Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Beach Wedding - Not possible on a Beach Lot in Island Living?

2...Next

Comments

• Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 888 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    One of my other sims households had a wedding in their backyard which is beach overlooking the water and it went fine. Unless it just works for the natives of the island as that is all I allow to be on my islands. I also did not add any lots from any other worlds either so maybe that has some bearing on it. My islands are pretty much as they were with just furniture improvements to the houses. No mainland lots at all. I do not want vacationers here.

It was a residential lot though right? I think the problem is that you cannot choose a lot that is considered commercially a beach lot. Haven't tried myself yet so I may be wrong.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited July 2019
    Sara1010P wrote: »
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    One of my other sims households had a wedding in their backyard which is beach overlooking the water and it went fine. Unless it just works for the natives of the island as that is all I allow to be on my islands. I also did not add any lots from any other worlds either so maybe that has some bearing on it. My islands are pretty much as they were with just furniture improvements to the houses. No mainland lots at all. I do not want vacationers here.

It was a residential lot though right? I think the problem is that you cannot choose a lot that is considered commercially a beach lot. Haven't tried myself yet so I may be wrong.

Yes it was a residential lot. I also have not tried any other lot for a wedding - in fact that was my only wedding so far. I am not big on weddings - actually since Sims 2 - as Sims 2 had the honey moon and everything right so it was fun - and of course attendants stayed seated and acted like they were at a wedding. I have not been happy with the wedding since to be honest. Even having the wedding packs in Sims 3 did not make me happy with weddings as the messed up the honeymoon.
    My sims got a bad reputation for having a honeymoon in the WA worlds - those bad reps were a big pain in the you know what so I just gave up on big weddings after that.

Rarely have them in Sims 4 too for many reasons. Even the one I did have did not thrill me or did I send my sims on a Honeymoon. I just moved them into their own little house.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• FreechheitFreechheit Posts: 128 Member
    To try if it's possible to host a party, e.g. a dance party, on a beach lot (again, to clarify, I mean a lot with the lot assignment 'beach' not a lot with a beach, e.g. a lounge, bar or residential lot), you don't have to actually host the party. You can still cancel the event after selecting the location. Thank you for trying! :)
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    edited July 2019
    Why is "Lot Assignment" the dealbreaker, here, when you can decorate any lot as desired, designate it a Park, and proceed? It seems the perfect work-around to have a Wedding Event at the location of your choice.

Beaches, qua Beaches, don't qualify. Lots of places are really picky IRL about what can and can't happen on their RL beach. That needn't keep you from using the in-game location.
  • crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• FreechheitFreechheit Posts: 128 Member
    This issue has been fixed with the latest patch. :)
  • FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    I hate that we have to change the lot type in order to have certain events. I usually end up installing a "have events anywhere" mod cause the rules as it is seems so limiting. Like, I think one of the premade karaoke bars in San Myshuno has the "party place" lot trait...but you can't have any parties at karaoke bars. It's so dumb. And saying there's a work around like "just change the lot type" doesn't fix the actual problem, which is that we're being arbitrarily forced to change things in our games for no good reason. Putting to onus on the player to fix something the devs overlooked or didn't think about is not a fair practice, and we have a right to be annoyed by it. Good luck with your game, and hopefully they'll fix this in the future.