Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

*New* House of Misfits Challenge Rules 4/14/20

dlaribee88dlaribee88 Posts: 172 Member
Welcome!! I am so glad you’re here and I am so excited to share this with you!! I planned to post all the information on the forums. However, the character limits wouldn’t allow it. Please check out my brand new challenge: The House of Misfits! on wordpress...

https://houseofmisfitschallenge.wordpress.com/blog/

I can’t wait to hear what you think, and see what you’ll do! I will be adding more as I go, but I just couldn’t wait to share! <3
Post edited by dlaribee88 on

Comments

• dlaribee88dlaribee88 Posts: 172 Member
    edited April 2020
    Updates:

I uploaded the School (Main House) to the gallery and the Hangout lot I am using.

April 6, 2020
    I just uploaded two households:

The Main House (red and blue students)

The Green House

*due to origin issues or my rural internet, I lost connection before I could upload the Yellow House. *Coming soon!*

edited July 2020
    Reserved for Links to Mini Challenges and “Classes”.

(Like I mention in the challenge rules, making up your own is best and most fun, but I do plan to share some I’ve done, and can’t wait to hear what you make up.)

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/home/leaving?target=https://houseofmisfitschallenge.wordpress.com/class-ideas-and-challenges/
    edited April 2020
    Reserved for Stories!

Did you find the challenge interesting? Are you planning to do a let’s play or writing a story using this challenge? I’d love to feature it here!
    edited April 2020
    Reserved for anything else that might come up 😉
    Here is the link to class and challenge ideas for this challenge: 😱 👏 😁

https://houseofmisfitschallenge.wordpress.com/class-ideas-and-challenges/

It will be updated as I go and as I have time.

I am loving 🥰 how many people are checking this out! I’d love to hear 👂 your thoughts so far! Please share what you’ve come up with and what you’ve tried!! I would love to see 👀 your stories too! ❤️

Yay!! So glad you’re going to try it some day. I’m still having a lot of fun with it! I may have stayed up until 3 am playing 🤫😂

Yes I just took a random lot from the gallery and repurposed it. I wasn’t sharing for credit, just to show people what I was doing. I am pretty proud of my school though. Still needs work... thinking of adding another level for the bedrooms. Not sure yet.

The other two families for some reason aren’t uploading. It says I have CC but I 100% don’t. So I’m not sure what the issue is with that.

Thanks again!!!
  • EuphorialQueenEuphorialQueen Posts: 6,224 Member
    @dlaribee88
    Your households are on the gallery but are tagged as having custom content. That is why they do not show up on the online gallery. This can happen if there is any custom content in your mods folder at all even if not used when creating the household. Try moving your mods folder and deleting the localthumbcache and restart the game. Then upload them again.
    misfit10.png
    @dlaribee88
    Your households are on the gallery but are tagged as having custom content. That is why they do not show up on the online gallery. This can happen if there is any custom content in your mods folder at all even if not used when creating the household. Try moving your mods folder and deleting the localthumbcache and restart the game. Then upload them again.
    misfit10.png

Thank you so much!! I will try it again ❤️
    Well guys, life got crazy so I had to take a break! But I’m back to playing!! Need this “me” time to escape reality! ❤️
    edited June 2020
    Updates to the challenge ideas. (Seasonal: Spring Challenge ideas added. Work in progress)

https://houseofmisfitschallenge.wordpress.com/class-ideas-and-challenges/
  • crstassecrstasse Posts: 33 Member
    I've started playing this challenge and I love it!! I've not really used clubs before and didn't realise how much fun they were and gives you a great way to play the game. Unfortunately, I kept having problems with the MCCMod but I found a way around keeping the students at home without it affecting their grades. I create a holiday four days out of the week, and one day they go to school. This way they still eventually get to an A grade and the holidays allow them to work on their other skills in the way you've structured it on your blog. I've even created a document where I tally up their skills at the end of the week for all 3 houses and a challenges page were I write down the names of the students who win the challenge, i.e. chess, painting, cooking and duelling etc.
    Thanks so much for putting this fun challenge together!
    crstasse wrote: »
    I've started playing this challenge and I love it!! I've not really used clubs before and didn't realise how much fun they were and gives you a great way to play the game. Unfortunately, I kept having problems with the MCCMod but I found a way around keeping the students at home without it affecting their grades. I create a holiday four days out of the week, and one day they go to school. This way they still eventually get to an A grade and the holidays allow them to work on their other skills in the way you've structured it on your blog. I've even created a document where I tally up their skills at the end of the week for all 3 houses and a challenges page were I write down the names of the students who win the challenge, i.e. chess, painting, cooking and duelling etc.
    Thanks so much for putting this fun challenge together!

Thank you so so much for sharing with me!!! I am so excited that you’re having fun with it!!! Have you created your own little mini challenges?

I keep rotating between this challenge, my teenage runaway challenge, and my black widow challenge.

By far this has been my favorite because I fell in love with all the different personalities and stories I was coming up with between all the houses!

You made my night!!!! Thank you!!!
    You're welcome! I'm restarting it, and have designed my own main R&B house (mostly because I don't like 2 storey or more houses and I like to keep it simple so I can find my sims) although I have one outer building that does have a second story which has all the kitchens. Like you, I'm not the best builder but I loved this build that I did for this challenge, except for the roofing. I'm just no good at roofs. I used your yellow house members but I couldn't find the green or R&B houses, so I made them up in CAS.

I also have a few challenges I rotate through. I'm forever starting challenges and not finishing them. I steer clear of the legacy challenges as I only ever last till the 3rd generation.

It's interesting to see how some of the students in the house just excel at the skills more than others without me even controlling them. I started playing with just the one household for 3 weeks but now I've decided I'll rotate between houses each week, hence me restarting and also now that I have a better idea on what I'm doing it should all run a lot smoother from the get go.

One thing I found when I went to the Yellow house after playing the main house for 3 weeks was that all the yellow house students had level 3 in Research and Debate! And level 2 in writing. I couldn't figure that one out :smile:

I haven't created my own little mini challenges yet. But I'll let you know if I do come up with any ideas. I'll take pictures on my second attempt but I don't think I can upload pictures yet?
    You're welcome! I'm restarting it, and have designed my own main R&B house (mostly because I don't like 2 storey or more houses and I like to keep it simple so I can find my sims) although I have one outer building that does have a second story which has all the kitchens. Like you, I'm not the best builder but I loved this build that I did for this challenge, except for the roofing. I'm just no good at roofs. I used your yellow house members but I couldn't find the green or R&B houses, so I made them up in CAS.

I also have a few challenges I rotate through. I'm forever starting challenges and not finishing them. I steer clear of the legacy challenges as I only ever last till the 3rd generation.

It's interesting to see how some of the students in the house just excel at the skills more than others without me even controlling them. I started playing with just the one household for 3 weeks but now I've decided I'll rotate between houses each week, hence me restarting and also now that I have a better idea on what I'm doing it should all run a lot smoother from the get go.

One thing I found when I went to the Yellow house after playing the main house for 3 weeks was that all the yellow house students had level 3 in Research and Debate! And level 2 in writing. I couldn't figure that one out :smile:

I haven't created my own little mini challenges yet. But I'll let you know if I do come up with any ideas. I'll take pictures on my second attempt but I don't think I can upload pictures yet?

The other houses somehow are hidden because they say they have CC but I don’t have nor have I ever dled CC.

It’s so fun to see the skills your kiddos learn when you don’t play them and haven’t seen them in a week (or 3!!).

Building the school was so much fun. I know what I’d change now. I even decided to start a toddler version, so I can work on the emotional stuff too. Once they’re grown they’ll move to the “children” school, and then I’ll revamp my teen school. I actually added more to my teen school after uploading... needed more space!

I like rotating too. I used MCCC to put them all on one lot, and honestly, rotating was more my style.

I cannot wait to see your pictures and hear what you’re doing!!
    I love your idea of starting them as toddlers and moving them into a 'children' school. It'd been interesting to see how that would play out. They would be like super teenagers. Have you got any ideas written down for how you are going to do it yet? I'll try and come up with some ideas, maybe we can share them :)

I've expanded on my documents in tallying skills and social. I have very thorough record sheets now. The challenges are fun. I have them run on the treadmill for the fitness challenge. I do the painting challenge and whoever's painting sells for the highest wins that challenge. I do a chess playoff for logic. I've done the fishing challenge, duelling and social challenge. I've played week one with the main house and I'm currently playing week one with the Yellow House. All the teenagers had level 3 Research and Debate when I started them. They were busy with that skill. They also had quite high cooking, which surprised me and better fitness than the R&B House I'd just been playing with!

I have taken some pictures but I'm not sure how to upload them here. When I click on image it just asks for URL. I don't think my status on here is high enough for me to upload photos yet.
    I couldn’t log in to my account here for weeks. Finally it’s working again.
    I love your idea of starting them as toddlers and moving them into a 'children' school. It'd been interesting to see how that would play out. They would be like super teenagers. Have you got any ideas written down for how you are going to do it yet? I'll try and come up with some ideas, maybe we can share them :)

I've expanded on my documents in tallying skills and social. I have very thorough record sheets now. The challenges are fun. I have them run on the treadmill for the fitness challenge. I do the painting challenge and whoever's painting sells for the highest wins that challenge. I do a chess playoff for logic. I've done the fishing challenge, duelling and social challenge. I've played week one with the main house and I'm currently playing week one with the Yellow House. All the teenagers had level 3 Research and Debate when I started them. They were busy with that skill. They also had quite high cooking, which surprised me and better fitness than the R&B House I'd just been playing with!

I have taken some pictures but I'm not sure how to upload them here. When I click on image it just asks for URL. I don't think my status on here is high enough for me to upload photos yet.

Thanks for trying it out!! It’s awesome what happens when you’re not playing a house. I like returning to some surprises lol