Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I returned to sims 3, I don't think I can ever return to sims 4.

Comments

• DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,135 Member
    When Sims 3 was released I was really angry about it. In Sims 2 had so much stuff and fun, in the new Sims 3 I had nothing but ugly sims and a complicated camera. Many content which felt important for me was deleted then. There wasn't even a guitar anymore. I took an important lesson, if you like a sims game wait with the follower game until they release the things or content you like or wait for longer. They want to earn money, so they have to do something for it.
  • jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    Actually for me I was very excited when sims 3 was released ! I played and played for months and months just the base game. Sims 4 base game only lasted a few weeks then I was bored out of my mind.
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Welcome back to a game that we can actually call a game. The Sims 3 is amazing! Better than TS4 still 11 years after.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Welcome back to a game that we can actually call a game. The Sims 3 is amazing! Better than TS4 still 11 years after.

IMO the first 3 games are so amazing and such a delight...and this........installment....is such a joke...lol I hope TS5 is just like the first 3...
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    For me TS2 rocks! Even been getting some TS1 time in. TS4 may be prettier and smoother (with admittedly some nice features the old ones lack due to technology advances) but the older ones give me more for my spent long ago buck. Maybe TS3 deserves being given a 3rd chance?
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    edited April 2020

IMO the first 3 games are so amazing and such a delight...and this........installment....is such a joke...lol I hope TS5 is just like the first 3...

The craziest thing is that a game which was created in 2004 is still more realistic than a game created in 2014. Please can somebody explain me why? This is just too crazy for me to try to understand how...Anyway, still there's some people who will come for my neck and try to convince me how amazing and beautiful TS4 is while they are still starving each months for some news.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • rhaliusrhalius Posts: 445 Member
    What mainly baffles me is that they haven't put a sims 1 complete package on Origin yet.
    I seem to have lost half the expansions of it, including making magic which is my favorite. Also installing all CD's is a pain.
    But I'd love to play it again, the first game had it's charm too. Mainly for being aimed at a more adult audience and being outright creepy at times.
    Also it had a lot of content that we NEVER saw again in the later three games. None ever did the magic part as good as making magic did, which also might have had the best soundtrack of any sims game/expansion.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    Maybe they're afraid the newer players will see what they've been missing and revolt. Yes, 1 had a lot of really good features that they didn't carry over. My favorites are the little pond to sail boats and feed fish, the shack where you got the boats, fish food, and picnic baskets that produced a real picnic, the hot dog cart, the in store counters for icecream, pastries, and sandwiches, the little village with the New Orleans feel- including the wandering sax player, the making magic pack (the ones for hollywood & vacations were cool, too), the different style of racks for each type of clothing you got for your sims, the chemistry set, the ability to put real photos on your computer into the game (don't remember if that was Maxis or 3rd party), and so much more. For the 1st in the series it really went into new places and was not afraid to explore.
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,525 Member
    I really hope EA gives TS4 sim personalities more love with a trait and emotions overhaul.
    I'm back to The Sims 3 as well and I am enjoying it so much.

(Until Final Fantasy VII Remake came out. :# )

I had been waiting years for University for The Sims 4 as I felt it would be the final pack I needed to seriously start playing my TS4 sims.
    But it's not the packs, it's these sims. They are just so uninteresting to play because they lack personality, and also fun social dynamics from the interaction of those different personality types. Packs feel like temporary distraction from the boredom that lasts 2 or 3 weeks.

The Sims 4 has gone on to have some really great features, but the heart of the game seems to be missing a soul to me.
    As I play TS3, I do find myself missing a lot of great features from TS4, like saving rooms, or plopping a larger house on a smaller lot.
    That would have save me a lot of time rebuilding favorite homes on a smaller lot, or having to go without.

But even with that, I would rather play TS3 now as I wait to see what TS4 brings.
    I've stopped buying after University though. I don't want to spend another dime if they aren't going to do anything about traits, or rework the emotion system so emotions aren't overpowered by happiness. I'd rather plop in mods as the modders seem to be the only ones who want to fix the issues. (Slice of Life, Meaningful Stories, Life Tragedies)
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Huiiie_07Huiiie_07 Posts: 1,200 Member
    edited April 2020
    "sIMs 3 is dA bESt gAmE SimS4 bAD!!!!11111"
    -a random forum user

No but really, I also have a few gripes about TS4, but those don't bother me so much that I would stop playing because of them. I play and enjoy both TS3 and TS4 (yes, you CAN like both!), though I usually only play one game for weeks before playing the other one for weeks. I know TS4 misses things from TS3, and I am not afraid to voice my discontent for the most offending issues (musical chairs anyone?), but I still enjoy it for what it is. Sure, having more defined personalities would be great, and it can be annoying at times when sims don't act how I'd want them to according to their personalities, but I still enjoy the game regardless. Maybe it's because I can always go back to TS3 if something particular about TS4 drives me nuts, but this is the same for TS3, since this game, regardless of what some people would like others to believe, isn't perfect either. It's both of the games' strong points that always get me back to them.
    Origin ID: Huiiie_07

I like to build stuff
  • MissyHissyMissyHissy Posts: 2,022 Member
    edited April 2020
    Huiiie_07 wrote: »
    -a random forum user

No but really, I also have a few gripes about TS4, but those don't bother me so much that I would stop playing because of them. I play and enjoy both TS3 and TS4 (yes, you CAN like both!), though I usually only play one game for weeks before playing the other one for weeks. I know TS4 misses things from TS3, and I am not afraid to voice my discontent for the most offending issues (musical chairs anyone?), but I still enjoy it for what it is. Sure, having more defined personalities would be great, and it can be annoying at times when sims don't act how I'd want them to according to their personalities, but I still enjoy the game regardless. Maybe it's because I can always go back to TS3 if something particular about TS4 drives me nuts, but this is the same for TS3, since this game, regardless of what some people would like others to believe, isn't perfect either. It's both of the games' strong points that always get me back to them.

I enjoy playing both too. If there's a family, or a game, I have going in Sims 3 that I miss, I'll just go back to it. These days, I'm mostly playing Sims 4 because I enjoy it for longer and get more lost in the game. Both games have their qualities though that make them good games to me. I don't play Sims 3 as much any more, as there are more things there that drive me nuts. I think there's something more balanced about playing both and appreciating the great qualities of both games, without one needing to be better than the other. <3
    *All my mods can be found on The Daily Plumbob*MiAqoAE.png
    It's fine to enjoy both, I do have 4 installed still. Mainly to build things and create sims with. But actually playing the game is no fun to me because there's no personality. It's a life simulator that fails to simulate life. The shell is beautiful, but empty.

Sims 3 certainly has it's flaws. Which is why I mainly would expect a sequel to correct it. They did to some extent, but it's like fixing up an old car but taking the motor out. Sure it looks pretty on the drive way, but you can't go for a ride with it.

They have yet to make a sims game that captures what made every previous installment popular. With every installment they toss out too many things. I don't mean stuff that will return in expansions, but things that truly are at the core of the game that expansions can't fix.
  • FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    I am planning to go back to TS2 actually and I kind of feel I would be in the same boat as you after that. There are some things I would need to fix in TS2 that really stop me from playing it other than what you already mentioned about building tools and graphics (although TS2 is not even so bad).
    The thing about TS2 that killed me was the time standing still while you were away. And also did not really like the dead neighborhood.
    But still.. these things won't ever make it worse than TS4. Gameplay is utterly important.
  • MagnezoneMagnezone Posts: 212 Member
    I feel a lot of people are doing this lately - returning to 2 and 3 and realising they're much better.

I like the aesthetics of 4 a lot (i mean, look at my avatar and sig) but it's not a fun game imo unless you make a bunch of young adults and have them party and do... young adult things. If I want to have fun with families, I play 2 or 3. It used to be just 2, and I still think 2 is by far the best for family play due to its rotational style, but after returning to 3 a couple months back, it's actually... really good, because when it comes to content, it's HUGE.
    My blog full of things that never get finished!
    XVlamuQ.png
    Magnezone, the lover of Calientes, Lotharios, Landgraabs and Curiouses everywhere.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,701 Member
    What's important is that you're now playing a version that brings you more joy. Have fun. 😊
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,015 Member
    edited April 2020
    Huiiie_07 wrote: »
    EA42mJJXYAEzxWF_(2).jpg
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
    The thing is that with sims 2 and 3, they really where thinking big when it came to making improvements.

Sims 2 is pretty much a perfect sequel as far as videogames go, improved in pretty much every way. It's mainly style choices and some interesting objects we never saw again from sims 1.

And with sims 3 they gave us open worlds, traits and great customisation. We could finally let all furniture match in color and there's a big world to explore.

With sims 4 they gave us.. emotions as the main selling point? And they rolled back everything sims 3 offered. No open world, limited color wheels and far less traits that sims can't have as much of either and which have less impact.
    Sure, visuals improved. That's to be expected from any sequel. But they did not offer enough new improvements to offset what they removed.
    And emotions turned out to be meaningless in practice, having little effect. Sims show more emotion in previous games even without their portrait turning a different color.
  • ZoreloraZorelora Posts: 54 Member
    Sims 4 is so pretty but it lacks so much and I'm bored within a few weeks. There are already 32 packs here but seems to have no promising future anymore(so as my wallet).
    Yeah I don't think I'll buy any sims 4 expansions anymore either, didn't buy the last few. Unless they manage to make sims unique again in personality, I'm not interested and all new content is meaningless to me since all sims will react exactly the same to the new stuff.

So hopefully with sims 5, but they'd need to have a pretty good basegame for me to buy that on release. With sims 4 I also waited untill some expansions where out. Then again sims 4 had the weakest release of all sims games, didn't even have pools or toddlers and most jobs where unrealistic things. They had crazy stuff like rockets, but not even dishwashers. Priorities where seriously messed up.

So I'll probably just stick with sims 3 when I play sims, Sims 5 might need to be out for at least a year before it's worthwhile switching. IF it is actually good that is. We don't really know anything of sims 5 yet, other than that it's inevitable.
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited April 2020
    Daravi wrote: »
    When Sims 3 was released I was really angry about it. In Sims 2 had so much stuff and fun, in the new Sims 3 I had nothing but ugly sims and a complicated camera. Many content which felt important for me was deleted then. There wasn't even a guitar anymore. I took an important lesson, if you like a sims game wait with the follower game until they release the things or content you like or wait for longer. They want to earn money, so they have to do something for it.

there was a guitar in the sims 3 and a career with it. it was also featured in the trailer

Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    It might be controversial, whilst I loved sims 2 and had a lot of fun playing it in the past, since sims 3 came out I can’t go back to sims 2 anymore. Too many issues. Travelling to community lot is a hassle and your skills won’t even improve in community lot. The way time is handled when travelling bothers me. I recently tried to go back to sims 2 and I only managed to play 30min and gave up. Even sims 4 is better than sims 2 but sims 3 is still the best overall.
  • MagnezoneMagnezone Posts: 212 Member
    jimbbq wrote: »
    It might be controversial, whilst I loved sims 2 and had a lot of fun playing it in the past, since sims 3 came out I can’t go back to sims 2 anymore. Too many issues. Travelling to community lot is a hassle and your skills won’t even improve in community lot. The way time is handled when travelling bothers me. I recently tried to go back to sims 2 and I only managed to play 30min and gave up. Even sims 4 is better than sims 2 but sims 3 is still the best overall.
    This is why I use community skilling. Highly recommended, borderline essential mod. I think The Sims 2 with content mods > The Sims 4 with content mods, since it's a lot easier to fix TS2's issues than it is to fix TS4's imo.
    My blog full of things that never get finished!
    XVlamuQ.png
    Magnezone, the lover of Calientes, Lotharios, Landgraabs and Curiouses everywhere.
    I don't think there's any mods that fix Sims 4's lack of individual sims options though because that would require rewriting the game pretty much to get traits to actually do something.
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,403 Member
    edited April 2020
    Want smoother running game? https://www.nraas.net/community/Mods-List?sid=2e84dae5079c1fd60c76531d1704d8eb

Want different looking sims.
    SLIDERS!!!!!
    Screenshot-6.jpg
    ~evil grin~

I’ve got other cute pix of Kimber (the redhead sim) they’re NSFW and I don’t wanna get banned. ~really evil grin~.

😖😖😖😖😫😩😐
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~