Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Please Delete this thread, thanks!

MrCrumplebottom1MrCrumplebottom1 Posts: 1,843 Member
edited April 2020 in The Sims 3 Game Tools
Hey there!

Sims 4 - still the lack of CAW, which means I have been looking at other games, (Sims 2). But then I have been missing Sims 3's open world, and thought, why not combine the two?

So here it is, a world in progress, but here is "The District of Pleasantview!"

Screenshot-2_zpsjcjwe2p9.jpg
Screenshot-23_zpsvl6iwjlg.jpg
Screenshot-3_zpso7tsakcj.jpg
Screenshot-16_zpsgurnvvei.jpg
Screenshot-17_zpsb34cztfw.jpg
Screenshot-18_zpsoylipeln.jpg
Screenshot-19_zps1zglywbt.jpg
Screenshot-20_zpsrvkaedvc.jpg
Screenshot-21_zps7o5zzcgv.jpg
Screenshot-22_zpsuagualtv.jpg
Screenshot-24_zps56xvpxor.jpg
Screenshot-4_zpsnazaalrb.jpg
Screenshot_zpspbpkvosr.jpg
Screenshot-5_zps69isuyvi.jpg

Plans are to add a City / Downtown area. Stay Tuned!

Update 11/04/2017

So I have not made loads of copies of these lots, I simply took one, flipped it and made it into an apartment building. (everything inside, like all buildings, are completley 100% true as best as I can to how they are in Sims 2(

Screenshot_zpsmnizwujj.jpg
Screenshot-2_zpsmumkfist.jpg
Screenshot-3_zpsphtpiwtv.jpg

So here is a screenshot from The Sims 2 Downtown, for a memory jog! I am not putting the roads here exactly as it makes the area FAR to large.

Snapshot_zpslfoli35i.png

These are all the community lots but one - has been made but been relocated.

Screenshot-4_zpszbjpfk9x.jpg

Had To improvise with this building though, the only one that is not structually exact as in Sims 2.

Screenshot-5_zpsh9ntalay.jpg

With the love heart pool, I ended making Mickey Mouse! Haha! I will revist soon!

Screenshot-6_zpsjjqlcf0r.jpg

Here you will find the House of Broken Trees, and the Gothier Green Lawns community lot, relocated to what I think a better place? What do you think?

Screenshot-7_zps9ah4u1kl.jpg
(Even the terrain height is exact ;) )
Screenshot-8_zpsbughfyfn.jpg

Now, this version of Downtown is going to be relocated to its own area across the Bridge, over looking Pleasantview and the soon to be City in the background.

Screenshot-9_zpstmw829gx.jpg

And behind Pleasantview, were the Downtown is currently located, I will build a city here.
Screenshot-10_zpssnrnc3c9.jpg

Side note - I have added rabbit holes in the bottoms of some buildings were it matters, and tried to replicate as much as I can.

What do you guys think? :smile:

- Updated 11/04/2017 -
Post edited by MrCrumplebottom1 on

Comments

• ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    Oh, how very awesome ! It looks marvelous!
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    That looks great! Bookmarked.
  • flstriderflstrider Posts: 1,912 Member
    Hey Mr. C welcome back! WIP is looking wonderful so far!!!
    My World's thread linked in Sig
    NewSig.jpg

• bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
  • karasuhimechankarasuhimechan Posts: 41 Member
    Amazing...this is really nostalgic, even though it hasnt been that long since I played sims 2. Great rendition
  • MrCrumplebottom1MrCrumplebottom1 Posts: 1,843 Member
    edited April 2017
    Thank you for all the lovely comments! And I am really happy that there are people still around!!

Now, it is not much of an update, but this house has taken me pretty much all day.

Just thought it has a nice location over-looking Pleasantview!The idea that the Mayor would live here or someone important as it can be seen from all over the map so far! Haha! Enjoy!

I present Maple Manor, worth $918,500 when furnished...

Screenshot_zpssho9rku0.jpg
    Screenshot-5_zpsiw44hcdz.jpg
    Screenshot-6_zpsd45tpvap.jpg
    Screenshot-7_zpsjgpemg8u.jpg
    Screenshot-4_zpsqxqguo97.jpg
    Screenshot-3_zpsilf6rvuh.jpg
    Screenshot-8_zpsw4kkshfp.jpg
    Post edited by MrCrumplebottom1 on
  • rotatarotata Posts: 180 Member
    Hey! Glad to see you back.

Personally, I gave up with doing anything with CAW. BUT, I love to see what people do with it.

Rotata
    Update 11/04/2017

So I have not made loads of copies of these lots, I simply took one, flipped it and made it into an apartment building. (everything inside, like all buildings, are completley 100% true as best as I can to how they are in Sims 2(

Screenshot_zpsmnizwujj.jpg
    Screenshot-2_zpsmumkfist.jpg
    Screenshot-3_zpsphtpiwtv.jpg

So here is a screenshot from The Sims 2 Downtown, for a memory jog! I am not putting the roads here exactly as it makes the area FAR to large.

Snapshot_zpslfoli35i.png

These are all the community lots but one - has been made but been relocated.

Screenshot-4_zpszbjpfk9x.jpg

Had To improvise with this building though, the only one that is not structually exact as in Sims 2.

Screenshot-5_zpsh9ntalay.jpg

With the love heart pool, I ended making Mickey Mouse! Haha! I will revist soon!

Screenshot-6_zpsjjqlcf0r.jpg

Here you will find the House of Broken Trees, and the Gothier Green Lawns community lot, relocated to what I think a better place? What do you think?

Screenshot-7_zps9ah4u1kl.jpg
    (Even the terrain height is exact ;) )
    Screenshot-8_zpsbughfyfn.jpg

Now, this version of Downtown is going to be relocated to its own area across the Bridge, over looking Pleasantview and the soon to be City in the background.

Screenshot-9_zpstmw829gx.jpg

And behind Pleasantview, were the Downtown is currently located, I will build a city here.
    Screenshot-10_zpssnrnc3c9.jpg

Side note - I have added rabbit holes in the bottoms of some buildings were it matters, and tried to replicate as much as I can.

What do you guys think? :smile:
  • Greenb70Greenb70 Posts: 1,871 Member
    Looks great
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    I didn't play Sims2 until the freebie compilation came out, but, it looks pretty great to me. I love the Mickey pool.
  • KarpoKarpo Posts: 10 New Member
    great- looking forward to downloading-will it be populated
  • momboqueenmomboqueen Posts: 1,721 Member
    very nice
  • BrycenTheSimmerBrycenTheSimmer Posts: 3 New Member
    Sorry to summon this dead forum, but how's everything going? Anything new?
    Hello! No worries! I am sorry but I had to get a new computer as my last Hard drive decided to format itself so I do not have access to this, or any of my previous worlds. I am planning on recreating this at a later date,

I am currently re-finishing of my Veronaville remake at the moment.