Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Monthly SimLit Short Story Challenge

Comments

• lillibattenberglillibattenberg Posts: 1,279 Member
    lisabee2 wrote: »
    YEP you may!
    Dangit, is it alright if I edit a bit of mine? My tense is slipping.

Thank you! Fixed!
    Jacob_Banner.png
  • darkchadmeisterdarkchadmeister Posts: 62 Member
    Yeah, sorry no story from me. Consider the state things at the moment, I didn't have the mindset and bandwidth to finish up the story.
  • katrinasforestkatrinasforest Posts: 1,002 Member
    YEP you may!

Yeah, if tweaking tense and typos after it's been submitted is against the rules, I've broken them several times. ^_^;;
    Watch me mash together Sims and Pokémon to tell a story about battling glitches in Penny Saves Paldea. Updated every other Thursday.
  • lisabee2lisabee2 Posts: 3,708 Member
    YEP you may!

Yeah, if tweaking tense and typos after it's been submitted is against the rules, I've broken them several times. ^_^;;

*sigh yes, me too!
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    New readers can visit here first: In-a-NUTSHELL
    #EAgamechanger
    @lisabee2 Hooray for fellow last second editors! ^_^

On a technical note, I'm using an older computer now since my kids need the newer ones for schoolwork, and when I tried to vote, nothing seemed to happen. I tried again, and still nothing. I didn't want to log onto the newer machine and potentially vote a third time, so I'll leave it alone. Mostly an FYI that if you just saw two votes come in for each of the same three stories, that was me, and I apologize for my tech failure.
    Watch me mash together Sims and Pokémon to tell a story about battling glitches in Penny Saves Paldea. Updated every other Thursday.
  • MinraedMinraed Posts: 1,159 Member
    Yay. I slipped in some time to reread and catch up on the ones I missed originally. I did have some trouble with the vote though and I am not sure if this is a problem at my end on my work computer which has outdated browsers and such, but I voted and submitted and didn't get any indicator that it went through so I tried again and still nothing so I didn't try again. Usually when I think I do it wrong and submit again it warns me that there is only one vote per person. I hope it went through.

I may have sounded less than enthusiastic in my comments in most cases so I wanted to give a big shout out to everyone. I am just having a rough go right now so I am not very saavy in my comments and thoughts, but I do appreciate them all and your great work everyone!
    [img][/img] Visit Simaginarium
  • CaleSimsCaleSims Posts: 196 Member
    Guess whos back after a 2 month hiatus!
    I'm really excited to participate in this months challenge, with school being online I should be able to come out with a story this time!
    tumblr_inline_myy9221NKN1rkh0l2.gif
    Congrats to our winners ...
    The stories came out so so so amazing .. I can honestly say there was not one that I did not absolutely love. TY ALL!
    If you have not do remember to check for our April theme - I am ready to laugh!
    new scribbles welcome .. we are always looking for new storytellers
    Monthly Simlit Short Story Challenge April 2020 Theme & March 2020 Winners
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
    @lisabee2 Hooray for fellow last second editors! ^_^

On a technical note, I'm using an older computer now since my kids need the newer ones for schoolwork, and when I tried to vote, nothing seemed to happen. I tried again, and still nothing. I didn't want to log onto the newer machine and potentially vote a third time, so I'll leave it alone. Mostly an FYI that if you just saw two votes come in for each of the same three stories, that was me, and I apologize for my tech failure.

Not a problem ..it is all good! <3
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
    I am hauling a trusty dusty character out of mothballs .. Murky Myra

She got a bit of a redo

hrQFVYM.png
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
  • divanthesimmerdivanthesimmer Posts: 1,462 Member
    edited April 2020
    The stories came out so so so amazing .. I can honestly say there was not one that I did not absolutely love. TY ALL!

Did I read correctly? Did my story win first place, along with all the other stories featuring my character, Veronica Grey?! I didn't realize people liked her that much! Thank you so much to everyone who voted and a BIG congratulations to all the winners! ❤
    phULnBI.png
    Check out my SimLit blog here: https://ageekylegacy.wordpress.com/
    Follow me on Twitter @divanthesimmer
    Follow me on Tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/dashboard/blog/divanthesimmer
    Origin ID: divanthesimmer
    I am hauling a trusty dusty character out of mothballs .. Murky Myra

She got a bit of a redo

hrQFVYM.png

She seems interesting - can't wait to read more about her!
    phULnBI.png
  • Qnshr5Qnshr5 Posts: 463 Member
    Congratulations Winners! @divanthesimmer @Charliimai @Minraed @MenaBuchner
    Didn't realize until Divan pointed it out, but they did all feature Veronica! The real winner is Veronica Gray, lol. Great job on a great character, Divan. And great job on your wonderful stories everyone. I enjoyed them all. It's not easy adding other people's characters to your story (and keeping them in character) so everyone should feel very proud of what we've all accomplished! :smiley:
    7YZVoCi.png
    Qnshr5 wrote: »
    Congratulations Winners! @divanthesimmer @Charliimai @Minraed @MenaBuchner
    Didn't realize until Divan pointed it out, but they did all feature Veronica! The real winner is Veronica Gray, lol. Great job on a great character, Divan. And great job on your wonderful stories everyone. I enjoyed them all. It's not easy adding other people's characters to your story (and keeping them in character) so everyone should feel very proud of what we've all accomplished! :smiley:

Thank you and I fully agree!
    phULnBI.png
  • MinraedMinraed Posts: 1,159 Member
    Thank you so much guys, wow. Honestly, I never enter this with any expectations because I really just enjoy the nudge to my creative mojo that this group and Lisa's inspirations provide. This project was particularly enjoyable as we watched characters come together and develop over the course of a few months. I am so glad I was able to participate in all three parts and that some people enjoyed the story.

I am not likely to be able to participate in April, given that we are almost half way through the month already. I have been very disconnected from my Minraed persona lately. My primary distraction right now is that I am due to complete my undergradute psychology degree with the submission of a very intensive research paper, and with all of the madness of Covid-19 which significantly affects my work (I am in healthcare), my emotional health, and had my husband stuck in India a lot longer than planned (thankfully he is home safe now), things have been a bit haywire. I promise to return to read and vote for everyone's April submissions, and hope to jump back in with some creative energy in May.

Keep on scribbling everyone, and keep safe and healthy xo
    [img][/img] Visit Simaginarium
  • MenaBuchnerMenaBuchner Posts: 179 Member

Congratulations @divanthesimmer @Charliimai @Minraed! It was so much fun working with other characters and taking the story in different directions! ❤🤍
  • MenaBuchnerMenaBuchner Posts: 179 Member
    Minraed wrote: »
    Thank you so much guys, wow. Honestly, I never enter this with any expectations because I really just enjoy the nudge to my creative mojo that this group and Lisa's inspirations provide. This project was particularly enjoyable as we watched characters come together and develop over the course of a few months. I am so glad I was able to participate in all three parts and that some people enjoyed the story.

I am not likely to be able to participate in April, given that we are almost half way through the month already. I have been very disconnected from my Minraed persona lately. My primary distraction right now is that I am due to complete my undergradute psychology degree with the submission of a very intensive research paper, and with all of the madness of Covid-19 which significantly affects my work (I am in healthcare), my emotional health, and had my husband stuck in India a lot longer than planned (thankfully he is home safe now), things have been a bit haywire. I promise to return to read and vote for everyone's April submissions, and hope to jump back in with some creative energy in May.

Keep on scribbling everyone, and keep safe and healthy xo

Good luck with your paper! Stay safe & glad your hubby is also home now. xx
    Hello! I hope everyone is safe and well. I didn't think I'd have an entry this month, because I had several story ideas and couldn't make up my mind and my younger brother keeps coming into my room every day, wanting to watch series and movies. I've also been busy writing poems for GloPoWriMo. However, I did manage to write something!

You can read it here:
    https://ageekylegacy.wordpress.com/2020/04/18/a-zest-for-life/
    phULnBI.png
  • CharliimaiCharliimai Posts: 1,773 Member
    Hi gang! Just passing by to drop off my entry for this month.
    wordcount: 618
    screenshots: 12
    cSXsPD.jpg

Read my Legacy story's or atttempt one of my Sims 4 challenges.
    Charlii Mai's Blogs and Challenges

Read All of my Latest stories all in one place.
    RainbowPlumbob (Wordpress)

Charliimai wrote: »
    Hi gang! Just passing by to drop off my entry for this month.
    wordcount: 618
    screenshots: 12

I can't comment on your post, but I really enjoyed your story! Great twist! 🙂
    phULnBI.png
    I'm still going to try to squeeze in an entry if I can, but if not, I just want to say how grateful I am for some fun, silly stories in the midst of everything. You guys are awesome. I'll be voting and promoting this for sure. :)
    I'm still going to try to squeeze in an entry if I can, but if not, I just want to say how grateful I am for some fun, silly stories in the midst of everything. You guys are awesome. I'll be voting and promoting this for sure. :)

Aw, thank you! Your support means the world! 🙂
    phULnBI.png
    So wondering how everyone is doing ... I only see 2 stories so far this month .. is everyone going for a last-minute or has life got you all on the ropes? Do we want to push the challenge out thru May? Hope to hear feedback from you.
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
  • lillibattenberglillibattenberg Posts: 1,279 Member
    So wondering how everyone is doing ... I only see 2 stories so far this month .. is everyone going for a last-minute or has life got you all on the ropes? Do we want to push the challenge out thru May? Hope to hear feedback from you.

Dunno about the rest of y'all, but life (uni, specifically) had me MAJORLY on the ropes. Just handed in 4 bits of coursework on Tuesday.
    Jacob_Banner.png
    edited April 2020
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger