Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A word from our team: coming soon to The Sims 4

Comments

• Robag10Robag10 Posts: 5 New Member
    I have pretty much enjoyed everything they have done, so anything they do will be OK with me. Having said that, some of my fondest memories came from Sims 3 and I would like to see them recreated. I had a lot of fun playing genie characters. Also, there was one game where I went to the future via a time machine and came back with a child. Good times.
  • CAF84CAF84 Posts: 113 Member
    Update? What update? Of course they're working on an expansion pack, a stuff pack and a game pack. That is not news. No vague timescales on any of them (understandably in current times, nothing is concrete), but what is the harm in just revealing the theme at least? No word on features understandably as things are still very prone to change, but unless they're planning on scrapping months of work and starting a new one, how does it hurt to share the theme with loyal fans who could do with an uplift in troubling times? Calling this an update is laughable.
  • emiobixemiobix Posts: 88 Member
    [quote="Drbigt;c-17448968"][quote="Huiiie_07;c-17448587"]I hope this is [i]really[/i] new content they're talking about and not [i]another [/i]old theme recycled into TS4 again...[/quote]

But what could they even possible recycle anymore? All the old themes from TS 3 and TS 2 have already been released. We're treading new ground here.[/quote]

Sims 4 is actually missing a lot and is very much given to us in pieces for example The Sims 3: Ambitions had laundry, self-employed, Stylist, Investigators etc. Does any of that sound familiar to you?
    The Sims 3: Ambitions has new traits too including Eco-Friendly.

So we could recycle:
    Tattoo artist
    🐸🐸🐸🐸/Fortune Teller career
    Basicallly most of Sims 2: Freetime
    Architect/interior design
    Ghost Hunter
    Sims 2: Celebration! Stuff and Teen Style Stuff/Sims 3: Generations
    Bass, drums and synthesizer
    Acrobat
    Magician
    Golfing
    Pool table
    Equestrian
    Snowboard
    ....I could go on and on and on...
    Hell even just ponds from The Sims Hot Date where you could buy fish food or rent a radio-controlled boat.
  • bythedreadwolfbythedreadwolf Posts: 832 Member
    edited April 2020
    Nothing that we already didn't know, but I guess it's nice of them to confirm it... Not happy with the "I’m super excited about the theme the team has chosen—I think it will be a surprise to many of you." which means it's not farms or cars or any other stuff that people have been asking for.

Also:
    The team has also been hard at work on some new surprise additions we plan to bring to the game over the summer. They are not massive changes
    Pretty hilarious to me that they had to basically tell us "don't get your hopes up for things like a overhaul to personalities, babies, etc". This is just sad at this point. I'll probably not buy any more packs (haven't bought any in the last year or so) because it's getting pretty clear they won't make massive overhauls to the game anymore and it will be just adding stuff on top of it (which to me won't make the game any better) until TS5 gets here. Time to go to the TS5 waiting room I guess.
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Nothing that we already didn't know, but I guess it's nice of them to confirm it... Not happy with the "I’m super excited about the theme the team has chosen—I think it will be a surprise to many of you." which means it's not farms or cars or any other stuff that people have been asking for.

Also:
    The team has also been hard at work on some new surprise additions we plan to bring to the game over the summer. They are not massive changes
    Pretty hilarious to me that they had to basically tell us "don't get your hopes up for things like a overhaul to personalities, babies, etc". This is just sad at this point. I'll probably not buy any more packs (haven't bought any in the last year or so) because it's getting pretty clear they won't make massive overhauls to the game anymore and it will be just adding stuff on top of it (which to me won't make the game any better) until TS5 gets here. Time to go to the TS5 waiting room I guess.

Holy...I didn't notice that...:( such a terrible shame...yeah I am beyond ready for TS5 at this point.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Besides everything bad everyone's been saying, I'm still excited about these packs. Since The Sims 4 is the first version of the game that I have to actualy wait for content, I havent been let down greatly yet, so you could say I'm still a child who believes in santa, even if his latest gifts haven't been exactly what I expected.

In other words, I'll wait for these packs with a smile on my face and I will probably be pretty satisfied with the final result.

This 😁😁😁😁😁😁
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • bythedreadwolfbythedreadwolf Posts: 832 Member

Also:

Holy...I didn't notice that...:( such a terrible shame...yeah I am beyond ready for TS5 at this point.

Yeah, that or I'll just permanently move to Paralives when it gets here. They posted a new video showing a loft and it already looks 10 times better than TS4. Lol
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,018 Member
    CAF84 wrote: »
    but what is the harm in just revealing the theme at least?
    Maybe they're saving it for an EAPlay stream, to drive up hype and make sure people are watching. They did that last year, and boy was RoM hype-worthy.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    EA_Mai wrote: »
    In our most recent blog article, SimGuruDuke shares a bit about what the team is planning for the coming months as we all adjust to our new normal.

Check it out here!: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/news/the-sims-4-2020-plans

ts4-april-6-blog-image.png.adapt.1456w.png

Very cool EA. Now about the news....where them at?
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • DaisatronDaisatron Posts: 2 New Member
    Is anyone else having issues with get famous pack now there's an update? My sim won't attend gigs, there's no reminder an hour before and when the time comes nothing happens!
  • Ingrid94Ingrid94 Posts: 2 New Member
    I was hoping to see a multiplayer or online function in the future. I read in the update that it was NOT gonna be a multiplayer function. But why? Is it inpossible? Am i the only one that wants to play sims online with friends? :D
  • neshacrews2neshacrews2 Posts: 4 New Member
    Is anyone else having a Get Famous related glitch? My actress sim won't go to her gigs after I changed her acting agency...was really looking forward to those because the gigs are one of my favorite parts of playing! This is the second time it's happened and I was thinking the latest patch had something to do with it because this wasn't happening before. Here's the thread I found that addressed the issue when it happened a while back.
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/952103/sim-wont-go-to-gigs#latest
  • StrictlySimishStrictlySimish Posts: 21 Member
    Any guesses on what the packs will be about??

I hope they have something to do with house flipping/renovating!
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    House flipping and spelunking sound fun! But I’m still hoping for bands/orchestras.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • neshacrews2neshacrews2 Posts: 4 New Member
    @EuphorialQueen Thanks for sharing! It's definitely a solution and most people are saying it works but I'd rather just wait till the next update than have to leave my actress sim on the same lot for two days after once again sending her off for an audition. I get tired of doing this repetitive aspect of the game and just want to get to the gig. Helpful for others willing to do that again though, personally think I'll be taking a break.
  • Elly_JonesElly_Jones Posts: 32 Member
    Looking forward to it!
  • Ingrid94Ingrid94 Posts: 2 New Member
    > @EuphorialQueen said:
    > @Ingrid94 @neshacrews2
    > Please see the workaround in this thread at AnswersHQ
    > Actors won't go to Gigs
    > https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/WORKAROUND-GF-Acting-Career-Sim-not-getting-gig-pop-up/m-p/8935834#M127444

I didn't understand what this had to do with my question about multiplayer function :)
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    edited April 2020

Also:

Yeah, that or I'll just permanently move to Paralives when it gets here. They posted a new video showing a loft and it already looks 10 times better than TS4. Lol

Paralives still looks like a mobile game, to me. I'm not thrilled about it at all.
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member

Also:

Paralives still looks like a mobile game, to me. I'm not thrilled about it at all.

Then don't play it. Me on the other hand I am looking forward to it.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,442 Member

Also:

I recently saw some statements from devs that it's going to have rabbit hole buildings like Sims 3, so it's looking more and more like a Sims 3 doppelganger, which has kind of killed my interest in it. But at least the Sims 3 players will be happy to have that kind of game back.
    #Team Occult
  • EA_MaiEA_Mai Posts: 1,800 EA Staff (retired)
    edited April 2020
    Hey everyone, let's remember what this thread is about and get it back on topic.
  • Aged_PerfectAged_Perfect Posts: 1 New Member
    Awesome! I hope Sixam is apart of it. I was quite disappointed to find out that I couldn't live on sixam. I was kind of expecting Sixam to be like the movie Planet 51. And Holy Llama I got so excited when my sim FINALLY reached lvl 10 in the scientist Career, that I downloaded futuristic cc, like clothing and buildings... Just to find out its for research and visiting a party, a party with human looking furniture and bar. Fingers Crossed!
  • momboqueenmomboqueen Posts: 1,721 Member

Also:

Watched a video on it today and it looked amazing to me. Already put it on my wishlist
  • AnnaleinAnnalein Posts: 5 New Member
    Surprises are great and all... But can we just have a fricking Travel expansion? My Sims are dying to cheat on their partners with a French baker...