Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Y’all convinced me to played TS2 again..

simlicious2015simlicious2015 Posts: 373 Member
And I forgot how much fun it was. I used to have it in my windows 95 and I had a crap load of CC. Are there any websites (besides tumblr) that still makes CC for TS2?

Comments

• simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,837 Member
    You might want to check out this thread in the Sims 2 forum.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/974123/best-cc-for-the-sims-2#latest
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    TSR still has a lot of it.
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Glad you are enjoying <3 It true is one of the best <3.
  • MagnezoneMagnezone Posts: 212 Member
    edited April 2020
    The Sims 2 is my most played I have SO MUCH CC and script mods. This is going to be a long post, I apologise.

I have a script mods list on my blog in a post, and it's probably dated and I have likely downloaded more sinve, but I'll repost here for clarity. Simbology is probably the best place, honestly, then Mod The Sims, but there's stuff all around the web. There's a lot here, so I'll italicize everything I deem essential.

-Higher Odd Abductions – Abduction odds are absurdly low, this obviously isn't for everyone though, but I love occults and supernaturals and I mostly play in Strangetown where I feel it fits. There's a ton of other mods on that page too. I also use No Friends Needed For Careers from here, because if you had to befriend your coworkers and boss to be promoted, I’d keep it, but I don’t see why my child befriending random neighbourhood children would advance my career prospects, yet it does. The easiness of promotions is balanced out with Edukashun iz gud (mentioned later on).

-Child Support – Sims not living with their child will pay child support. This is not a necessary mod though.

-monique’s Hacked Computer – Adds tons of new features to the PC, including but not limited to banking and shopping. Highly recommended.

-Alien Pregnancy Male+Female – I feel aliens should be able to impregnate anyone. It doesn’t make sense to me that they can only impregnate men. Again, not important if you're unlike me and don't play with occults

-Toddlers Can Climb Stairs (if they can walk)– They can do it in The Sims 4, so I’m made them able to do it in The Sims 2. I find Toddlers annoying, this makes them slightly less annoying.

-Edukashun iz gud – Sims are limited on how far they can progress in their careers based on their education level. This way I just don't send sims who I don't want to progress far to uni, or make them get lower grades.

-Community Skilling – Allows for skilling on community lots like in later games. I'd say this was essential.

-Faster Novel Writing – Novels just take forever usually to the point where I didn't even bother with them. This makes them a viable way to make money, though still generally not as good as a normal career.

-Less Baby Care Autonomy – Annoys the heck out of me that sims get up to feed babies every 2 seconds even when they’re not hungry. I'd say this was essential unless you play with autonomy off, as by default, they really do just constantly stop what they're doing to feed babies constantly. There's also a ton of other mods on this page that maybe useful to you.

-Greater LTW Variety – LTW are based on personality, interests and skills now rather than just aspiration. I'd say this was essential.

-Marriage Last Name Chooser – Essential unless you want to dig through SimsPE to edit your files constantly.

-No 20k Handouts (can't seem to find a link for this anymore, possibly removed) – Sims no longer get 20k upon moving out or leaving college, to match The Sims 3 and 4. This is for realism, but not necessary.

-No Rod Humble – He drives me mad. Go away with your ugly computer, I don't care that it has a The Sims 3 demo.

-Partial Homework Credit – Allows sims to get credit for partially completed homework. 50% done = a C. Others may not like this mod though.

-Job Number Level Labels – Shows your current level in your career as a numerical value. Absolutely essential.

-Prom + After School Activities – Keeps kids off the home lot longer and just seems realistic to me.

-More Sims Walk By Houses (don't know where I got this and can't find it D: will try to update if I can) – So my sims can meet more sims by chance as there's no open areas sims walk around like in later games

-Anniversaries – Allows sims to have anniversaries. It's a cute addition.

-18 hour pregnancy mod – I have 1 yr = 1 day life spans in The Sims 2, so this fits with my playstyle.

-Same Day Adoption – Not necessary, but I'm impatient.

-Sim Blender – Does a whole bunch of stuff. Absolutely essential.

-Less Hobby Wants – Hobby wants were getting overwhelming and annoying. No, I don't constantly want to play on the computer! I'd call this one essential.

-Homeworksometimesfasterfun – Doesn’t really make sense to me that school stresses all kids out beyond belief. Some kids find school fun, others don't. This mod makes children find school fun depending on their personality. Does a few other things too. Not essential but definitely helpful and interesting.

-FFSDebugger – Does a whole bunch of things you made need in your game, but I primarily use it to give Maxis-Made sims and townies degrees.

-New randomised townie names (just search this up and find a mod that fits the kind of names you're looking for) – Default ones are silly and don’t make sense much like The Sims 4. The one I use makes sims mostly have English or Hispanic first and last names, with the very occasional more cultural name thrown in.

-Realistic ages – 1 day = 1 year. Teens and Children have slightly shorter life spans in favour of adults having longer ones. This makes sims lives overall longer too.

-Faster University – University is now 8 days long. I love Uni, but the full 24 days is overwhelming, takes too long in my playstyle and is way too easy to pass. The full 24 days is fun if you want to party and stuff, but I don't want to do that every time.

As for CC, I entirely used The Sims 2 Defaults to replace EVERYTHING I could find default replacements for on the site. I don't have much CC besides that, and CC I do have is generally conversions from The Sims 3 and The Sims 4.
    My blog full of things that never get finished!
    XVlamuQ.png
    Magnezone, the lover of Calientes, Lotharios, Landgraabs and Curiouses everywhere.
  • simlicious2015simlicious2015 Posts: 373 Member
    Magnezone wrote: »
    The Sims 2 is my most played I have SO MUCH CC and script mods. This is going to be a long post, I apologise.

I have a script mods list on my blog in a post, and it's probably dated and I have likely downloaded more sinve, but I'll repost here for clarity. Simbology is probably the best place, honestly, then Mod The Sims, but there's stuff all around the web. There's a lot here, so I'll italicize everything I deem essential.

-Higher Odd Abductions – Abduction odds are absurdly low, this obviously isn't for everyone though, but I love occults and supernaturals and I mostly play in Strangetown where I feel it fits. There's a ton of other mods on that page too. I also use No Friends Needed For Careers from here, because if you had to befriend your coworkers and boss to be promoted, I’d keep it, but I don’t see why my child befriending random neighbourhood children would advance my career prospects, yet it does. The easiness of promotions is balanced out with Edukashun iz gud (mentioned later on).

-Child Support – Sims not living with their child will pay child support. This is not a necessary mod though.

-monique’s Hacked Computer – Adds tons of new features to the PC, including but not limited to banking and shopping. Highly recommended.

-Alien Pregnancy Male+Female – I feel aliens should be able to impregnate anyone. It doesn’t make sense to me that they can only impregnate men. Again, not important if you're unlike me and don't play with occults

-Toddlers Can Climb Stairs (if they can walk)– They can do it in The Sims 4, so I’m made them able to do it in The Sims 2. I find Toddlers annoying, this makes them slightly less annoying.

-Edukashun iz gud – Sims are limited on how far they can progress in their careers based on their education level. This way I just don't send sims who I don't want to progress far to uni, or make them get lower grades.

-Community Skilling – Allows for skilling on community lots like in later games. I'd say this was essential.

-Faster Novel Writing – Novels just take forever usually to the point where I didn't even bother with them. This makes them a viable way to make money, though still generally not as good as a normal career.

-Less Baby Care Autonomy – Annoys the heck out of me that sims get up to feed babies every 2 seconds even when they’re not hungry. I'd say this was essential unless you play with autonomy off, as by default, they really do just constantly stop what they're doing to feed babies constantly. There's also a ton of other mods on this page that maybe useful to you.

-Greater LTW Variety – LTW are based on personality, interests and skills now rather than just aspiration. I'd say this was essential.

-Marriage Last Name Chooser – Essential unless you want to dig through SimsPE to edit your files constantly.

-No 20k Handouts (can't seem to find a link for this anymore, possibly removed) – Sims no longer get 20k upon moving out or leaving college, to match The Sims 3 and 4. This is for realism, but not necessary.

-No Rod Humble – He drives me mad. Go away with your ugly computer, I don't care that it has a The Sims 3 demo.

-Partial Homework Credit – Allows sims to get credit for partially completed homework. 50% done = a C. Others may not like this mod though.

-Job Number Level Labels – Shows your current level in your career as a numerical value. Absolutely essential.

-Prom + After School Activities – Keeps kids off the home lot longer and just seems realistic to me.

-More Sims Walk By Houses (don't know where I got this and can't find it D: will try to update if I can) – So my sims can meet more sims by chance as there's no open areas sims walk around like in later games

-Anniversaries – Allows sims to have anniversaries. It's a cute addition.

-18 hour pregnancy mod – I have 1 yr = 1 day life spans in The Sims 2, so this fits with my playstyle.

-Same Day Adoption – Not necessary, but I'm impatient.

-Sim Blender – Does a whole bunch of stuff. Absolutely essential.

-Less Hobby Wants – Hobby wants were getting overwhelming and annoying. No, I don't constantly want to play on the computer! I'd call this one essential.

-Homeworksometimesfasterfun – Doesn’t really make sense to me that school stresses all kids out beyond belief. Some kids find school fun, others don't. This mod makes children find school fun depending on their personality. Does a few other things too. Not essential but definitely helpful and interesting.

-FFSDebugger – Does a whole bunch of things you made need in your game, but I primarily use it to give Maxis-Made sims and townies degrees.

-New randomised townie names (just search this up and find a mod that fits the kind of names you're looking for) – Default ones are silly and don’t make sense much like The Sims 4. The one I use makes sims mostly have English or Hispanic first and last names, with the very occasional more cultural name thrown in.

-Realistic ages – 1 day = 1 year. Teens and Children have slightly shorter life spans in favour of adults having longer ones. This makes sims lives overall longer too.

-Faster University – University is now 8 days long. I love Uni, but the full 24 days is overwhelming, takes too long in my playstyle and is way too easy to pass. The full 24 days is fun if you want to party and stuff, but I don't want to do that every time.

As for CC, I entirely used The Sims 2 Defaults to replace EVERYTHING I could find default replacements for on the site. I don't have much CC besides that, and CC I do have is generally conversions from The Sims 3 and The Sims 4.
    Wooooow half of this I didn’t even know you could have! Thanks for this! With the crazy story I had last night....( my son had all three of her kids taken away by the social worker and one of them was a newborn! ) most of these would have really took my game to a totally different level.

• simlicious2015simlicious2015 Posts: 373 Member
    I meant to say my sim *
  • k_reeser1k_reeser1 Posts: 153 Member
    https://mega.nz/folder/EC5ywQLL#HXYVcRdCRQhOXR14SGkr_g
    ive been working on this collection for some time,every one of these are bug fixes(i recommend to install all of them!)
    makes the game more balanced and fun
    untitled.png

• Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    k_reeser1 wrote: »
    ive been working on this collection for some time,every one of these are bug fixes(i recommend to install all of them!)

Personally, I wouldn't download someone else's collection of mods unless it was a modder organizing their own mods into a single download for players that want all of their mods on their site (like Pescado does with his director's cut). And I think it's reckless to offer this to people.

Here's why:

1. It's dangerous to have mods in place that you do not know what they are and what they are for. This can mean that you have no clue what could be causing a problem in game if you download another mod that includes a file that messes with a mod you have already.
    2. If an issue does come up or if a player has a question about a mod, they face an uphill battle trying to find out who that mod was made by and where they are set up for supporting the mod of or if it's an "as is" mod if the creator has left the community.
    3. The modder who created it is unaware of how popular and used their mod is because the Simmer did not download the mod from them

But that's just my opinion.
  • MagnezoneMagnezone Posts: 212 Member
    Seera1024 wrote: »
    k_reeser1 wrote: »

Personally, I wouldn't download someone else's collection of mods unless it was a modder organizing their own mods into a single download for players that want all of their mods on their site (like Pescado does with his director's cut). And I think it's reckless to offer this to people.

Here's why:

1. It's dangerous to have mods in place that you do not know what they are and what they are for. This can mean that you have no clue what could be causing a problem in game if you download another mod that includes a file that messes with a mod you have already.
    2. If an issue does come up or if a player has a question about a mod, they face an uphill battle trying to find out who that mod was made by and where they are set up for supporting the mod of or if it's an "as is" mod if the creator has left the community.
    3. The modder who created it is unaware of how popular and used their mod is because the Simmer did not download the mod from them

But that's just my opinion.

No, I agree with you. This is why I labelled all my mods and gave the download links from the creators directly. There could potentially be harmful content or files in there, though I doubt it and doubt @k_reeser1 meant any harm in uploading it.

With that said, what you said about conflicting mods is important. If you don't know where your mods come from or what they do, it would be very easy to download conflicting mods on accident.

And honestly, mods are meant to be individualistic. Whilst some are basically essential, others vary depending on playstyle. Some mods that work for me may not work for other players.

Uploading them to a MEGA like @k_reeser1 did also doesn't credit the original creators.
    My blog full of things that never get finished!
    XVlamuQ.png
    Magnezone, the lover of Calientes, Lotharios, Landgraabs and Curiouses everywhere.
  • OugonmusouOugonmusou Posts: 33 Member
    Hahah for me The Sims 2 is the game that made me love The Sims as a series. Even until today I still play it as much as I did as a seven year old coming home from school. It's just that good until all these years I still play it.
    I am just a simple Sims 2 lore addict