March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Modder - Opinion on Drink/Dazed/Sick Mod

Hello! I've recently gotten into modding (three whole days ago) and while I can't say that the project I want to initiate will be completed any time soon, I wanted some community feedback before I start.

How many bar drinks do you typically have your Sim consume when they go out? I think in my run of the mill gameplay I do 2. My idea for a mod is to stack drinks and trigger a Dazed moodlet/buff after a certain number and then progress to them feeling Sick/Needing to throw up. I feel like 3 drinks could be Dazed and then 5 drinks would trigger being Sick.

P.S. I don't see a Poll option, not sure why.

Comments

• AmandèleAmandèle Posts: 378 Member
    I think it's good. More than 5 drinks would be way too much to get sick, none of my Sims drink that much. But less wouldn't be enough and it would get annoying.
    Sorry for the mistakes, English is not my first language ^^'
  • aldavoraldavor Posts: 1,387 Member
    I like the idea, and the values would sound about right. How about combining that mod with, say, a CAS or buyable trait (something like 'hollow legs') that suggests the sim can 'handle' the drinking a little better than most, so its more on a sliding scale before they reach the vomit level? Just a thought...
    cat01.gif
    My Website: https://sims4.aldavor.net
    #keepitfree
  • herdarkpassengerherdarkpassenger Posts: 105 Member
    @aldavor that would be a fun addition too! I'll make a note. :] I'm also thinking that most drinks, if they don't already have an assigned mood (Cupid Juice = Flirty), run through a random list of moods, or just provide a boost to whatever is the strongest moodlet you have at the time. Or depending on Sim traits (already in game). Like hot head would like become an angry drunk, romantic Sims get more flirty, kleptos get confident (to steal/boost charisma) etc.
  • EIisabettaEIisabetta Posts: 5,708 Member
    I think this would be a good mod. Slice of Life does something like this but I think it might be too sensitive? Too few drinks? I don't know. You might take a peek at it and see how you would do that part of things differently. I know some people who might like a mod like this but don't want everything that comes with Slice of Life.
    moxiegraphix on Origin
    Oh! Yeah, I don't have that in my game, but looking at how they did it is a great idea. I grabbed another one that hasn't been updated in about two years and sorta saw their go at it as well. I wonder if the Slice of Life creator has pieces of the mod broken out to sort of 'al la carte' download?
  • EIisabettaEIisabetta Posts: 5,708 Member
    Oh! Yeah, I don't have that in my game, but looking at how they did it is a great idea. I grabbed another one that hasn't been updated in about two years and sorta saw their go at it as well. I wonder if the Slice of Life creator has pieces of the mod broken out to sort of 'al la carte' download?

There are modules you can remove but no separate downloads. The site explains which ones you need to keep in to use the systems.
    moxiegraphix on Origin
    I ended up looking into it, she does have it set-up differently than I would like to make, but a super similar concept. Helpful in seeing the mechanics. I'd assume the actions would be on the drinks themselves but she assigned them to the "consume_bar_drink" action (or w/e). I think that might miss 'nectar' and some others, but I think I did see an amended restaurant file in there too for Dine Out, I'll have to do some more testing.

It's kinda funny though because I got in to test but then I end up decorating entire houses and spending 3 hours doing that vs. having my Sim drink anything. I was testing a miscarriage/abortion mod at the same time and so far there have been 2 successful pregnancies so I needed to move them into a new house! lol