Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What you think we could use in the sims 5?

LadyTachunkaLadyTachunka Posts: 1,454 Member
Like the title what is on your sims 5 wishlist?

Me I would love to see building and create a sim like sims 4. Have actual babies where they can do things not just sit in a crib or baby swing or baby mat and do nothing. Bunkbeds. Smaller arcade machine and be able to make an arcade (I miss that in 3) be able to build inside roofs. Maybe open world even tho it takes two million years to go into a sims 3 game maybe bring some sims 2 charm like the little cutscenes or the children running and hugging their parents when they get home or the kids running to one of their parents when they get a good mark in school just the little things like that
8a35839c629b9a9f3643198909b278c0.gif Been simming since the end of sims 2~Sims Gallery ID:BSAAWaifu

Comments

• AnthonydyerAnthonydyer Posts: 1,197 Member
    • I want an open world. The open world gives you a true sense of community and not just one lot at a time. I believe modern computers can handle it also.
    • I want a strong personality/trait system just like Sims 3. I want Sims to be unique and not just a product of their emotion.
    • I want a fully real world. I want real streets also. In Sims 4, worlds are very artificial; streets are merely a decoration and many of the houses that appear in worlds are fake.
    • I want a house build mode similar to Sims 2 and 3 again. As a builder I find Sims 4 too prefabricated and restrictive. I want to specify what areas get foundations, what areas get floor tiles, and so on. It is annoying how sims 4 automatically generates everything with merely the construction of a wall.
  • Panda82Panda82 Posts: 1 New Member
    My daughter and I have been playing Sims 4 a lot during quarantine. We think that it would be awesome if you could have a gender reveal party for your baby in the Sims and with that.. allowing you to find out gender of the baby before if you choose.
  • _ILikeCheese_o_o_ILikeCheese_o_o Posts: 9 New Member
    What I want are things that were in the previous games.

Sims 2 style wants and fears. Not this "whims" system we have. They really helped to give the sims personality. Cassandra goth's get married want and get left at the altar fear combined with Don's get married fear instantly told you everything you needed to know about their relationship.

Sims 2 style memories. It helped the families have a sense of continuity, and it was nice to see them sometimes reminisce about important events in their life.

Sims 2 style supernatural hybrids. I enjoyed combining all the life states and creating abominations whose existences contradicted themselves. It was fun making plantsim vampires who simultaneously needed sunlight to live while also being fatally weak to it.

Open world somewhere between sims 3 and 4. I don't mind the scaling back sims 4 did too much, but it would be nice if you had the option of loading all the visible lots in your current "neighborhood" so there would be fewer loading screens while traveling. It would be a nice middle ground.

Sims 3 options to toggle off individual supernatural types, stray pets, etc.

Body hair because I don't see why I'd have to wait for a potential werewolf expansion for the sims to finally have a customization option that should have been part of the base game.

**Story Progression** A big one for me. I didn't enjoy having to frequently go to manage households and pair off the townies/give them kids to prevent my worlds from being filled with single, childless elders infesting all the community lots with a lack of young, single sims to keep my families from dying out. Thankfully mods solved this, but I shouldn't have had to resort to mods to fix this.
  • simlicious2015simlicious2015 Posts: 373 Member
    What I want are things that were in the previous games.

Sims 2 style wants and fears. Not this "whims" system we have. They really helped to give the sims personality. Cassandra goth's get married want and get left at the altar fear combined with Don's get married fear instantly told you everything you needed to know about their relationship.

Sims 2 style memories. It helped the families have a sense of continuity, and it was nice to see them sometimes reminisce about important events in their life.

Sims 2 style supernatural hybrids. I enjoyed combining all the life states and creating abominations whose existences contradicted themselves. It was fun making plantsim vampires who simultaneously needed sunlight to live while also being fatally weak to it.

Open world somewhere between sims 3 and 4. I don't mind the scaling back sims 4 did too much, but it would be nice if you had the option of loading all the visible lots in your current "neighborhood" so there would be fewer loading screens while traveling. It would be a nice middle ground.

Sims 3 options to toggle off individual supernatural types, stray pets, etc.

Body hair because I don't see why I'd have to wait for a potential werewolf expansion for the sims to finally have a customization option that should have been part of the base game.

**Story Progression** A big one for me. I didn't enjoy having to frequently go to manage households and pair off the townies/give them kids to prevent my worlds from being filled with single, childless elders infesting all the community lots with a lack of young, single sims to keep my families from dying out. Thankfully mods solved this, but I shouldn't have had to resort to mods to fix this.

What mod do you use for story progression?

• ChrinnieChrinnie Posts: 982 Member
    I'll echo a sentiment... story progression. Unless you plan to have one kid and only one kid per generation, a lot gets full quickly when three kids grow up, marry and stay in the same house. That leaves only two slots for kids. Moving them out just means they do nothing but age. They don't go to work, they don't earn money, they don't fall in love/get married/have kids without having to physically play it myself... or use MC Command Center. But even that mod doesn't quite work the way I'd prefer, but beggars cannot be choosers.

We need more personality development. Three slots is good, but unless you complete an aspiration with a bonus trait, buy one with aspiration points, or cheat to add one, you kind of get to a point where all the sims feel kind of the same. Yeah some are kleptomaniacs, some are romantic, but they all feel like they're the same person with a slightly different buff depending on the time of day/what they just did. The parenthood personality stuff is nice, but I'd love to see expanded personality traits and trait slots for more unique sim creating.

A deeper game. I've said this a few times in a few places recently, but there needs to be more depth to the game. I feel like the only real motives in the game are to grow up, have kids, make money, and keep doing that until you get bored and create a new sim to do it all over again. I just also feel that the aspirations need more depth. I can knock off several of them in a sim's lifetime. If this is someone's life goal, they're not all that easy to attain. And in TS4 it feels like it was made needlessly easier than it every should've been to attain these life goals. And the work from home feature isn't really working from home. It's basically do a chore and get paid. Expanding the game laterally is great, but deepening the game would be best in my humble opinion.

Insecticide. TS4 is really, really buggy. I don't know if this is because so many packs and updates cause it to be so... buggy... but by TS5 this has to kind of be worked out. I still have to save and exit and relaunch a save to stop my sim from changing back into her hospital gown after giving birth. People are walking upstairs past four sinks to wash a dish. Why do the sims have to play musical chairs when they have a conversation? Lots of bugs and kinks to be worked out of a game that's 5 years old already. I assume that means not much will come on that front, but with TS5, you have the opportunity to launch a game that's not nearly as buggy. Though, sadly, I've come to expect that from EA titles over my years of playing EA's sports franchises.

Swatches. Do you know how hard it is to coordinate colors in TS4? I know you've done a lot to make it better, but shading is a big problem. My sim has a dark blue shirt, but the pair of pants that would be best for it only has light blue or something to that effect. That fridge and stove go great together, but one is a mid-gray, the other is a dark or light gray. So, it's mismatched now. Eclectic some call it, but I think it could be better. I know it's a pain in the plumbob to give every item in every conceivable shade and color, so how about a nice paint tool so we can color match ourselves?

CAS. I don't know the programming that goes into a game like this, but I am certain that it's massive and complex. I do believe the average computer these days is leaps and bounds past anything that was new in 2015. Since many players of TS4 do seem to have at least above-average rigs to play on, it stands to reason CAS can be expanded to allow us to really get into detailing our sims. Again, I don't know the limits of the game itself or how that's determined, but it would be very nice to layer clothing beyond underwear and socks. To be able to tweak and tuck and pull and nudge the face, cheeks, jaw, chin, forehead, etc... in a much more detailed way than we currently have. I don't really mind the 'cartoony' look of Sims, but a bit more realism wouldn't hurt either, IMHO.

I feel like I'm asking a lot for a game that costs $40 for it's base pack. But when you start adding up all the expansion, game, and stuff packs... we're talking hundreds of dollars. For that kind of coin, it'd be nice to have something more in depth than what TS4 currently is, have more personality options, story progression, less bugs per dollar, a paint tool to help us match item colors across packs, and the ability to customize our sims more than we currently do.
    Author of: The Rossi Legacy | The Inheritance
    mW8spBr.png
    Philadelphia raised, Las Vegas living, avid Sims 4 fan, all around nice guy (if you ask me LOL)
  • Amber_bothneAmber_bothne Posts: 2 New Member
    Swatches, I miss the customization from sims 3. Sims 4 is very restrictive because the colors are different shades.

Open world. This was one of my favorite things about sims 3.

More real. I love the graphics of sims 3 so much more than 4. Sims 4 looks so fake to me and makes me sad. I would LOVE more real graphics, like you see in playstation or xbox games. Hair strands etc.

Would love babies to do something other than be a blob. Swings, throw up, something. More things for them. And why no cribs? They get a bassinet and that's it. No rocking chairs. Sucks.

Please for the mother of God give us more animal pets! I have birds and I was super sad to not see any real small animal excitement. And I would love farm animals. Can that be an expansion pack?

I miss my sims being able to swim and fish wherever they wanted like in sims 3.

Supernatural sims. I feel like sims 4 really failed at this. I miss my fairy sims.

Sims 3 is my favorite. If you could add emotions, farm animals, some more baby stuff, and more traits to sims 5, that would be perfect to me. I like the options and silly things that happen in 4, but sims 3 was a way better game in my opinion.

Oh and what happened to cars? Sims 4 has so much less than sims 3 had... It felt like a step back.
  • JFolcik009JFolcik009 Posts: 44 Member
    Open world and they need to maintain the customization and creative options of Sims 4 (or Sims 3).
  • kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    edited April 2020
    If they're going to do open world again, it needs to have stuff to do in it.

Because, and I fully acknowledge this is a controversial opinion, but open world in TS3 just wasn't very good.

Forget the community lots for this discussion, community lot gameplay isn't open world. Community lots are just... basic Sims gameplay. Open world is what you do in the spaces between those lots. It's about visiting locations that you can't build yourself (although in TS5, you should be able to build anything you see. ANYTHING. Let's take the TS4 build tools and dial them up to 11).

So, open-world gameplay in TS3 was about the space between lots. But the space between lots in TS3 was about as full of content as the space between lots in 4, except 4 is prettier.

TS3 had collectibles. Cool. 4 has collectibles. What else? You could see Sims living in the world. Cool. So basically that describes TS4 walkbys. It's not worthy of the development time it'd take to make an open-world game.

Lots of games fall into this trap, they give you a huge world to explore, but all it really does is make you take longer to get from point A to point B. Yeah maybe there's some points of interest. Something you can tick off your "100% completion" checklist. But you can't complete The Sims.
    So what would a POI look like in TS5?
    Well, if TS4 was open-world, then I think the Brindleton Bay lighthouse would be a POI.

But what does making that open-world really accomplish? Oh you have a new spot to take screenshots at, or maybe it's a unique woohoo spot, like the lighthouse is.

How does that improve the core gameplay, really?
    What changes, by making it open-world?

Memories would be a good use of that gameplay. You arrive at the lighthouse, and your Sim thinks, "this is where I proposed to my wife"
    You visit your Sims' child's school, and the Sim thinks, "I hope Parent-Teacher night goes okay, not like last year..."
    You go to your Sims' workplace, and your Sim thinks, "I don't think I'll ever live down the day I had a Bladder Failure at work"
    You visit the cinema, and your Sims react. They say, "Hey honey, remember when we had our first date here? Man that movie was awful!"

THAT

is what would make open world worth it for me.
    wJbomAo.png
    Also: gradual ageing, variable heights, and a procedural animation system that can adapt to those heights.

We shouldn't be having this "teens are too tall, preteens when" discussion like in 4.
    Let's give Sims actual ages.
    Our Sims shouldn't be "young adults" or "adults". They should be 24, or 40. They should get the option to retire at 60, graduate from high school at 18, preschool at 5.

One other thing: accents. If a phone app can change my Australian voice to sound British or American, then it should be possible in The Sims.
    Let's make Sims that truly represent the global audience of the game. Keep the same cast of voice actors, keep the pitch options, but add the ability to add accent filters to their voices. What if I want Bob Newbie to be from Boston? Bella Goth from SoCal? Malcolm Landgraab from Liverpool? It should be possible.
    wJbomAo.png
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    kwanzaabot wrote: »

Because, and I fully acknowledge this is a controversial opinion, but open world in TS3 just wasn't very good.

Forget the community lots for this discussion, community lot gameplay isn't open world. Community lots are just... basic Sims gameplay. Open world is what you do in the spaces between those lots. It's about visiting locations that you can't build yourself (although in TS5, you should be able to build anything you see. ANYTHING. Let's take the TS4 build tools and dial them up to 11).

So, open-world gameplay in TS3 was about the space between lots. But the space between lots in TS3 was about as full of content as the space between lots in 4, except 4 is prettier.

TS3 had collectibles. Cool. 4 has collectibles. What else? You could see Sims living in the world. Cool. So basically that describes TS4 walkbys. It's not worthy of the development time it'd take to make an open-world game.

Lots of games fall into this trap, they give you a huge world to explore, but all it really does is make you take longer to get from point A to point B. Yeah maybe there's some points of interest. Something you can tick off your "100% completion" checklist. But you can't complete The Sims.
    Well, if TS4 was open-world, then I think the Brindleton Bay lighthouse would be a POI.

But what does making that open-world really accomplish? Oh you have a new spot to take screenshots at, or maybe it's a unique woohoo spot, like the lighthouse is.

Memories would be a good use of that gameplay. You arrive at the lighthouse, and your Sim thinks, "this is where I proposed to my wife"
    You visit your Sims' child's school, and the Sim thinks, "I hope Parent-Teacher night goes okay, not like last year..."
    You go to your Sims' workplace, and your Sim thinks, "I don't think I'll ever live down the day I had a Bladder Failure at work"
    You visit the cinema, and your Sims react. They say, "Hey honey, remember when we had our first date here? Man that movie was awful!"

THAT

Open world accomplishes ZERO loading screens. That's the main attraction of open world. I love traveling through it too. It's not just about reaching your destination, it's also about enjoying the ride and the scenery getting there. It adds to the immersion of gameplay.

It also allows you to do things like photography. You can take pictures of far off locations even if your sim is in the open world and not in a lot. Same thing with painting. If it was just closed world or small open neighborhoods, you can't really do that. In an open world, you can actually camp anywhere you want, not just in a lot. If you live in a houseboat, you can stop anywhere in an open world's ocean and just live there. If this was a closed world or small open neighborhood, you can't do that either - what is the point since it's such a small space?

Open world also makes zombie apocalypse and assassin gameplay fun because you can shoot your target from several lots away (or however much your rifle zooms, so even farther). So open world allows for more strategic solutions.

I don't like closed or small, limited open neighborhoods. They make you think "small".

THAT

Open world accomplishes ZERO loading screens. That's the main attraction of open world. I love traveling through it too. It's not just about reaching your destination, it's also about enjoying the ride and the scenery getting there. It adds to the immersion of gameplay.

It also allows you to do things like photography. You can take pictures of far off locations even if your sim is in the open world and not in a lot. Same thing with painting. If it was just closed world or small open neighborhoods, you can't really do that. In an open world, you can actually camp anywhere you want, not just in a lot. If you live in a houseboat, you can stop anywhere in an open world's ocean and just live there. If this was a closed world or small open neighborhood, you can't do that either - what is the point since it's such a small space?

Open world also makes zombie apocalypse and assassin gameplay fun because you can shoot your target from several lots away (or however much your rifle zooms, so even farther). So open world allows for more strategic solutions.

I don't like closed or small, limited open neighborhoods. They make you think "small".

It accomplishes one long loading screen every time instead of short loading screens when required.
    wJbomAo.png
  • cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    edited April 2020
    How about this; Sims first? I think the game should really focus on the Sims themselves, their personalities, their trait system, their memories, skills, romance/attraction system, and the like. Other stuff can come later. My biggest criticism with TS4, in general, is that it seems to focus WAY too much on partying and leisure, as opposed to being just a life simulator. After that, I think the appearance of the Sims should come next. I think it should be just a bit less cartoony and more towards being somewhat photorealistic; and more customization (thus the color wheel from TS3 would come in) to their outfits, and clothing. TS4 is very limited in swatches.

I'm all for open-world--but only in neighborhoods. It would really be less-taxing on hardware, and my main world/travel frustration; having a loading screen to go to any other lot than your own solved.
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,404 Member
    I want the ability to be able to change my environment. Give me CAW back.

In Sims 4; Apocalypse is a joke. It’s nice and sunny and sun is out and bright.

2bdb2f26ff4b37e8d0455e815b6ea799.jpg
    Really? I feel like walking down a cartoon alley singing...
    https://youtu.be/6bWyhj7siEY

This is the Freaking Apocalypse!!!
    Screenshot-127_nuke2.jpg

Nothing looks bright and wonderful and not every one wants to play The Walking Dead Sims!

I want effing NUCLEAR CATACLYSM! And feel like I’ inthe middle of a mother-bleeping full on strategic nuclear exchange.

Sims 3 gave me that ability. i want it back in Sims 5.

I want my sims to feel like they’re going to die a slow death if they set one foot outside their bunker door.
    Screenshot-92.jpg
    Not this “i was taking my dog for a walk amd suddenly there was a zombie popping out from behind a bush going RAWR!”

Give me the ability to change my environment to suit the story I’m trying to tell!
    Screenshot-19.jpg
    Screenshot-28.jpg
    I don’t want to be telling a post-nuclear apocalyptic story and have it all bright, sunny and rainbows.
    Amidst the Rubble; Formerly Washington DC

A surviving rat scampered its way along a road strewn with debris. Two weeks after the attacks, the radiation levels were descending to the point where survivors were able to venture out for very short periods. But animals subject to life outside slowly succumbed to the radiation that was still for all intents and purposes lethal to survival. Most debris had settled from higher buildings to the ground. However there were many spots that were still considered too hot for humans or animals to survive for longer than an hour exposed.

Yet there were survivors: ones for whom the radiation was slower to react allowing them to live a life that was austere subsistence at best; most foodstuffs were irradiated unless they were canned goods and the supply of those was rapidly dwindling. The ground was too irradiated to grow anything of consequence and cattle and other farm animals had died of radiation poisoning, their bodies too riddled with infection and bacteria to even bother with. The survivors went after foodstuffs – looting abandoned towns and homes to get to the canned goods.

What survivors were left were becoming desperate and warred amongst themselves with what meager weapons they could find. When one band came upon another, they usually warred until one band was wiped out rather than absorbed. The survivors on the surface had reverted to savages: the code of the surface was 'kill or be killed'.

The weather still hadn't settled. Storms were frequent due to the change in the climate which had been thrown into absolute chaos. It had been said in a study of a one hundred bomb exchange between Pakistan and India; that the world wide temperature would go down one point one Kelvin or about three degrees Fahrenheit. An all-out nuclear exchange would reduce the world's average temperature eighteen degrees Fahrenheit plunging the world into a cataclysmic nuclear winter from which civilization would not be able to exist. Any humanity that survived would be resigned to living underground for several lifetimes, if even the planet surface was able to be reclaimed. Yet humanity had been too stupid to realize their eventual demise and had knowingly pulled the trigger of their own Russian Roulette against their survival too many times. Eventually the chamber with the bullet had been hit.
    ~excerpt from my JAG fanfiction “Survival”

I want to be able to play my sims “dark apocalyptic” and it takes it completely out of immersion if it is nice bright and sunny with birds singing. :rolleyes:
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • EmiliahsonEmiliahson Posts: 4 New Member
    One thing I really miss in The Sims 4 is an option to change color on whatever item/clothing/hair that you want. So I would really want to see that in The Sims 5. :smile:
  • ddd994ddd994 Posts: 418 Member
    Lol how the op is just a wish list for TS4 🤣
  • ManakoHimeManakoHime Posts: 285 Member
    My list would be too long to put up I think lol

THAT

It accomplishes one long loading screen every time instead of short loading screens when required.

That initial loading time has gotten shorter with the current computers - it's only a few minutes now. It will be even shorter with newer models to come. After that, there is no interruption to gameplay. Whereas with all the loading screens in a closed world gets pretty annoying and the time that you wait during loading screens adds up to be more than the initial loading time for TS3's open world if you have your sims go out often. This is why people who play closed worlds generally don't like their sims to leave their home lot. Which means the player isn't using the whole map - a waste of money.

• Nekia33painterNekia33painter Posts: 336 Member
    I understand that having open world could cause lag and would settle for an open neighborhoods. Being able to visit other lots I place without a loading screen would be nice. I would place multiple in houses on a single lot and it works fine in sims 4.

Fix the emotions and have the sim's family relationships actually mean something. Sim shouldn't be angry and still try to have a pleasant conversation with someone who implied their mother is a llama. Sims woohoo in front of their spouse and nothing ever happens except an angry moodlet that is easily over ridden because of playful decor.

edited April 2020
    cody6268 wrote: »
    How about this; Sims first? I think the game should really focus on the Sims themselves, their personalities, their trait system, their memories, skills, romance/attraction system, and the like. Other stuff can come later. My biggest criticism with TS4, in general, is that it seems to focus WAY too much on partying and leisure, as opposed to being just a life simulator. After that, I think the appearance of the Sims should come next. I think it should be just a bit less cartoony and more towards being somewhat photorealistic; and more customization (thus the color wheel from TS3 would come in) to their outfits, and clothing. TS4 is very limited in swatches.

I'm all for open-world--but only in neighborhoods. It would really be less-taxing on hardware, and my main world/travel frustration; having a loading screen to go to any other lot than your own solved.

I play TS3's large open worlds on my old computer that only has 4gb RAM and integrated Intel graphics card, and it is not taxing on my computer's hardware at all! On newer computers, the game runs even better.

TS5 really should be 100% open world and not segmented. If you want story progression, in a partially open, segmented world, it would have to work harder to keep synchronizing not only your active sims but those of every townie in the world every time they go to different neighborhoods of the world.

Also, TS5 should come with a free Create-A-World as early in its run as possible, like TS3 did. That way, different worlds of various sizes can be made to accommodate a wide variety of computers.

I feel bad for TS4 players because it's been drummed into their head that TS3 is so hard on older computers. But really, the game is so flexible - you can just create and play a small world if bigger ones give you a hard time.

This is my favorite TS3 small world:

There's even a cruise ship that's actually a small world!

So yeah. TS5 needs to be 100% open world and have a Create a World so we can build worlds of all different sizes to accommodate all different types of computers. And the 100% open world helps to insure that story progression doesn't have to work harder than if it was segmented.

Oh, I also wanted to share about one of the bigger worlds in TS3 which is BRILLIANT!

I grew up in New York City, so when I found this TS3 world, I was totally FLOORED! It's a realistic rendition of Brooklyn Heights with moving subway cars! I don't live in New York City anymore so this world really made me miss it!

Surprisingly, this is not a laggy world because a lot of those buildings are shells. But the great thing about that is that you can still build lots in this world!

I mentioned this world because TS3 allowed that high a level of creativity. I really want that capability for TS5 too!

• Stdlr9Stdlr9 Posts: 2,744 Member
    A big, open world. Big. Biggy McBigBig. Dump the emotion system in TS4 and the cheesy sparkly graphics. Pets in the base game (yeah, not gonna happen). 2020 graphics, not 1999 cheap-looking cartoons. More family interactions.
    edited April 2020

THAT

That initial loading time has gotten shorter with the current computers - it's only a few minutes now. It will be even shorter with newer models to come. After that, there is no interruption to gameplay. Whereas with all the loading screens in a closed world gets pretty annoying and the time that you wait during loading screens adds up to be more than the initial loading time for TS3's open world if you have your sims go out often. This is why people who play closed worlds generally don't like their sims to leave their home lot. Which means the player isn't using the whole map - a waste of money.

But this wouldn't be a short loading screen in TS3, it'd be a long loading screen in The Sims 5.
    You're right, computers are faster now, that's why load screens are so short in TS4.

Now imagine a game more graphically demanding than TS4, where everything needs to be loaded at the start of the game. That first load at the beginning of each TS5 session is gonna take longer than the start of a TS4 game, that's just common sense.

I'm not giving times here, because hardware will evolve by the time of TS5's launch. But the total load time would be the same; it's just a matter of loading everything, all at once, or loading a little bit, and loading the rest when you need it.
    wJbomAo.png
    edited April 2020

THAT

But this wouldn't be a short loading screen in TS3, it'd be a long loading screen in The Sims 5.
    You're right, computers are faster now, that's why load screens are so short in TS4.

Now imagine a game more graphically demanding than TS4, where everything needs to be loaded at the start of the game. That first load at the beginning of each TS5 session is gonna take longer than the start of a TS4 game, that's just common sense.

I'm not giving times here, because hardware will evolve by the time of TS5's launch. But the total load time would be the same; it's just a matter of loading everything, all at once, or loading a little bit, and loading the rest when you need it.

No, you're wrong. It won't be a longer loading screen at the begining in TS5, because TS5 will be 64-bit and will be able to use much larger capacities of RAM. TS3 was built in 32-bit and could only access 2gb RAM (3gb RAM if extended). Rendering will also be much faster and on the fly in TS5.

Also, TS3 graphics are more demanding than TS4 right now because it has higher polygon counts and has more detailed textures. As we both agree, the newer computers load them much faster now. It would be even more so in 64-bit TS5.

So 100% open world is feasible and a more attractive option. More gameplay is possible with it than with closed or partial open worlds. I don't know why TS4 simmers would want TS5 to go backward in technology like with TS4. That would surely be the death of the franchise. Besides, all the TS4 simmers said that they're just going to stick with TS4 and not move on to TS5. So leave TS5 to everyone else who won't play TS4.

EAxis has to remember that it has competition now. They can't be cheap and do the minimum anymore like with TS4. If they make TS5 closed or even partial when Paralives and Paradox Tectonic are going to be fully open world systems, they're going to lose again. Just like with Sim Cities getting their butt kicked by Cities:Skylines.

• StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    edited April 2020
    A few things off the top of my head id want:
    ▪open neighborhood, NOT open world
    ▪wants/fears, attraction system, memories, reputation, moodets, album/in game writing book like ts2
    ▪personality system, NOT just traits
    ▪ways to practice a faith, handicapped/differently abled, more options with pregancy (ultrasound, gender reveal and baby shower)
    ▪a "talk about marriage" action that will influence your partner to later ask for your hand
    ▪more alternative clothing styles
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    I don't want to be stuck in the same world. Being able to travel from Sulani to San Myshuno is amazing to me and I would hate to go back and be stuck in JUST Sunset Valley (unless you want to erase everything about your Sims relationships) for eternity.

THAT

No, you're wrong. It won't be a longer loading screen at the begining in TS5, because TS5 will be 64-bit and will be able to use much larger capacities of RAM. TS3 was built in 32-bit and could only access 2gb RAM (3gb RAM if extended). Rendering will also be much faster and on the fly in TS5.

Also, TS3 graphics are more demanding than TS4 right now because it has higher polygon counts and has more detailed textures. As we both agree, the newer computers load them much faster now. It would be even more so in 64-bit TS5.

So 100% open world is feasible and a more attractive option. More gameplay is possible with it than with closed or partial open worlds. I don't know why TS4 simmers would want TS5 to go backward in technology like with TS4. That would surely be the death of the franchise. Besides, all the TS4 simmers said that they're just going to stick with TS4 and not move on to TS5. So leave TS5 to everyone else who won't play TS4.

EAxis has to remember that it has competition now. They can't be cheap and do the minimum anymore like with TS4. If they make TS5 closed or even partial when Paralives and Paradox Tectonic are going to be fully open world systems, they're going to lose again. Just like with Sim Cities getting their butt kicked by Cities:Skylines.

You seem to be laboring under the misapprehension that I'm saying load times would be longer than TS3.

I'm not. I'm saying they would be longer than a series of short load screens, loaded as needed. Which is true. "Long" is longer than "short". That's literally the definition.

I'm not comparing its load times to any existing game, except to say that the experience of one load at the start of the game would be a comparable experience. I'm comparing TS5 to itself.

How long is a piece of string?
    wJbomAo.png