Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Mod Won't Work

Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
I just got The Sims 2 and downloaded 2 mods, but they won't work! It's as though they aren't even there! The game recognizes them at the startup, but they don't actually do anything in game. What should I do?

Comments

• DijktafoneDijktafone Posts: 775 Member
    If I recall activating them in TS2 is a two time process. first check the box to enable them, then quit the game. Relaunch the game and it should work.
  • Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    Dijktafone wrote: »
    If I recall activating them in TS2 is a two time process. first check the box to enable them, then quit the game. Relaunch the game and it should work.

I tried that several times. I also tried restarting the computer. It didn't work.
    edited April 2020
    Allright, sooooo... They indeed are in a subfolder called 'downloads', right?

For me it reads: 'EA games > The sims 2 Ultimate Collection, and inside it is the 'Downloads' folder, in which my mods lie.
    Is it on your main drive? Is 'Downloads' (caps sensitive) written exactly like that as a subfolder?
    Dijktafone wrote: »
    Allright, sooooo... They indeed are in a subfolder called 'downloads', right?

For me it reads: 'EA games > The sims 2 Ultimate Collection, and inside it is the 'Downloads' folder, in which my mods lie.
    Is it on your main drive? Is 'Downloads' (caps sensitive) written exactly like that as a subfolder?

It wasn’t there originally, so I made my own. Could that be the problem?
    edited April 2020
    Ah maybe! If you install anything, it will create it where it needs to be by default. But by following these steps, normally, you should be good to go :)

P.S. don't forget to activate them, then exit the game, and then come back ;)
    It’s working now! I just had to start a new household AFTER the mod was installed!