Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hello! Come and introduce yourself!

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    SimmingKim wrote: »
    Hi, I'm shy and not so good with introductions. I wanted to just say hi and wish everyone a good day. I love playing Sims and have for many years.

Hello @SimmingKim :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    I hope that you will enjoy reading the forum threads, and find help gameplay ideas and tips.
    Happy simming! :)
    edited April 2020
    LucidLenny wrote: »
    Hello! I'm LucidLenny but I often go by Lenny!

Been playing sims 3 since 2017 and played freeplay when I was younger. Probably a bad idea bc exams and essays are coming up but sssshhhh. One day I hope to do a game based on GreyStillPlays' Sim 4 videos but in sims 3... But because my computer is bad, I guess I'll have to save up or wait.

I also really want to learn about making CC this summer because I'm coming to the realizing that the Sims3 fanbase is really small, and a ton of the CC creators have moved on to sims 4 and some old links and DLs don't work anymore. It'll probably be hard but not as hard as tracking files down maybe :')

Hello @LucidLenny :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is nice that you have been Sims 3 simming since 2017. You would enjoy playing the Sims as a restful break from the stresses of studying. I hope your exams and essays go well.
    I hope you will enjoy learning about modding over the Summertime.
  • shanaslimshanaslim Posts: 1 New Member
    I have a huge problem in my game. I have a family of four in my household, the issue I am having is that I have a teenager sims and two little children, when the teenager sims around the two children just stand there and do no action they usually carry out on their own or even do the action I have them to do. They are stuck with a cloud thinking of the teenager. The teenager does not move as well, all three of them will move only if the teenager sims is not around, like at work or upstairs sleeping. This an issue for when they come home nobody's come inside the house. Another issue is that the teenager guy missed school and I cancel the call from the principal and took a vacation now he no longer get notification to go to school but he is an A student with low performance.
    edited April 2020
    shanaslim wrote: »
    I have a huge problem in my game. I have a family of four in my household, the issue I am having is that I have a teenager sims and two little children, when the teenager sims around the two children just stand there and do no action they usually carry out on their own or even do the action I have them to do. They are stuck with a cloud thinking of the teenager. The teenager does not move as well, all three of them will move only if the teenager sims is not around, like at work or upstairs sleeping. This an issue for when they come home nobody's come inside the house. Another issue is that the teenager guy missed school and I cancel the call from the principal and took a vacation now he no longer get notification to go to school but he is an A student with low performance.

Hello @shanaslim
    I am sorry you are having game issues :(
    It would be best to post about your issue on a thread on the AHQ EA help site. Simmers there will be able to help you
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/ct-p/the-sims-4-en
  • redroses16redroses16 Posts: 8 New Member
    Hello again! I introduced myself on the 'New Members' thread, but thought I would do another post here to increase my post count.
    The best thing about being a student in a stage 3 lockdown is the amount of free time I have to play games. I just found out about the Daily Deal and all the other awesome stuff that's been added to sims 3 (like the rollercoaster and boardwalk) recently. Sad to see that there's not much new custom content on the sims 3 exchange, I miss the good old days where there was so many choices to pick from. Anyhoo, looking forward to having some interesting discussions with everyone!
    redroses16 wrote: »
    Hello again! I introduced myself on the 'New Members' thread, but thought I would do another post here to increase my post count.
    The best thing about being a student in a stage 3 lockdown is the amount of free time I have to play games. I just found out about the Daily Deal and all the other awesome stuff that's been added to sims 3 (like the rollercoaster and boardwalk) recently. Sad to see that there's not much new custom content on the sims 3 exchange, I miss the good old days where there was so many choices to pick from. Anyhoo, looking forward to having some interesting discussions with everyone!

Hello @redroses16 :) I posted to you on the other thread
    It is very nice that you have been enjoying simming as a result of stage 3 lockdown. I hope that you will be able to get thd deals you would like,
    This thread link may help you
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/866448/daily-deal-dd-2018-rotation-list-and-sales-help/p1
  • pinot_grigiopinot_grigio Posts: 91 Member
    Hello simmers!

I remember being about 8 or 9 years old when an older friend first introduced the Sims 1 to me. I was a bit too young to understand what was going on - my Sims journey really began when Sims 2 was first released. Even though I've been playing the Sims for so long, I have never contributed to the forums... But since we've been in lockdown due to COVID-19, I've decided to write my first ever Sims story. So here I am, excited to meet other simmers and hoping that some of you will be entertained by reading my story: https://pinot-grigio-sims.blogspot.com/.
    49886159581_8ebc2b57a8_h.jpg
    Hello simmers!

I remember being about 8 or 9 years old when an older friend first introduced the Sims 1 to me. I was a bit too young to understand what was going on - my Sims journey really began when Sims 2 was first released. Even though I've been playing the Sims for so long, I have never contributed to the forums... But since we've been in lockdown due to COVID-19, I've decided to write my first ever Sims story. So here I am, excited to meet other simmers and hoping that some of you will be entertained by reading my story: https://pinot-grigio-sims.blogspot.com/.

Hello @pinot_grigio :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is very nice that you have been simming for many years. You would have been enjoying spend many fun and happy hours over the time creating, building and playing! Simming is fun!
    It is exciting that you have written your first Sims story! :) Simmer will enjoy reading it.
  • Metior_IceMetior_Ice Posts: 3,094 Member
    I'll introduce myself with my Gamer ID. It's Metior Ice. The mispelling in Meteor was a mispelling I made when creating my first username for an rpg and it stuck. As for what attracted me to the sims, well, it has a lot to do with my mersona Dylan Zalrian. The sims is one of the rare games where you can actually play as a merman, and as a guy who loves the ocean and has silicone mer tail, the chance to play as a merman was huge. Part of why I joined this site was to suggest a merfolk related challenge. I saw the original idea on another site, and I really wanted to share it here.

I hope the Sims continues to include merfolk in the game. Mermaids can be found every where, but Mermaids AND Mermen haven't been done better in my opinion. Merfolk have a huge gender representation skew, but the reason for that is obvious yet not as exclusive to one gender as one might assume.
    edited April 2020
    Metior_Ice wrote: »
    I'll introduce myself with my Gamer ID. It's Metior Ice. The mispelling in Meteor was a mispelling I made when creating my first username for an rpg and it stuck. As for what attracted me to the sims, well, it has a lot to do with my mersona Dylan Zalrian. The sims is one of the rare games where you can actually play as a merman, and as a guy who loves the ocean and has silicone mer tail, the chance to play as a merman was huge. Part of why I joined this site was to suggest a merfolk related challenge. I saw the original idea on another site, and I really wanted to share it here.

I hope the Sims continues to include merfolk in the game. Mermaids can be found every where, but Mermaids AND Mermen haven't been done better in my opinion. Merfolk have a huge gender representation skew, but the reason for that is obvious yet not as exclusive to one gender as one might assume.

Hello @Metior_Ice :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is very nice that you are enjoying playing as a merman. Island Living is a great pack! Sulani is a lovely world with very beauiful skies!
    Happy simmingt! :)

• SimRueSimRue Posts: 11 New Member
    Hello Everyone,
    I've been introduced to The Sims when I was in the 4th grade, now 16 years later, I've owned and played Sims 2, Sims 3, and have just gotten Sims 4 a few days ago. I couldn't resist the temptation and added Seasons and Cats&Dogs.
    Unfortunately, I don't have friends who are simmers as well, so this forum is my way to connect with the community and keep up with all the different challenges. I would love to build a solid friendship net here.
    Peace and love to all of you <3
    SimRue wrote: »
    Hello Everyone,
    I've been introduced to The Sims when I was in the 4th grade, now 16 years later, I've owned and played Sims 2, Sims 3, and have just gotten Sims 4 a few days ago. I couldn't resist the temptation and added Seasons and Cats&Dogs.
    Unfortunately, I don't have friends who are simmers as well, so this forum is my way to connect with the community and keep up with all the different challenges. I would love to build a solid friendship net here.
    Peace and love to all of you <3

Hello @SimRue :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is lovely that you started simming when you were a child and that it has been a part of your life as you were growing up <3 It is nice that you have played Sims 2 and 3, and now play Sims 4 also. Simming is fun!
    Carl's Sims 4 site is a very helpful site with many guides to playing the game, that may help you get used to Sims 4. There is a " guides" button at the top of the site page, which will take you to a list of a variety of helpful guides to the game.
    http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com

I hope you will enjoy meeting and chatting with fellow simmers as you read and post on the forum threads
  • miababyymiababyy Posts: 7 New Member
    edited April 2020
    my name is mia! I have been playing sims for as long as i can remember

making friends would be perfect (:
    Post edited by EA_Joz on
    Hello @miababyy :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is very nice that simming has been a part of your life as you have been growing up. Simming is very enjoyable and fun! It would be a great way for you to take a break from the stresses of your school studies.
    I hope you will enjoy meeting and chatting with fellow simmers as you read the forum threads and post about what is happening in the lives of your sims.
  • Sharebear67Sharebear67 Posts: 26 Member
    @SimRue Welcome. I also have played for a long time. My daughter is the only person I know that plays. Have fun playing and you picked 2 great expansions to start with.
  • Tylersgurl2019Tylersgurl2019 Posts: 3 New Member
    Hi im not new to sims. Sims has been part of my life since i was like 10. Im 30 now. I live in Texas. Im in a happy strong relationship. So yeah. Ive played sims for so long. If there was a easy hard category i would be on extreme difficult. Lol. The biggest family ive had was 8 ppl i went through 4 generations and didnt cheat. That family lasted me 3 yrs. Until the computer got fried and i lost it all. That was the worst sim moment.
    Hi im not new to sims. Sims has been part of my life since i was like 10. Im 30 now. I live in Texas. Im in a happy strong relationship. So yeah. Ive played sims for so long. If there was a easy hard category i would be on extreme difficult. Lol. The biggest family ive had was 8 ppl i went through 4 generations and didnt cheat. That family lasted me 3 yrs. Until the computer got fried and i lost it all. That was the worst sim moment.

Hello @Tylersgurl2019 :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is very nice that you have been simming since you were a young child.You would have enjoyed spending many fun and enjoyable days over the time playing, creating sims and building homes for them to enjoy living in!
    It is not good that you lost your sims family when your computer overheated :( It would have been upsetting for you.
  • Tylersgurl2019Tylersgurl2019 Posts: 3 New Member
    It was. Lol.
  • Tempo123Tempo123 Posts: 60 Member
    Hello, I'm new to the sims 4, and I'm waiting to be able to post so I can figure out how to add CC lol. But I've been playing the Sims Freeplay for about 10 years, so I have sims experience.
    Tempo123 wrote: »
    Hello, I'm new to the sims 4, and I'm waiting to be able to post so I can figure out how to add CC lol. But I've been playing the Sims Freeplay for about 10 years, so I have sims experience.

Hello @Tempo123 :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is nice that you first started simming by playing Sims Freeplay and now you are playing SIms 4.
    This link to a guide may help you
    https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/tutorials/mods-cc.php
  • Spectral_teaSpectral_tea Posts: 16 Member
    Hey, I'm Spectre! My pronouns are they/them and at the time of writing this, I am 18 (but I'll be 19 in a month and a few weeks :o ) I've been stuck at home long enough that I've been compelled to join these forums. I'm a simmer since 13 and my first sim was literally Jade Harley from Homestuck. I'm now a Sims 4 main, despite the amount of bank I spilled to make my ideal Sims 3 world. The sim I've created most recently is a vampire who used her cunning on Vladislaus to invade his home and private life. I also have the tendency of spending 2-3 hours of creating a foundation of a sim, then immediately scrapping them :s who else can relate?
    Hey, I'm Spectre! My pronouns are they/them and at the time of writing this, I am 18 (but I'll be 19 in a month and a few weeks :o ) I've been stuck at home long enough that I've been compelled to join these forums. I'm a simmer since 13 and my first sim was literally Jade Harley from Homestuck. I'm now a Sims 4 main, despite the amount of bank I spilled to make my ideal Sims 3 world. The sim I've created most recently is a vampire who used her cunning on Vladislaus to invade his home and private life. I also have the tendency of spending 2-3 hours of creating a foundation of a sim, then immediately scrapping them :s who else can relate?

Hello @Spectral_tea :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is nice that you have been simming since you were first a teen and playing the Sims has been a part of your life as you were growing up.Simming is fun! It is nice you started simming by playing Sims 3, and this has now led you on to playing Sims 4.
    Simmers enjoy spending long times in cas creating sims to have the sim be just as they planned !
  • Mommabug11Mommabug11 Posts: 2 New Member
    Sul sul! Hello, everyone! :) I have been lurking in the forum shadows for years, though I've never officially joined, posted, shared, etc. I hail from FL and have been an avid simmer since Sims first was a thing - waaaaay back to Sims 1 OG. Have been mildly obsessed since. Anyone remember the collectors edition S2 (or was it S3? I can't remember now.) with the plumbob thumb drive? *Memories* It got lost in the many moves I've made since acquiring, but I really wish they'd do something like that again. Aaaanywho, I'm that Simmer. I took a very long time to get into S4. I purchased it nearly immediately along with the EP, stuff packs, etc because I'm a loyalist... but it took awhile to get over some of the tradeoffs. Enter 2020, and I'm all in. I'm more of a fan of building than of playing, though Legacy and 100 babies challenges kind of upped the ante on the playthrough and I've started (though, can't say I've finished) several times. I definitely find my happy place in creating residential lots. Which brought me to finally make an attempt at the Build-n-Share challenge I've been lurking around, which lead me here and well... here I am!

*More Actions...*
    *Friendly...*
    *Say Goodbye*

Thanks! :)
  • Mommabug11Mommabug11 Posts: 2 New Member
    @Spectral_tea

RE: That creep Vladislaus - not all heroes wear capes! I bow to you! :D That guy has nabbed too many off my Simmers man... lol Glad someone finally got the perp! :~D
    Mommabug11 wrote: »
    Sul sul! Hello, everyone! :) I have been lurking in the forum shadows for years, though I've never officially joined, posted, shared, etc. I hail from FL and have been an avid simmer since Sims first was a thing - waaaaay back to Sims 1 OG. Have been mildly obsessed since. Anyone remember the collectors edition S2 (or was it S3? I can't remember now.) with the plumbob thumb drive? *Memories* It got lost in the many moves I've made since acquiring, but I really wish they'd do something like that again. Aaaanywho, I'm that Simmer. I took a very long time to get into S4. I purchased it nearly immediately along with the EP, stuff packs, etc because I'm a loyalist... but it took awhile to get over some of the tradeoffs. Enter 2020, and I'm all in. I'm more of a fan of building than of playing, though Legacy and 100 babies challenges kind of upped the ante on the playthrough and I've started (though, can't say I've finished) several times. I definitely find my happy place in creating residential lots. Which brought me to finally make an attempt at the Build-n-Share challenge I've been lurking around, which lead me here and well... here I am!

*More Actions...*
    *Friendly...*
    *Say Goodbye*

Thanks! :)

Hello @Mommabug11 :) It is great that you have started posting on the forums! It is nice that you enjoy building in the game and are planning to enter the Build n Share challenge. Building is a very special way of expressing our creativity though the game! It is very nice that we can create a variety of types and styles of homes and community venue in the game.
    It is very nice that you have been simming since the original Sims 1. You would have been enjoying spending many fun and happy hours over the time simming, playing and creating!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top