Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

SimPE help with package files

lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,095 Member
I googled this and looked over MTS and the suggestions I found didn't work. I know it's a long shot, but I figured I'd ask.

I had Sims 2 UC and SimPE working fine. Everything was backed up to a thumb drive, and when I finally got around to setting up a Windows partition and installing it on my current laptop I encountered the problem.

My game runs fine, nothing and no one is missing. But when I open the neighborhood in SimPE it can't open any character files and my Sims all show up as unknown with no data. It throws an error that says it doesn't support this file type and can't open Spore files.

I don't even have Spore, and they are just package files, same as they were when I copied them to thumb drive.

Any suggestions???
Gallery ID: LadyGray01

Comments

• Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    All I know is it's been doing that to me for the last year. I can't get it to show right. :(

It used to work fine with the UC... I don't know what happened or what I'm doing wrong either.
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,095 Member
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    All I know is it's been doing that to me for the last year. I can't get it to show right. :(

It used to work fine with the UC... I don't know what happened or what I'm doing wrong either.

Bummer. On the plus side, I am playing with a completely clean neighborhood and don't NEED to use it like I did when I started cleaning it up. Just means no more editing from here on out, unless it can be fixed.

Thanks for answering. I wasn't sure I'd get one at all in here.
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,095 Member
    @Rflong7 I looked at the SimPE files on MTS and downloaded the July 2019 file from their site. Problem solved!
    I don't know if I lost something somewhere, the program became corrupted, or if I just hadn't updated to the latest version before, but it is working beautifully again. All my Sims are showing up and can be edited again.

So my recommendation if you didn't already try it, is go to MTS and grab that file.
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Thank you! I will. :mrgreen: