Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims getting too much buff on me (I need different proportions) not all of them buff

maverickhawkmaverickhawk Posts: 53 Member
edited April 2020 in Forum Ideas & Feedback
Certainaly this problem or issue is making me furious. I switch sims families alot. However, they get all super buff muscle on me. Certianly there is a option that allows them to exercise but not on their own. Removing exercise machines and pools usually helps the issue to a point. I need variety sim proportions not all of them getting super human on me LOL. This ends up happening alot even with the music machines, they end up sometimes working out even if I did not label it as a gym :? and I labeled it as a dance club. I need my sims how I want them for characters and well I cant make them swim b/c they rapidly lose weight and gain muscle. I like some women sims muscular and some not. I like men sims muscular and some not. Some fat and some really skinny. This game needs a option that allows the sim to not workout or to workout. I mean surely if I want a sim from a family to workout or not workout when I leave them alone playing another family well there should be a option to turn it off or on for each sim in any family. I think you get my point? Also just being in a pool and slightly swimming your not going to lose weight or gain muscle just playing in a pool but a choice of working out hard you do. Certainly I tend like my sims have the same proportions I started with them. However removing music machines and pool well I just lost my gameplay on pool parties or dance clubs. Surely enough a fat kid splashing everyone makes the game fun but him swimming he rapidly loses weight and gains muscle and well I lost that fun. If I make a choice of him to really workout in a pool well thats when I want him to get muscular and lose weight and same with a female. If I leave he or she alone well they end up working out on me and then my characters are ruined going to a different family. Surely we like to do stuff with our sims like kill them (I dont really LOL) and whatever we can think of on different characters and doing things with them, thats what makes sims fun. My point I hate the fact all of them get super buff on me. Im not trying to be sexist (edit: I was tired at the time-I put racist-Don't know why I messed that up?-Habit of getting them switched when I was younger) but its like all my sims look like they took STERIODS or there is a plague of Super-Humans going on once I see them walking around in my sim city on Nightlife if they worked out; thats what ends up happening to me. I need different proportions on my sims and not all of them getting so muscular on me eventually. Some I do though in both genders but not all of them. This well make the game more better and entertaining. :wink:
Post edited by maverickhawk on

Comments

• MissCeeMissCee Posts: 1,309 Member
    edited December 2013
    Understand you maverickhawk, I'm not a fan of too many muscles either.

If I'm in CAS looking for a new victim, er make that Sim to start a story with, I make it a point to push the slider all the way left.

If I'm in game and the Sim doesn't look too corded or grotesque I ignore them as long as they aren't in my Sim family.

Maybe our Simmies are trying to encourage us toward a more physically fit lifestyle heh? :shock:

<3Blessings,
    MissCee
  • maverickhawkmaverickhawk Posts: 53 Member
    edited December 2013
    Anyone else agree? :?:
  • TheMomminatorTheMomminator Posts: 4,215 Member
    edited December 2013
    Only Athletic sims will workout spontaneously for me so I would definitely avoid that trait if you haven't already. If you choose Couch Potato, they'll avoid working out like the plague.

Also make sure there is a lot to do in the houses besides workout. My sims gravitate towards musical instruments, books, the trampoline and the computer a lot.
    edited December 2013
    My problem is that as I said is that sometimes they work out (THATS WITHOUT THE-ATHLETIC TRAIT)happens sometimes but not often. For the most part it would be nice to have the sims swim but not affect the weight or muscle unless you decide to make them workout in a pool. Having all my sims fit well like a Superman that just too much for me. I rather keep my sims more in line of the same proportions I made them. Sims should workout like you have a choice rather than you leave them alone and play another family and whoops you go to a gym and your sim from a different is working out; ruins one of your sims. Even without the trait they decide to workout. I mean seriously why can't they have a toggle switch to decide which sim can workout and which ones not. It will help keep all sims more in proportions rather than all of them getting muscle and losing weight. It will help the sims be in a better proportion world of variety of different body shapes-Fat,Skinny,Fit,Muscular,etc. Also just by having a toggle switch to turn on or off of working out or running, etc. Just you can toggle each sim to not workout...Its more simple to do that way though. For the most part I have the ideas just there has to be more control to keep all the sims going Superman or Superwoman on me. For the most part Im losing my gameplay of having pool partys and sim hours later THE HECK THEY GET SUPERMAN ON ME THAT FAST? I like to have my sims skinny, fat, muscular, fit, etc of different proportions. Im sorry but this happens to me alot and Im seriously going frustrated with the results. They end up choosing a athletic career without the athletic skill trait and end up working out or simply if they just want to run around outside for a jog or with the music machines to workout. I play different families rather than just creating a new world, thats pathetic and it wastes hard-drive space :x :roll: and its totally ruining the gameplay.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • PirateJandcatsPirateJandcats Posts: 635 Member
    edited December 2013
    I agree. Especially when my sims seem to inherit muscles from their parents which makes no sense. I only want toned sims that say have the athletic skill. I also never seem to get fat sims unless I make them fat, maybe sims with the couch potato trait or something should be more prone to putting on weight.
    edited January 2014
    For the most part I really just want something that allows sims to swim without losing weight & gaining muscle; affecting the sliders. Much like a toggle to workout in a pool. Choose the workout in pool toggle, you get to lose weight & gain muscle; the sliders are affected. With the just swim toggle they dont lose weight & gain muscle; the sliders are not affected. This will help keep the sims from rapid growth and enhance the gameplay from being so limited. Basically I wish EA will fix this issue! I like keep my sims the way I have them. Also I dont make them eat really. Im a guy that uses TestingCheatsEnabled True. So really I just dont need my sims eating like a horse to keep them inline with their weight but on second thought, I dont want them gaining weight; just the same proportions. Come to think of EA just failed with metabolism on sims on how they gain or lose weight & muscle gain. So truely KEEP IT DOWN LOW & not so realistic its literally impossible to make something like that. TRUELY EA I DONT WANT ALL MY SIMS BUFF! I WANT THEM THE SAME PROPORTIONS USUALLY! Hey if I want them to gain weight, I will over feed them & if I want them to gain muscle, I have them on the weight machines or running, but I need something that does not make them run around town or gain muscle & workout (Basically Working Out), unless I toggle them to do so when leaving a family to play another family. Also Im not worried about them eating too much if they have a couch potato trait & therefore making them over eat. Usually leaving them alone with no weight machines, no community pools, etc, the sliders are not affected at all & Im limited on MY GAMEPLAY. ENOUGH SAID! Frustrated! Really I just want my swim gameplay :-( Also just being in a spa the sliders are not affected :) but still lost of gameplay in pool.

& EXCUSE ME ON MY EDITING SO MANY TIMES...ITS HARD ON THINKING THIS OUT TO MAKE IT WORK OUT FOR GAMEPLAY. BASICALLY WHAT I SAID ON THIS POST WILL ENHANCE THE GAMEPLAY DRAMATICALLY. GRAMMAR ERRORS WAS LOL & TYPOS ADDED ON TO IT TOO LOL.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    edited March 2014
    EA PLEASE TAKE THIS AND ENHANCE THE GAMEPLAY OF THIS! Lots are agreeing with me.
    edited March 2014
    For the most part I really just want something that allows sims to swim without losing weight & gaining muscle; affecting the sliders. Much like a toggle to workout in a pool. Choose the workout in pool toggle, you get to lose weight & gain muscle; the sliders are affected. With the just swim toggle they dont lose weight & gain muscle; the sliders are not affected. This will help keep the sims from rapid growth and enhance the gameplay from being so limited. Also make it so that nothing is affected since they are not working out anyway when leaving them alone and playing a different family This is what happens to me all the time EA IM SICK OF THE RAPID GROWTH OF MUSCLES!
    edited May 2014
    Did it again EA...fix this and one thing to say my sims are working out at clubs and I dont EVEN LABEL IT AS GYM! :x
    By the way...SOLVED WITH MOD.
  • KatAnubisKatAnubis Posts: 3,241 Member
    By the way...SOLVED WITH MOD.

That is often helpful.

Oddly enough, I have the opposite problem that you have. My sims never seem to exercise and tend to get flabby and fat.

I guess it depends on the bodies that you start them with as well as the traits you start them with.
  • EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    Hey folks, considering this thread has been inactive for quite some time I'm going to close it off. For further info about necroposting you can go here
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top