Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A word from our team: coming soon to The Sims 4

Comments

• LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    Awesome! That's more than I had dared to hope for in a quarantine, work-from-home environment. It must be really tricky for the devs to organize with each other over wi-fi, I bet it's a big adjustment.

But I'm glad they're staying safe and releasing at least some loose road maps for us. It's much better than sitting in silence with no knowledge if anything is coming anytime soon. I expect we'll still have to wait a couple more months, although I guess a patch is coming up soon, so that's nice. :)
    #Team Occult
  • PenguinFoopPenguinFoop Posts: 1,582 Member
    Honestly, despite being critical so often - the only thing I want from the devs over the next few weeks/months is for them to stay safe and remain healthy. Whatever they throw at us, I will be thankful for everything that eases the isolation.

I wish I could give you two awesomes for that! I agree completely!
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,867 Member
    edited April 2020
    Thank you for the update and stay safe !! Here in France we have been quarantined for like, two weeks already I think. Wait, no, more than that...I'm losing track of time :lol:

I wonder what EP we'll have....I'm hoping for a farming EP or something relating to school as I feel it's missing (though as the last EP was University....). Oh, or a Gerenations EP. AND CARS !!
    I wouldn't mind something with horses either. I'm not interested about bands, at least not in an EP.

And for the GP, well they did ask pretty specific questions about winter/ski vacations in the survey....
    Post edited by Dianesims on
  • thesimmer14thesimmer14 Posts: 393 Member
    Is it a mining/underground exploration pack? Don't believe anyone's guessed that one, haha :p

Thanks for the updates, Sims Team! (:
    edited April 2020
    It's werewolves and hobgoblins. I just know it is. Here's how I know. The horror channel on TV told me so... about the werewolves at least. lol

Oh and the TV also said firefighters are coming back!

Think about it, in Sims 3, the gardening channel showed the cowplant. In Sims 4, the cowplant came back. In Sims 4, the horror channel shows werewolves and the action channel shows firefighters! I'm calling it! Werewolves and firefighters!!!
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    I'm happy knowing the gurus are all safe and with their families until this COVID-19 crisis is behind us. But gosh, a little more info about at least one of those three packs would have lifted everyone's spirits. Yes, the teams are trying to work in new environments that have all the distractions that come with having a family and pets. This means they are dealing with a whole new set of challenges. But this is also the case for all of us. They are not alone because we all have to deal with the challenges and fears which have been the norm for over two months. And it may be this way for two to three months more. Some forecasters are saying this could go on for a year. With everything else we are dealing with during this crisis,it isn't too much to ask for some info that is actually informative rather than being told we can expect three packs in six months and they leave it at that. I think they have had ample time and opportunity since the release of Tiny Living to finish a game pack that should have hit the market in late March. A pack that was in the development stage last year. They always tell us it takes months to create a pack so what happened to the pack that was supposed to be released after Tiny Living? Just curious.
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    i know it probably won't happen but i would love a generations ep.
  • BluelleBluelle Posts: 327 Member

The theme the team has chosen, surprise additions, major first...all of this sounds like they're doing exactly what I feared. They're adding what they want and not anything that's been highly requested. I don't want surprises and firsts. I wanted to see 2020 deliver on what people have been wanting for years. And these non-massive change additions sound like we're not getting anything like overhauled personalities or anything that the game needs. Very disappointing update.

^ I agree 100%

• gallerysims4gallerysims4 Posts: 267 Member
    I am really looking forward to all of the upcoming packs... I really want to know what the expansion pack is, I hope it is a farming pack!!
    Feel free to check out my Instagram where I post pictures of my Sims 4 Legacy at https://instagram.com/gallery.sims4

Check out some Weekly CAS Challenges here: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/976290/weekly-cas-challenges

My SimLit Stories: https://gallerysims4.wixsite.com/simlit
  • herdarkpassengerherdarkpassenger Posts: 105 Member
    I'm very excited!!! I like surprises. I've recently gotten back into the game, dove headfirst into modding (about to find out if my aging mod works) and am exploring every freaking inch of gameplay.
  • ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    @SimGuruDuke Thanks for writing to us from your guest bedroom lol.

I learned 4 things today:

1. The Expansion pack theme will be a surprise to us.

Sooo ... When you say surprise, do you mean like a whole new theme no one is asking for, like, Surprise! This expansion pack theme is Dinosaurs! .. or like, Surprise! We are caving in to demands and giving what some players have spent years begging for! Can you believe it? OMG look babies can crawl! Wow, bet you never thought you'd see the day they left the crib, huh?! Try not to fall off your chair from the shock of this expansion pack theme!! I'm just really curious about which kind of surprise it is? Is it something brand new or something some people have been dying for? Tell us one secret please!

As I was trying to think of something I haven't noticed anyone ever ask for, like Dinosaurs, I think it would be fun to have a pet dinosaur, you know, I'm open to an Archeology Game pack so my Archeologists can go on Dino Digs and bring them back to life with magic or the science career. I'm adding Dinosaurs to my list of what I'd love to see in the future... a whole other world with Dinosaurs ...

2. We are getting some small additions to the game in the summer.

I'm looking forward to this. Because it's summer, I really hope for the classic water slide for the pool or some other outdoor objects to decorate and play with. Maybe some new outdoor activities.

3. The new Game pack is a major first.

Ohh a First?? First in the whole series? Or just first in Sims 4? Something totally new? Please give us some clues! I'm very excited about this!

4. You are working on some fun ways to promote Stay Home and Play Together. Not multiplayer, but you want us to connect with each other and the Gurus want to share more with us.

Unfortunately, Sims 4 lost me this month to my favorite puzzle and hidden object game developers who gave away many, many free puzzles and games or are supporting the World Health Organization's #PlayApartTogether to reduce the spread of coronavirus. I've spent weeks doing nothing but puzzles and hidden object games while listening to podcasts about coronavirus, but I keep checking this forum hoping for a coronavirus awareness patch with some new objects, maybe an interactive quest, maybe a new premade Sim, or something creative to engage in and support fighting the outbreak. Please join the WHO campaign or create something fun to help support the fight against the pandemic! I'm really looking forward to this! Just don't give my Sims in Strangerville COVID-19, they've been through enough pandemics. ;)
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    Oh boy, packs are coming out this year? I never would have guessed. /S

Why did we step away from announcing the themes of the packs too like last year? This is a major step back in communication.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad the employees are staying safe, but letting us know the themes of the packs will not affect work productivity.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • JadesimmerJadesimmer Posts: 76 Member
    Can we have more detailed information about each pack pleaseeeeeeee <3
    4kTG3iX.png
    So according to what I read from @SimGuruDuke, "We want to help our community of players to connect with each other (and us!) in this time of social distancing." That sounds very intriguing! I'd love to be able to connect with the gurus! Thanks @SimGuruDuke ! Love you to and all the Gurus!!!
    C'mon my guy, give us deets, please! Don't make me beg. Okay, I'll beg a little... ahem... PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEEEEEEAAAAASSSSSEEEEE!!!! <3
  • CBookCBook Posts: 87 Member
    Paigeisin5 wrote: »
    I'm happy knowing the gurus are all safe and with their families until this COVID-19 crisis is behind us. But gosh, a little more info about at least one of those three packs would have lifted everyone's spirits. Yes, the teams are trying to work in new environments that have all the distractions that come with having a family and pets. This means they are dealing with a whole new set of challenges. But this is also the case for all of us. They are not alone because we all have to deal with the challenges and fears which have been the norm for over two months. And it may be this way for two to three months more. Some forecasters are saying this could go on for a year. With everything else we are dealing with during this crisis,it isn't too much to ask for some info that is actually informative rather than being told we can expect three packs in six months and they leave it at that. I think they have had ample time and opportunity since the release of Tiny Living to finish a game pack that should have hit the market in late March. A pack that was in the development stage last year. They always tell us it takes months to create a pack so what happened to the pack that was supposed to be released after Tiny Living? Just curious.

Who said a pack would be after Tiny Living?
    Sims are Lit
  • SimCaveSimCave Posts: 86 Member
    Thank you for this update. I'm very grateful to hear that work is continuing to update the game. Under current circumstances, it would be perfectly understandable if the team slowed progress, or stopped it altogether. I'm sure you have all been affected by adjusting to the 'new normal', as has everyone, so any progress on the game is good progress... we could be getting nothing, for the foreseeable future, and none of us would have any right to complain if that were the case.

I hope everyone is keeping safe (and relatively sane), and I look forward to seeing what's coming next.

I could not have said it any better than this. Stay safe everyone. Thankyou for letting us know you are all well and still busy. <3
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    @CBook We usually see a game pack before a June release of an expansion. It was an assumption I made after the announcement that was made last year about all the new content we could look forward to in 2020. Tiny Living is a stuff pack. Now SimGuruDrake has stated we will see an expansion. Once again they have derailed certain expectations we had about what packs are going to be released and when. The statement made last year hinted there would be more paid dlc this year, which led me to assume ( I know, it's wrong to assume anything) we would be getting more, not less, content than last year. And if it takes the teams six months to develop packs, what were they working on besides Tiny Living? The teams work on multiple projects during the year. There should have been a game pack ready by now is what I should have said.
    Grynn wrote: »
    "We'll release stuff this year" is not a roadmap.

What do you mean by that? I mean, I don't know really what a roadmap is supposed to entail so could you explain?

Also, why is your name Grynn but your avatar not grinning? Nice eyes though. :)
  • GrynnGrynn Posts: 260 Member
    edited April 2020

What do you mean by that? I mean, I don't know really what a roadmap is supposed to entail so could you explain?

Well, a roadmap is when a dev share news about future releases.

But this contain so little information that it doesn't even count, not even an estimation on when the community-vote stuff pack is coming? geez.

Also, thank you, my nick comes from the Grimm brothers.

Well, a roadmap is when a dev share news about future releases.

But this contain so little information that it doesn't even count, not even an estimation on when the community-vote stuff pack is coming? geez.

Also, thank you, my nick comes from the Grimm brothers.

Ah, I see so a roadmap should contain at least some time of estimated time frame at the very least... I understand now.

Though you really should be grinning but then again by that logic, mine should be a penguin fooping i guess? Whatever fooping is...