Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Roadmap Speculation thread: What will we get?

Comments

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    I'm hoping the Next Pack is a Romance Pack. So much of that aspect is missing from TS4. Missing slowdancing,attraction system,cuddling and kissing in bed,online dating and blind dates and so much more. Prehaps we could get honeymoons and a honeymoon destination and working cinemas.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    YES PLEASE. We so need better romance, better L'Amour sleepwear, intimate dances, wedding veils, honeymoon & Niagara Falls.
  • davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    edited April 2020
    I really don't see a point in guessing since they said it was something not seen in the Sims. Could be Simlantis, could be an Afterlife one since it was on a survey, could be petting zoo with woodland animals such as deer, rabbits, ect. that you can visit and maybe add to your home, could be a dangerous/wills/Goth/Grim type, could be a wedding planner pack with rings, new cakes, many new dresses, ect.( we have seen it, but not a wedding planner career or planning a wedding or buying rings) , an attraction system, a ski resort, ect. If we can't guess, that makes me nervous, because we lack so much for normal households, infants are still worse than cats/dogs, and there are still so many jobs not listed or if they are, like babysitting, it isn't hands on like in the Sims3. Riders for toddlers, more pool stuff, more exercise equipment that we don't have, more playground equipment we don't have, more toys, apartments/hotels that everyone would love, and maybe a cruise ship.

jcp011c2 wrote: »
    I'm thinking now Farming will not be the EP, but will be the GP instead. I really do think we will get it one way or another. What that leaves for the EP, not sure. There's no way it's the winter/alpined/romantic theme that they had in the survey. Even before the virus that wasn't going to be likely be before end of 2020. No idea actually on with the EP could be.

Oh! I just had the thought. maybe the EP is a time travel EP with both past and future travel.

If farming is a GP, then they might as well not make it. The EPs we are getting in the Sims 4 only has two animals, Cats & Dogs. People talk about farming being a GP, but there wouldn't be hardly any animals, no equipment, and just a bunch of junk that has nothing to do with work or farming. People keep requesting stuff that has zero to do with farming like horses(equestrian racing, non producing animal, which would be better in their own pack with pegasus and unicorns) and werewolves(which is hilarious because there has never been any werewolves on any real farms ever) and all those things would do is eat up all the resources and money that is suppose to be going to farming.

A real farm pack worth anything would have to be an EP and should be work related with animals that produce goods, and machinery to farm with. Tractors, haybalers, square/round hay bales, haystack, other farm feed and supplies, farming career(deals with animal raising, producing, and crops ), cows, pigs, goats, chickens(in other words, real farm producing animals), electric fences, barbwire fences, a farmer's Co-op to buy supplies and buy and sell animals, barns(premade and ability for builders to make their own), and real farm crops like peas, corn, green beans, and pinto beans. Recipes like soup beans, cornbread, ect. I would mention polk and greens, but I really want the crops above and we will be lucky to get three or four even with an EP.

What is very concerning is when simmers request fruits that belong in the tropics for farm crops or supernatural creatures in a farm pack that won't have what it needs to be a real farming pack to begin with. But packs have shown that they don't contain the number of items/gameplay that they did in the Sims3, that a main theme isn't closely adhered to which causes me to be upset when stuff that has absolutely zero to do with farming is mentioned in a real honest to goodness farm pack. I live in the most farm considered state in the US and on a farm and actually farming, so hearing about getting tropical fruits, supernatural animals, and dreading that if they did make a pack that they would fill it with furniture and junk that has zero to do with work is very concerning when I have requested this EP for nearly a decade.

Bottom line, we can get junk furniture, werewolves, equestrian animals, tropical fruits in any pack, but farming may never be revisited, so please if you even consider a farming pack, fill it with the equipment, the main four animals, the main farm crops, electric/barb wire fencing, barns, and a store to buy/sell them at and then if there is room, add more real farm crops like the greens/polk, maybe another farm animal like sheep where the wool could be used to make things, canning, maybe a windmill, cellar, garden hose, spicket, watering troughs, and go extremely light on CAS. We have poor looking furniture already and hopefully getting some that could make a farm look in the knitting pack, so please go light on the stuff in buy that has zero to do with farm work and an EP that is loaded with new farm related things like the ones mentioned above. There are loads of packs to go cheap on and use stuff from stuff we already have. A farming EP should be all about equipment, farm animals, and farm crops. Nearly all subjects have gotten what they wanted either in Sims 2 or 3, but real farming hasn't been successfully addressed.
    NO MORE SUPERNATURAL STUFF PLLLLEASEEEEEE
    I have always loved vampires in the Sims3 and had many there, although I never really messed with werewolves, fairies, genies, and witches. I did mess with plant sims and mermaids. We lack so much normal stuff in the Sims4 already. We have vampires, witches, and occasional plant sims(I hate they made them like that; they have them already there and should patch them in as a free life state). If they do any more at all, I hope they put all of them in one EP, because I will never buy them seperately except on a major sale. I have no desire for werewolves and the thought of a hard to get pack being spent on them is a horrible thought to me when we need hotels, freed infants, farming, more jobs and expanding on some we already have like babysitting into hands-on, more playground and exercise equipment that we don't already have in game, more wedding, houseboats, more CAS options for child boys, infants, toddlers, and elder sims. More nighttime clothes for all ages- long johns, gowns for girls(child and toddler), pretty clothes for females, character pjs for kids, toddlers, and even teens. Solutions in game for energy drinks and stuff that helps simmers who don't like leveling up. There is just so much that we need that I cringe everytime simmers talk about more supernatural; we already have several. If we went in that direction, I would rather expand on Grim and get yeti, unicorns that can easily be obtained this time, lochness in a body of water, ect.
  • SinaMegapolisSinaMegapolis Posts: 244 Member
    davina1221 wrote: »
    NO MORE SUPERNATURAL STUFF PLLLLEASEEEEEE
    I have always loved vampires in the Sims3 and had many there, although I never really messed with werewolves, fairies, genies, and witches. I did mess with plant sims and mermaids. We lack so much normal stuff in the Sims4 already. We have vampires, witches, and occasional plant sims(I hate they made them like that; they have them already there and should patch them in as a free life state). If they do any more at all, I hope they put all of them in one EP because I will never buy them separately except on a major sale. I have no desire for werewolves and the thought of a hard to get pack being spent on them is a horrible thought to me when we need hotels, freed infants, farming, more jobs and expanding on some we already have like babysitting into hands-on, more playground and exercise equipment that we don't already have in-game, more wedding, houseboats, more CAS options for child boys, infants, toddlers, and elder sims. More nighttime clothes for all ages- long johns, gowns for girls(child and toddler), pretty clothes for females, character PJs for kids, toddlers, and even teens. Solutions in-game for energy drinks and stuff that helps simmers who don't like leveling up. There is just so much that we need that I cringe every time simmers talk about more supernatural; we already have several. If we went in that direction, I would rather expand on Grim and get yeti, unicorns that can easily be obtained this time, lochness in a body of water, etc.

Both Vampires and Spellcasters got their own GP, and Vampires have been their best in the series.
    Since most people consider Werewolves to be an occult staple and pair them with Vampires and Spellcasters ("The Occult Trinity") it would be only fair if we got them in a GP too. Because as evidenced by mermaids and aliens they always get sidetracked if they go in an EP that's not supernatural.

And it's highly unlikely for EAxis to do a Supernatural EP at this point because we've got two packs exclusive to occults. The community would riot with "Then why did you seperate Vampires and Spellcasters" complaints if they did such a pack.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    And it's highly unlikely for EAxis to do a Supernatural EP at this point because we've got two packs exclusive to occults. The community would riot with "Then why did you seperate Vampires and Spellcasters" complaints if they did such a pack.

We got aliens, vampires, magic, and mermaids. Out of the usual supernaturals available in sims, only werewolfs and fairies are missing, so we might get those two in two separate packs just like we got the other ones.

SERVERFRA wrote: »
    YES PLEASE. We so need better romance, better L'Amour sleepwear, intimate dances, wedding veils, honeymoon & Niagara Falls.

Just the other day on Twitter I mentioned I'd like to have a world with Niagara Falls in it in The Sims 4.
  • Octavie88Octavie88 Posts: 140 Member
    Medieval (or some variation of it), Superheroes or Themeparks are my guesses. Unless they're just gonna make Strangerville the Sequel. No one ever said surprises had to be good
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    edited April 2020

I think I remember reading somewhere that a Guru had indicated Amusement Parks would not be happening. Which is a shame, I'd love it. Even with Sims 3, just taking content not stability into account, it and more exercise/sports activities were the only main things missing in that game. I was hoping they'd be able to do it for Sims 4. But hey, just because they said that then does not mean it can't change in the future.

TS3 has a lot of exercise/sports activities:

1) The usual gym equipment - treadmill, push up bar, muscle machine. Sims can also work out using TV or radio.
    2) Sims can jog, ice skate in frozen lakes and rinks, skate in rinks and travel by skates (with mod). 3) Sims can water-ski, wind-surf, surf, boating with all kinds of water vehicles and of course swimming most anywhere (pool or ocean).
    4) Sims can snowboard, play soccer, play catch with football or baseball, use climbing wall, play basketball.
    wintersnowboarding.gif
    summersoccer.gif
    Thumbnail_688x336.jpg
    Thumbnail_688x336.jpg
    5) Sims can also do archery.
    Thumbnail_688x336_ADD1.jpg
    6) And of course, my favorite - scuba diving!
    the-sims-3-island-paradise-16345.jpg
    Scuba Diving Skill Guide by SimsVIP
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SeSL6F2xT_o

Plus TS3 also has the Boardwalk, carnival and fair venues:
    Thumbnail_688x336.jpg
    Thumbnail_688x336_ADD8.jpg

Someone even modded in a ferris wheel!

TS3 has a lot of stuff people are waiting for in TS4. So get TS3 to play while waiting for the stuff in TS4!

TS3 won't play on Vista or lower anymore cause Origin no longer supports Vista. Without Origin you can't play TS3.

Sure you can still play TS3 - in Steam! That doesn't require Origin.

• SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    I dreamed this night that we got a "Family Fun" EP, and it was supposed to be Generations, but was not as good as Generations, it had weird features that weren't suitable for a Generations EP, but I don't remember which ones.
  • mimilu04mimilu04 Posts: 83 Member

I think I remember reading somewhere that a Guru had indicated Amusement Parks would not be happening. Which is a shame, I'd love it. Even with Sims 3, just taking content not stability into account, it and more exercise/sports activities were the only main things missing in that game. I was hoping they'd be able to do it for Sims 4. But hey, just because they said that then does not mean it can't change in the future.

TS3 has a lot of exercise/sports activities:

1) The usual gym equipment - treadmill, push up bar, muscle machine. Sims can also work out using TV or radio.
    2) Sims can jog, ice skate in frozen lakes and rinks, skate in rinks and travel by skates (with mod). 3) Sims can water-ski, wind-surf, surf, boating with all kinds of water vehicles and of course swimming most anywhere (pool or ocean).
    4) Sims can snowboard, play soccer, play catch with football or baseball, use climbing wall, play basketball.
    wintersnowboarding.gif
    summersoccer.gif
    Thumbnail_688x336.jpg
    Thumbnail_688x336.jpg
    5) Sims can also do archery.
    Thumbnail_688x336_ADD1.jpg
    6) And of course, my favorite - scuba diving!
    the-sims-3-island-paradise-16345.jpg
    Scuba Diving Skill Guide by SimsVIP
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SeSL6F2xT_o

Plus TS3 also has the Boardwalk, carnival and fair venues:
    Thumbnail_688x336.jpg

Someone even modded in a ferris wheel!

TS3 has a lot of stuff people are waiting for in TS4. So get TS3 to play while waiting for the stuff in TS4!

TS3 won't play on Vista or lower anymore cause Origin no longer supports Vista. Without Origin you can't play TS3.

Sure you can still play TS3 - in Steam! That doesn't require Origin.

Steam stopped supporting XP and Vista last year.
  • Carl_Veluz1992Carl_Veluz1992 Posts: 500 Member
    We want Cars with Garages with The Sims 2-esque animation as well as Selectable Babies with strollers
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    edited April 2020

I looked it up and you if you still want to run TS3 on Windows Vista, you can still play it on an older version of Origin, but not access new features of Origin.

"With the release of the new Origin, Origin has made it clear that they’ve dropped support for older operating systems going forward. If you are still running on Windows Vista or older, you will still be able to play your games, but you will not have access to new features.

What does this mean? It means that you can still use an older version of Origin to download and play your current games, redeem codes, and make in-game purchases, but you will have to use the online Origin Store to make purchases and change your account settings."

- Origin Drops Support for Windows Vista (and Older) Operating Systems, by SimsVIP (October 30, 2016)

-=<*>=-

mimilu04 wrote: »

Ah okay! I think this is a moot reason not to play TS3 through. Windows XP came out in 2001 and Windows Vista came out in 2006. TS3 came out in 2009 so those OSs were included in its minimum specs. But now we're in 2020 - who still uses those operating systems for their computers to play games on nowadays? Lol!

They can also move to an older version of Origin if they want to hang on to their Windows Vista.

I think people are just desperately reaching. TS3 is still the better game. It simply has more fun gameplay and activities than TS4. A much better value for your money!

-=<*>=-

Consequently, TS4 can't play on these systems even if it claims to run on older computers when TS3 can!

Post edited by ClarionOfJoy on
  • vincentvega8899vincentvega8899 Posts: 103 Member
    It’s a sports pack
  • cemason004cemason004 Posts: 6 New Member
    The more I think about this, the more I wouldn't mind a wedding/dating pack. Make sims weddings more detailed. Get permission from the brides parents, plan a honeymoon, do a bridal shower. Would love if a baby shower party was put in there somewhere.

I had a sim pass away today in my game. A funeral pack would be pretty cool too. A sim goes straight from death to tomb stone. Having a funeral where all the sims showed up. Sims who could decrease sad emotions by doing this, people who were upset with the sim could show up to make sure the sim was dead. And the sims side peice. Could create lots of drama.

Anyway. I hope they release something soon because I'm getting stir crazy.

I looked it up and you if you still want to run TS3 on Windows Vista, you can still play it on an older version of Origin, but not access new features of Origin.

"With the release of the new Origin, Origin has made it clear that they’ve dropped support for older operating systems going forward. If you are still running on Windows Vista or older, you will still be able to play your games, but you will not have access to new features.

What does this mean? It means that you can still use an older version of Origin to download and play your current games, redeem codes, and make in-game purchases, but you will have to use the online Origin Store to make purchases and change your account settings."

- Origin Drops Support for Windows Vista (and Older) Operating Systems, by SimsVIP (October 30, 2016)

-=<*>=-

mimilu04 wrote: »

Ah okay! I think this is a moot reason not to play TS3 through. Windows XP came out in 2001 and Windows Vista came out in 2006. TS3 came out in 2009 so those OSs were included in its minimum specs. But now we're in 2020 - who still uses those operating systems for their computers to play games on nowadays? Lol!

They can also move to an older version of Origin if they want to hang on to their Windows Vista.

I think people are just desperately reaching. TS3 is still the better game. It simply has more fun gameplay and activities than TS4. A much better value for your money!

-=<*>=-

Consequently, TS4 can't play on these systems even if it claims to run on older computers when TS3 can!

No Origin recently did away with the older version of Origin I forget the name but it will no longer work on that version for Vista or lower. I got a pop-up about it.
    They say the GP is something they ve never done before.

Space Pack?
  • graventhegraventhe Posts: 1,330 Member
    Something most of you didn't understand that EA this time is bringing unexpected packs LITERALLY so that means nothing most of us expect..like what they did with strangeville..

So no werewolves or romance pack since they're expected..sadly

I'm afraid farming will be categorized as expected even if it was never done before bcus alot of people talking about it..
    I'm expecting Superheros or something similar very unexpected mentioned in surveys..
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,351 Member
    graventhe wrote: »
    Something most of you didn't understand that EA this time is bringing unexpected packs LITERALLY so that means nothing most of us expect..like what they did with strangeville..

So no werewolves or romance pack since they're expected..sadly

I'm afraid farming will be categorized as expected even if it was never done before bcus alot of people talking about it..
    I'm expecting Superheros or something similar very unexpected mentioned in surveys..

I think it's not unreasonable to hope the Expansion Pack is something that falls in the "I'd like X, but I don't think Maxis will ever do it" category. But I'm not getting myself so hyped that if it isn't anything in that category, I won't be disappointed that it wasn't what I wanted. The Game Pack should be entirely new, because they said it's something they've never done.
  • GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,291 Member
    They say the GP is something they ve never done before.

Space Pack?

Omgosh! I would actually really love this

ZaCdvm9.png
  • lovemy4slovemy4s Posts: 153 Member
    I’ve seen a few people mention historical theme such as medieval or renaissance or even “roaring twenties”. I would LOVE any kind of historical theme but how would it be possible when I townies can travel from neighborhood to neighborhood? Your sim is in the middle of King’s Landing sword fighting when all of a sudden Bob Pancakes come strolling in his shorts and t-shirt. I just don’t see how it’s possible to separate your historical neighborhood with the modern people unless I’m missing something, if so please tell me.
  • mspr1ntmspr1nt Posts: 51 Member
    I have this wild theory that it is going to be related to some sort of time travel ... I know people think the patch notes probably just spoke about the lockdown restrictions on travel, but I've been over analysing ever since...especially since there is this weird glitch where sometimes Sims go to Sulani to catch a tan and seem to revert to teens - and back to adults when the tan wears off.

There are some great fan theories that makes me think it might be a theme-inspired something or the other (like Westworld lite without all the murder and whatever) where we finally find out the truth about the Goth family and whether they've been time travelling since Victorian times all along and Bella Goth never actually vanished
  • AedanStarfangAedanStarfang Posts: 272 Member
    It’s a sports pack

I'd be okay with this actually, as long as it also came with a traditional sports career (not bodybuilder) and maybe a new one like sports-medicine or coach.
  • popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    It’s a sports pack

I would LOVE this! I’ve always thought that Stuff Packs should include objects, events, and maybe a new job or two to support a specific hobby or interest. Whether it’s ghost hunting, crafting, winemaking, or SPORTS(!), etc.

I’d love to have Sims go jogging with a friend, toss a baseball or football back and forth, sports viewing party (Super Bowl, World Cup, idc). I’d also like more out-of-home events Sims can do with their skills like (not sports-related) enter a baking competition or (sports-related) sign up for an upcoming 5K or marathon. Just a few ideas but sports are definitely a missing piece for me.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,351 Member
    A sports pack would be cool, even though I'm not normally into sports that aren't the Olympics or the Chicago Cubs. But as neither are happening this summer...
  • ThunderNebThunderNeb Posts: 55 Member
    The New Expansion Pack has got to be a Minecraft rip off pack. It's gotta be! Not just farming, but mining for precious ores and building materials. No more day jobs for my sims. My cash flow comes from the ground. Deep down in the ground. Then, late at night zombies, skeletons, vampires, and creapers attack. Dont worry, I made diamond armor and custom steel doors. Whether I use my trusty diamond sword or nifty crossbow, I will defend my Sim household! Maybe?