Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I Think I'm Going to Leave the Forums

Comments

• x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    I just want to add that, normally those who have a lot of feedbacks either positive or negative probably own all the packs or most of it & perhaps paying it at full price. I've also noticed that they have been engaging in the forum discussion more (looking by the points) & have been the member longer than those who only says "positive" things. Perhaps, there's something that they need to improve on this forum, perhaps, the forum layout or section that they need to add so that we could engage with them better, say something like "Session with SimGuru" or anything similar where we can talk to them in a related topic for one specific post.

We all need people who will give us feedback, because that's how we can improve. Again, to reiterate, it's totally up to you if you feel that you want to leave the forum. :)
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    edited April 2020
    I don't think I'm going to leave anytime soon but I have significantly reduced the time I spend here. I have sims communities on Tumblr and Discord that I enjoy far more and the forums can be super toxic for little to no reason.

Not to mention that the amount of times I've seen straight-up racism on here is much more than is remotely reasonable.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• ArcherDKArcherDK Posts: 1,130 Member
    edited April 2020
    AS much as I understand your frustration, I don't understand your logic. OF COURSE there are people who complain. OF COURSE there are people who say that sims 2 is better (*Cough* And they continue to refuse to actually play Sims 2 again because they're too scared to find out that their MEMORIES of playing Sims 2 may be more valuable to them then the game itself and that it will not be as good anymore *Cough*) and all that jazz, but what does that have to do with you?

I don't read 95% of topics simply because I don't even care. I know why I'm here and as long as I'm getting what I want - I'll remain here. I'm not here for "WAAAAH SIMS 2 WUZ BETTER". I don't have time for this and I have better things to do and better topics to read. What, do these people come to you and force their opinion? Ignore them.

I'm here for what I WANT, not for what is OFFERED. If there is nothing here that you want - I completely agree with your decision. Otherwise, I'm skeptical.

But I'm just one little nobody here. You don't have to listen to opinion that I've...*Chuckle*...offered.
    GaBDvM2.jpg
    Click the banner to follow the link.
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Then leave. No need to insult or belittle anyone who feels a different way about the video game than you. You call people on here "rude", yet you come write a huge, multi-paragraph thread being rude to others.

YES!!! Like our frustration is not legitimate.

To the OP
    Some people are still complaining about sims running to the bathroom on the second floor to wash dishes when there is a sink in the kitchen right next to the sim. Traits mean nothing. The sims are still playing musical chairs when eating.Whatever I could go on but those are glaring examples of a bad job. This why I am not going to just sing their praises when they have not fixed day one issues 5 years later. Good luck to you OP.
  • BluelleBluelle Posts: 327 Member
    Again... I think the vast, vast, vast majority of the simmers agree that attacking devs is morally wrong and I don't think anyone's disagreeing to that in this thread. No one's defending personal attacks here.
  • NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    DeKay wrote: »
    Boy, this ain't gonna end well.

I do think it can be quite bad to hear people always complaining about the game but at the same time, I also feel like the devs need to wake up. :joy:

Plus, I don't think the devs don't come on here cuz they are tired or not willing to see all the naysayers. There's a lot of positive threads here and lots of people who give constructive feedback, which they can really use to make the game better. So I don't see how that is a thing. But who am I to know? I did remember seeing the devs more often here when TS4 just came out tho. XD

Well, as long as Sims 4 is merely tagging along EA's main titles, I don't think we'll see any major investment. Not at this point. I think what remains of Sims 4's life has already been planned and laid out (not for us to see though), and then when sales drop to a certain point, support will end and Sims 4 will take its place in the grave next to the previous iterations. Sims 5, from what I've read, will be something different and include an online aspect.

I don't mind OP's post. If complaints of one type is okay, then another should be too - by the same logic, at least. I don't see anything wrong with a fellow player reminding us that a lot of negativity is bad on the spirit. Also, one can get so caught up in negative thoughts that one becomes blind to all the good stuff. I see this thread as an attempt at a wake-up call, not a hunt for personal attention as some of you like to immediately conclude.

So, how about we stop feeling offended for whatever reason and look at the plain reality in front of us? The Sims 4 could be so much more than what it is, but it will never happen because of money. This particular game (not the franchise as a whole) is just not a priority within EA's plans. We can cry about this, but we've cried for years now, and it doesn't help. Let's move beyond the disappointment of what could be, and enjoy what at least can be enjoyed.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    edited April 2020
    I can understand your problem, but forums here are not that different from real life. You'll always have to deal with negativity, it's part of life, and learning to accept it is part of life. 🤷‍♂️
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Simoleon_KachinnnngSimoleon_Kachinnnng Posts: 13 New Member
    I started playing The Sims again about 4 days ago after a 13/14 year break but unfortunately I bought it on Console and not PC which is what I had it on all those years ago at the beginning of the 2000's and even then it was a much better game in my opinion. It seems like EA have monetised the life out of the game and I seem to remember most "stuff packs" was stuff included in the original base game in the early 2000's. EA are known for this as with FIFA they only really make an effort on FUT a game mode where people spend real money on player packs and Let's not mention Star Wars. Back then I could spend months on just the base game but the base game is so watered down by EA that it seems you are forced to buy another pack or 3 to even experience anything like how The Sims should be.

I bought this in a deal and got the base game, spooky stuff, seasons, and jungle adventure for about £33. I'll see how it goes from here. I bought the game because nostalgia got me and I thought it would be like the old Maxis version. Hopefully it isn't a big mistake.
  • NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    I can understand your problem, but forums here are not that different from real life. You'll always have to deal with negativity, it's part of life, and learning to accept it is part of life. 🤷‍♂️

Yeah, I've lost most of my family including my own child. Believe me, I know negativity. I also know when negativity is pointless and just drags everyone's spirit down. That's usually the kind we're dealing with on this forum. We all need to make sure this is a place where everyone feels comfortable. It's a shared responsibility. If that means toning down the negativity once in a while...well, I don't see the problem. And that's really all OP asks for.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• mirta000mirta000 Posts: 2,974 Member
    Nindigo wrote: »
    That's usually the kind we're dealing with on this forum. We all need to make sure this is a place where everyone feels comfortable.

This includes allowing people to express upset over a faulty/ empty game. Which for some reason gets labeled as "negativity".
  • PenguinFoopPenguinFoop Posts: 1,582 Member
    xamira99 wrote: »
    I just want to add that, normally those who have a lot of feedbacks either positive or negative probably own all the packs or most of it & perhaps paying it at full price. I've also noticed that they have been engaging in the forum discussion more (looking by the points) & have been the member longer than those who only says "positive" things. Perhaps, there's something that they need to improve on this forum, perhaps, the forum layout or section that they need to add so that we could engage with them better, say something like "Session with SimGuru" or anything similar where we can talk to them in a related topic for one specific post.

We all need people who will give us feedback, (this thread is an example of that, those who simply complain about me complaining about them complaining about the game, I ignore whereas those who really seem to want a constructive conversation, I'm happy to talk to even if we don't agree) because that's how we can improve. Again, to reiterate, it's totally up to you if you feel that you want to leave the forum. :)

I can understand this. If I had spent all of that money, I'd be extremely angry too and want to come on here and just blow up furiously and rant, rave and have a massive rage against everything. That's a massive amount of money to spend.

But first, I don't think I would have bought all of those packs if I did not like the base. In fact, I didn't. When the base came out, I did not like it. I played it for a day and thought, okay I don't like this game at all. This is the worst. How could they make this game after Sims 3? This has been a waste of money. So I turned it off and played other games. It wasn't for another week or so that I said, okay let's try it again. I cleared my mind, putting Sims 3 out of it and started with a fresh mind. After giving it a chance, I enjoyed several aspects up it and now it's all I play.

That's just me though. As for the packs, after the high negativity that I felt for the base at first, I had no desire to buy a single pack (why would I when I was so disappointed with the base?) But after giving it a chance, I found that base wasn't bad at all, it was just completely different. Now I have a few packs.

That being said though, again, it's just how I dealt with it.

As for the idea you suggest about "Session with SimGuru." I would love this but fear that it won't last long before constructive criticism becomes destructive insults where production can't be accomplished.
    ArcherDK wrote: »
    AS much as I understand your frustration, I don't understand your logic. OF COURSE there are people who complain. OF COURSE there are people who say that sims 2 is better (*Cough* And they continue to refuse to actually play Sims 2 again because they're too scared to find out that their MEMORIES of playing Sims 2 may be more valuable to them then the game itself and that it will not be as good anymore *Cough*) and all that jazz, but what does that have to do with you?

I don't read 95% of topics simply because I don't even care. I know why I'm here and as long as I'm getting what I want - I'll remain here. I'm not here for "WAAAAH SIMS 2 WUZ BETTER". I don't have time for this and I have better things to do and better topics to read. What, do these people come to you and force their opinion? Ignore them.

I'm here for what I WANT, not for what is OFFERED. If there is nothing here that you want - I completely agree with your decision. Otherwise, I'm skeptical.

But I'm just one little nobody here. You don't have to listen to opinion that I've...*Chuckle*...offered.

Lol you're right of course, there are always those who have preferences. I agree with that. And no, they're not forcing thier opinions on me. Execpt when I pop on and see a thread with the title that says something about it being a horrible game or whatever. Of course, with those, I typically ignore them and go on. But when a thread that you're totally enjoying suddenly is interupted by a post or two that are completely destructive just starts ruining the entire thread. That's the frustration.

It's not that people have opinions, it's how they are expressed that ruins things for others.
    keekee53 wrote: »
    Then leave. No need to insult or belittle anyone who feels a different way about the video game than you. You call people on here "rude", yet you come write a huge, multi-paragraph thread being rude to others.

YES!!! Like our frustration is not legitimate.

To the OP
    Some people are still complaining about sims running to the bathroom on the second floor to wash dishes when there is a sink in the kitchen right next to the sim. Traits mean nothing. The sims are still playing musical chairs when eating.Whatever I could go on but those are glaring examples of a bad job. This why I am not going to just sing their praises when they have not fixed day one issues 5 years later. Good luck to you OP.

First, of course your frustration is legit. I never once said it was not. I feel the same frustrations that you've mentioned. It is also irritating when you put your toddler in a highchair then tell your sim to go get the toddler food from the fridge only to have the sim remove the toddler from the highchair first. It's very irritating.

BUT look at how you posted these complaints. You listed them. You didn't insult anybody, you offered your point of view in a way that was not destructive. You made it clear what was wrong with the game.

As I've said about others who have posted in here, these are the kinds of posts that devs don't see because (ones like the one you quoted) tend to come first so they just roll their eyes and move on accidentally missing the constructive criticisms like yours.

An example, I read the quote you used and found nothing in it that could be built upon, unlike yours so I didn't feel a reason to respond. And although you agree with that poster and that's fine, you offered feedback that we can build on.

Again, of course your complaints are legit! I never said they aren't! Thanks for allowing me to respond.
    But when a thread that you're totally enjoying suddenly is interupted by a post or two that are completely destructive just starts ruining the entire thread. That's the frustration.

It's not that people have opinions, it's how they are expressed that ruins things for others.

I feel you. I really do understand. What I don't understand is why bother tarnishing your own enjoyment and time with even reading these posts? Sure, not everything is clear and posts can be toxic without being overt, but there is little you can do.
    Why spoil the fun if it's still there?

Basically, what I'm getting to is - if you want to quit, then I wish you best of luck in your endeavors and adventures. But please do it for right reasons. We all have bad days.

That is all.
    GaBDvM2.jpg
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    edited April 2020

Yeah, I've lost most of my family including my own child. Believe me, I know negativity. I also know when negativity is pointless and just drags everyone's spirit down. That's usually the kind we're dealing with on this forum. We all need to make sure this is a place where everyone feels comfortable. It's a shared responsibility. If that means toning down the negativity once in a while...well, I don't see the problem. And that's really all OP asks for.

Once again, I can understand. But the negativity won't disappear cause it bothers a few. It's the principe of having a place where people can express their opinion. For example there's always this narrative that TS3 players spread negativity towards the forum but it goes in both way, I also see everyday TS4 players dragging TS3 & TS3 players. So like the OP said, I think it's the best solution for him/her to leave, cause negativity won't disappear. When you can't cope with it, leave it.

Plus it's not that deep. It is just a place on the internet. I'm maybe just talking for myself, but I can't understand how the opinion of players on the forum could drag my spirit down.
    Lu4ERme.gif
    DeKay wrote: »
    Boy, this ain't gonna end well.

I do think it can be quite bad to hear people always complaining about the game but at the same time, I also feel like the devs need to wake up. :joy:

Plus, I don't think the devs don't come on here cuz they are tired or not willing to see all the naysayers. There's a lot of positive threads here and lots of people who give constructive feedback, which they can really use to make the game better. So I don't see how that is a thing. But who am I to know? I did remember seeing the devs more often here when TS4 just came out tho. XD

Well, as long as Sims 4 is merely tagging along EA's main titles, I don't think we'll see any major investment. Not at this point. I think what remains of Sims 4's life has already been planned and laid out (not for us to see though), and then when sales drop to a certain point, support will end and Sims 4 will take its place in the grave next to the previous iterations. Sims 5, from what I've read, will be something different and include an online aspect.

Just like with any company, if a product does not live up to your expectations, you try to get as much out of it as possible but make plans to shelf it, take the good that you've found and move that forward in the next. So I see what you're saying there.

I don't mind OP's post. If complaints of one type is okay, then another should be too - by the same logic, at least. I don't see anything wrong with a fellow player reminding us that a lot of negativity is bad on the spirit. Also, one can get so caught up in negative thoughts that one becomes blind to all the good stuff. I see this thread as an attempt at a wake-up call, not a hunt for personal attention as some of you like to immediately conclude.

Thank you!!!! Minus the few posters who offered nothing, look at how all of the other posts have offered their criticisms in a constructive manner. You can be positive even in negativity. If we all express our problems without the emotions, things can be better handled.

So, how about we stop feeling offended for whatever reason and look at the plain reality in front of us? The Sims 4 could be so much more than what it is, but it will never happen because of money. This particular game (not the franchise as a whole) is just not a priority within EA's plans. We can cry about this, but we've cried for years now, and it doesn't help. Let's move beyond the disappointment of what could be, and enjoy what at least can be enjoyed.

I can agree with this. The game has been around long enough with all of its flaws. At this point, I can see the company writing this one off as shelf-life ending.
    I started playing The Sims again about 4 days ago after a 13/14 year break but unfortunately I bought it on Console and not PC which is what I had it on all those years ago at the beginning of the 2000's and even then it was a much better game in my opinion. It seems like EA have monetised the life out of the game and I seem to remember most "stuff packs" was stuff included in the original base game in the early 2000's. EA are known for this as with FIFA they only really make an effort on FUT a game mode where people spend real money on player packs and Let's not mention Star Wars. Back then I could spend months on just the base game but the base game is so watered down by EA that it seems you are forced to buy another pack or 3 to even experience anything like how The Sims should be.

I bought this in a deal and got the base game, spooky stuff, seasons, and jungle adventure for about £33. I'll see how it goes from here. I bought the game because nostalgia got me and I thought it would be like the old Maxis version. Hopefully it isn't a big mistake.

Thanks for your input and welcome back to the Sims! This version is plagued with issues for sure. But please don't let this sour you to future versions. The company, I'm sure, is looking at the bads and the goods and will probably move the goods forward and hopefully improve the bads in the next generation.

TS4 was originally meant to be a multi-player game, from what I understand, so it was meant to be processor-lite so that people could directly interact across gaming systems. If they had been able to achieve the online multi-player aim, I think the game would have achieved much higher opinions. However, apparently there were too many issues so they had to scrap the online multi-player aspect which degraded the entirety of the game because it is not as option-heavy as it would be otherwise. So they, again from what I understand, were stuck scrambling to make it more option-heavy and thus more satisfying for the single-player game as it's predicessors.

I can not express enough that this is just from what I understand. I do not have any inside information and do not mean to imply otherwise.

I'm sorry for your loss. And yes, that's the point although I do still insist that we want to give the devs more reason to come in, not less. So posting negative opinions of aspects of the game is not a problem, posting rants is that are designed to drag everyone down (whether that's the intention or not), will not encourage the ones that need to hear the issues to come in where they can hear them.

It's all about tone!
    mirta000 wrote: »
    That's usually the kind we're dealing with on this forum. We all need to make sure this is a place where everyone feels comfortable.

This includes allowing people to express upset over a faulty/ empty game. Which for some reason gets labeled as "negativity".

That is not what I intend. As I have expressed over and over again, you can post complaints and problems with the game, even negative opinions without posting a rant that brings everyone else down. That's the problem. EA needs to hear our complaints. But you can be negative in a positive constructive way in which everyone can agree and accept without feeling like it's pointless to try to enjoy the game at all.

If you read through all of the posts in this thread, you will see that I have agreed with a lot of negative posts because they were positively stated. Those who offer nothing in the way of construction, I simply ignore as pointless and a wasted chance to increase the conversation's value. You and I have conversed over several posts and I think we left it without coming to a compromise however though there was much negativity, the conversation was positive. It's not a difficult concept. We can all disagree, we can all complain, we can all express a negative opinion but we can all do it in a constructive manner. That's what I'm getting at.
    mirta000 wrote: »

I just realized something else based on your response. I am sure this is happening and see why some people who started out positively listing their negative issues are now simply ranting and becoming offensive/defensive. So yeah, just because someone produces a list of negative issues, that doesn't mean that they are being negative and that labeling does need to stop as well. Having problems does not make you negative. It's how the problems are presented. I am sorry for those of you who were mislabeled as being negative simply because you had issues that frustrated you. I am not sorry for those of you who just want to rant, this is different. Present your issues yes, rant, NO. A rant solves nothing and will not fix an issue. :)
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    edited April 2020
    Aine wrote: »
    Present your issues yes, rant, NO. A rant solves nothing and will not fix an issue. :)
    That's funny, considering you're here ranting. :D

IKR?:D they are also ignoring all my replies and replying to everyone else.

Maybe you're one of "Those who offer nothing in the way of construction, I simply ignore as pointless and a wasted chance to increase the conversation's value. ". 😂

Well now on a serious note: there are rules in this forum. Something that is considered out of line is deleted. I don't see people insulting the devs. What i see is people saying what they don't like about the game. And that's a good thing.

There are good things that are said with honest and crude words and bad things that are said with beautifull words...
    Post edited by texxx78 on
    @Ripleyrawr Yell at each other with pretty much no real consequences and walk away to come back a bit later, or course. What else...
    GaBDvM2.jpg
    edited April 2020
    As for not responding to all comments, first, it's difficult to get to them all. I apologize if you posted a comment that was something other than "100%" or an "I don't care" type post. Should you care if I stay or go? That's up to you but the fact that you popped into this thread suggests that you are at least curious about why it's here and now 4 pages long.

So maybe there's room for us to work together? I don't want to leave, I never did. All I want is for us to all be able to discuss our differences of opinion without either of us trying to drag down everyone else. Maybe I shouldn't have made the post but I find it funny that people find it funny that I am complaining about complainers when in fact;
    1. I am not complaining about complainers. I am complaining about the manner of which some people complain and the interpreted reason of just wanting to make others miserable because they're miserable.
    2. I have as much of a right to complain as they do so it seems to me that those who are attacking me for supposedly attacking them may just be disappointed that I have not jump on their hey let's all attack the game and thus the devs bandwagon.
    3. There is a way to air your frustrations in a manner that invites positive feedback and open discussion

One other thing, I've been accused of calling people "negative" because they have negative issues while at the same time, some of them call others kiss-ups and the such because they express positive opinions of the game. So the issue goes both ways. First, again, I do not think that anyone with an issue is a negative person, never did and never said I did. Read my post. Second, don't call people a kiss-up if you don't want them to call you negative.

Thanks.
    Okay, I'm done now. Thanks to all of you who have expressed that they understand where I'm coming from.
    Thanks to all of those who have constructively listed their complaints, I hear you.

I've aired my grievances and feel good about it. I hope you all the best and I hope that eventually those of you who need to hear what I'm trying to say do eventually hear it. Good luck and enjoy the game...
  • secretlondon123secretlondon123 Posts: 181 Member
    I agree that this is a particularly negative forum, with some vocal people would would never be happy. I don't think this is the community, as if they got their way most people wouldn't play. I presume their unhappiness reflects real life unhappiness, with nostalgia, need for close families, dislike of young adults etc. They pine for the past, but I think if any of the wit of previous versions came here they'd probably complain.

The folding bed thing was an eye opener. I presumed they were upset about the lack of folding beds in Discover University because they were a key part of university life in the US. When I realised that they aren't and that it was just because they were in a previous university pack I just didn't understand. You just want updated versions of the same old stuff?
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top