The latest update addressed the crashing issue that some of you have been experiencing, Click here to found out more!
November 20 - Everyone ready for the Friday Highlight? It's ready for you here.
It's Time for Another Round of SimTogether - Come Join Us! 💖 Click here to find out more!

How does memory system works?

telmarinatelmarina Posts: 2,998 Member
How do you use memories in sims 4?

I've noticed that we can take a screenshot and create a memory. But then what can we do with it?

And how does the game choose the emotion
associated with it? Is it random? Is there a way i can choose it?
Post edited by telmarina on

Comments

  • TopNotchToddlerTopNotchToddler Posts: 186 Member
    The emotion is the one experienced by your active sim at the moment of the screenshot, I think. The only use I have found out so far is that by recalling a memory you can give this sim the same emotion again.
  • telmarinatelmarina Posts: 2,998 Member
    edited April 10
    Thanks for answering @TopNotchToddler !
    I have noticed yesterday that it isn't always the emotion my sim had at that moment. I had 2 screenshots that got the inspired and sad emotion, but my sim was happy. I think there's something else... or it's just random...
    Im also curious in how people use this system... or maybe people isn't using this system al all cause it's somehow weird...
  • TopNotchToddlerTopNotchToddler Posts: 186 Member
    telmarina wrote: »
    I have noticed yesterday that it isn't always the emotion my sim had at that moment.
    Where there more than a single sim tagged? Maybe it was their emotion. In early days I used MCCC to change the mood to what I wanted and created a whole catalog of moods to recall at will. But I stopped using this because screenshots/memories could have been organised better and there were easier ways to change the mood.

  • telmarinatelmarina Posts: 2,998 Member
    telmarina wrote: »
    I have noticed yesterday that it isn't always the emotion my sim had at that moment.
    Where there more than a single sim tagged? Maybe it was their emotion. In early days I used MCCC to change the mood to what I wanted and created a whole catalog of moods to recall at will. But I stopped using this because screenshots/memories could have been organised better and there were easier ways to change the mood.

    Oh it may be that! It makes sense. In both screenshots there was a different person. In the inspired one my sim was talking to a conservationist he just met, and in the sad one my sim was swimming alone but there's a girl on a boat passing by him and she actually looks sad...

    What i find weird about this system is that sims doesn't recall anything. You need to go there and make them recall. And they are actually 'recalling' emotions only, not what made them feel that way... atm the only use i see for it is to make some kind of book of memories for me, not for the sims. I'ld love if there were some way of exporting it to a file.
  • CoffeecrumblecakeCoffeecrumblecake Posts: 6,232 Member
    @telmarina I find sometimes that memories of sims in certain save files are shared by sims in others. Does that happen to you too?
  • telmarinatelmarina Posts: 2,998 Member
    @Coffeecrumblecake i haven't noticed that... that's bad... i wish memories were held better...
  • TopNotchToddlerTopNotchToddler Posts: 186 Member
    @Coffeecrumblecake yes, that's possible. Screenshots and memories are shared between saves if they come from the same root save. I guess that's because the sims have the same IDs. Once you start a completely new game I think these connections are lost.
  • CoffeecrumblecakeCoffeecrumblecake Posts: 6,232 Member
    @TopNotchToddler That makes sense. Thank you!!
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 1,560 Member
    edited April 11
    Taking a screenshot doesn't capture a memory. It goes to your screenshot folder.
    I'm guessing you mean taking a photo with the camera or phone. Then it has to be take photo of, or take photo with, to capture the aura emotion. Event then I think there may be only 3 or 4 emotions that can be captured?

    (Oh, if you chose the take photo of or take photo with, it also makes copies to your screenshots folder)
    Reticulating Splines...
    RxGqIAC.png
  • telmarinatelmarina Posts: 2,998 Member
    @Admiral8Q if you go to the screenshot's manager after taking a screenshot there will be there an emotion that you can associate to each photo. But you can't pick the emotion, the game does. Thats what im refering to. I haven't tried the photos taken with cellphone yet. But will do.
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 1,560 Member
    edited April 11
    telmarina wrote: »
    @Admiral8Q if you go to the screenshot's manager after taking a screenshot there will be there an emotion that you can associate to each photo. But you can't pick the emotion, the game does. Thats what im refering to. I haven't tried the photos taken with cellphone yet. But will do.

    Actually I recommend not using the cellphone. I use the best camera in-game.
    For a screenshot it just takes a picture that goes into a folder. An in-game photo will have an emotional aura in-game if it was deliberately taken of someone while one of the emotions are active. You can't chose it. For example, this is a screenshot I took of the toddler making a musical fart. (Pressing C) Her older sister thinks it's funny, Dad is like, "Oh seriously?" :D

    At the top of the screenshot is a photo he (the Dad) took of his wife while she was flirty. That has an aura of 'flirty' that can be turned of or off.

    v1qcBau.png
    Reticulating Splines...
    RxGqIAC.png
  • telmarinatelmarina Posts: 2,998 Member
    @Admiral8Q so cute :)

    So, it will always be associated to an emotion that someone in the screenshot had.

    The photo at the top was taken with dad's cellphone? And you could activate an aura? So you can associate the emotion to cellphone photos in the screenshot manager and make of them frames with emotional aura? Sounds good. I was looking for this or any kind of use for the memory system... thank you!
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 1,560 Member
    edited April 11
    telmarina wrote: »
    @Admiral8Q so cute :)

    So, it will always be associated to an emotion that someone in the screenshot had.

    The photo at the top was taken with dad's cellphone? And you could activate an aura? So you can associate the emotion to cellphone photos in the screenshot manager and make of them frames with emotional aura? Sounds good. I was looking for this or any kind of use for the memory system... thank you!

    If you buy a camera for your sim, then you can use it from that sim's inventory. (like a homework book) You can use the cellphone too for taking pictures, but you will only get small photos.
    Reticulating Splines...
    RxGqIAC.png
  • telmarinatelmarina Posts: 2,998 Member
    Admiral8Q wrote: »
    telmarina wrote: »
    @Admiral8Q so cute :)

    So, it will always be associated to an emotion that someone in the screenshot had.

    The photo at the top was taken with dad's cellphone? And you could activate an aura? So you can associate the emotion to cellphone photos in the screenshot manager and make of them frames with emotional aura? Sounds good. I was looking for this or any kind of use for the memory system... thank you!

    If you buy a camera for your sim, then you can use it from that sim's inventory. (like a homework book) You can use the cellphone too for taking pictures, but you will only get small photos.

    Oh yes the cameras! I always forget about them 😊 many thanks!
Sign In or Register to comment.
Return to top