Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Sims 2 [Save File]

CaityTrinaCaityTrina Posts: 555 Member
Update 2: Final version released, with reinstated ancestors.
All tombstones of ancestors are either in Windenburg Cemetary, The Capp/Monty ancestors are in Von Haunt Estate, and those who died in Olive's garden are in her backyard if you're looking for them. Additional families from other expansions have since been added as well.

Download
I personally have always been a fan of the way the Sims 2 households were linked with a interconnected story. So for some time now I've been setting up a Sims 4 save, which features all base game Sims 2 families, with their complicated drama included and extensive family trees (sidenote do you know how depressing it got creating family lines to basically have to go yup, time for the ancestors to die now?). I even managed to get Kaylynn set up with a maid career AND working for Daniel Pleasant, wiped Bella Goth's memories (which deleted her marriage, freeing up Mortimer to be wooed by Dina, reuinted with Bella or whatever you decide), she can't even invite her family out when she travels, impregnated all those who were meant to be pregnant, tragically killed off loving parents and set up the vengeful vendetta's between the sims who had enemies.

There are also a few families from TS2 expansions, such as the Roths, Ottomas', Malcolm Landgraab IV, Newsons etc who I managed to fit in as well.

It's a very nostalgic trip rotating around the households. I'm waiting for the new pack to assign the correct career to Buzz Grunt (and potentially move some "Strangetown" families from Oasis Springs to the new town) but am planning to share it here for others to use as a base file or starter file.
Here are images from the household gallery showing off the families.
14uatdi.jpg
2e5705v.png
t05gmw.png
2iw4xa9.png
1z3rset.png
5x8vg7.png

A massive thank you to @Carissalwhee (Origin), @Carisims (YT) who made a beautiful collection of TS2 families in her TS2 to TS4 series on YT, I took several of them as a base, converted to be #CCFree and then extended the blood line with their ancestors and drama set up. It took a long time but would have took even longer if it wasn't for her content inspiring me to start.

---- Pre Strangerville Download ----
http://simfileshare.net/folder/61513/

Some notes
- If you move Kaylynn into a lot, she will likely lose her job as a maid
- Brandi, Pascal and Samantha are all on the first trimester of their pregnancies, so if you want to witness them you're better off playing them first
- if you turn aging (short lifespan) on the elders will likely die within a few days
- if you wish to restore Bellas memories, you will need to use the Vampire Persephone to restore life spirit (we did try alien memory erase but it didn't work on all relationships)
- unfortunately on play testing I've seen some great-great-grandparents have had their portraits culled from the family tree following the latest patch. I've recreated them. Unless you play with culling off with a mod I'd personally experienced several ancestors being culled severing the trees. Potentionally releasing the spirit manually may keep them but I've yet to test in a separate file.
caitytrina.png
Post edited by CaityTrina on

Comments

• vancanuckfan86vancanuckfan86 Posts: 1,156 Member
    That is awesome and I love the idea - I've taken a different route of bringing Sims 2 to the Sims 4 by creating all the adult townies of Pleasantview - pairing them off in marriage and playing rotationally through them. Intertwining their stories and their kids stories as they have them...Just another way to bring the Sims 2 to the Sims 4.
  • FallenPrinceFallenPrince Posts: 928 Member
    Awesome! I am also a fan of TS2 premade sims and their stories and always put few of them in my TS4 save file. Those that do exist in the game (Calientes, Goths and etc) I simply tweak them a bit and recreate TS2 storylines with minor tweaks.
  • RainbowSimQueenRainbowSimQueen Posts: 1,227 Member
    This is amazing! Literally just gave me the feels. Great job!!
  • KoaiotoKoaioto Posts: 76 Member
    Really cool!! I need to download this later. Thanks for making this. :smiley:
  • CaityTrinaCaityTrina Posts: 555 Member
    edited March 2019
    Save File has been updated to include Strangerville, and several other old faces from expansions of TS2

On mentioning packs I didn't limit myself when creating these sims, but would say any expansion that came with a world, occult (aliens) is needed, other than Del Sol Valley (I didn't place any there but objects would have been used in rich sims houses elsewhere) and vacation destinations (though a lot of Jungle Adventure is used to remodel Oasis Springs).

So that would mean needing
    1. Cats and Dogs (Brindleton Bay)
    2. City Living (San Myshuno) (Sims from Apartment Life are here)
    3. Get Together (Windenburg)

While Magnoilia Promenade isn't used much, the life state aliens and scientist job is involved in a lot of Strangetown recreations and several businesses have been made in Newcrest, so Get to Work is also a must.

While I used a vampire to take Bella's memories you could also forgo that pack and just rebuild her relationship without returning her life spirit.
    Post edited by CaityTrina on
    caitytrina.png
    Screenie Post Cataloguing setting up the families
    Pleasantview Fams
    Goth
    wbpg5t.png

Broke
    k16hpf.pngPleasant2vwwswh.png

Caliente
    33yjbzp.png

Lothario
    28m1h68.png

Strangetown Fams
    Soon

Veronaville Fams
    Soon
    caitytrina.png
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    Really cool! I am doing something similar, but with Sims 3's Twinbrook. Is it ok if i give some feedback? I would love to see the Tutorial Joe/Jane family in your save! haha
    Karon wrote: »
    Really cool! I am doing something similar, but with Sims 3's Twinbrook. Is it ok if i give some feedback? I would love to see the Tutorial Joe/Jane family in your save! haha

They should be in it! I just marked most if not all sims who weren't pleasantview, Strangetown or Veronville into other households so it wasn't such a big played household list. There's a ton of other townies and sims from different packs in the other household section (:
    caitytrina.png
  • TonyFeverTonyFever Posts: 1 New Member
    Where can I download the lastest save file?
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    TonyFever wrote: »
    Where can I download the latest save file?

https://simfileshare.net/download/999354/
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    @TonyFever not sure if @CaityTrina stopped working on her project, but i found another one The SIms 2 to The Sims 4 on tumblr. With all neighborhoods recreated, including downtownies, bluewater village and the students from the 3 universities.
    Here is the link: https://sssvitlans.tumblr.com/post/181672501144/the-sims-2-to-the-sims-4-the-uberhood-20
  • auricio288auricio288 Posts: 149 Member
    This is great! Thanks for saving my quarantine.
    Zvt4d0O.gif
  • TylerYoshiTylerYoshi Posts: 1 New Member
    > @Karon said:
    > @TonyFever not sure if @CaityTrina stopped working on her project, but i found another one The SIms 2 to The Sims 4 on tumblr. With all neighborhoods recreated, including downtownies, bluewater village and the students from the 3 universities.
    > Here is the link: https://sssvitlans.tumblr.com/post/181672501144/the-sims-2-to-the-sims-4-the-uberhood-20

I've seen this one and I desprately want to play it, but unfortunately the download link is broken. You wouldn't happen to still have the unedited file, would you?
  • EA_MakoEA_Mako Posts: 846 EA Community Manager
    Hey @TylerYoshi,

The post you're referencing is a couple years old, so I'll be locking this thread to prevent further necro-posting.

Feel free to start a new thread if you're unable to find a more recent one on the topic, thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top