Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I really hope we have 5 more years left.

1234568...Next

Comments

• Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    The Sims 4 Game Developers & Producers have all said that Sims 4 will still be expanding for another few years.
    So, the next Sims Version won't be available until about 2024.
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Sims 2 was four years after SIms 1 because technology had moved on so much so fast. Sims 3 was four years because Sims 2 was full - the devs actually KNEW that the engine had limits. It was easy to make because it was the same engine. Sims 4 was a completely different engine.

Sims 4 was coded so that it would not become full, and animated so that the graphics will not become rapidly outdated. It has made its way through two graphical upgrade requirements, but you won't feel too ashamed if you compare old to new. It has the biggest Seasons and Pets (despite no horses) expansions ever. If you had a Sims 5, you would be going through all these things AGAIN. Even though there's lots yet to get through on Sims 4.

Do you know what Sims 5 is? Sims Freeplay. Online, mobile play with microtransactions. In the circumstances, now is not a good time to be putting together a new game engine. They're very, VERY expensive. While expansions and Stuff are cheap.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 786 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    The Sims 4 Game Developers & Producers have all said that Sims 4 will still be expanding for another few years.
    So, the next Sims Version won't be available until about 2024.

That's not a very smart business move on EA's part. What's going to happen if the gam engine should happen to break during those few more years? What is EA going to do if people get so sick and tired of Sims 4 that they abandon the Sims franchise all together? What if EA ran out of ideas during that time,and just didn't know what on Earth to create?

I can only see disaster if EA keeps trying to milk Sims 4 until 2024. Weak game engine...half-baked packs filled with 1-4 lots of libraries and bars and gyms and one house....Sooner or later tht game engine is going to be pushed too far and it will simply break,and EA won't be able to repair it. EA should only keep Sims 4 goimg until early 2021,or MAYBE 2022 IF the game engine can even handle it.

Sims 4 game engine isn't like the Minecraft engine or Roblox engine or Angry Birds Friends engine-those game engines were MEANT to last forever and ever,while Sims 4 wasn't. Think about this: If Sims 4 cannot handle open worlds or having football matches with 2 whole teams,then how will it survive until 2024? Hopefully,EA devs will end Sims 4 in early 2021,and give us Sims 5.
    Why do you hide inside these walls?
  • Options
    mirta000mirta000 Posts: 2,974 Member
    Loanet wrote: »
    Sims 2 was four years after SIms 1 because technology had moved on so much so fast. Sims 3 was four years because Sims 2 was full - the devs actually KNEW that the engine had limits. It was easy to make because it was the same engine. Sims 4 was a completely different engine.

And yet The Sims 4 is having ever increasing bugginess and issues since City Living. I don't think it was meant to take the amount of DLC that it got or to go on for this long. If it goes on for extra 4 years, we'll have a very unplayable game at the end of it all.
    It has the biggest Seasons and Pets (despite no horses) expansions ever.

Not how I feel. Pets have the Vets career as their pull, but their cats and dogs feel more shallow than even The Sims 2's cats and dogs. Their AI is also... Troublesome. I would normally resort to cheats to control them when I did play and make them eat/ poop, which makes the whole "they're more immersive because you can't control them" very pointless.

I never purchased Seasons, however with this one they couldn't even add depth to snow. And apparently other expansions (like UniversitY) does not account for holidays, making the game better looking and easier to play without seasons.
    In the circumstances, now is not a good time to be putting together a new game engine. They're very, VERY expensive.

EA has a lot of engines under their belt. Using one of already existing ones should be not an issue. From what I heard The Sims 4's engine was not meant for life simulation anyway, but rather a re-purposed Simcity engine, as Simcity already had online play and The Sims 4 was meant to be online.