The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Who else dislike clutters ?

I mean there are so many non functional items in the sims 4. Yes I do appreciate all the design work put into clutters, decoration items etc but I rather the developer spend more time creating objects with gameplay. Especially I don’t get decorations mounted on the wall because half the time you don’t even see them in gameplay. At this point the game really has way too many decorations but not enough gameplay objects. I get that it is cool for builders. I am not a builder I just want to play the game. More gameplay items please :)

Comments

• Huiiie_07Huiiie_07 Posts: 1,200 Member
    That's true. I'd also prefer them putting more gameplay items into expansions and gamepacks and go back to the original way of creating stuff packs solely for cas and bb items. I always felt like most people only buy the stuff packs because of the gameplay item, which is a pretty greedy move from EA imo.
    Origin ID: Huiiie_07

I like to build stuff
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,373 Member
    I like clutter, just wish it were better organised, especially in TS4 where there is so much of it. Search function is good, but some are not even named something logical and appropriate so it' difficult to find them. They should bring back the collections function from TS2.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I always felt this way. Yes I do use the clutter plus it's great for builders I guess. But it's disappointing there is so much stuff we can't use in anyway.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    I like clutter, just wish it were better organised, especially in TS4 where there is so much of it. Search function is good, but some are not even named something logical and appropriate so it' difficult to find them. They should bring back the collections function from TS2.

Yes! I use clutter when my sims have the funds and space for it, but it can be a pain to find it.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    Yeah i'm not a fan of clutter either. If my sim can't use it, I don't want it taking up space in their house.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    I use decorations (paintings/rugs/plants), but won't fill every available space with it, or use MOO to place anything.
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    I use it sometimes, but I prefer if it's functional.
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • LinzzLinzz Posts: 323 Member
    I'm not a fan of the clutter either. I never really use the items and when I do download a house on the gallery, if it has to much clutter I delete it all cause it's annoying and in the way or I just don't use the house.
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    IRL I hate clutter. In TS I love clutter. But if it is 1 valuable gameplay object vs 20 clutter objects, I would obviously pick the gameplay object.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    I like it. I just wish more of it you could use.
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I don't like clutter for the simple reason that decorations trump certain moodlets.
  • DijktafoneDijktafone Posts: 775 Member
    As a sims 3 architectural design afficionado, I love them clutters.
  • delphydelphy Posts: 55 Member
    I don't mind the clutter but I wish it was possible to use it easier without mods and to find it easier as well. I have to agree about the way things have been sorted or categorized.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    I don't mind some of it for decoration, but man, sometimes builders go overboard with it.
  • jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    Linzz wrote: »
    I'm not a fan of the clutter either. I never really use the items and when I do download a house on the gallery, if it has to much clutter I delete it all cause it's annoying and in the way or I just don't use the house.

OMG I do the same! Some builders really like to litter their build with clutters !
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,541 Member
    I do like having some clutter, but not too much.

What I would like is to have more things available to put on shelves, because so many small items will not go on shelving unless you use moo and I don't really like to moo. And for a collection function in build/buy.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,654 Member

I agree! I often waste too much gaming time trying to find something. I wish we could group or brand each item in a way making it easier to find stuff, and a way that would work regardless of how we actually play. Say, I always end up having a diverse community, some houses are meant to be poor, some rich, and the rest just average. Or, some houses are kinda focused on certain styles, and there is a filter in-game, but as long as I can not alter it, I can not benefit from it 100%. Plus, CC is often branded like the object they were cloned from, messing it all up. We could have a simple system where we designed our categories ourselves by colors, and then brand items according to our needs. It would make it more effective if my top snob lady would not need to browse through all the "trash" to find one exclusive looking item. In past series my poor could start browsing from top, and top society could start from bottom, but in my TS4 game catalogs are (no longer) sorted by price tag.

This said, OP - I love clutter!!! Can't have enough, and some of it is fine without any interactions. I think it's cool when some interaction is included, but I tend to forget. I just found out that some toys from the base game can be used for more than decor...
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,373 Member
    We could have a simple system where we designed our categories ourselves by colors, and then brand items according to our needs. .

Searching the catalogue by colour is useless as it brings up every item in the catalogue that has a swatch of that particular colour.

• FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    Yeah, I get how you feel. I'm happy it's there for designers/builders, but when I download something from the gallery the first thing I do is usually delete most of the clutter. They take up too much space, and I prefer to fill my sim's homes with rewards they earn or things they make in game, like paintings and woodworking stuff, cause it feels more personal to their story rather than just buying a bunch of junk right off. And I'm always looking through build mode for things that actually DO things, rather than just take up wall, shelf and floor space. When buying a pack, I'd much rather even have new designs of basic functional items like beds and toilets, which I might actually USE, rather then a bunch of random decor.
  • LizzychicagoLizzychicago Posts: 873 Member
    jimbbq wrote: »
    I mean there are so many non functional items in the sims 4. Yes I do appreciate all the design work put into clutters, decoration items etc but I rather the developer spend more time creating objects with gameplay. Especially I don’t get decorations mounted on the wall because half the time you don’t even see them in gameplay. At this point the game really has way too many decorations but not enough gameplay objects. I get that it is cool for builders. I am not a builder I just want to play the game. More gameplay items please :)

Oh heck no, there's not nearly enough clutter! WE! NEED! MORE! CLUTTER! Like an entire Clutter Stuff Pack!! I'm a builder who very rarely plays the game so I don't care about gameplay, that's been fleshed out enough, MORE CLUTTER!! More decoration objects please!
    Check my builds and Sims out on the Gallery, username Lizzychicago!
  • BatmanFanGirlBatmanFanGirl Posts: 1,298 Member
    I love clutter and love downloading houses with tons of clutter as I'm not good at placing it using cheats. But I can understand you wanting more game play objects. I have a feeling though that having so much clutter isn't taking away from game objects as they cost way more money and time then clutter objects.
    heartstopper-couple.gif
  • Kim5496Kim5496 Posts: 1,261 Member

Yes! I love clutter and the way it makes a regular plain Sims house a home. However the way they have it organized is horrible! All of it is so hard to find and it doesn't make sense. I always have a hard time finding certain things I want to use. I also wish there was a way to hide objects we never use.
  • popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    I LOVE clutter. It gives a house a personality. Since Sims themselves aren’t limited in that department, I use clutter to create a sense of individualism. Plus, I personally don’t like the “one item per grid square” look.

I do agree that some builders tend to overdo it, and clutter should still be navigable.
  • aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,096 Member
    I need some clutter otherwise all rooms and bedrooms look like hotel rooms. Needs personal touches. But what's annoying is that it's the same clutter over and over again. Also, I wish they were organized in the catalog better by room/category (kitchen, bathroom, makeup). I think I would furnish houses twice as fast if I could find things faster.
  • wylmite1986wylmite1986 Posts: 1,771 Member
    I do see your point. It'd be nice if the clutter actually functioned. I don't mind though because I like my Sim to be happy in their house and if that means it being beautifully decorated with as much stuff as possible then so be it. But at the same time especially certain items would be cool if they actually worked instead of just for decoration purposes.
    sims_zpswwzalnus.jpg