Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What you think we could use in the sims 5?

Comments

• ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    edited April 2020
    I don't want to be stuck in the same world. Being able to travel from Sulani to San Myshuno is amazing to me and I would hate to go back and be stuck in JUST Sunset Valley (unless you want to erase everything about your Sims relationships) for eternity.

In TS4, since the neighborhoods are so small with only a few lots and a only a few things to do in each, you would HAVE to go neighborhood jumping. Also I wouldn't even call it "traveling" in TS4. You just disappear off-screen in one world and pop up in the next after a loading screen. Pretty boring.

Since TS4 simmers keep lying about TS3, I don't mind telling the truth about it. Even without mods, your sims can still go to France, Egypt, China, the university town, and three versions of the future world, Oasis Landing. And there is actually a way to go other worlds besides those without a mod. With the Traveler mod, it's even easier to go to all the HUNDREDS of TS3 worlds made by Maxis and TS3 fans.

But I want to go on a different angle from what I've written before concerning worlds. One of the greatest features of TS3 is that almost everything can be customized and you can create your own worlds. So let's take the basegame's own world, Sunset Valley. Because of TS3's powerful editing and creation tools, Sunset Valley can be totally renovated.

Here are some examples of TS3 simmers' work on this world....

This renovation of Sunset Valley is pretty amazing, because not only did they add new lots and added all the features from all EPs (including my favorite - diving lots!!!), they added new terrain and islands!!! I freaking love this world!

Here are more great versions of Sunset Valley....

2016 Sunset Valley
    by Tunzz

(Sunset Valley "city-fied")
    Screenshot-7-1.jpg?resize=1024%2C578&ssl=1

Sunset Valley Makeover
    by Mark Connor

(Sunset Valley modernized)
    Screenshot-5.jpg

Sunset Valley 2020
    by Jaga Telesin, MrsFlynn, FlynnArrowstarr

(Sunset Valley optimized, with all EPs, including diving lots!!!!)
    Screenshot-38.jpg

So even if you don't want your sims to go anywhere else, you can still do pretty amazing things with just one world to make it totally different in so many ways, making it fresh again. This is why so many people love this game and still play it after all these years.

Can you do that with TS4?, That's a big, fat NOPE!!! Lol!

-=<*>=-

This is what I want for TS5 - to make everything customizable so that people can be as creative as they can be and even more so than with TS3. Why would I want TS5 to be anything like TS4 that wouldn't allow you this much creative freedom????

Post edited by ClarionOfJoy on
    edited April 2020
    kwanzaabot wrote: »
    If they're going to do open world again, it needs to have stuff to do in it.

Because, and I fully acknowledge this is a controversial opinion, but open world in TS3 just wasn't very good.

Forget the community lots for this discussion, community lot gameplay isn't open world. Community lots are just... basic Sims gameplay. Open world is what you do in the spaces between those lots. It's about visiting locations that you can't build yourself (although in TS5, you should be able to build anything you see. ANYTHING. Let's take the TS4 build tools and dial them up to 11).

So, open-world gameplay in TS3 was about the space between lots. But the space between lots in TS3 was about as full of content as the space between lots in 4, except 4 is prettier.

TS3 had collectibles. Cool. 4 has collectibles. What else? You could see Sims living in the world. Cool. So basically that describes TS4 walkbys. It's not worthy of the development time it'd take to make an open-world game.

Lots of games fall into this trap, they give you a huge world to explore, but all it really does is make you take longer to get from point A to point B. Yeah maybe there's some points of interest. Something you can tick off your "100% completion" checklist. But you can't complete The Sims.
    So what would a POI look like in TS5?
    Well, if TS4 was open-world, then I think the Brindleton Bay lighthouse would be a POI.

But what does making that open-world really accomplish? Oh you have a new spot to take screenshots at, or maybe it's a unique woohoo spot, like the lighthouse is.

How does that improve the core gameplay, really?
    What changes, by making it open-world?

Memories would be a good use of that gameplay. You arrive at the lighthouse, and your Sim thinks, "this is where I proposed to my wife"
    You visit your Sims' child's school, and the Sim thinks, "I hope Parent-Teacher night goes okay, not like last year..."
    You go to your Sims' workplace, and your Sim thinks, "I don't think I'll ever live down the day I had a Bladder Failure at work"
    You visit the cinema, and your Sims react. They say, "Hey honey, remember when we had our first date here? Man that movie was awful!"

THAT

is what would make open world worth it for me.

Open world accomplishes ZERO loading screens. That's the main attraction of open world. I love traveling through it too. It's not just about reaching your destination, it's also about enjoying the ride and the scenery getting there. It adds to the immersion of gameplay.

It also allows you to do things like photography. You can take pictures of far off locations even if your sim is in the open world and not in a lot. Same thing with painting. If it was just closed world or small open neighborhoods, you can't really do that. In an open world, you can actually camp anywhere you want, not just in a lot. If you live in a houseboat, you can stop anywhere in an open world's ocean and just live there. If this was a closed world or small open neighborhood, you can't do that either - what is the point since it's such a small space?

Open world also makes zombie apocalypse and assassin gameplay fun because you can shoot your target from several lots away (or however much your rifle zooms, so even farther). So open world allows for more strategic solutions.

I don't like closed or small, limited open neighborhoods. They make you think "small".

It accomplishes one long loading screen every time instead of short loading screens when required.

That initial loading time has gotten shorter with the current computers - it's only a few minutes now. It will be even shorter with newer models to come. After that, there is no interruption to gameplay. Whereas with all the loading screens in a closed world gets pretty annoying and the time that you wait during loading screens adds up to be more than the initial loading time for TS3's open world if you have your sims go out often. This is why people who play closed worlds generally don't like their sims to leave their home lot. Which means the player isn't using the whole map - a waste of money.

But this wouldn't be a short loading screen in TS3, it'd be a long loading screen in The Sims 5.
    You're right, computers are faster now, that's why load screens are so short in TS4.

Now imagine a game more graphically demanding than TS4, where everything needs to be loaded at the start of the game. That first load at the beginning of each TS5 session is gonna take longer than the start of a TS4 game, that's just common sense.

I'm not giving times here, because hardware will evolve by the time of TS5's launch. But the total load time would be the same; it's just a matter of loading everything, all at once, or loading a little bit, and loading the rest when you need it.

No, you're wrong. It won't be a longer loading screen at the begining in TS5, because TS5 will be 64-bit and will be able to use much larger capacities of RAM. TS3 was built in 32-bit and could only access 2gb RAM (3gb RAM if extended). Rendering will also be much faster and on the fly in TS5.

Also, TS3 graphics are more demanding than TS4 right now because it has higher polygon counts and has more detailed textures. As we both agree, the newer computers load them much faster now. It would be even more so in 64-bit TS5.

So 100% open world is feasible and a more attractive option. More gameplay is possible with it than with closed or partial open worlds. I don't know why TS4 simmers would want TS5 to go backward in technology like with TS4. That would surely be the death of the franchise. Besides, all the TS4 simmers said that they're just going to stick with TS4 and not move on to TS5. So leave TS5 to everyone else who won't play TS4.

EAxis has to remember that it has competition now. They can't be cheap and do the minimum anymore like with TS4. If they make TS5 closed or even partial when Paralives and Paradox Tectonic are going to be fully open world systems, they're going to lose again. Just like with Sim Cities getting their butt kicked by Cities:Skylines.

You seem to be laboring under the misapprehension that I'm saying load times would be longer than TS3.

I'm not. I'm saying they would be longer than a series of short load screens, loaded as needed. Which is true. "Long" is longer than "short". That's literally the definition.

I'm not comparing its load times to any existing game, except to say that the experience of one load at the start of the game would be a comparable experience. I'm comparing TS5 to itself.

How long is a piece of string?

Ugh, those short loading times add up for people who play the whole map, more than that one loading time at the beginning of a TS3 session. Plus loading screens break the flow of gameplay. Read on for more of what I have to say....

A few things off the top of my head id want:
    open neighborhood, NOT open world
    ▪wants/fears, attraction system, memories, reputation, moodets, album/in game writing book like ts2
    ▪personality system, NOT just traits
    ▪ways to practice a faith, handicapped/differently abled, more options with pregancy (ultrasound, gender reveal and baby shower)
    ▪a "talk about marriage" action that will influence your partner to later ask for your hand
    ▪more alternative clothing styles

One of the reasons why I hate TS4 so much is because it promotes small thinking and rigid, restrictive solutions among its players. Having small open neighborhoods would still create loading screens whereas, a 100% open world would not during gameplay. With the computers out now, loading the game at the beginning wouldn't be long like it was with TS3, especially if TS5 is 64-bit.

People are worried that TS5 would be laggy, etc. so they want to restrict it to small open neighborhoods. But TS4 is laggy NOW and it has these tiny neighborhoods. So what's their excuse?

The reason why TS5 should be 100% open world with a free Create-A-World right at the start, is because then simmers can create any size world that fits the specs of their computer. Making TS5 a partial open world - small open neighborhoods - would do a disservice to those who have more powerful computers.

Maxis should provide in TS5's basegame three 100% open worlds of small, medium and large sizes as examples to show that all computers can play the game, because it is obvious people who play TS4 or TS2 or TS1 don't have any idea just how flexible this kind of system is and need to have that spelled out.

This is what TS3 simmers have enjoyed for the past 10 years - and that was just a 32-bit game! Imagine the even more flexible power of a 64-bit TS5 with a 100% open world system and CAW!

Also add the ability to travel in TS5 between ANY and all worlds without having to use a mod. The Maxis devs should look into the Traveler mod for ideas, as that is very complete. With the Traveler mod, sims can travel between worlds - they can even visit another world from a visited world without having to go home first. It also retains all relationships so using that mod has been the ideal choice for most simmers when moving their families to other worlds.

• CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    I think what I want mirrors a lot of what everyone else wants. I want TS5 to be a healthy mix of 2, 3 and 4 made up of all my favourite bits.

Sims personalities and details of the TS2. I want my sims to recognize and realize that other sims are in the room with them and even give a nod or wave as they pass in a hallway. I want my sims to do things like open a dresser drawer again when they're changing an outfit. Have something like an attraction system for romance again and personality points for interests. Fears.

Open world and create a world from TS3. Favourite foods, colour and music so that when sims autonomously choose to cook, listen to music they choose their favourite dish to cook (if they have the skill) and their favourite music. Story progression with a toggle to turn it off for those who are dead against it. Toggles for other things too like celebrities and occult sims so again, people who are dead against these life states can still buy a pack for the CAS and BB and then turn off the occult so people that do want occults don't have to have nerfed versions.

Build mode and create a sim modes from TS4. Maybe a bit of tweaking but those are pretty good this time around and easier to use. (IMO) The gallery.

It should be obvious too that it cannot launch half finished like TS4 did. This means we should have toddlers, ghosts, pools and basements right off and not waiting months to years for patches for these staples.

It would be nice to, since this will be the FIFTH time a lot of us will be re-buying the same sorts of pack ideas if some things like basic seasons and cats and dogs were included at launch. They could still add on to these packs later with more in depth game play and items. I think it would allow them to get more right into some new ideas sooner too and after 20 years of playing this franchise, I'm ready for some new ideas.

Not online. If they want to make it an optional feature, then ok, but I don't want my single player to suffer. I don't want items locked behind progress in an online play. I don't want to pay a monthly fee to access the online when I just want to single player. (They haven't said they would do any of this for sure, I'm just putting it out there that IF they go that route, then those are things I don't want).

Most importantly, I want some consequences. My sims aren't individuals anymore, they're more of a hive mind and they're all "Stepford wives" and it's kind of creepy. I don't want them miserable all of the time either, but I would like some balance. It's a game the last time I checked so it would be nice if it acted more like one.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    @ClarionOfJoy idc about loading screens, they dont bother me. I dont care for open world, too many sims scattered all over. You go to a lot and theres only 3 people there. In the sims 2 you had 20 people hanging out at the grocery store, which was odd but fun engaging with everyone. I think inbetween both is perfect.
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
    @ClarionOfJoy idc about loading screens, they dont bother me. I dont care for open world, too many sims scattered all over. You go to a lot and theres only 3 people there. In the sims 2 you had 20 people hanging out at the grocery store, which was odd but fun engaging with everyone. I think inbetween both is perfect.

Closed worlds produce closed minds.

In an open world where there is story progression, the townies all have their own lives to lead with their own careers and education, their own traits, wishes and needs, so they're going to places according to all these factors. TS3 simmers have learned how to work with all that. And here is what a lot of them do so they will see more sims in each place:

1) In all the worlds, there's usually too many of each type of community lot, for example, park, beaches, fishing holes, night life venues. What TS3 simmers do is set all but one or a few of each type to "No Visitors". That way, all the townies will only go to those fewer lots that are open so that there are more townies in those lots. Your sims can still go to the lots that are designated "No Visitors" and you can set them back to their original type whenever you want to change things up a bit.

2) Add more sims! The nice thing about an editable open world is you can always add more sims and more residential lots for them. Just be mindful of the CPU power of your computer - that's what determines how many sims your game can handle. NRAAS mods can even automate adding more sims to fill up your towns. That's what TS3 simmers use to instantly fill up any empty worlds made by TS3 world builders. Or you can do this manually if you want more control of the personalities in your town.

3) You can use mods also to bring more townies to community lots, but honestly you don't need to if you just use tips 1 and 2.

For me, without mods, I can get up to 12 to 15 sims in a community lot - I play on a 2014 computer with 4gb RAM and integrated Intel graphics. Others have gotten more with newer computers.

TS2 is nice but the townies don't have lives of their own - not really, like in TS3, unless you add them to your household.

-=<*>=-

In terms of small open neighborhoods, if your heart is set on that, well if TS5 is 100% open world, comes with Create-A-World from the start, and built-in traveling between worlds, you can build a series of small neighborhoods and jump around the worlds, TS4 style, with all the loading screens you want. The added advantage is that you can actually add more neighborhoods and also edit those neighborhoods, both lots and background scenery, any way you want. That's something TS4 can't do.

At the same time, a TS5 that is 100% open world will allow other simmers to play it TS3 style, with much larger worlds where they can put everything they wish. Wouldn't that be a better way to go, since it pleases every kind of sim player and can be played in the widest variety of computers possible? Why deny a large subset of the simming community that much creative freedom by endorsing such a restrictive, small open neighborhood system?

edited April 2020
    Camkat wrote: »

This is the kind of attitude that ticks me off...effing royally. The statement (bolded) and other similar from both TS2 & 4 players push those who play TS3 in a corner telling them to shut-up it’s our game now.

You know what? SIMS 5 isn’t just a sequel for YOU bunch; it’s supposed to be for everyone. If it’s not going to be then why don’t the developers tell us that now so we can throw our support behind a game that will be inclusive of all players instead of those who happily pat their backs and are satisfied with lackluster status quo.

So just because someone isn't bothered by a load screen it means that you should shut up and sit in a corner? I must have missed something here...

Focus please! That doesn't matter. If TS5 is a 100% open world, people can just create small neighborhoods to jump around in and have loading screens between each neighborhood like in TS4. But at the same time, it allows others to build larger worlds where they can put everything in them as they do in TS3 and not have to face so many loading screens until they decide to go to another world.

A 100% open world is much more flexible and will allow both sides to play the game. If TS5 is just open neighborhoods, it locks out a large section of players - those who play open world. They'll just go on to Paralives and Paradox Tectonic.

-=<*>=-

This is the kind of attitude that ticks me off...effing royally. The statement (bolded) and other similar from both TS2 & 4 players push those who play TS3 in a corner telling them to shut-up it’s our game now.

You know what? SIMS 5 isn’t just a sequel for YOU bunch; it’s supposed to be for everyone. If it’s not going to be then why don’t the developers tell us that now so we can throw our support behind a game that will be inclusive of all players instead of those who happily pat their backs and are satisfied with lackluster status quo.

[Removed unnecessary insult ~Rtas]

I just hope EAxis goes along with my suggestion to make TS5 a 100% open world system, with Create-A-World from the start and the ability to travel to all the worlds without a mod (and retain all relationships). That will allow for all player types to play the game they way they want, with or without loading screens, as well as allow for the widest variety of computers.

EAxis should also develop story progression and allow more control over options like NRAAS' Story Progression. They should look at that mod too.

Post edited by EA_Rtas on
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,405 Member
    edited April 2020
    Camkat wrote: »

So just because someone isn't bothered by a load screen it means that you should shut up and sit in a corner? I must have missed something here...

I read the “idc about loading screens” as the poster doesn’t care about the multiple loading screens to go from house to house within the neighbourhood which is one of the things that ticks TS3 players off because it throws gameplay right out of immersion. I’d sooner take one long loading screen at the beginning of the game if it means I can.wander around the entire map with out having to see another loading screen until I go to a different world entirely.

And yes, TS3 simmers since 2014 have been told to shut-up and sit in a corner “go play your game if you don’t like it” and our complaints stifled.

Well TS5 is put up or shut it time. TS3 players are going to get our voices heard this time and expect that EA developers give serious consideration to what we want instead of shutting down our complaints.

There’s a challenger waiting in the wings and I’d hope EA learned their lesson from the Simcity debacle in 2014. We’re fed up.
    [
    Focus please! That doesn't matter. If TS5 is a 100% open world, people can just create small neighborhoods to jump around in and have loading screens between each neighborhood like in TS4. But at the same time, it allows others to build larger worlds where they can put everything in them as they do in TS3 and not have to face so many loading screens until they decide to go to another world.

I just hope EAxis goes along with my suggestion to make TS5 a 100% open world system, with Create-A-World from the start and the ability to travel to all the worlds without a mod (and retain all relationships). That will allow for all player types to play the game they way they want, with or without loading screens, as well as allow for the widest variety of computers.

EAxis should also develop story progression and allow more control over options like NRAAS' Story Progression. They should look at that mod too.

@ClarionOfJoy - that is exactly what I want to see: 100% open world no broken relationships, story progression derives a life events timeline for the duration your family moves away and that when your sims come back the townies and NPCs have progressed in your family’s absence - in otherwords the sims in te world you left have aged at the same rate as your family members have so that let’s say you come back from Lancaster Falls (fictitious Sims 5 world) to Braxton Valley (lets say that if your sim left as a teen to go to Lancaster Falls and comes back to Braxton Valley) as a full adult, her teen classmates who never left Braxton Valley are also now full adults with families having married and raised kids in your family’s absence. That’s the type of Story Progression I want to see.

In other words I want the game developers to put their heads together and figure it out instead of taking the path of least resistance.

I know, EA, “I’m not asking for much...” ~sarcasm~. But when you start asking me to fork out $50.00 for an expansion pack; it’d better dam well be worth the time it took for me to earn that $50.00 that you expect me to drop on your game pack.

Money doesn’t grow on trees and I expect value for money paid out.
    Post edited by Nikkei_Simmer on
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • ZeiZei Posts: 254 Member
    @Camkat I like TS2s attraction system too, but I think it could be extended and enhanced to a great degree to include traits, careers, money...

I sim can have an "attraction profile" similar to traits in TS3. Then their attraction to other sims could be calculated based off what they tick off from that list. They could have several turn-ons and turn-offs.

Example turn-ons:
    - Redhead
    - Seniors
    - Family sims
    - Loners
    - Policemen
    - Teachers
    - Flirty trait
    - "Nice" "Friendly" sims
    - "Mean", "Hot Headed" sims
    - Good sense of humour
    - At least 5K money

Example turn-offs:
    - Workaholic
    - Weight
    - Family sims
    - Snobiness
    - Slobiness
    - Laziness
    - No sense of humour

Etc. So you could have a friendly, family-oriented sim that is attracted to flirty and fit redhead policemen, for example. If they meet a redhead, that's +1. If they meet a flirty and fit redhead, that's +3. If he's also a policeman, it's the perfect match.
  • Barney111Barney111 Posts: 20 Member
    Definietly have a combination of the previous games!

- Having a better family tree, the one of the sims 4 currently doesn't really show the history of the family you have spent so long working on and building its nice to be able to view the whole family tree like in previous sims games.

- allowing the baby to be more active than what they are at the moment, or at least they are able to be moved to other areas of the house not just be stuck in a cot.

- Bring back cars which were in previous games, such a main point in real life most people have a car so bringing that back would be fun.

- in sims 3 i loved the memory type thing it had where you can capture moments in the sims life or it would automatically capture important things in their life, and you were able to write about that memory.

- Have the option for sims to go to the hospital when they are pregnant and able to find out the gender of the baby. I know you can do this already but only if you have a sim within the doctor career.

- In one of the previous sims you were able to have more than one option of clothing for each section, this was helpful for e.g. the formal section you could choose their wedding outfit and also have their event outfit, so you didn't have to change their clothes when they are getting married because they turn up to their wedding in their event outfit or they wear an horrendous wedding outfit!

There is probably so many more things that could make Sims 5 that more enjoyable but that is main points i could think :) always have loved the sims <3
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    I read the “idc about loading screens” as the poster doesn’t care about the multiple loading screens to go from house to house within the neighbourhood which is one of the things that ticks TS3 players off because it throws gameplay right out of immersion. I’d sooner take one long loading screen at the beginning of the game if it means I can.wander around the entire map with out having to see another loading screen until I go to a different world entirely.

And yes, TS3 simmers since 2014 have been told to shut-up and sit in a corner “go play your game if you don’t like it” and our complaints stifled.

Well TS5 is put up or shut it time. TS3 players are going to get our voices heard this time and expect that EA developers give serious consideration to what we want instead of shutting down our complaints.

There’s a challenger waiting in the wings and I’d hope EA learned their lesson from the Simcity debacle in 2014. We’re fed up.

I guess that's a personal perception then and I'm sorry that you were told that in the past, but that doesn't mean it should be projected onto everyone who feels the opposite of you? It's not fair to blame someone for something they didn't say. I'm not trying to shut you up either to be clear, just it wasn't fair to get so aggressive so quickly when that post stated none of what you took from it.

A 100% open world is much more flexible and will allow both sides to play the game. If TS5 is just open neighborhoods, it locks out a large section of players - those who play open world. They'll just go on to Paralives and Paradox Tectonic.

You're describing more of a create a world and assuming that we will be able to edit the world freely like TS3. Honestly, I hope for all of those things too. In my original post on this thread, I mention I want open worlds back too. I was just merely pointing out that words were being put into someone else's mouth, and rather aggressively too, all for having a differing opinion. We are allowed to disagree. ;)

@Zei I agree. Having the system back would be the basic of what I want. It definitely could/should be improved upon. Every version should be an improvement on the last (IMO) and we didn't really get that this time (again IMO) so I'm hopefully TS5 can get it right.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    Barney111 wrote: »
    - In one of the previous sims you were able to have more than one option of clothing for each section, this was helpful for e.g. the formal section you could choose their wedding outfit and also have their event outfit, so you didn't have to change their clothes when they are getting married because they turn up to their wedding in their event outfit or they wear an horrendous wedding outfit!

In TS4 you can have upto 5 different outfits for each clothing category and sims change them randomly.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited April 2020
    I'm going a different route today. I want the game returnded to the player instead of the developers. Players need tools to make a game their own. I want it to no longer be about the followers and the tweets and the money but the player and their creativity and imagination. Supply them with a world creator, and editor, a pattern creator, a face skinning tool, a tool to recolor and retexture anything in the game, and tool editors to change Sims, layer clothes, create their own, or whatever. Fans shouldn't have had to come up with these things in TS4. These tools should have been a gleeful gift to the community from Maxis. Let them (consumers/fans play Sims. :D And the only way to do that is to stop hindering their creativity and imagination.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    > @crocobaura said:

> In TS4 you can have upto 5 different outfits for each clothing category and sims change them randomly.

oh really? Mine definitely doesn't let me do this! hopefully can find a reason why as would help
    edited April 2020
    Zei wrote: »
    @Camkat I like TS2s attraction system too, but I think it could be extended and enhanced to a great degree to include traits, careers, money...

I sim can have an "attraction profile" similar to traits in TS3. Then their attraction to other sims could be calculated based off what they tick off from that list. They could have several turn-ons and turn-offs.

Example turn-ons:
    - Redhead
    - Seniors
    - Family sims
    - Loners
    - Policemen
    - Teachers
    - Flirty trait
    - "Nice" "Friendly" sims
    - Good sense of humour
    - At least 5K money

Example turn-offs:
    - Workaholic
    - Weight
    - Family sims
    - Snobiness
    - Slobiness
    - Laziness
    - No sense of humour

Etc. So you could have a friendly, family-oriented sim that is attracted to flirty and fit redhead policemen, for example. If they meet a redhead, that's +1. If they meet a flirty and fit redhead, that's +3. If he's also a policeman, it's the perfect match.

@Zei, I would really like to see that kind of attraction implemented though I have no idea of how that would be coded into the game. But I like the idea of someone being attracted to a certain type of sim.

I’d love to see if there could also be an attraction towards a certain sim that can build over time. (Like Haruo towards River)
    8385FA45-DC57-4598-857F-7456F0A52C20.jpeg
    and vice versa based on whether they’re married, dating or single and what interactions they have (if they have bad interactions the attraction wanes and the desire to cheat (if married) grows unless they have the faithfulness attribute (trait) where he/she just ends up being long-suffering).

Like my own 20 year marriage to my wife in real life has grown stronger through that length of time and I’m more in love with her than when we exchanged rings (I’d have to say I was head over heels in love with her at the wedding so you can pretty much say that we’re inseparable now) and we’ve come through some pretty rough patches too.

Oh, and she happens to be a red-head...+1 🤣 :mrgreen:
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    edited April 2020
    @Nikkei_Simmer lol wut
    You need to relax a bit lol ;;;

I meant that loading screens do not bother me in the slightest. I know a lot of fans hate them but I dont mind them. This is just my preference no one is taking it as law. I mean if they add open world in the next game, cheers. If they dont and its still fun ill still play. You might be taking this too personally
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    edited April 2020
    Barney111 wrote: »
    > @crocobaura said:

> In TS4 you can have upto 5 different outfits for each clothing category and sims change them randomly.

oh really? Mine definitely doesn't let me do this! hopefully can find a reason why as would help

@Barney111 watch this tutorial. :smiley:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gtFcIZzhHU
    edited April 2020
    Personal list of things I would like to see in Sims 5:

Better tracking and routing of Sims - can we see the Sims actually manage to negotiate a route around furniture and other Sims without clipping?

Better babies - babies that aren’t burritos; have them wave their hands or feet, have them actually react to being held, have them actually respond to being fed. Have them have wants (take me for a walk, I need to go pee, hug me, cuddle me, I want Mommy, Daddy, Sister, Brother etc) - not just sticking them into a crib and be done with it.

And I swear, if I see a baby hop out of the crib and become a child because “toddlers are too difficult”...so help me, I’m going to go nuclear!

Could we see swimming in lakes? Please? Nothing beats building a cottage at a lake and having one’s kids be able to swim there.

A return of cars as well as being able to open the doors, get in and out instead of teleporting them in (in TS3).

Less mood altering effects with personal possessions. I don’t want to have a widow grieving her dead husband and then just because she goes into her collection room be ______________<—— insert descriptive adjective of choice happy. The one I was resisting putting down would have had me banned.

A more coherent moods selection. Make sure that the sims who are enemies actually hate each other and don’t behave as if one minute they like each other the next bitter enemies. Some consistency would be nice.

I want the ability to be able to tell a cohesive story by means of an open world, the ability to tell a story not restricted to lots. If my sim wants to explore the world he or she lives in, let me do that in one continuous flow. Even more so when creating videos as we video creators need to not have their narrative in some rapidly jumping lot to lot fashion but in transitions and placement shots.

I also want to see effort on the environment and the sims. Plainly put the cartoon-esque environment with Fisher Price trees and Little People style clay hair base sims gets really old, really quick.

I want to see a faithfulness trait come back where both sims refuse to cheat on the other especially if they’ve been in a great relationship. A spouse should not be inclined to cheat if their relationship meters are full and their attraction is attuned to their spouse.

I want to see aircraft in an expansion pack at some point. That’s just a personal want so ~shrug~ do with it what you will. Same with a hockey rink and pickup hockey animations.

Animation challenges:

Wet hair (stepping out of rain and out of shower or bath) should last for ten minutes sims time.

Sims caught in a downpour should look like a drowned rat and unless they like water, shouldn’t be happy about it.

Wet clothes, wet streets.

Go easy on the light bloom.

Oh...and can we..,
    flies.gif
    ...get this back again?

Started in Sims 3; never got the chance to have this happen as I never had TS2
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    edited April 2020
    @Nikkei_Simmer lol wut
    You need to relax a bit lol ;;;

I meant that loading screens do not bother me in the slightest. I know a lot of fans hate them but I dont mind them. This is just my preference no one is taking it as law. I mean if they add open world in the next game, cheers. If they dont and its still fun ill still play. You might be taking this too personally

Unfortunately allowing the developers an out will only persuade them that they can pull off shortcuts because “oh the players won’t mind...” maybe I’m an old cuss (five decades breathing O2) but I came from a time where excuses were not accepted in the line of work. If you weren’t a problem-solver; you got fired.

I’ve worked in the past before taking disability and have never ever taken a shortcut in my line of work and my bosses have never allowed one. You run up against a problem, you put your nose to the grindstone until you figure it out; no shortcuts, no excuses. When I or any of my fellow gamers have to fork out $60-70 of personally hard-earned money for a base game, I expect it to come in a playable fashion not missing key pieces accompanied by a flimsy excuse.

When I lay down my money for a base game I expect that they have put 110% effort into solving the problems and finding a solution; not taking the easy way out and finding new corners to cut.

I fully understand your anger and frustration. This is what drives me crazy too. All those closed world players wanting to keep the next game, TS5, closed, restricted, limited - AGAIN!

For the past six year, TS3 has been lied about in order to promote TS4. As a result, people who have believed the lies about it don't know just how versatile it is - that it can actually recreate all the neighborhoods TS4 has and then add more or even edit them (something you can't do in TS4)! That you can create any size world to fit your computer's specs - no one ever talks about that!

And now these players want TS5 to be like their closed, restricted and limited worlds and shut out open world simmers AGAIN? EAxis won't make as much money with that system in that case. Everyone else will just go to Paralives, Paradox Tectonic and who knows who else will enter the life sim competition (I would love it if Rockstar did! GTA5 is AMAZING!) because they said that their games would have open world systems.

-=<*>=-

Also about work. I've never seen such lazy work on a game until TS4. I'm glad you brought that up because I don't want to see that again in TS5. EAxis really needs to hire people who actually love and play The Sims games - especially the older ones because those were so well made and full of gameplay. The devs for those games really thought out what should be included in each pack. Plus they were so organized! Packs came out in a timely manner and the sim community was informed clearly about the packs ahead of time. No one had to really guess. The trailers were also factual, and you would get some great stuff if you pre-ordered. Back then they ran a very tight ship - it was awesome!

The devs should also advocate for their game! I get the feeling that EA INSISTED that Maxis recycle the Olympus project into TS4 instead of scrapping it so that the funding they put into it wouldn't be a loss. Look where that went! The inability to put in better features that they wanted totally demoralized the devs - I mean, they don't want to even play the game on their off time. If I was one of the devs, I wouldn't be proud of the game either. I'd play other games to get my mind off it too!

Maxis nowadays isn't really Maxis anymore with it's own identity - it's really just a bunch of devs working at the beck and call of EA. And that's really sad.... :'(

-=<*>=-

Anyway, I just really hope the TS5 devs make it 64-bit, 100% open world with Create-A-World, color wheel, Create-a-Pattern, dynamic towns with story progression like how you described it (but I admit that would be more work on the computer since it needs to update all the worlds you loaded in a story).

Add in TS2 detailed animations, some of TS4's new build features but also keep the versatile CFE cheat and awesome terrain tools from TS3, the camera from TS3 too because it had the greatest viewing angles.

I really would also like an updated version of TS1's "Makin' Magic" and "Superstar" EPs. Also bring back everything from TS3's Island Paradise EP with a fully working world (not like the one in that EP that the player has to fix). As a matter of fact, I want all EP's from TS3 to be updated versions in TS5, lol! I also love TS2's Open For Business EP but without micromanaging employees. Oh, and no updated versions of anything from TS4. All of them are crap!

• cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    Zei wrote: »

Example turn-ons:
    - Redhead
    - Seniors
    - Family sims
    - Loners
    - Policemen
    - Teachers
    - Flirty trait
    - "Nice" "Friendly" sims
    - Good sense of humour
    - At least 5K money

Example turn-offs:
    - Workaholic
    - Weight
    - Family sims
    - Snobiness
    - Slobiness
    - Laziness
    - No sense of humour

Not too dissimilar, but actually improved from the system in TS2.

When in the process of creating my first Sim in TS2; I said, "Wait a sec, even that unnamed, controversial mod doesn't even have an attraction system this good; it is perfect!". From then on out, I knew TS2 in terms of the Sims themselves, was far superior to anything later. And that being said, I've only had my copy of TS2 since Jan. I think in terms of the Sims themselves, EA should be using TS2 as the bar minimum of how the personalities of Sims are fleshed out. Not the fickle, shallow mess TS4 Sims are.
  • drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    Like the title what is on your sims 5 wishlist?

Me I would love to see building and create a sim like sims 4. Have actual babies where they can do things not just sit in a crib or baby swing or baby mat and do nothing. Bunkbeds. Smaller arcade machine and be able to make an arcade (I miss that in 3) be able to build inside roofs. Maybe open world even tho it takes two million years to go into a sims 3 game maybe bring some sims 2 charm like the little cutscenes or the children running and hugging their parents when they get home or the kids running to one of their parents when they get a good mark in school just the little things like that

I love a game called Virtual Families. I would love to have random things happen "while we are away". For example, I save my game where the mom in the sims goes to and her kids are all at school. I come back it is exactly how it was when I left with the Sims. With Virtual Families, It's not the same when I come back from where I left off at a save point. The game calculates things that happen while I'm gone. It could be something like adopting a kid. It could be a promotion. It could be any number of random things. I would love to see something like that with the sims.

I would love for CAS and build mode to be taken a step further in 5. I would love spiral staircases, bunk beds too. I would love for babies to be taught to walk, have more interactions, a baby swing a tub for the baby to be bathed, a changing table. I would for us to start out with rocking chairs. I would love for elders to do more starting out. I would love for kids to do more. Play tag, innocent crush actions with their crush like playing together, eating lunch at school together. I would love for traits to actually mean something. I would love a actions to have real consequences. For example if my sim is not a player sim and cheats on their spouse having serious consequences. Have Sims occasionally Break The 4th Wall. That could be a thing for our insane sims to do. Family members being able to welcome other household members home.

I would love a game I can enjoy playing Vanilla and never feel the need for mods and CC. I want a game that is well playtested and with minimal problems. I would love to see the best from The Sims, Sims 2 Sims 3 and even Sims 4 brought in.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • QU33N31QU33N31 Posts: 5 New Member
    I agree with a lot of the above. The main thing I miss from previous sims, MAKING YOUR OWN CLOTHES COLORS/PATTERNS AND HAIR COLORS! I feel like we've come sooo far in technology, that this should automatically been input into any of the sims games that have came out so far. I feel like we shouldn't have to resort to CC/CCMODS. (However the curators of the CC are highly appreciated :wink: )
    With that being said I think the sims 5 should incorporate with that a hair salon or a fashion design career choice where you would be able to do said things above :smile:
  • MyeuhMyeuh Posts: 1 New Member
    > @Barney111 said:
    > Definietly have a combination of the previous games!
    >
    > - Having a better family tree, the one of the sims 4 currently doesn't really show the history of the family you have spent so long working on and building its nice to be able to view the whole family tree like in previous sims games.
    >
    > - allowing the baby to be more active than what they are at the moment, or at least they are able to be moved to other areas of the house not just be stuck in a cot.
    >
    > - Bring back cars which were in previous games, such a main point in real life most people have a car so bringing that back would be fun.
    >
    > - in sims 3 i loved the memory type thing it had where you can capture moments in the sims life or it would automatically capture important things in their life, and you were able to write about that memory.
    >
    > - Have the option for sims to go to the hospital when they are pregnant and able to find out the gender of the baby. I know you can do this already but only if you have a sim within the doctor career.
    >
    > - In one of the previous sims you were able to have more than one option of clothing for each section, this was helpful for e.g. the formal section you could choose their wedding outfit and also have their event outfit, so you didn't have to change their clothes when they are getting married because they turn up to their wedding in their event outfit or they wear an horrendous wedding outfit!
    >
    > There is probably so many more things that could make Sims 5 that more enjoyable but that is main points i could think :) always have loved the sims <3

I don't know what I am doing.. I just want them to let it have a multi-player option.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    - All life stages baby through elder including preteens
    - Emotions no not like Sims 4 icon that tells you your Sim going through emotions but actual animations and behaviors
    - Memories things that happen to our Sim should be remembered good or bad
    - Wants and fears
    - CAW
    - Color wheel
    - Cars busses and carpools
    - Open world or neighbor which should be at least 8 lots.
    - Well thought out retail system that does not lock you into a lot type like gym or restaurant that also has a reason to use it for things like food and clothing that should not be free and all unlocked
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
    > @Myeuh said:
    > > @Barney111 said:
    > > Definietly have a combination of the previous games!
    > >
    > > - Having a better family tree, the one of the sims 4 currently doesn't really show the history of the family you have spent so long working on and building its nice to be able to view the whole family tree like in previous sims games.
    > >
    > > - allowing the baby to be more active than what they are at the moment, or at least they are able to be moved to other areas of the house not just be stuck in a cot.
    > >
    > > - Bring back cars which were in previous games, such a main point in real life most people have a car so bringing that back would be fun.
    > >
    > > - in sims 3 i loved the memory type thing it had where you can capture moments in the sims life or it would automatically capture important things in their life, and you were able to write about that memory.
    > >
    > > - Have the option for sims to go to the hospital when they are pregnant and able to find out the gender of the baby. I know you can do this already but only if you have a sim within the doctor career.
    > >
    > > - In one of the previous sims you were able to have more than one option of clothing for each section, this was helpful for e.g. the formal section you could choose their wedding outfit and also have their event outfit, so you didn't have to change their clothes when they are getting married because they turn up to their wedding in their event outfit or they wear an horrendous wedding outfit!
    > >
    > > There is probably so many more things that could make Sims 5 that more enjoyable but that is main points i could think :) always have loved the sims <3
    >
    > I don't know what I am doing.. I just want them to let it have a multi-player option.

That wouldnt be a bad thing to add to it!
  • JaidemoonJaidemoon Posts: 8 New Member
    I'm not new to Sims. I've been playing since Sims was first introduced on my birthday (Feb 4th 2000) *I was 27 at the time*
    I've been playing Sims for 20 years!! I love the game. I am an "obsessed fan" you could say. I have EVERY game package (on my computer, for my PlayStation and even mobile) The HUGE things i miss the most... is the personality traits. (Like Sims 2-3) and the "open" world concept where we can build out own worlds/properties and characters. (I actually made a WHOLE town based on my book series within Sims3!) but can't even edit it anymore because Windows 10 doesn't support the platform for editing anymore. The next big thing I miss... Sims Apartments. Building an apartment building with separate units for more than 8 sims to live on. This 8 only per property, personally, I think sucks. (there shouldn't be a limit. I wanted to make my own actual home with my kids and partner but couldn't....why? because there are more than 8 people in my family. (I have 4 kids of my own and my partner has kids of his own and we have foster kids too...) so I couldn't do it unless I split the homes. I just couldn't do it. :S so yeah. I love sims but the concept of open worlds/cities/families etc along with better personalities needs to be a new factor thought of for Sims 5. If it is better and more open then you bet your bottom I will buy every single addition/game/stuff pack like I did sims 4 :D