Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

JETSET SEASON 3 ** THE FINAL EPISODE HAS AIRED NOW **

Comments

• YJB19299YJB19299 Posts: 5,801 Member
    For the time we wait for Ninja, Smarties and Kelvin, we could try to put fitting pieces together already
    c6fj8ujnodut.png
  • KelvinKelvin Posts: 6,899 Member
    Here is what I got:
    1 - /terday was one of the days on which I lie."
    Diane: "Yesterday was also one of the days on which I lie."

What day is it?

2 - /ieces and they have to divide them. Assuming the aforementioned 3 traits how should the bounty be divided? First Pirate 5 doe/

3 - /ear on the island:
    Knights, who always tell the truth
    Villains, who never tell the truth
    Normals, who some/

4 - A huntsman leaves his cabin in the morning and walks a kilometer to the south. There he sees a bear which he fol/

5 - /our from your drawer, which contains 24 red, 24 yellow, 24 green and 24 blue socks. How many so/

That flower censor is flamboyant lol.
    chicken-run-ginger-i-just-decided-i-dont-care-idc-gif-20619284.gif
    ._.
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    The censor is overzealous, it seems
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
    Oh, Yannik's and my pieces make up the sock problem. It's commonly taught as an example of the Pigeonhole Principle in discrete math, which I TA'd for last fall. :D

Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
    And Choco's. So three pieces make up a riddle

It is very dark in your bedroom and you want to grab 2 socks of the same colour from your drawer, which contains 24 red, 24 yellow, 24 green and 24 blue socks. How many socks should you get from my drawer to have at least 2 socks with matching colours?

• M13VulpeculaM13Vulpecula Posts: 19,715 Member
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    It is very dark in your bedroom and you want to grab 2 socks of the same colour from your drawer, which contains 24 red, 24 yellow, 24 green and 24 blue socks. How many socks should you get from my drawer to have at least 2 socks with matching colours?

The answer is...

CORRECT!!!

The bus slows down with 5 km/h and is now only driving with 20 km/h.

You had 29 hours left at the time of locking in. This gets multiplied with 1,25, which adds 7,25 hours to your time.

As it stands now, the Challenge will end at: 15:15 GMT, which is 17:15 my time.
    Banner.png
    AKA: 32 hours remaining!
    Banner.png
  • Smarties100Smarties100 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Sorry for being late to the party guys, this is what I got:
    1 - A man is standing in front of a painting portraying a man, and tells u/

2 - /eter straight to the North, to the cabin where he left that morning.

What's the colour of the bear?

3 - /sdays, Fridays and Saturdays, but tells the truth on all other days of the week. They say the following to you:

Connie: "Yes/

4 - /times tell the truth and sometimes lie.

Imagine meeting one of those citizens who tells you: "I am not a Knight."

Of which type is the citizen you are talking to?

5 - In an Italian town the following facts apply:

No citizens have the same number of hairs. Not a single citizen has exactly 40360 hai/
    edited April 2020
    [completed question] On a fine day you meet Connie and Diane. Connie lies on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays and tells the truth on all other days. Diane lies on Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays, but tells the truth on all other days of the week. They say the following to you:

Connie: "Yesterday was one of the days on which I lie."

What day is it?

The day is Thursday.

Edit: Bolded the answer.
    ._.
    We can also answer this question:
    [completed question] You are on an island with citizens who look the same on the outside, but are different on the inside. The following 3 types appear on the island:
    Normals, who sometimes tell the truth and sometimes lie.

I cannot answer this as I just submitted an answer to the previous question.

However, I think this answer to this question is "normals" because "I am not a Knight" can be both a true and false statement.
    ._.
    Kelvin wrote: »
    [completed question] On a fine day you meet Connie and Diane. Connie lies on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays and tells the truth on all other days. Diane lies on Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays, but tells the truth on all other days of the week. They say the following to you:

What day is it?

The day is Thursday.

Correct!
    Banner.png

What day is it?

The day is Thursday.

Correct!

The bus slows down with 5 km/h and is now only driving with 15 km/h.

You had 31,75 hours left at the time of locking in. This gets multiplied with 1,33, which adds 10,58 (aka 10 and 7/12th) hours to your time.

As it stands now, the Challenge will end at: Sunday 19th of April 01:50 GMT, which is 03:50 my time.
    Banner.png
  • ninjakid150ninjakid150 Posts: 1,219 Member
    here are mine sorry i was also late
    1 - /red 1 to 100. How many nines are there in all those numbers?

2 - /est possible amount of citizens this town can have (given that there's not an infinite amount of citizens?)

3 - /lows for a kilometer straight to the east. After he shot the bear he drags it for a kilom/

4 - A boy at home is looking via a mirror to the clock. Then he leaves to school by bike, where he ar/

5 - /land, then to the terrace and back to the duck three times?

i belive my first one is 20
    tumblr_inline_njsn9s6ijv1rzuis0_by_ninja_kid150-d9fk4a1.gif
    [completed question] You are on an island with citizens who look the same on the outside, but are different on the inside. The following 3 types appear on the island:

However, I think this answer to this question is "normals" because "I am not a Knight" can be both a true and false statement.

I agree. If either a knight or a villain says it, it'll be a paradox.

You are on an island with citizens who look the same on the outside, but are different on the inside. The following 3 types appear on the island:

A normal

We have all the pieces. :smiley: If the third riddle is right, we just need to assemble two more riddles

I will try to gather all the pieces we already gathered and the pieces that are left
    c6fj8ujnodut.png

You are on an island with citizens who look the same on the outside, but are different on the inside. The following 3 types appear on the island:

A normal

CORRECT!
    Banner.png
    edited April 2020
    What we have:

What day is it?

The day is Thursday.

A normal

c6fj8ujnodut.png
    edited April 2020

A normal

CORRECT!

The bus slows down with 5 km/h and is now only driving with 10 km/h.

You had 39:50 hours left at the time of locking in. This gets multiplied with 1,50, you now have 59,75 hours left, counting from when Ice answered.

New deadline is Sunday 23:45 my time, aka 21:45 GMT.
    Post edited by M13Vulpecula on
    Banner.png
    SMALL RULE ADDITION:

Once a riddle has been answered incorrectly, it's ineligible for future corrections. Another riddle must be answered correctly in it's place.
    Banner.png
    These are left:
    Ice's Clues

2 - /rs later than the time the boy thought he saw on the clock at home.

At what time did the boy arrive at school?

3 - /s a proposal. If it's not accepted Pirate 5 is thrown overboard and the next pirate has to propose something. And so forth.

What should Pirate 5 propose?

4 - /rs. There are more citizens than there are hairs on the head of any single citizen.

What is the flamboyant/overzealous (I am so confused since I saw two translations)/

My clues:

2 - /rives after twenty minutes. At that moment the school clock shows a time that is two and a half hou/

3 - A street has 100 houses. The houses are numbe/

4 - /kies when they notice a duck swimming around. They land in the po/

Kelvin's clues:

2 - /ieces and they have to divide them. Assuming the aforementioned 3 traits how should the bounty be divided? First Pirate 5 doe/

4 - A huntsman leaves his cabin in the morning and walks a kilometer to the south. There he sees a bear which he fol/

Smarties' Clues:

1 - A man is standing in front of a painting portraying a man, and tells u/

2 - /eter straight to the North, to the cabin where he left that morning.

What's the colour of the bear?

5 - In an Italian town the following facts apply:

No citizens have the same number of hairs. Not a single citizen has exactly 40360 hai/

Ninja's clues:

1 - /red 1 to 100. How many nines are there in all those numbers?

2 - /est possible amount of citizens this town can have (given that there's not an infinite amount of citizens?)

3 - /lows for a kilometer straight to the east. After he shot the bear he drags it for a kilom/

4 - A boy at home is looking via a mirror to the clock. Then he leaves to school by bike, where he ar/

5 - /land, then to the terrace and back to the duck three times?

c6fj8ujnodut.png
    For me it seems like there are more possible riddles than we need, is that correct? @M13Vulpecula
    c6fj8ujnodut.png
    I found one!

A street has 100 houses. The houses are numbered 1 to 100. How many nines are there in all those numbers?

Answer: 11 Times
    (9, 19, 29, 39, 49, 59, 69, 79, 89, 99)
    c6fj8ujnodut.png
    YJB19299 wrote: »
    For me it seems like there are more possible riddles than we need, is that correct? @M13Vulpecula

There might be.
    Banner.png