Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Should there be a new career in the stuffpack?

I love the idea of knitting, and I love that we finally get something to do for our elder sims. But I'm scared that the knitting skill will be useless if there is no career that comes with it. The same with the singing skill, I love if my sim can sing, but I never use this skill because it doesn't do anything for a career, it actually does nothing at all...

Comments

• HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
    edited February 2020
    Im down with more careers. There really needs to be more careers in this game!

- Textile Designer/Garment Executive branch.
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • garapoesgarapoes Posts: 422 Member
    I don't think they will add a career in a stuffpack. I personally don't need more careers.
    English is not my first language so sorry if I make any mistakes!
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,888 Member
    edited February 2020
    nah I feel that selling knitted things and craft supplies with gtw is enough and id rather just concentrate on adding plenty of things to knit than make careers I am not likely to use

(still haven't done photographer career even once even tho i got moschino pack so it would most likely be same with knitting career)
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    I would love more careers but not for this pack. Your sim can just register as self employed and sell their knitting items. I do agree with the singing skill though. It would be nice to have a career to go with it.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    I'd rather not. I want knitting to be focused on as a hobby. They can simply include an option to see your creations for those that want to profit from it, without trying to attach a career to it.
  • Reallysoawkward23Reallysoawkward23 Posts: 175 Member
    I’d rather it just be a hobby where you can also sell what you make
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I'd be playing this as a hobby/rainy day activity. It makes sense to be able to sell items. I'd like to see more arts and crafts. If they want to add an option to the freelancer career, that's cool with me. I'd probably use that but I'd like to see more types of art for that.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    They cant even do knitting right I doubt the budget could also fit a career.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    I always am in for new careers, I have a vampire working towards trying them all, hoping to finally get them each done, save items in her inventory (family one) bc she's in tiny house, then use those to create bigger home after she's done.
  • TamakiSakura84TamakiSakura84 Posts: 543 Member
    I'd rather they prioritize on giving us more things to knit.
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    garapoes wrote: »
    I don't think they will add a career in a stuffpack. I personally don't need more careers.

They did in the Moschino stuff pack. A freelance one anyways.

I don't think they will in this pack though but I hope we can sell our knitting in retail stores or online in an Etsy style shop
  • ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    I really hope we can sell them on a craft table at the flea market or give them as gifts, but I wouldn't mind a freelancer career similar to the digital artist one.
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    I can't see knitting as much of a moneymaker. I once calclulated the cost of the yarn vs the price of a throw blanket, and unless you're extremely fast, proficient, and create some unusual patterns, you'd struggle to cover your cost. I've seen some smaller items - baby things especially - at craft fairs, but that's pin money for more yarn.

A friend makes quite a lot of baby hats and donates the money to charity. That might be an idea for the game - we've already got a few options for charitable donations (money at the computer, and items for Scouting), so it shouldn't be too difficult to implement. And maybe a new charity: Sims Without Yarn.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • ddd994ddd994 Posts: 418 Member
    Lol I wouldn’t describe it as an elder focused pack.. People seemed totally against the granny aspect of knitting, and the voting has shown that. The youngest, most vibrant looking BB items won, and now the CAS has been revealed, none of the items are for elders lol the development process was also discussed with the voting results, saying they make all the assets first, focusing on new gameplay features last. So, if all they are doing is adding a new knitting animation in terms of gameplay (im not into knitting irl so I don’t really know what else kinda gameplay they would actually implement other than knitting itself), they could add a career with it? I dunno what kinda career it would be though, I think it would be better if you could submit knitted tapestries (or more decorative pieces at least rather than clothing) in competitions for prizes? And focus more maybe on adding club/group activities, so you could have some kinda knitting subculture going on? Or make it some weird viral trend in game that everyone goes mad for knitting, or a crazy knitting marathon event? I dunno I’m just hoping they do something fun with it..
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    no, I don't need careers to do stuff, I hope we can sell knitted items in stores though...a little knitting store would be cute.
    Jinkx wrote: »
    I love the idea of knitting, and I love that we finally get something to do for our elder sims. But I'm scared that the knitting skill will be useless if there is no career that comes with it. The same with the singing skill, I love if my sim can sing, but I never use this skill because it doesn't do anything for a career, it actually does nothing at all...

regarding the singing, depends on how you play I guess, I have "selfemployed Rockstars/Popstars" they write songs with lyrics and perfom them at lounges and clubs (and release them), sure you don't need singing to do that but it adds to the gameplay of a singer.
    The official musician career is more that of a classical musician anyway imho.
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    edited February 2020
    Maybe register self employed in crafts and whatever Sims sell from selected activities will add up and a dollar amount will take them to the next level as the gardening career in Sims3. Or that could be added with other crafts later, so we can get more in this pack.
  • surelymaebysurelymaeby Posts: 4 New Member
    I'm always in favor of more careers, but I can see them just giving us the option to sell craft items. In this case I'd prefer it if it makes the pack more robust in terms of what we can knit.
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    I don't think this pack theme is really suited to a career tbh. Maybe a part-time one or a freelancer one at most.

As well as the ability to craft items and sell them via a selling table or a store.
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    Honestly, I don't think knitting needs a new career. Sewing would be perfect for a fashion career, but knitting alone? No. I want them to focus on the DIY/Homebusiness aspect. Maybe they could finally introduce homebusiness as a lot type in this pack.
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited March 2020
    I like the idea of career and hobby.

clubs and calendar holiday

really hope we get sawing machine at some point to
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    Looks like there might be a way to sell knitted stuff on a webshop, so I guess a sim can register to get orders and a deadline, probably like a freelance job. That would cover my need for a new career, I think.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    Yes, a seamstress, tailor, upholstery, shoemaker, hatter, glovemaster, scarfmaker, pillowmaker & quiltmaker careers.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    This is a knitting pack from what I've seen. What kind of career could you get out of that? With the possible exception of scarfmaker (hardly a career by itself), the ones noted above require totally different skills.
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    I don't want a whole new career but it would be nice to knit things and sell them.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    And we can knit and sell - online! He he. Guess Plopsy was announced after April 13th :) Plopsy allows us to sell other crafted stuff, too, like woodwork and paintings.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg