Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

**TS3* Build-n-Share Challenge #236 **Empty Nest** **Due 31st March 2021**

Comments

• seabenseaben Posts: 631 Member
    ciane wrote: »

@ciane this link takes me to your word press blog but i can't find this months challenge i can only find previous challenges are you sure you uploaded everything properly ?
    my sims 3 shell challenges https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/974534/the-sims-3-shell-challenge-corner-challenge-4-due-july-31th/p1 or check out my sims blog https://seabensims.wordpress.com/ my Wishlist is seaben06 on the sims 3 store and my oid is also seaben06
  • creativemetaphorcreativemetaphor Posts: 1,543 Member

For some reason this link is not working for me.
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    I KNEW it didn't look right, but of course it worked for me when I tested it because it's my site. Let's try this:
    http://cianesims.home.blog/builds/bns/mini-beach
    I can't believe how decorated your build is @ciane for only having 30k it's amazing
    my sims 3 shell challenges https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/974534/the-sims-3-shell-challenge-corner-challenge-4-due-july-31th/p1 or check out my sims blog https://seabensims.wordpress.com/ my Wishlist is seaben06 on the sims 3 store and my oid is also seaben06
    basements are cheap. They are the best way to save money. And, of course, an open plan living... 'cause walls are expensive. I choose cheap stuff where it doesn't matter and then get good plumbing and beds because you don't want a bad mood from poor sleep or cold showers. :smiley:
    My build costed 16k before I even furnished it I need to get better at planing my budget
    seaben wrote: »
    My build costed 16k before I even furnished it I need to get better at planing my budget

That actually sounds about normal @seaben. I am pretty sure mine was at least 15k.

• iampes23iampes23 Posts: 704 Member
    edited April 2020
    ***Easter Bonus Challenge—Will NOT Be Judged***

**This challenge is just for fun. Some of you have already finished the monthly challenge. As many of us are stuck at home needing something to occupy our time, and because someone did request it, I have re-written an Easter challenge I wrote before but could not find at the start of the month. Do it if you want to. Try to stay in the budget, but no one is going to kill you for going over. Enjoy!! :D

You put some flooring and tile sample catalogs back in their bookcase, pushing hard to get them back in their places. Then you stretch and yawn, thankful that it is Friday. The clock on the wall reads 4:45pm, and your last appointment for the week is late. You check your schedule and read that the couple’s name is Cottontail. You smile, since Easter is coming up fast.
    A brief knock at the door is followed by Rose’s head popping in as the door swings open. She announces that your client has arrived, and you let her know to show the client in right away.
    After a moment, a rather sad, drooping man walks through the door. He is very tall, with bright green eyes and brown hair. He is carrying a cup of something in this drooping hand, and you are seriously concerned that the liquid may splash out onto your freshly cleaned carpet.
    You greet your client and ask him to sit down. “Are we waiting for your wife, Mr. Cottontail?”
    He sags down into a chair in front of your desk. “No,” he says sadly. He sighs heavily. “Lily and I got married a few months ago. We currently live in a small studio apartment. We were happy...” He pauses and sighs again. He continues with more urgency and anxiety in his voice. “Even from the beginning, I don’t believe that Lily really believed that I was telling her the truth about the Cottontail family curse. I explained it several times, until she started getting upset with me.” He takes a huge swig of whatever is in the cup. He looks up and sees you looking at the cup. “Carrot juice. Healthy and natural.” He grins slightly. “Anyway, we just found out that we are expecting. The shock has been too much for Lily. She is resting. We desperately need your help.”
    As Mr. Cottontail pauses for breath, you put on your most charming smile. “If you need help with a new home, I can certainly help you. What are you looking for in a new home, Mr. Cottontail?”
    He smiles back with a tiny spark of hope in his eyes. “Thank you. The most important thing is the due date at the end of this month. We need to be in the new house by then. You see, we are having sextuplets. We need far more space before the babies come home.”
    “Sextuplets! Six babies? Wow! Congratulations!” you gush, unable to contain your amazement over this news. You do a double-take. Are those whiskers on his face? Was his hair that fluffy when he came in?
    “Thanks so much!” He smiles with obvious pride. “Large lit...having multiple babies run in my family. Lily did not understand before today. But I want to ease her into motherhood with as little stress to her as possible. That is why we need the new house so quickly.”
    “I agree with that.” you say comfortingly. “Moving with six babies would be very difficult. So, do you need seven bedrooms?”
    He laughs slightly. “No, I feel that having all those separate rooms would just make it harder to tend all of the babies. We will need a master bedroom and en suite, of course. For the kids, I think two nurseries would be best: one for the girls, and one for the boys. And two bathrooms for them as well. Let’s see. A laundry room would be necessary. A large eat-in country kitchen and pantry, a small study for my books, and a large family room are all important. I also need a small gym, to keep fit. I run marathons. Lily is very creative, and she needs space for her painting, arts and crafts, and basket weaving. It needs to be a large, airy room. We have an Easter delivery business that is family run, so we have many people helping out this month.”
    You look up from taking notes. You falter as you notice his ears seem to be elongated. You shake your head slightly. “Is there any special theme or color scheme that you would like for your home?”
    “We appreciate bright, cheerful colors. But the nurseries should be in pastels, I think,” Mr. Cottontail says, wiggling his long whiskers that are coming from his nose. “I am worried about our budget. Will $180,000 be enough to do all that, and make a small play area for the kids outdoors?”
    “I can certainly work with that budget, Mr. Cottontail,” you say happily as he takes another swig of carrot juice.
    Mr. Cottontail stands up and shakes your hand. “You have made my day! I can’t wait to let Lily know it is all taken care of! Thanks very much! This makes the curse much easier to bear! You see, every Easter month, every year, the oldest son of our family turns into the Easter Bunny. You can imagine how weird that is!” He laughs again. “My name, after all, is Peter Cottontail!”
    You feel your jaw drop as your client literally hops out of your office!

The Brief:
    --due by the May 15th.
    --the budget is $180,000(including the cost of the lot).
    --use cheerful colors in the house and pastels in the babies’ rooms.
    --create a 3 bedroom/3 bath home.
    --it needs a large country kitchen and pantry, a laundry room, a small study, a small gym, a large family room, and a large arts and crafts room for the Easter deliveries.
    --landscape and create an outdoor play area for the kids.

Sims Challenge:
    --create the Lily and Peter Cottontail. Lily can be pregnant, or create the 6 babies.
    --include pictures of their clothes(one of Peter’s outfits should be the bunny costume, if you have it).
    --show them enjoying their new home!

LOL Now maybe I can get my entry ready... I hope y'all enjoy the Easter Bonus challenge!
    edited April 2020
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM #225 - A Tiny Hangout
    NAME: iampes23
    LINK TO LOT: none since I used CC, but I can do mediafire if anyone wants to download them
    LINK TO MEDIA: https://imgur.com/a/fpNxf83
    OPTIONAL CHALLENGE: https://imgur.com/a/F9sUaOo
    LEVEL: advanced
    LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST: 20x15 placed lot in Sunlit Tides, lot was $600, final cost $30,592
    LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: (Guy was made with headphones instead of ear buds because I could not find any to use.)
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes, please
    CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED: CC from TSR and my own patterns
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    GlqP0Bo.jpg
    dGFtj2E.jpg
    Post edited by iampes23 on
    Love the new challenge. I've found a house to sim already. By making Lily and Peter in CAS, I'll give them six toddlers instead of babies; and the oldest boy will PJ - Peter Junior! The House is the YMCA Easter House in Florida. Here's a link if you are interested:
    https://www.ymcaeasterhouse.org/
    edited April 2020
    Love the new challenge. I've found a house to sim already. By making Lily and Peter in CAS, I'll give them six toddlers instead of babies; and the oldest boy will PJ - Peter Junior! The House is the YMCA Easter House in Florida. Here's a link if you are interested:
    https://www.ymcaeasterhouse.org/

Awesome! I can't wait to see what you can do with it! Oh, yeah--toddlers are fine too!
  • KgaffKgaff Posts: 1,614 Member
    edited April 2020
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM #225 - A Tiny Hangout

NAME: Kgaff

LINK TO LOT: n/a

LINK TO MEDIA: https://www.flickr.com/photos/183138166@N05/albums/72157713834353226

OPTIONAL CHALLENGE: n/a I might do it later

LEVEL: intermediate

LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST: 20 x 15, Somewhere on Pinochle Point, $29,995

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: I built Guy a small modern house with a totally open first floor with a small eat-in kitchen, separate (but still open) study space and a half-bath. The living room has a huge Tv and gaming system for all those video nights.

The upper floor has Guy’s bedroom and private bath with a small balcony overlooking his small backyard.

In the back there is a plink plonk table, a fire pit and a kegerator. The guys should be happy hanging out here.

I figured Guy would not be the type to keep up a fancy landscape so I kept it simple with ground cover, a few trees and flowers and bushes that need no care.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: "yes"
    CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED: n/a
    TWITTER TAG: (entirely optional but makes it easier for us to tag you) n/a
    FACEBOOK PROFILE: (entirely optional but makes it easier for us to tag you) na
    TUMBLR LINK: (entirely optional but makes it easier for us to tag you)
    SPACE FOR PICTURES: (limit 2)

49757593413_903541f891_h.jpg

49758449297_69bb89704f_h.jpg
    Post edited by Kgaff on
    Wow, you got three floors and a washing machine in your build! I love that cute kitchen clutter cc. The beach theme is a popular one, isn't it?
    So, as it turns out... 180,000 doesn't go quite far enough to build this. Or rather... it builds this... but not one cent to furnish it with! LOL Let's start over... :D
    screenshot.jpg
    @iampes23 Woohoo, another beach theme! <3 Love it!

@Kgaff That is lovely! I like how as he... ehem... matures, the decor can be updated and still fit with the house as a whole.
    @Kgaff -LOVE your build! It's a great shape and nicely modern. The hedges and trees work perfectly. I also love the bathroom walls, that rug in the living area, and the wy you used those windows as outer walls! Nice!!!

Oh my word @creativemetaphor - THAT's quite the Easter house! I had no problems staying in budget on much less elaborate plan.
    So, as it turns out... 180,000 doesn't go quite far enough to build this. Or rather... it builds this... but not one cent to furnish it with! LOL Let's start over... :D
    screenshot.jpg

LOL It is only a 3-bedroom home. But that is a lovely mansion!
    Wow, you got three floors and a washing machine in your build! I love that cute kitchen clutter cc. The beach theme is a popular one, isn't it?

Thanks! Yes, it really is. I used the beach theme because the area I placed the lot on was between two bodies of water. :)

Oh my word @creativemetaphor - THAT's quite the Easter house! I had no problems staying in budget on much less elaborate plan.

Yeah, it kinda got away from me a little... :#
    iampes23 wrote: »

LOL It is only a 3-bedroom home. But that is a lovely mansion!

LOL hey, don't harsh on my creativity, man! :p
    You know, @creativemetaphor - I am fairly certain that you could just remove that top floor and about half of the middle floor and still have the same look; yet have enough to sparsely furnish the inside.
    @ciane Yeah probably, but I've already started over on a smaller version anyway :)
  • KgaffKgaff Posts: 1,614 Member
    I just spent the last half hour looking at all the fun hangouts!

@creativemetaphor It’s very beachy indeed! The totem pole made me laugh, great touch and the furnishings are very eclectic!

@StephSteb Wow, your tiny hangout looks so large, nice style and I love the porch!

@seaben Really nice layout for a small place and a big porch is always nice. I like the way you worked in the color orange.

@ciane cute beach house. Nice choice of the blue, easy on the eyes. I didn’t know you could raise/lower that curtain over the sink.

@iampes23 Another nice beach house. I like the kitchen clutter ( ahh, custom content, I miss thee) Love the pantry with the pringles cans. Those lockers are really cool, wish I had thought of that.
    I do use a mod that lets me slide some curtains up and down. The curtains download in place, but if a person tries to change them and doesn't have the mod, then it reverts to whatever its normal position is.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top