspeaker4 Posts: 5,999 Member
    I haven't seen many covidiots in my neck of the woods. Just people who go down the one way aisle in the wrong direction but I'm not sure if that's covidiocy or just not paying attention.
    I am a perfectly decrepit withered old hag who enjoys self-mockery.

Need help falling asleep? http://wry7000.blogspot.com/
  • AyeffenAyeffen Posts: 258 Member
    I live in a block of flats with a shared communal terrace. Lots of the parents have come down with their kids so they can play for a while which is fine in principle, but many of the kids from different households are mixing, touching, sharing toys/balls etc and the parents are oblivious. 😫😷

It's hard to imagine how people can be so thoughtless even under the current circumstances.
    1NraNSJ.png
    My Gallery 🏠 | Gamer 🎮 | Husband 👬
  • ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    edited May 2020
    Need I say more?

b2Hgk08.png
    p8L4V6v.png
    @ChelleJo omg I viewed this on my phone, so I couldn't see what they were doing at first, but then when I enlarged the pictures, I was so surprised that I laughed really loud. I can't even believe what I'm seeing. This is hilarious in a sad way.
  • SleepstarSleepstar Posts: 816 Member
    Someone was having a big party last night in my neighbourhood
    Currently aiming to get all harvestable produce in The Sims 3 (One EP left)Will complete a Legacy one dayhttps://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=katcalls2k907 (My Wishlist)