Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So have you played a lot of TS4 in lockdown?

Comments

• Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,406 Member
    I played about the same amount of time as in 'normal' times, perhaps a bit less. I still have work, even if it is from home, the children are at home and ask for attention,... . So I can't say I have more time to spare.
    Nope. I still haven't touched the game since the end of 2018.

Then why are you on this forum? I absolutely don't mean this question in a mean way. I am just curious and want to understand why someone follows a forum about the sims 4 when they don't play the game anymore.
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    How is this a Pack discussion?
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    No, I haven't touched it actually lol. I love the game but I'm just too busy with my kid and homeschooling (somethign I did anyways, not to do with lockdown) I usually play Sims at work rather than home actually and now that I'm not working I haven't had much chance.
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Not sure how many hours a day I play, but I know I have at least two hundred-plus hours on my Origin page that weren't there in March. I know I have more hours that weren't counted because I played off line a lot as well. But as the weather continues to improve, we're spending more time outdoors getting the yard cleaned up after the windstorms that hit us. There is always something to be done when one lives on five acres that has many trees and our house and yard sit almost in the center of it all. Hubby finally found time to fix our greenhouse and is busy planting anything he thinks will grow so we can have fresh vegies on hand. LOL Along with working on his cars. I tinker around the yard, then play my game. I have been having so much fun with it these past few months, I can barely stay off my computer. I still have personal issues with Sims4, but I have finally found ways around most of those issues and tend not to dwell on them as much as I was. I'm just thankful to have games to play that help keep my mind off the global events happening right now. We have over ten thousand Washingtonians who have fallen ill with this virus, a few friends are among that group, and we take the time every day to keep everyone in our prayers. I am beyond grateful no one in our family has shown any symptoms. But I've been playing with the Slice of Life mod and sick Sims show up at my main Sim's house all the time. Kinda reminds me of the people that aren't paying attention to the stay at home order. I send them on their way using MCCC's 'make Sims leave' cheat. :D
  • netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    No more than I usually do but I am still working as I work for the nhs in the uk and unable to quarantine.
  • happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    I start it from time to time to work on a build, but I have no interest in current gameplay, and I don't have the patience to maintain mods needed to make it bearable.

The fact that Origin need so many useless updates does not help. Even if I were to want to play on a whim, that should be enough to stop me.
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member

Lol yeah I don't think that hiatus is about to be broken by a quarantine either :D
  • Christabelle73Christabelle73 Posts: 124 Member
    I get bored playing sims, I am a builder. I am always building. Being on lockdown is not new for me, I'm on disability and don't leave much either way. I have the game on from the time I turn on my computer, until I go to bed. Sometimes I can turn out 2 in a day, others it takes a few days. I'm working on a couple big homes now, and keep bouncing between them because it's alot of work to furnish them. My current project is a castle on the 64x64 lot with 4 floors, and probably 100+ rooms, I may switch to a small build just to get that sense of accomplishment. I do have a group of 4 sims that I am trying to skill up the no cheating way, but I have the mood decay disabled and play them on high speed, almost done with them. I also have a new save where I removed all the houses and will fill it with only mine, the founder turned out to be very pretty; she's a well off Sim that I use to play test my homes. I have been playing since Sims1, but I never played Sims3 because a friend in Dubai told me I'd hate the build mode. I only added Sims4 because I wanted to play on my laptop instead of my outdated Desktop with WinXP that I have Sims2 on. I wish Sims4 had all the build capabilities Sims2 had. But as I said 'Playing' sims is boring, but building is fun and I do it probably 9-12 hrs a day. Sometimes more.

For those of you that are bored and don't build, try the 100 baby challenge or the rags to riches challenge.
    Wait, they make fun of player requests on their streams?

A word comes to mind for that, but it isn't appropiate for this forum.

Yeah well, they don't outright make fun but it's just the way they talk about certain things ... It often feels like they think our feedback, wants and requests are just kinda ... standing in the way of whatever game THEY want to have. I can't even always put my finger on what puts me off in these moments, it's just these occasional little stabs at their consumers that really grind my gears. One rly stupid example from about 3 months ago that still annoys me is the talking toilet comment. Like, it really shouldn't be rocket science for them to figure out why people were so annoyed about the addition of that thing given that their players had been telling them for years that they're not into the whole angry poop/toilet humor thing TS4's got going. And yet, here they go on one of their streams saying stuff like "yeah we were so excited about the talking toilet, we thought it was so funny and would all stand around and laugh about it and then we finally released it, and everyone hated it LOL". And I'm just like - how is that even funny to you? Is this really what you think the game is about? Don't you want to understand why so many of these decisions frustrate your customers to no f* end and are often diametrically opposed to what they've actually been asking for?

And yeah I GET we don't all want the same things, but then do us a favor, and don't mention this kind of stuff or make other unnecessary little remarks that honestly make me feel like our feedback is just random drivel no one actually takes seriously over there. Or like they think most of their consumers are 16 years old, when that's just not true.

Look at me getting all negative. I'm TRYING not to be. I actually don't even hate this game, and when I really get into it, there's things I really really do like .. but this MASSIVE disconnect between them and their player base - especially compared to how other devs and game studios interact with their communities, and how they put so much care into the tiniest, most random little details of their games because they're a true labor of love, not just a way to make money - puts me off the whole thing more and more. It disappoints me more than the game itself, but it turns me away from the game too. And that's not actually something I want... I just dunno. Guess I needed to spill my guts huh.
    Sindocat wrote: »
    How is this a Pack discussion?

Yeah sorry that was an accident, did this on mobile :)

@EA_Mai can you move this to whichever forum category is appropriate? Sorry for the negativity, if there's a "random user negativity" section, feel free to throw it in there!
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    netney52 wrote: »
    No more than I usually do but I am still working as I work for the nhs in the uk and unable to quarantine.

@netney52 You are a hero!
  • joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    I haven't! I thought I would have been playing more because I had a couple of neat ideas. But, I've been reading mostly.
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    I played about the same amount of time as in 'normal' times, perhaps a bit less. I still have work, even if it is from home, the children are at home and ask for attention,... . So I can't say I have more time to spare.

Then why are you on this forum? I absolutely don't mean this question in a mean way. I am just curious and want to understand why someone follows a forum about the sims 4 when they don't play the game anymore.

Probably like me, to voice our opinion on a broken game, but somewhat want to see updates and deep down wanna see if they can redeem their selves with future packs because we all love this game series with our hearts?
  • qnoftheamazonqnoftheamazon Posts: 643 Member
    I play on and off. I purchased the base game 3 years ago, but didn't install until last year. Sales did have an influence on me getting GTW, DU, and 3 stuff packs. I'm not as devoted as I was with Sims 1-3. With those, I bought most of the eps and downloaded custom content. It will keep me entertained for periods of time, but I'm just avoiding required staff development.
    Atreya33 wrote: »

Let's not ask those kinds of laden questions, because they're not fair and, in this case, not accurate: this is a sims forum that also accommodates the older version, not just TS4. You don't need to play TS4 to be here, just like talking about the sims. :)
  • windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,372 Member
    Not a lot, but some. Right now my sims game is the sims 3. But I go back and forth, ts2, ts3, ts4 and back.
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • layix3nglayix3ng Posts: 111 Member
    I play the game the same as before lockdown, that is a few couple hours until boredom hits hard again lol

What I did more however, is play around mods and CCs (which I never did in the past), then keep those that make my gameplay more fun and engaging
    *insert cool siggy here*
  • netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    @calaprfy that is very kind of you to say. Thank you
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Not a lot, but more than usual. I have had time to set a 'gameflow' that so far has been working well. Im actually having some fun playing. But i get you op.
    telmarina wrote: »
    Not a lot, but more than usual. I have had time to set a 'gameflow' that so far has been working well. Im actually having some fun playing. But i get you op.

Glad you're having fun! In the end I wanna get back to that state, I know it's possible after all. Enjoy your game!
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    Not really. Perhaps a tad, but not noticable. Been more focused on reading, writing, and ship building.
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    I actually playing less.
  • SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    Not much as casual, I did play it a little bit but I have my sims 2 and sims 3 to care of too.
    Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »
    I actually playing less.

How come?
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »
    I actually playing less.

How come?

My husband is home, laid off due to a certain virus.