Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anyone playing the sims 3 again because of quarantine? lol

2...Next

Comments

• IStoleUrCandyIStoleUrCandy Posts: 21 Member
    delphy wrote: »
    I actually switched from the sims 3 to the sims 4 during the quarantine due to a friends suggest. But I do miss my sims 3 families. And the way things were in the sims 3. Despite the crashes and save errors I still struggle with in the sims 3.

I've been toying with the idea of installing the Sims 4 but I think I love Sims 3 too much ahah. and there's so much I've got to discover :)
  • dw4518dw4518 Posts: 263 Member
    igazor wrote: »
    my users are little children (okay, they are attorneys) who have no idea how to function in a sudden new environment even though they were prepared for this. If I gave them one screen with nothing but a big red button in the middle and a label that says "click this," they would all be calling, emailing, and texting me asking what in the world they were supposed to do,

lol!
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,425 Member
    edited April 2020
    bekkasan wrote: »
    Never stopped, and I don't have any extra time to play as I'm essentials services, so not home any more than normal. Glad to see some coming back though. Someone is always around if you need help. :smiley:

My wife is also essential services as she works in a store that contains a pharmacy - her hours have increased to “full eights”. ~sigh~ @bekkasan, stay safe; keeping fingers crossed for your safety and hers.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • fatbat21fatbat21 Posts: 1,527 Member
    Yup!!! I’ve had some weird lag with my new computer (i5, GeForce GTX 1050 card) and i took the time to change a bunch of settings (some guide on steam had me coding!)and codes to get it to work beautifully. Game looks awesome and runs awesome. Only wish i could’ve fixed visual testing without having to switch to windowed mode
  • WaterdragonWaterdragon Posts: 780 Member
    Never stopped! :)
    I´m actually playing less, because I´m going to work like usual. I work in the office of an industrial laundry service, we provide and do the laundry (bedding, towels and stuff, also work wear) of hospitals and retirement/nursing homes, no home office possible. The work load has actually increased, because even if my country is not hit as hard as others for now (fingers crossed), frantic customers keep phoning me for isolation material they want to hoard like other people toilet paper "just in case".

Of course, when I´m done, I stay at home, but that´s nothing new. :D
    But I´m a lot more tired than usual, also the weather is just brilliant, so I prefer doing stuff in the garden to staring at a screen. (All my neighbours also do stuff in the garden VERY LOUDLY. I had to put in ear plugs).
    My sim´s antics: http://waterdragonsblog.com/
    My studio: http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/WatrDragon/mystudio

Just assume that every edit I make is because of typos.
  • grannynerdgrannynerd Posts: 4 New Member
    I can't since EA hasn't updated the game to 64-bit for Catalina. They announced the update back in October and it's now April and there's still nothing.
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    grannynerd wrote: »
    I can't since EA hasn't updated the game to 64-bit for Catalina. They announced the update back in October and it's now April and there's still nothing.
    No formal announcements that I know of, but we did get a post from an EA staff member associated with the project a few weeks ago on EA's Answers.HQ board indicating that it is still in progress. The current worldwide situation can't be speeding things up in any way, but it was nice to hear that it wasn't set on the back burner or abandoned either.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • akaniki0akaniki0 Posts: 470 Member
    I never stopped playing it. I also play 2, 4 and Medeival but mostly 3.
  • BrandontaylorBrandontaylor Posts: 4,773 Member
    I never stopped playing but I’m playing my usual amount. Most of the time, I play a few hours a day but if I have something to do or don’t feel like it, I take a day or two break.
  • cherid87120cherid87120 Posts: 2,823 Member
    I have tried and tried to get into the Sims 4, but I just don't like it. I am under stay at home orders which makes weekends pretty boring. I do work from home during the week. I also upgraded my laptop about 3 months ago. I finally got all the packs downloaded, my saves downloaded. I own 100% of Sims 3, every pack, every set, every content. I have fired up the Sims 3 which plays so much better on my new laptop, and town is so rich. I also use NRAAS mods that I just copied over from my other laptop. Sims 3 is so rich and full of life compared to Sims 4.
  • carlystur03carlystur03 Posts: 435 Member
    I have tried and tried to get into the Sims 4, but I just don't like it. ... Sims 3 is so rich and full of life compared to Sims 4.

Agreed 100%! I already have all I could imagine wanting in all my Sims 3 expansions and I, too, tried to get into TS4. I even got the base game as a starter set of a couple of other stuff packs, but decided not to continue and uninstalled it from my computer.
  • BobbiliciousBobbilicious Posts: 25 Member
    Yes, now I finally have the time to get back into playing! Was enjoying it for a couple of days before my game decided it hated me. It keeps crashing and the lag, oh gosh the lag! :P
    Trying to fix it currently
  • EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    I have never stopped playing since the beginnig, It seems I never grow tried of the Sims. I have both sims 3 and, but I mostly play sims 3, something about sims 4 I just cant seem to play. I havent played sims 4 in awhile. I am always on Sims 3, I guess I could say I play sims 3 everyday. takes me away from the real world for awhile.
  • Tylersgurl2019Tylersgurl2019 Posts: 3 New Member
    I've started playing again at my boyfriends mom house. She plays to. Good thing i have something in common with her. Lol
  • cornflake88cornflake88 Posts: 368 Member
    I started playing Sims 3 a couple days ago. Not played for years. Only installed the ambitions and generations expansion packs. No mods no cc. Really enjoying it. Game running smoothly. No crashes and no lag. Story progression appears to be working! :)
  • JeansooJeansoo Posts: 3,606 Member
    edited April 2020
    I've been playing the sims 3 for a long time but now, I'm currently playing the sims 4, and then, I'm planning to come back to the sims 3. The sims 3 is my best sims pack but I also don't mind playing the sims 4. But with the recent patch update in the sims 4, there are lots of bugs around it. I feel like the sims 4 has MORE bugs than the sims 3 now.
  • SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    edited April 2020
    Because I have to delete all my mods (not my cc) including Nrass ones (rrr) if so not my game cannot run ahaha and not because of curfew, prisoncelled quarantine.
    Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)