Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Get My first pet Stuff for Xbox One separate

This discussion was created from comments split from: Women behind The Sims - SimGurus' answers to International Women's Day Q&A.

Comments

• Simmer4Ever2020Simmer4Ever2020 Posts: 15 Member
    I own sims 4 and cats and dogs very upset I can not get my first pet stuff separate. Shouldn't have to buy cats and dogs agian.
  • simkat23simkat23 Posts: 1 New Member
    > @Simmer4Ever2020 said:
    > I own sims 4 and cats and dogs very upset I can not get my first pet stuff separate. Shouldn't have to buy cats and dogs agian.
    >

Do you play The Sims 4 via Origin? If so, you don't have to buy cats and dogs again. Every pack is available for purchase separately, and if you are an Origin Access member (membership discount program), I think the cost of the packs go down by about $2 (US currency). My first pet stuff is $9.99 on Origin, and only requires base game and Cats and Dogs to purchase.
  • Simmer4Ever2020Simmer4Ever2020 Posts: 15 Member
    > @simkat23 said:
    > > @Simmer4Ever2020 said:
    > > I own sims 4 and cats and dogs very upset I can not get my first pet stuff separate. Shouldn't have to buy cats and dogs agian.
    > >
    >
    > Do you play The Sims 4 via Origin? If so, you don't have to buy cats and dogs again. Every pack is available for purchase separately, and if you are an Origin Access member (membership discount program), I think the cost of the packs go down by about $2 (US currency). My first pet stuff is $9.99 on Origin, and only requires base game and Cats and Dogs to purchase.

I play it on xbox one
  • emiobixemiobix Posts: 88 Member
    I figure you probably already know that you can get MFP pack seperate on consoles. If you already own Cats & Dogs, you’ll still add the bundle to your cart, but you will only be charged for the My First Pet Stuff Pack.
  • Sims4gamer20Sims4gamer20 Posts: 5 New Member
    Good to know!
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,114 Member
    > @simkat23 said:
    > > @Simmer4Ever2020 said:
    > > I own sims 4 and cats and dogs very upset I can not get my first pet stuff separate. Shouldn't have to buy cats and dogs agian.
    > >
    >
    > Do you play The Sims 4 via Origin? If so, you don't have to buy cats and dogs again. Every pack is available for purchase separately, and if you are an Origin Access member (membership discount program), I think the cost of the packs go down by about $2 (US currency). My first pet stuff is $9.99 on Origin, and only requires base game and Cats and Dogs to purchase.

I play it on xbox one

Look for the cats & dogs bundle with the stuff pack. The store should automatically discount the bundle to SP price if you own the EP. I didn’t buy the SP, but from my experience this is what should happen.
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    You don't have to buy the C&D pack to own My First Pet. You just need it to use all the stuff.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • GoHeat1988GoHeat1988 Posts: 15 New Member
    > @drake_mccarty said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Look for the cats & dogs bundle with the stuff pack. The store should automatically discount the bundle to SP price if you own the EP. I didn’t buy the SP, but from my experience this is what should happen.

> @Loanet said:
    > You don't have to buy the C&D pack to own My First Pet. You just need it to use all the stuff.

Actually, if you own the Sims 4 plus Cats & Dogs CD bundle on physical disk, the store is not discounting the My First Pet Stuff pack at all. Also, you cannot buy he My First Pet Stuff DLC separately at all for Xbox.
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,114 Member
    Loanet wrote: »
    You don't have to buy the C&D pack to own My First Pet. You just need it to use all the stuff.

On console you do
  • GoHeat1988GoHeat1988 Posts: 15 New Member
    > @Loanet said:
    > You don't have to buy the C&D pack to own My First Pet. You just need it to use all the stuff.

> @drake_mccarty said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > On console you do

> @drake_mccarty said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > On console you do

Exactly. This is the Console forum, so mot sure why the earlier poster doesn't get that. Anyway, very annoying that we STILL can't just but the DLC pack separately...
  • ddd994ddd994 Posts: 418 Member
    Awks for xbox, I bout MFP the day it dropped on PS4 no problem..?
  • LquinnLquinn Posts: 385 Member
    Every time I try to buy MAP it tells me I am missing a required component, yet I own all of the packs. It's very annoying.
  • LquinnLquinn Posts: 385 Member
    MAP = MFP
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    @Lquinn do you own C&D on disc?
    there is a known problem with people owning C&D on disc not being able to buy the MFP bundle and to my knowledge the sims team is aware of it (it's all over the console section of the Help center), I think the same thing happend for PS4 players before but got fixed (?).

I highly recomment to everyone who's having these problems to go to the console section of the Help center and post it there or click "me too" on other people who have it. Thats a better way to get it to be noticed.

Gallery ID: ra7orrat