Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Not enough craftable items!

kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
After repeatedly asking the Gurus on Twitter what we would actually be able to knit and getting no response, I took the liberty of comparing the winning objects to the initial vote, to see which items are actually knittable, and well, I'm a little disappointed.

11 objects, many of which aren't even made of wool. There's a cactus, for crying out loud! And not just one! Oh no, we get TWO cacti!
And a little cozy for a mailbox, which absolutely makes sense to stick outside, in the rain!

And not a single outfit or accessory!

Yeah, I'll knit a cactus, but I won't knit a beret? A scarf? An itchy sweater?

Socks?

6T7VwUV.png
wJbomAo.png

Comments

• Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    edited April 2020
    kwanzaabot wrote: »

@kwanzaabot You only posted the selections from the object vote. The CAS items separate were done in a separate vote in January.

Aside from that, I do agree with you. In both the CAS and objects votes, the majority of the winning items weren't craftable. The gurus did say for the BB objects at least that the winners were guaranteed, but that they might add a few more things. I hope that if they do that than they will add more craftables and not random clutter. This is turning into a knitting pack with very little that we will actually be able to knit.
  • Options
    edited April 2020

@kwanzaabot You only posted the selections from the object vote. The CAS items separate were done in a separate vote in January.

Aside from that, I do agree with you. In both the CAS and objects votes, the majority of the winning items weren't craftable. The gurus did say for the BB objects at least that the winners were guaranteed, but that they might add a few more things. I hope that if they do that than they will add more craftables and not random clutter. This is turning into a knitting pack with very little that we will actually be able to knit.

The CAS items were never specified as being craftable during the vote (the objects are colour-coded to identify craftable items), and the Gurus haven't identified which clothing items, if any, are craftable.
    wJbomAo.png
  • Options
    ManakoHimeManakoHime Posts: 285 Member
    I hope there are some clothing we can knit and they are just keeping it as a surprise for us, (here's hoping). If there wont be then what would be the point of this pack? You don't just knit dolls and a cozy.
    P.S. I really hate that mailbox lol, it looks so tacky! :s:D
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    Maybe there will be an option to knit all socks and sweaters in CAS?
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    edited April 2020

The CAS items were never specified as being craftable during the vote (the objects are colour-coded to identify craftable items), and the Gurus haven't identified which clothing items, if any, are craftable.

I'd have to dig it up, but they actually did say which CAS items were going to be craftable. They just didn't say it in the vote, which is why everyone continues to speculate/hope that there are more CAS craftables than we actually got.

Link to SimGuruSarah's post
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17403963/#Comment_17403963
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    DaWaterRat wrote: »

I'd have to dig it up, but they actually did say which CAS items were going to be craftable. They just didn't say it in the vote, which is why everyone continues to speculate/hope that there are more CAS craftables than we actually got.

Link to SimGuruSarah's post
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17403963/#Comment_17403963

Thanks for digging this up (I'm not that active on these forums and I don't think it was ever reported on SimsCommunity, Twitter or on the Youtubers I follow), but man, that is not a lot of options.
    wJbomAo.png