Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Blueprint Builds

Comments

• LionessInMNLionessInMN Posts: 478 Member
    @MikkiMikkiMikkiM I had the exact same problem, it drove me crazy. That is the reason I put the white frieze on my house to blend it in.
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    @MikkiMikkiMikkiM unfortunately I don't think you can remove it. There's no room underneath it so the paint from the bottom floor doesn't cover the base of the top floor room. The easiest (and maybe the only) way to make it not-white is to give a different color trim to the top floor room.
  • TakissisTakissis Posts: 521 Member
    Challenge Number: 6
    Origin ID: Takissis
    Gallery Name of Build: Victorian w/ Guest House
    Gallery Link: Gallery Link
    Link to slideshow: Slideshow Link
    Additional Notes:

I chose to remodel this a bit to restore most of the Victorian aspects of the house. It's been modeled as Queen Anne Victorian on the exterior. I knocked out a few walls here and there. All the closets were taken out and the space used for wardrobes in most places. I added a second bathroom to the top floor. I took out a few doors and added arches to some places.

The pantry was changed to a laundry/pantry/utility room. The sitting room was made an office/sitting room. One upstairs room was divided to make the second bathroom and a mini gym. One of the bedrooms was turned into an art room. The basement was turned into another bedroom (I had an idea it would be good for the butler, but it turned out to be a big room, so...eh). Back porch and stairs were removed as well.

The kids room was actually a collaboration with my 7YO daughter. She chose the colors, most of the items, and where they went. I decided to keep it in the build, but it turned out VERY purple. However, it makes her happy to see it, so...

Also, I added a guest house to the back with two floors. It has another living area, kitchen, bedroom and bathroom. The backyard has a couple playground equipment (since I have a kid's room), but otherwise, there is minimal but sculpted landscaping.

Paint by References were done by Juwels64, SimSationalToo, Skizzoo08, NajoPau, Juste1souvenir, and me.

I also took a crap load of pictures. My original count was 84, that was culled heavily, so check out the slideshow if you'd like to see the rest. Though, I'll probably put them up on my showcase thread too.

Space for Pictures:

oi2i66M.png
    5FQF1yN.png
  • AlJayAlJay Posts: 1,649 Member
    @Takissis this is beautiful! I love that you included your daughter in your building process <3
    On a side note, I can see why there are so many pictures. I am in the process of building mine and it keeps getting more and more elaborate :# I may have gotten a bit carried away with this one.
    Thank you @Aljay. I worked really hard on this one. I keep learning new things with each of the challenges I do, so I think my builds are getting better. I do need to work on limiting my packs though. I think I used every pack with this one.

Question: Would you mind if I went back and did the previous month's challenges? I wasn't around then, but I'd like to do them as I have time. I won't post them here, since I don't want to clog up your thread. But I'll put them in my showcase and tag you so you can see if them if you like.
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    Victorian w/ Guest House is a very lovely Victorian family home! @Takissis :) Very nice exterior design, great roofing and pretty lemon colour! Very lovely flowers on home edges! It is very nice that there is a guest house also. Very lovely furnishing of the interior! The colour scheme, wall pattern , curtains and patterned floor rugs in each room are very lovely! It is a very elegant and pretty home!
    The girls bedroom that your daughter designed is very special and very lovely! The purple colour scheme, circles wall pattern, unicorn print on the door, cute unicorn and heart teddy and the pretty butterflies are very lovely !
    It is a very lovely detailed Victorian home! :)
    Thank you very much @Rosemow for your kind review. I always look forward to reading what you hone in on. It makes my day.
    @Takissis that sounds great! Just make sure to hashtag AlJay2000 because I don't always check the previous challenges :) Have fun!
    ENTRY FORM
    Challenge Number: April #6
    Origin ID: AlJay2000
    Gallery Name of Build: From Old to New
    Gallery Link: From Old to New
    Link to slideshow: Blueprint Builds - April
    Additional Notes: I chose to give this old Victorian house a complete renovation, turning it into a modern home for a family with a child and a couple of teenagers. I took out most of the interior walls on the main floor creating a large open concept living area. Turned one of the bedrooms into a master bathroom and changed the other bedrooms slightly. I also added two more bathrooms on the second floor. I decided to add a full basement beneath the house giving the family ample room to spend time together. All nocc artwork was created by myself.
    Space for Pictures:
    JN37Cfm.png
    dexb6BN.png
    From Old to New is a lovely modern family home! @AlJay :) Very nice exterior design ,great roofing,and the hedging fencing beds on the edges of the lot are very nice! Very nice outdoors living, dining, pool, firepit and hot tub patio! It is a lovely area for Sims to enjoy spending time outside in the air. Very lovely furnishing of the interior! The white and natural colours of the living areas are nice and the furnishings, colors, wall pattens and rugs in the kids room are lovely! Very nice design and layout of the basement! It is very nice that there is a family room where Sims can enjoy playing games,using the building blocks table, playing pingpong, watching tv and reading books. The semi circle of seating near the tv is very nice, They will like keeping fit using the fitness items in the gym.The music and recording studio areas are very nice.
    It is a great modern family home! :)
  • MonaSolstraaleMonaSolstraale Posts: 1,372 Member
    @AlJay I absolutely love your renovated Victorian house :smiley:
    I'm not so familiar with Victorian houses. I have a struggle to solve this task and therefore I also doubt that I will attend this time.
    Your solution is great
    Thank you @rosemow and thank you @MonaSolstraale !
  • shakerellashakerella Posts: 321 Member
    @AlJay I love your idea to make it modern. Your house has such luxury inside. Sims will be super happy living here.
    My Current Challenge: Drifter House Challenge
    Thank you @shakerella :)
  • shakerellashakerella Posts: 321 Member
    edited April 2020
    @AlJay which pack is this door from? NM I found it. I still haven't bought that pack yet! Looks like a lot of good things in it.
    ixMRKJy.png
    Post edited by shakerella on
    My Current Challenge: Drifter House Challenge
  • GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,301 Member
    @AlJay You said we can't change the exterior of the house, but is it okay to make the basement a little bigger? I want to make servants' quarters there, since it looks like it connects to the kitchen area, but it seems a little small for what I want to do with it. It wouldn't affect the way the above ground house shell looks.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
    @GlacierSnow that is perfectly fine! The blueprint didn't show the basement so you can get creative :)
  • Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    ENTRY FORM
    Challenge Number: April #6
    Origin ID: beckablitz
    Gallery Name/ Link: Grand Victorian
    Link to slideshow: Grand Victorian Blueprint Builds 6

Additional Notes: I have never built in the Victorian sttyle before and this is one of the biggest builds I have ever done. It was fun but a challenge. I see the house as having several renovations over the years hence some of the deco featuires as well as the more modern first floor. Trying to work out what to do with big grounds was also a real test. I changed the pantry into a bathroom and / laundry space as there was no downstairs bathroom. There is a small space walled up in the upstairs that I didn't use to make the rooms look more balanced in shape.I used no MOO in this build.

Space for Pictures:
    UOoEeeul.png
    bSgdoSZl.png

@AlJay I love your modern take on this floor plan.
    Grand Victorian is a very lovely Victorian family home! @Becka28 :) Very lovely exterior and the windows are very nice! The patterned porch flooring is pretty! Very nice outdoors areas! It is great that the large water fountain is in the backyard and very nice gardening boxes area. Very lovely furnishing of the interior! Each room is very beautiful ! Very nice colour scheme of each room and area, and the curtains,wall paneling and wall patterns are very nice!
    It is a very detailed and lovely home! :)
    Thank you @Becka28 Your house looks beautiful!!
  • Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    Thankyou @AlJay and @rosemow for your lovely comments
  • GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,301 Member
    AlJay wrote: »
    @GlacierSnow that is perfectly fine! The blueprint didn't show the basement so you can get creative :)

Thanks! :smiley: I ended up getting super-frustrated with that build idea anyway, and scrapped it. I went in a totally different direction on the second attempt and this one I like. I need to play test it a bit, but I should be ready to post soon.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
    Looking forward to seeing it @GlacierSnow

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top