Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

**TS3* Build-n-Share Challenge #236 **Empty Nest** **Due 31st March 2021**

Comments

• StephStebStephSteb Posts: 2,271 Member
    I am downloading all of these builds with glee! I love them all, you guys are so talented!!! <3
  • creativemetaphorcreativemetaphor Posts: 1,543 Member
    edited April 2020
    Woo!! Revamp is done and comes in at 179,979!

Sneak peek:
    screenshot-3.jpg
  • seabenseaben Posts: 631 Member
    @creativemetaphor I'm shocked you built a mansion for the Easter challenge with only a 180k budget 🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯
    my sims 3 shell challenges https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/974534/the-sims-3-shell-challenge-corner-challenge-4-due-july-31th/p1 or check out my sims blog https://seabensims.wordpress.com/ my Wishlist is seaben06 on the sims 3 store and my oid is also seaben06
  • ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    edited April 2020
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM #225 - A Tiny Hangout

NAME: ADWilson
    LINK TO LOT: Fruit Salad
    LINK TO MEDIA: BnS 225
    OPTIONAL CHALLENGE: n/a
    LEVEL: Intermediate
    LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST: 20x15; 3 Mango Way in Sunlit Tides; $29,968 (does not include the cost of the lot)
    LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: Fruit Salad was built for Guy Orange at 3 Mango Way.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes, please and thank you
    CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED: n/a
    SPACE FOR PICTURES: (limit 2)
    fs-front.jpg
    fs-sunset.jpg
    Post edited by ADWilson on
    Back to give others well deserved studio rec's while admiring what y'all have built.

@creativemetaphor Love the beach-themed party pad you made for Guy! The shark bean bag chair makes me laugh. Have never combined the clothes rack with a dresser ... clever idea that will be borrowed. Have no idea how you managed to fit so much, using the budgeted amount ... am impressed like always!

@StephSteb The orange, wood and stone creates a striking exterior! A basement AND two floors ... wow!! 2 bedrooms & 2 bathrooms, impressive. Guy's bedroom/art studio loft is terrific and I like how you left plenty of space for displaying the paintings and sculptures he makes. The chill spot is quite nice, too.

@seaben You've managed to do a lot with your budget ... including a porch and balcony! The exterior is rather striking and the interior continues this way too. Lots of rich, bold colors and wood ... very nice!! It feels modern and yet has a hint of Asian inspired decorating to it. Plenty of walls for adding personal touches as Guy earns money and further expands his personal style.

@ciane Like always, you are a whiz at creating builds that maximize space and use of items for whatever budget you're given! Plenty of room for Guy and his friends to hang out. Nice open area with all kinds of tech-driven activities so that Guy won't be bored with living in this small space. Mixing higher priced ticket items (bed and bath for good moods) with less expensive things in other areas is a very good idea.

@iampes23 The teal/turquoise roof really draws the eye! I agree with your description from the top down. The name is an amusing one. I like the rustic, weathered look and re-purposing of items. Lots of fun things to do and so many decks/balconies with gorgeous views ... lovely!! The garbage chute is a really good idea for a Sim who doesn't want to spend time taking out the trash. Your cc items makes it look lived in.

@Kgaff You are adept at staying within budget and creating a space that offers a lot! Two floors, 1.5 bathrooms, nice landscaping and a ping pong table ... this place is perfect for a guy going of to Uni!! Your use of walls and a dividers to create separate areas within the main room is quite clever. The different colors and patterns work really together but that has always been something you're known for.

Hope I haven't overlooked anyone.
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    Love the sneaky peek @creativemetaphor.

Another great beach lot @ADWilson. Love the layout and all the great things you packed in it!
    @ADWilson Another awesome beach house! OMG I love the laundry nook you put on the porch, that's awesome!

As for mine, buydebug is great for adding lots of stuff for free or cheap - I think almost the entirety of my landscaping outside of the furniture and some plants in the corner was free - the rock wall, the planters, the bouys... :D

@seaben When I got to thinking about it, we did that entire huge Regency build with only 120, 180 was a breeze! (Once I got my SIZE under control LOL)

@ciane thanks! Working on screenshots today
    Thanks for the lovely compliments @ciane & @creativemetaphor :)
    Oh! I always forget to do buydebug, thanks for mentioning it. One day I might remember to do it, lol
  • KgaffKgaff Posts: 1,614 Member

@ADWilson Wow another cool beach house. I love the way you did all the windows, it's perfect for the spot you chose. Also loving the name and location and that sunset picture is great with the "half" moon! Oh, and I just spotted that bar, I forgot about one of those. Great build :)
    Thank you for the kind words @Kgaff :)
    Ha ha ... As I looked at everyone's builds, I saw things I wished I had used or considered using. That's one of the neat things about participating in fun build challenges like this, you learn new things to incorporate another time.
    edited April 2020
    UNOFFICIAL ENTRY FORM - Easter Bonus Challenge
    NAME: creativemetaphor
    LINK TO LOT: Warren Hall - no cc
    LINK TO MEDIA: Warren Hall (Easter Estate)
    OPTIONAL CHALLENGE: n/a
    LEVEL: advanced
    LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST: custom placed 30x40 (Bounty Drive) Riverview, final cost 179,985
    LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: Warren Hall is the perfect home for the extensive new family of Mr and Mrs Cottontail. It has everything they need now including ample room for their family to grow (as in, grow up) so they can meet the ever-changing needs of their children as they age through life.

The main entry has elegant landscaping as you approach the front door, with fountains, flowers and hedges. As you enter, to the right there are living, dining, and powder rooms for formal entertaining and having friends and family over. The laundry room is next to the large eat-in country kitchen with one wall dedicated to the pantry cabinets.

On the other side of the foyer hall is the the arts and crafts room, all set for the job of Easter-time, with an easel for art, a dying vat, lots of plants for making natural dyes, cut reeds for basket weaving, and shelves stocked with bunnies, eggs, and more. Behind that is the family/play room with toys, play pen, high chairs, seating for the adults, and the family TV. Furniture will come and go as the kids age and their needs change. Outside the family room is the stair to the unfinished basement, offering ample room for the house to expand into as needed.

The bedrooms are upstairs - luxurious master suite, with a spa-tub and fountain for relaxing, separate toilet, walk-in shower, and double sinks.

Behind the suite is Mr Cottontail's study for when he needs his quite or work-space. The stairs to the attic are also on this side of the house, and Mr Cottontail's work-out area is currently in one of the attic gables where he can look out over the back yard as well as the surrounding country-side. The attic also affords more room to expand into.

The children's rooms are each furnished with three cribs - color coded to tell them apart - a changing station, toy box, and rocking chair for mom or dad to snuggle with the kids. Each room also has one and a half-baths adjoining to ensure ample access to everyday needs as the children grow.

The back yard has a patio area for eating outside or relaxing beside the pond - which allows Mrs Cottontail to grow her own reeds for basket weaving on site. It also has the chicken coop which supplies the family with ample eggs for coloring! There is also a playground area for the kids.

Upload has a few routing issues fixed (shown as discrepancies in a few pictures), and fully upgraded to fireproof/unbreakable. A few things that moved - the dining room fireplace and bar swapped sides, and I had to move the door into the kitchen which rearranged where the canning station ended up.

The only thing added to the upload is a burglar alarm not in the budgeted build. But y'all, look, I actually *shared* a build and share! LOL so rare!

SPACE FOR PICTURES: (limit 2)
    screenshot-3.jpg
    Post edited by creativemetaphor on
    @creativemetaphor Your exterior looks stunning! Am amazed at how quickly you & @ciane finished the Easter Bonus Challenge. Will ooh and ah after I've made my decision to build or not build. I tend to create mid-sized homes so part of me wants to challenge myself and the other part wants to run run run LOL
    @creativemetaphor - LOVE the name, the gardens, the colors! I love that you included a reed pond and and a chicken coop to help with the basket making and, of course, the Easter eggs! Great job.
    @ADWilson @ciane Thank you both! I was *very* inspired, and very determined to stick to the build I had envisioned when I read the brief! LOL I'm actually still surprised I made it all work so well. I also pretty much scoured every category to pull out every single rabbit related item or pattern I could find!
    Yknow... I wasn't gonna make the family... so of course now I'm making the family...

I suppose quarantine, even when working, demands extra creative outlets
  • StephStebStephSteb Posts: 2,271 Member
    Thank you @ADWilson <3 Orange is my favorite color so I just took it and ran with it, lol. I love your build as well! I didn't even think about adding the bonfire and juice kegger, that's perfect! Yay, another tiny beach home for my simmies :)

@creativemetaphor Wow, Warren Hall is amazing! I love it!
    @StephSteb Thank you! I am really happy with it. I actually tried taking the eggs from my sims inventory and 'hiding' them around the lot but I couldn't really get good pictures of them and I was afraid they'd go bad so I took them out again.
    Cottontail Family Album

Meet the Cottontail Family

Peter Cottontail - Athletic, Bookworm, Family-Oriented, Loves the outdoors, Vegetarian. His favorites are classical music, Autumn Salad, and Lime green.

Lily Cottontail - Artistic, Family Oriented, Natural Cook, Nurturing, Vegetarian. Her favorites are Indie music, Fruit Parfait, and Yellow.

Rose Cottontail - Athletic, Loves the Outdoors. Her favorites are Indie music, Crepes, and Red.

Saffron Cottontail - Perceptive, Virtuoso. Her favorites are Songwriter music, Spaghetti with Veggie Sauce, and Orange.

Amber Cottontail - Artistic, Loves the Outdoors. Her favorites are Classical music, Keylime Pie, and Yellow.

Forrest Cottontail - Brave, Disciplined. His favorites are Rock music, Veggie Burger, and Green.

Indigo Cottontail - Artistic, Virtuoso. His favorites are Classical music, Crepes, and Blue.

Trystine Cottontail - Genius, Easily Impressed. His favorites are Electronica, Cobbler, and Purple.

• aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    edited April 2020
    Just a couple of quick ones: does the study have to have its own room? does the bedroom have to have a door?

Edit: is it only living space that counted toward half of the lot or do, for example, cantilevers count, too?
    Post edited by aricarai on
    Glad you are excited to join in @aricarai! I'm thinking since originally it was planned to only be a fourth the size, that the whole house should stick to half the lot, but... what do I know?
  • seabenseaben Posts: 631 Member
    i'm excited i can finely build the easter bonus challenge house i haven't been able to sense i've been building saint marks basilica and because of seting up this shell challenge thread https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/974534/the-sims-3-shell-challenge-corner-challenge-1-due-april-30th/p1?new=1 if any one wants to check out my tread please do
    my sims 3 shell challenges https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/974534/the-sims-3-shell-challenge-corner-challenge-4-due-july-31th/p1 or check out my sims blog https://seabensims.wordpress.com/ my Wishlist is seaben06 on the sims 3 store and my oid is also seaben06
  • iampes23iampes23 Posts: 704 Member
    aricarai wrote: »
    Just a couple of quick ones: does the study have to have its own room? does the bedroom have to have a door?

Edit: is it only living space that counted toward half of the lot or do, for example, cantilevers count, too?

The study and bedroom can just be areas, so no doors needed. All of the house, including cantilevers, must be within half of the lot. I hope that helps. :D
    iampes23 wrote: »
    aricarai wrote: »

The study and bedroom can just be areas, so no doors needed. All of the house, including cantilevers, must be within half of the lot. I hope that helps. :D

Definitely does, maaaay need to go back to the drawing board :flushed::lol:
    I swear I'm not trying to be a pain :lol: but just want to make sure the above includes decks too?
    For example, if you placed your house 20x15, then you only have 10x15 to work with, correct

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top