Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

April Patch Speculation 2020 (Available Now April 7th)

Comments

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    lindaatjuh wrote: »
    And finally make NPC's appear at foodstalls!!
    It's not an issue with the existing foodstalls, but if you build a (public) lot en place a foodstall, there will be no vendor unless you hire one... seems odd.

Same goes for bars at swimmingpools. Feels weird to have to make your own drink at a public pool. (Maybe add vendingmachines)

Yeah I just go ahead and hire npcs.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    lindaatjuh wrote: »
    And finally make NPC's appear at foodstalls!!
    It's not an issue with the existing foodstalls, but if you build a (public) lot en place a foodstall, there will be no vendor unless you hire one... seems odd.

Same goes for bars at swimmingpools. Feels weird to have to make your own drink at a public pool. (Maybe add vendingmachines)

It works a little bit better if you designate the lot as a bar. Sims will sit on the side of the pool and chat and swim occasionally. And I agree about the NPCs. You shouldn't have to hire them if the lot is not owned. They should just show up like other lot employees.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    My game is updating!!! 😱😱😱😱
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
    edited April 2020

Patch Notes
    Update 04/07/2020 – PC: 1.62.67.1020 / Mac: 1.62.67.1020

Hey Simmers,

We know that times are a bit weird right now, but we’re keeping things as normal as possible over here so we have a few fixes for you all.

Thanks for your continued support, we hope that you all are staying home and staying safe out there.

-SimGuruGnome

FIXES & UPDATES

The Sims 4

Improved compatibility with newer macOS releases, refer to FAQ for more details here
    Made some small visual and functional improvements to the Main Menu.

Custom paintings on nearby lots that are taken a picture of from your active lot will now properly flag your lot as custom content when uploading it to the Gallery.
    So sneaky!

We addressed an issue resulting in a “Conflicting Block Cluster” error message that could occur while building, preventing you from being able to draw or move walls.

Non-active traited Sims will no longer get the “Not Enough Exercise” tense moodlet.

Stair railings will no longer appear incomplete when placed against a half-wall.

Whims are once again able to be completed after Travel.
    Whims are things your Sims want to do, but you don’t have to.

You can now safely raise or lower the foundation of The Nookstone lot in Oasis Springs – walls, floors, and furniture will no longer disappear.

The Tutorial will no longer lock if your Sim is promoted before you are given the “You Need to Gain Skill to be Promoted” task.
    Get Together

Fixed a graphic issue that could occur on Mac with some Intel graphics cards that caused plants in Windenburg to appear blocky when in Laptop Mode.
    So if you are on a Mac, with an intel graphics card, and you are in laptop mode, and you are playing in Windenburg… we got you covered.

City Living

Bulldozing 888 Spire Apartment lots should no longer result in error code 123:28b6ee3b.
    We hope it does not result in error code: 123:456789abcde
    We are fairly certain it should not result in error code: 8675-309
    And under no circumstance should error code 42 occur.

Cats & Dogs

The male veterinarian coat now has a properly visible ID badge.
    Seasons

Sims should no longer get the “Chilled” buff when the thermostat is set to warmer.
    Unless you have a heater that turns on and off repeatedly due to a bad switch in the system, and then when it decides to fail completely, it just ignores input for about 3 hours, and then when you wake up in the morning you have to carry a heavy blanket with you… ah hm… nm.

Get Famous

Actor prep tasks will no longer reset on traveling.
    This is the second travel issue in the game… was it trying to tell us something?

Island Living

Beaches are available for weddings.

Discover University

Sims living in dorms should no longer receive high bills to live there.
    Spa Day

The “Take bath with Soaks” and “Take Mud Bath” interactions are once again, once again available on Showertubs.
    This time we won’t have to remove the fix because of… crosses fingers.
    Jungle Adventure

Child sims will no longer get a flirty buff after eating Flutterberry.
    Realm of Magic

Magical Clones will no longer become permanent Sims after traveling.
    Sims can once again resume writing books when their familiars are active.
    Tiny Living Stuff

Tiny Home Residential lots added to vacation worlds via The Gallery will now properly convert into rental lots.
  • Kniga_SitaraKniga_Sitara Posts: 414 Member
    only 200 ?B.. nothing great :(

Beaches can have weddings now and they fixed the missing spa day interactions on bathtubs. That makes it worth it for me.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,354 Member
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    xamira99 wrote: »
    I don't know what is it, but we're getting a patch soon.

source: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/973899/the-sims-4-macos-notarization-faq#latest

Nah. It says in the upcoming patch - doesn't say it's in April. It's a non-visible change in where some files are stored in OSX.

You really think they'd announce even a minor patch and then not do anything for over a month?

It may be a small patch that doesn't affect half the players, but there clearly will be a patch and probably within a week or so.

Check's post date... check's today's date.

I'm surprised I called it that well... :wink:
    crocobaura wrote: »

No it has some bug fixes for pc as well. See patch notes in my post I added.
    This proves we can get patches when their working from home now.
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member

Beaches can have weddings now and they fixed the missing spa day interactions on bathtubs. That makes it worth it for me.

I notice you seem to be happy and satisfied with EVERYTHING they do regardless how small it is....that's good that you have that mind set I guess...

But yeah, awful small patch, it disappoints me :( I would love to have a huge patch with tons of bug fixes....but it is most likely too much work for them.
  • SinaMegapolisSinaMegapolis Posts: 244 Member

Get Famous

Actor prep tasks will no longer reset on traveling.
    This is the second travel issue in the game… was it trying to tell us something?

Spa Day

The “Take bath with Soaks” and “Take Mud Bath” interactions are once again, once again available on Showertubs.
    This time we won’t have to remove the fix because of… crosses fingers.

Quick, someone take a look into the code for hints. 👀👀 Crosses fingers too
    Console is getting this patch today as well.
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    Very good fixes, at least the existing packs may be in excellent shape now. I only wish they take a look into restaurants.
  • secretlondon123secretlondon123 Posts: 181 Member
    Just bug fixes. Not even a t-shirt or bunny ears or anything
  • MissyHissyMissyHissy Posts: 2,022 Member

This was perfect timing. I've got a couple in my current game who I'm hoping to have beach wedding and I was trying to suss a workaround. Now I won't have to!
    Time to build that beach wedding venue I was planning!
    Also pleased to see the spa day interactions back for the bathtubs. <3
    I'm also interested to see whether the Actor career task reset fix does anything with my actress Rebecca or whether she genuinely is a terrible actress 😂
    *All my mods can be found on The Daily Plumbob*MiAqoAE.png
  • MissyHissyMissyHissy Posts: 2,022 Member
    But yeah, awful small patch, it disappoints me :( I would love to have a huge patch with tons of bug fixes....but it is most likely too much work for them.

Wasn't there a big one with a LOT of fixes before Christmas? This one, I believe.
    So not "too much work for them", as you so politely put it. Bug fixes aren't quite that straightforward; these will be bugs that were easier to fix without breaking some major and important in the process. Some of these were bugs people noticed some time ago; so it stands to reason they've been fixed if they've finally got a stage where they are fit for release, as it were. Other things, like beach weddings for example, were probably easier to do while the team is working from home. I don't know how simple or difficult it is for bigger issues to be solved with the team working from home. I would imagine though that's quite tricky.

So I don't think it's fair to say it's too much work for them when they have released huge patches before with a lot of fixes. This is a difficult time for everybody right now and I can only imagine how complicated it can be to do this kind of job from home. I think it's great we got a patch while the team's working from home.

*All my mods can be found on The Daily Plumbob*MiAqoAE.png
    Still not fixed are the tv,stereo bookcase combos that came with Tiny Living. Sims can't see the holiday events on the tv.
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    That Get Famous acting career travel error is only just being fixed?! Unbelievable. That issue is what me stop playing over a year ago. I thought it would have already been fixed forever ago. It's ridiculous how long it takes them to fix bugs.
  • HarukotyanHarukotyan Posts: 513 Member

I do not get it. How is it cool? First of all if I understand correctly this means that all lots using custom paintings will now be marked as CC in gallery. Second this means no such lots/rooms for console players. I play with no CC myself and never search gallery for creations using CC. But these pictures I use left and right. Tones of creators make such beautifully curated collections of those. And now they will be hard to find, and inaccessible to part of the community. What is the reasoning?
  • kusurusukusurusu Posts: 971 Member
    you can now ask the future cube about future, btw
    My SuperSim Collection: Rosetta Stone · Sona Ali
  • EdithVEdithV Posts: 859 Member
    Do you guys think this might mean that the new pack might come sooner than we thought?
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,577 Member
    edited April 2020
    That Get Famous acting career travel error is only just being fixed?! Unbelievable. That issue is what me stop playing over a year ago. I thought it would have already been fixed forever ago. It's ridiculous how long it takes them to fix bugs.

It has definately not been a year. It was first reported to answer HQ in December 2019 and as far as I remember came with the last patch that had been released before that date.
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/FIXED-GF-Actor-Prep-Tasks-reset-on-traveling/td-p/8533570
    It sometimes takes the team really long to fix bugs, but in this case, there weren't too many patches released since the bug first occured.

I'm so glad the fixed the bug with whims not fulfilling. Gonna test out now which of the whims are still broken despite it - hopefully I can now reenable most of my whimoverhaul whims.

Sorry for those using self made or downloaded pictures to decorate their homes. While I personally hardly used them, one could clearly see they were a great source of creativity in the gallery and widely used. It's a shame the team put their time and effort into fixing something that hardly anyone considered a bug at all. I suppose there were some pieces of fanmade art violating copyright or including inappropriate content, so I do get why they've taken this step.
    Post edited by 83bienchen on
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    EdithV wrote: »
    Do you guys think this might mean that the new pack might come sooner than we thought?

Maybe... I wasn't expecting anything this month because of everything is happening so i'm happy for the beach weddings. that also seems to me the biggest addition besides of bug fixes. may the new pack be somehow related to this?