Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What will Expansion Pack 9 be ?

Comments

• Felicity1169Felicity1169 Posts: 592 Member
    edited April 2020
    The only thing I could find in the most recent patch note that seems like a possible hint was
    This is the second travel issue in the game… was it trying to tell us something?
    which maybe means one of the upcoming packs might be travel related or maybe means nothing.

SERVERFRA wrote: »
    How about Showtime with Fairies that play the flute. My imagination ran wild, lol.
    That's actually sound like a really fun idea! You could include Pan as an NPC.
  • mimilu04mimilu04 Posts: 83 Member
    The only thing I could find in the most recent patch note that seems like a possible hint was
    This is the second travel issue in the game… was it trying to tell us something?
    which maybe means one of the upcoming packs might be travel related or maybe means nothing.

I thought about that for a second then realised it's probably about the current lockdown.
  • SimsStarfishSimsStarfish Posts: 147 Member
    Considering the hint "major first" as a pack they have not done before, this could be a few things.

Romance Pack
    As far as I can remember there has not been a pack focused solely on Romance.
    The fact that there is still no slow dancing seems way to suspicious like they have been saving it for a specific pack.
    The fact that online dating has not been introduced is also weird.
    The wedding industry is getting even bigger.
    They could make a Game Pack or Expansion which includes new interactions like slow dancing and other socials, online dating system, a new wedding event and system with all sorts of choices, an attraction system, honeymoons and hotels.

Wild Cards
    There were also a few surveys done where they mentioned amusement parks, a entrepreneurs pack where you can flip houses, own galleries etc and a few others.

For the Expansion it could also be a something new as they mentioned a "surprise". It could also be Farming.
    With those off the grid items, they could add more to make a fully off the grid lifestyle
    There's Horses, maybe chickens for eggs cows for milk etc
    They could overhaul gardening and allow for big crop harvests.
    They could also bring back those "farm style festivals" from TS3 Seasons where you could bob for apples and play games.
    There's a lot to do for this pack and a big demand.
    They could also do a medieval take on farming and add some occult in as well.

I think that Farming might have more content for an Expansion than Romance but it depends on how much they include and there is a lot to do for Romance as well.
    I think after Strangeville they would probably want to introduce maybe one "classic" Sims pack and maybe one pack they have never done before, rather than doing two brand new packs. But after University they may feel like they can do two new wildcard packs.

I would like to get Farming, Romance and Winter Pack this year with hotels included somewhere but at this point I really dont know where they are headed.

• YBNS2468YBNS2468 Posts: 240 Member
    edited April 2020
    The Sims is celebrating 20 years ... Would be nice to get an expansion that focuses on going back to the past!😊
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,351 Member
    YBNS2468 wrote: »
    The Sims is celebrating 20 years ... Would be nice to get an expansion that focuses on going back to the past!😊

Depends on which past, where we visit the past, and which interpretation of said past we're talking about...
  • LifeofthelovedLifeoftheloved Posts: 3 New Member
    it would be awesome if they had a pack for a school especially if you could make your own school anbe the principal!
  • Nekomata19Nekomata19 Posts: 105 Member
    Considering the hint "major first" as a pack they have not done before, this could be a few things.

Romance Pack
    As far as I can remember there has not been a pack focused solely on Romance.
    The fact that there is still no slow dancing seems way to suspicious like they have been saving it for a specific pack.
    The fact that online dating has not been introduced is also weird.
    The wedding industry is getting even bigger.
    They could make a Game Pack or Expansion which includes new interactions like slow dancing and other socials, online dating system, a new wedding event and system with all sorts of choices, an attraction system, honeymoons and hotels.

I'd love a romance pack, but The Sims had Hot Date, so technically they have done one before. However, they really haven't done one since to my knowledge. There were some romance additions in The Sims 2 Nightlife. I never played Sims 3, but I don't recall hearing about a romance themed pack. So they could consider it fairly new, as this team has definitely never done one. Maybe they'd do it for the Expansion? But it wouldn't be this Game Pack.

I'd say the same for a winter vacation--at least for the game pack. Again, they could do it for the Expansion since they only said the Expansion was a surprise.

Personally I'd love either those--though I'm leaning a lot more towards something romance related. I have no clue what either could be, but I'd definitely be into something band/music related. I don't believe they ever had a pack that focused solely on that as that sort of thing tended to be included with either fame or university. So it could be made into a "first ever" Game Pack.
    The Game Pack could also be farming, even though I personally don't see the appeal when we already have a lot of what's necessary to have a farm--minus horses/cows/chickens. We can already plant vegetables and flowers, harvest things, and sell those in the base game. So if they are going to do it, a Game Pack would make sense if only for the extra work for horses.

But that's just my two cents.
  • SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    I'd hate Superheroes or Future Travelling. And I don't need showtime so soon after so many fame-instagram-EPs.
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Dakota88 wrote: »
    I'd hate Superheroes or Future Travelling. And I don't need showtime so soon after so many fame-instagram-EPs.

I have a feeling it will be something like this. Superhero or supernatural. I could have sworn I read somewhere in the blog that a small group of people would be happy. Honestly I am not excited about any of the ideas they come up with because they are usually way off from what I am interested in.
  • OrangemonOrangemon Posts: 16 Member
    We've had vampires and magicians, do we really need more popculture in superheroes and supernatural? I think they would be niche, more "one and done" than strangerville and people would only use them during halloween or when a new marvel film comes out.

It's really time we had some adult focussed packs based on the 1920s:

1. 1920s mystery inspired pack, perhaps to add in Seanse evenings or Cluedo evenings. More types of Event that doesn't revolve around simply drinking and dancing.

2. 1920s Downtown world so inner city gallery builds don't look so out of place. With Downtown bring back the more negative aspects of home life including burglars.

3. 1920s era "families" - let us play social workers who actively remove children from families! let us send disobedient children to military school! It would certainly be a first not just for this game but for the gaming industry!
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    Ugh them saying it will be something ''unexpected'' most likely will be something most of the community doesn't even want.

This game is in desperate need of more Generational/Family gameplay and hobbies. But I guess it will be some random whatever theme again like Strangerville.

The fact they are also saying there aren't going to be any ''game changing'' updates coming out over the Summer basically means that both; cars and updated babies are still not going to happen.

It's pretty obvious they are stretching and milking this game out as long as they can. Watch them release cars in the last few months of The Sims 4 life span. Or maybe not at all..

• lindaatjuhlindaatjuh Posts: 52 Member
    edited April 2020
    I'm hoping for generations:
    Make the teens smaller or add preteens (now teens are just as tall as adult)
    And more clothes (especially jeans and shorts) for boys.

Add allowance and functional piggybanks and/or seperate bank accounts so kids can choose to save money or spent it all.
    In adittion to that: the posibility for kids to make money by selling cookies or lemonade, or to do chores like wash other peoples car!

Add activities for families like boardgames, play music together (and add saxophone, drums and jembe) hide and seek, tag, throw and catch, frolic, sports (the soccer training is cool, kids could do that to like twice a week after school and a match in the weekend)
    Add more possibilities to the pool: round/curved pools, poolslides, throw and catch in pool, go under and hold your breath, throw each other of the airbed. And more swimming spots in natural water, not just in Sulani and Britechester

The perfect time (again) for bunkbeds!
    The possibility to chill on your bed and watch tv or play on your phone.

New jobs: daycare from home, work in supermarket, work in administration (more common jobs)

But farming or a vacationpack would be cool too.
  • LilfireworkSimsLilfireworkSims Posts: 87 Member
    I really think Expansion Pack 9 will be a winter sport/vacation pack. I know that there was a survey on that a little while ago, so it would make sense if they turned it into a pack.
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Most likely winter sport and something showtime related, and maybe into the future...if it is one of those three...I will be so disappointed.
  • Carl_Veluz1992Carl_Veluz1992 Posts: 500 Member
    I go with Travel Pack because we need Cars even if it's a closed world
  • mimilu04mimilu04 Posts: 83 Member
    I really think Expansion Pack 9 will be a winter sport/vacation pack. I know that there was a survey on that a little while ago, so it would make sense if they turned it into a pack.

I think the survey was too recent for it to be the next EP, my bet is that it will be the one that comes out in november as there has always been an EP coming out right before the holiday season in the past few years, moreover it would be more "in season" this way!

• SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    I would so love a 1920s Roaring Heights with a Wonder Woman & Batman theme.
  • harrydhamiharrydhami Posts: 2 New Member
    I really hope it’s a royalty or superhero pack
  • Satell8iteSatell8ite Posts: 36 Member
    Fingers crossed for Farming. They've already done 2 EP remakes back-to-back so its time for a fresh one. 2020 is seeing the rise of Animal Crossing on Switch and Story of Seasons plus people are staying home to isolate. Perfect timing to release it!

To the people wanting Generations remake, I reckon EA should make a Game Pack centered around children, imaginations and nostalgia.
  • MoonfoxNightcryMoonfoxNightcry Posts: 296 Member
    edited April 2020
    I'd be really happy if it's a farming pack, or if Happy Haunts got boosted into a Game Pack, or a Romance overhaul pack. Hopefully it's one of those, they would be incredible! A chemistry system, with attraction traits, I would absolutely die for.

I'd also be stoked to have some more gameplay for teens/kids/toddlers/babies - which might happen, since I feel that this new craft pack is geared towards elders, while being inclusive of all ages. I'd love more family gameplay, more interactions for younger sims.

I like the idea of an apocalypse pack, but I feel like it might be taken badly given the current situation... or really well? Who knows.

I want to be excited, and I am, but part of me sees “we’re doing something never seen before that the team chose” and it gives me vivid, terrifying images... “Surprise guys: here it is, Brangelina Stuff!”

Are the suggestions of Showtime a running joke I missed out on? We already have Get Famous, instruments and musical skills, clubs. I don't see any need for more of that sort of thing, personally, but then that's not my gamestyle.
    Post edited by MoonfoxNightcry on
  • DuendeDuende Posts: 175 Member
    I would like for it to be a Heroes & Villains pack.
    @MrDoodlekins this is something I subconsciously wanted and was shocked MAXIS didn't actually hop onto the Superhero train during the height of Marvel's Avengers films, like TS3 had done with the Supernatural pack during the Twilight era. I really would like playing as a villain and an interactive one for that matter. But knowing TS4 they're going to shock the community with probably something nobody really asked for.
    tenor.gif?itemid=10599800
    skino wrote: »
    You all saw the hint on the new patch, right? Those award lights... They all seen to link to previous expansion packs except one that says 'you travelled to the future and all you got was this lani award'. I don't want that to be the next expansion pack!
    @skino
    tenor.gif?itemid=5588388

• Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    edited April 2020
    I'd like a pack that allows sims to travel into the past, such as a medieval theme, though I think it's unlikely to ever happen. I would also be interested in Ancient Rome and the Regency period. I'll stop there before I go too crazy thinking about different eras. It would need to function like the magic realm, or Strangerville, to maintain the illusion of being in the past, but I think it would need a world the same size as Windenburg. It would be even cooler if they could give us two different periods with separate worlds but I think that's improbable.

In this hypothetical pack, we would get lots of wonderful themed content in CAS and build/buy mode that would also work with regular builds. For example, if we got a medieval theme we could have chamber pots instead of regular toilets, open fires, food roasted on a spit, the ability to write books and plays on paper instead of on a computer. I was playing the Sims Medieval the other day and it has some great ideas that would be perfect for a history pack. With regard to recreational activities we could have archery, swordplay, medieval instruments such as lutes. To add some danger to the pack, sims could also challenge others to a duel if they reached a certain level of the swordplay skill. Ok, I think it's important I stop there...

I can't think of anything else I really want that would be right for an expansion pack. More vacation worlds would be nice, yes, but Island Living feels more like a game pack to me so I think that it would need to be a "meaty" pack for me to consider this theme as good value for money. Otherwise, it could work well as a game pack. Something Italian or Greek would be great. I might even consider a winter holiday pack but only on sale because I'm just not into cold weather holidays in real life.

Farming is something I'd certainly considering buying on sale, and would be suitable for an expansion pack.

With regard to gamepacks, I would definitely buy a dragon pack and probably a fairy pack. I am not into werewolves so that would be a late purchase, if I bought it at all.

I definitely don't want:
    Superheroes
    Futuristic content
    A pack with cars as the big feature
    Showtime anything
    Zombies
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Circuses!
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • JhoanFarboledaJhoanFarboleda Posts: 2 New Member
    I read the whole thread, you guys have a lot of good ideas I must admit!
    If EA add Farming, I would be could to have a new skill that you could unlock with the gardening one.
    Like gourmet cooking is to the cooking skill.
  • SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    I'd like a pack that allows sims to travel into the past, such as a medieval theme, though I think it's unlikely to ever happen. I would also be interested in Ancient Rome and the Regency period. I'll stop there before I go too crazy thinking about different eras. It would need to function like the magic realm, or Strangerville, to maintain the illusion of being in the past, but I think it would need a world the same size as Windenburg. It would be even cooler if they could give us two different periods with separate worlds but I think that's improbable.

In this hypothetical pack, we would get lots of wonderful themed content in CAS and build/buy mode that would also work with regular builds. For example, if we got a medieval theme we could have chamber pots instead of regular toilets, open fires, food roasted on a spit, the ability to write books and plays on paper instead of on a computer. I was playing the Sims Medieval the other day and it has some great ideas that would be perfect for a history pack. With regard to recreational activities we could have archery, swordplay, medieval instruments such as lutes. To add some danger to the pack, sims could also challenge others to a duel if they reached a certain level of the swordplay skill. Ok, I think it's important I stop there...

I can't think of anything else I really want that would be right for an expansion pack. More vacation worlds would be nice, yes, but Island Living feels more like a game pack to me so I think that it would need to be a "meaty" pack for me to consider this theme as good value for money. Otherwise, it could work well as a game pack. Something Italian or Greek would be great. I might even consider a winter holiday pack but only on sale because I'm just not into cold weather holidays in real life.

Farming is something I'd certainly considering buying on sale, and would be suitable for an expansion pack.

With regard to gamepacks, I would definitely buy a dragon pack and probably a fairy pack. I am not into werewolves so that would be a late purchase, if I bought it at all.

I definitely don't want:
    Superheroes
    Futuristic content
    A pack with cars as the big feature
    Showtime anything
    Zombies

I would want showtime at some point, especially if it comes with bands, new instruments and a better singing/dancing system (perhaps even with standard dancing and ballet?).

But right now, I prefer we got generations.