Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I think a Winter activity / Resort pack is coming

Prediction: One of the new packs will have a ‘snow world’ focusing on Winter activities & resorts/ hotels.

The developers were unable to make snow ‘lie’ with Seasons so may overcome it this way by having a permanent snowy terrain. We have the parallel with Sulani so it makes sense to me.

Also, The community survey focused a section on Winter sports too which I think suggests they already had something in the pipeline and wanted feedback for some tweaking.

Comments

• beadierturtlebeadierturtle Posts: 295 Member
    Well, Sulani is more or less a tribute to the Disney movie "Moana", so it wouldn't surprise me if they also did a tribute to "Frozen".
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    :( I hope not...
  • jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    No I am not interested in a frozen world. Now that they have put in all the usual (pets seasons universities) please surprise us with truly new ideas! Strangerville is a good direction. I would like a superhero pack with a strong story please :)
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    edited April 2020
    I would love a pack focusing on winter sports. I have lots of sims who would love to go to a ski resort for the weekend!

Edit to say, they go to Sulani to the beach and do beachy things, why not snow and do snowy things?! :D
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    Wouldn't mind a world like that as long as sims can live there too. I never got into the whole resort thing in TS3, it didn't interest me at all. Now GOING on a hotel/resort vacation, that's something else. I'd still like sims to live in that world, just like with Sulani.
  • FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    I wrote a thread about a pack like this and it would not surprise me to see this soon. A winter wonderland! Kind of weird for the upcoming summer though, but I'd still like it anyway.
  • halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    I would love to see a winter world and make it a livable world too, not just a vacation one like maybe it could be an option for a vacation world, but we could live there too? For sports, as a person who is currently learning how to figure skate IRL, since it was introduced in seasons I would love to see it expanded upon, with actual figure skate competitions and artistic/free skate etc. I'd also love to see the return of snowboarding maybe adding in skiing as well, maybe add in ice-fishing?
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    aaronrulz wrote: »
    I'm tired of packs that you can't just incorporate into your every day play. Jungle Adventures...you have to go on vacation. Strangerville...you have to do the mystery. Tiny Living...You have to live in a tiny house. Discover University...you have to go off to college. Realm of Magic...you have to be a spellcaster. I'm not saying I don't buy or appreciate new content but I would like a pack that I don't have to change the family or the way I play to enjoy it. I personally want more daily hobbies, more sims interactions...that kind of thing.

Yea a proper Generations pack would be great. No parenthood doesn’t count!
  • MissyHissyMissyHissy Posts: 2,022 Member
    I think a winter activity pack would be great. I wouldn't be so bothered about being able to live there, since I'd be more likely to use it for skiing holidays etc. However if it was a residential world, that'd be just as lovely. <3

I'd love to see the snowboarding return and the introduction of skiing and sledding. The survey did give me hope that they've got a pack like this in the works. I wouldn't be too surprised if it turned out to be the Game Pack from the roadmap <3
    *All my mods can be found on The Daily Plumbob*MiAqoAE.png
  • PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    I love this idea, imagine at winterfest, They could go skiing. I wish they would also add a hot coco maker too!
  • SimsAddict_SimsAddict_ Posts: 72 Member
    I really hope this comes, I think it would be such a fun pack lol
  • GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    It would definitely fit in the 'never been done before' category so it could be possible. Also it takes the devs about 6 months (I think - please correct if wrong) for them to make a GP so it could fit. Obviously, that's without the apocolypse happening though so it might take them a bit longer to finish packs now.

I'd love this theme though! As long as skiing wasn't attached to an object though and they include mountain climbing/explorable caves and hidden areas I think it would be really cool :)
  • harrydhamiharrydhami Posts: 2 New Member
    I’m really hoping for a royalty or superhero pack tbh
  • slamondaslamonda Posts: 1,357 Member
    i hope your right in Sims 3 i had a Winter Resort i loved it
  • ANNETTE1951ANNETTE1951 Posts: 520 Member
    aaronrulz wrote: »
    I'm tired of packs that you can't just incorporate into your every day play. Jungle Adventures...you have to go on vacation. Strangerville...you have to do the mystery. Tiny Living...You have to live in a tiny house. Discover University...you have to go off to college. Realm of Magic...you have to be a spellcaster. I'm not saying I don't buy or appreciate new content but I would like a pack that I don't have to change the family or the way I play to enjoy it. I personally want more daily hobbies, more sims interactions...that kind of thing.

Thank you!!!!!!
    Kathykins wrote: »
    Wouldn't mind a world like that as long as sims can live there too. I never got into the whole resort thing in TS3, it didn't interest me at all. Now GOING on a hotel/resort vacation, that's something else. I'd still like sims to live in that world, just like with Sulani.

In TS3, there were resorts but there were homes in live in as well.
    Well, this is all speculation, they will probably give us something unique and unrelateable and totally disappointing.
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    I'm okay with it, as long as we have a new & unique interaction, animation, & gameplay.
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    I'm looking forward for a Winter Wonderland Expansion Pack, But I don't think its the next EP... Doesn't make sense to release a winter themed pack during the summer...
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,373 Member
    Karon wrote: »
    I'm looking forward for a Winter Wonderland Expansion Pack, But I don't think its the next EP... Doesn't make sense to release a winter themed pack during the summer...

Well, I think it's actually winter season in the southern hemisphere when the northern hemisphere has summer months.
  • AlveAlve Posts: 101 Member
    I don't want to appear rude but I really don't understand what y'all are basing your assumptions on? I see it all the time on the forum: "I think xyz is coming" etc, like isn't it just wishful thinking? Maybe it's a language/internet barrier y'all seem so dead on sure what we're gonna get and I never see what you're basing it on.
  • SinaMegapolisSinaMegapolis Posts: 244 Member
    Alve wrote: »
    I don't want to appear rude but I really don't understand what y'all are basing your assumptions on? I see it all the time on the forum: "I think xyz is coming" etc, like isn't it just wishful thinking? Maybe it's a language/internet barrier y'all seem so dead on sure what we're gonna get and I never see what you're basing it on.

Half of them base their assumptions on the themes presented in the January Community survey
    Completely ignoring the fact that the knitting STUFF PACK has been in development SINCE LAST YEAR
    And i see no reason for them to do the survey if they already have a certain theme from that Survey in development

So sorry guys
    anything present on that survey wasn't in the works and we will probably not see them until 2021
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    Karon wrote: »

Well, I think it's actually winter season in the southern hemisphere when the northern hemisphere has summer months.

Yeah, the only reason the season might matter at all for a pack like this is that MAXIS is located in California ... half of which doesn't even have real winters anyway...
  • elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    Alve wrote: »

Half of them base their assumptions on the themes presented in the January Community survey
    Completely ignoring the fact that the knitting STUFF PACK has been in development SINCE LAST YEAR
    And i see no reason for them to do the survey if they already have a certain theme from that Survey in development

So sorry guys
    anything present on that survey wasn't in the works and we will probably not see them until 2021

We didn’t select the gameplay feature for Laundry Day until less than 6 months from its release. The winter activities/resort related content could definitely be in the November EP of this year.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png