Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What do you want

Comments

• Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I don’t want the sims 4 to ever end.
    Busufu wrote: »
    Please do not hate :D
    I am very happy with the game and imo it could go on forever :).

Me 🤣😁 I think atleast most of the things people complain are missing will come before it ends.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I think ts4 should go on for a few reasons.

1 they will add all of the missing content we need the longer it goes on.

2 I don't want to start over

3 I wholeheartedly believe sims 5 will be the worst of all I don't think we will ever see a sims 2 or 3 again. And if it's multiplayer forget it.

4 it has a lot of flaws and after giving ts3 a try I know it's not as good as the older games but I do enjoy it for a lot of of reasons and I have fun. The more the better. 🥰
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Right now I don't trust EAxis to do a good job with TS5 (they want it to be an online, cloud gaming multiplayer), so I'm tempted to vote: "Just let the series die already". But for whatever reason I'm not ready to check off that option yet....

I'm actually putting more hope in Paralives and Paradox at this point.

This is me exactly but I wouldn't mind a sims 2 upgrade as long as they fix townie aging in it.
  • Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    I want better babies and a Generations pack and after that they can end the game for all I care.

TS4 is just so dull. It's riddled with issues that the devs refuse to fix (bad AI, several year old bugs, broken whims, etc). 99% of the gameplay is dedicated to young adults with the other life stages receiving nothing, except maybe a new shirt on a good day. The sims have absolutely no personalities, no uniqueness, and no diversity. All of the them feel exactly the same. You can't personalize your sim to have any sort of preferences or interests, and it's just boring af. Packs are getting emptier and emptier as time goes on. Why would I want 5+ more years of this?

And no, I'm not going to jump on the hopes for a Sims 5 because there is no guarantee that it'll be better. I personally think it'll end up worse than TS4. I think all of the issues in TS4 might just end up being multiplied tenfold in TS5. And if the rumors of multiplayer are true, then I'm certain that TS5 won't be a game I want to play.

TS4 would need a MASSIVE coding overhaul to fix the entire game and I don't believe the developers are willing to do that, so I don't want 5 more years. I certainly don't want it to go on forever. I doubt EA are willing to let the series die, but I also, don't want a TS5 any time soon. Not unless I can trust that it would be better than TS4 and better than the other earlier games for that matter. A hypothetical TS5 would need to go forward, not backwards, in terms of its capabilities.
  • Options
    mock68mock68 Posts: 696 Member
    Just let the series die already.
    Unless the game is totally refreshed and made enjoyable again, I would rather see the whole thing end.
  • Options
    filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    The longer Sims 4 lasts the longer the development for Sims 5 will be, so bring on those extra five years if it means Sims 5 will be the Sims game of everyones dreams. Hopefully within those five years they'll add features everyone has been begging for since launch, I said it before and I'll say it again, b e t t e r p e r s o n a l i t i e s. Also cars and more family game play would be nice, and maybe more small pets like rabbits, birds and reptiles, more locomotive options like skate boards, scooters, and possibly free up the rollerblades from seasons. Also more diverse world options. We still only have eight expansion packs compared to the eleven we got in Sims 3, so we'll see what gaps they decide to fill.
  • Options
    Carl_Veluz1992Carl_Veluz1992 Posts: 500 Member
    I want selectable Babies with strollers, Cars with Garages, Hotels and more lots and create a world for The Sims 4.
  • Options
    Lolli999Lolli999 Posts: 19 Member
    Non of the choices fit me either.

I feel like the sims 3 was the best! The open world was great, and the grafics was excellent. Back then I also felt like the packs was close to perfect, while the sims 4 is totally like they are trying to make money out of the players purly as a cash cow. The fact that these small packs only consists a few skills or actions, is nothing like the sims, 2 or 3.

Somehow it would be a lot better to just stop with sims 4 and create sims 5. Have them start over and create a game where there is not so many bugs, and they have a chance to start out with proper GPs EPs and so on, and another wish I had since I started out playing the sims deluxe, creating a pack where some of the old things where in the game to.

But after buying all of those packs I would most of all wish that the pack would consist of the already made packs, even though its a long shot :smile:
  • Options
    John_SalonicaJohn_Salonica Posts: 353 Member
    Sims5 we need a shiny new game with new graphics and new gameplay
    Its time to move on!

As much as I appreciate that TS4 has some feautures that I love and I really enjoy it and cant wait for more packs, I think its time to move to a new OPEN WORLD but with NO rabbit holes game with cars, and color wheel
    xyIcMqt.png
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    5 more years I am not ready for this to end yet.
    I don't think it can go on forever but I'm down for it going on for a long time. I have doubts that will be 5 years. I'm still wanting many things though .. enough to fill up at least 3 years of packs if not more.. and it seems they have a tendency to put out packs that I wasn't expecting at all but still enjoy .. like Strangerville and Tiny Living. So maybe 5 years or so isn't too farfetched...
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Adding the options together, it looks like about 49% of people are fine with playing Sims 4, although some would like an upgrade in some form.

Anyway, something tells me no brand new games will be started this year either.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,339 Member
    I was leaning on "I don't want the sims 4 to ever end" but went with another 5 years instead. I personally love TS4, but sometime down the road like in 5 years, I would like to see what technology will do with this series. I would like to see TS5 with an open world or even an open neighborhood. Although I like the cartoon look to the Sims in TS4, I would like to see what they can do to make them look more realistic to something similar to the Witcher 3 (yeah I'm dreaming lol). However, TS5 should also include at least Seasons in the base game. I won't switch over until at least Seasons and Pets are in the game.
  • Options
    PerunaPeruna Posts: 101 Member
    Difficult question. I do like TS4 a lot despite everything (I especially like the cartoony look of it, and am praying they don't try to go for realism in TS5) and I've spent a lot of money on it, so on that hand I would not like for TS5 to come along too soon - I don't want to start from the beginning all over again. Also I'm not excited at all about the rumors about TS5 being multiplayer, seeing as how many of TS4's biggest problems are apparently due to it originally being intended to be multiplayer game.
    On the other hand, TS4 definitely has a lot of big flaws that might not be possible to fix, and the packs don't add enough to the game to significantly improve it, so this might be as good as TS4 is ever going to get. In that sense, maybe it would be better for something better to come along? But the thing is, of course, there's no guarantee that TS5 is actually going to be any better.
    Like I said, difficult question, haha.
  • Options
    candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    I don't see the point of ending it or beginning another Sims (5) you know why because they will just put in the same game play they did with Sims 4 everything in sims 4 we already had in other Sims games. Even if you don't agree it is so with the exception of a few add in ins. Mostly the game play is the same I don't really think they can do much else with the game. It basically is about Life in general it isn't about killing monsters or bad creatures it is about Life. Unless they change the entire game but then it wouldn't be the sims.
  • Options
    doogeriedoogerie Posts: 765 Member
    candy8 wrote: »
    I don't see the point of ending it or beginning another Sims (5) you know why because they will just put in the same game play they did with Sims 4 .
    Not true the difference between2/3 are night and day same between3 & 4 come to think about it.
  • Options
    ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    candy8 wrote: »
    I don't see the point of ending it or beginning another Sims (5) you know why because they will just put in the same game play they did with Sims 4 everything in sims 4 we already had in other Sims games. Even if you don't agree it is so with the exception of a few add in ins. Mostly the game play is the same I don't really think they can do much else with the game. It basically is about Life in general it isn't about killing monsters or bad creatures it is about Life. Unless they change the entire game but then it wouldn't be the sims.

I agree with doogerie - the iterations are not all the same. TS1 is 2D, TS2 is 3D, TS3 is open world with town dynamics, and TS4....is a lack-lustred, recycled multiplayer turned single player game.

With TS1, TS2 and TS3, they were vastly different from each other, so they didn't all have the same things. But what they all had was amazing gameplay to make up for any losses.

When I played TS2, I missed playing the "Makin' Magic" and "Superstar" EPs from TS1, but all the new gameplay and detailed animations in TS2 made up for that.

When I play TS3, I missed the detailed animations and the ease of running a business with the Open For Business EP of TS2, but the open world, CASt, Create-A-World, Create-A-Pattern, and the flexibility of gameplay in TS3 more than made up for all that.

TS4 on the other hand doesn't have a lot of the things from previous iterations too, BUT it doesn't have much to make up for the losses either. So yeah, time to move on to the next iteration.

EAxis has competition this time, with Paralives and Paradox Tectonic, so they can't be cheap and do minimal work on TS5 like they have with TS4. TS5 will have to be AMAZING.

• Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    None of the options really work for me. As much as I love TS4 I don't see it continuing for more than 2-3 years. And since TS2 is my second favorite version I'd love to see a return of the quirkiness and attention to detail.
  • Options
    SheepilingSheepiling Posts: 579 Member
    I want Sims 4 to feel complete before the game ends. I don't think we're close enough to that yet. We still don't even have half the occults that previous games have had, and babies need an upgrade.
  • Options
    aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    Sims 2 recode with new graphics better optimisation Sims4 AI that kid of thing
    I'm looking forward to the day Sims 4 is over so that I can use mods and not have to worry about updates breaking them.
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• Options
    LylindLylind Posts: 31 Member
    In a way, I don't feel like The Sims 4 is complete, so I was tempted to reply that I'm "not ready for this to end". Except there is so much missing in this game compared to TS2 and TS3 and I know they will never bring most of them back so, as a result, TS4 will never feel as complete as TS3 or TS2 to me. Like, ever. So with that mindset, I think I'm ready to move on to TS5 ... the thing is : I'm afraid they will take things away again instead of adding new and innovative features... And in that case, I don't want TS5 at all (and I would be tempted to pick the "Let it die" option instead).

A few people said it already, but I guess I would like TS5 only if their goal is to make it the "ultimate game", a game that would have everything we loved in the previous games : open world, great AI, great graphics and so on. They sold TS4 with the promise of groundbreaking AI and emotions and all that, but I don't find the trait system that groundbreaking (especially since the entire game relies on it) and multitasking seems clumsy. In the end it feels like it's a better looking TS3 but with a lot less fun stuff and they just brought back all of the basic functions.
    ~ In her own little world ~
    ○ ○ ○
    • Let me tell you a story ~ my blog
    • Memory hoarder ~ tumblr
  • Options
    SquirrelTail15SquirrelTail15 Posts: 259 Member
    edited April 2020
    I want them to keep going with Sims 4. It's kinda buggy and I hate some aspects of it (like coming from the Sims Freeplay and seeing what on earth they've done to the babies in Sims 4 - you can literally buy one from build mode with the bb.showhiddenobjects cheat), but if they keep working on it, I reckon it'll be smoothed out eventually.
    I'm not really open to a Sims 5. No option here's gonna please everybody, but I'd rather they kept going with the Sims 4 than rush out a disastrous game with Sims 5.
    banner.png
  • Options
    Sakia90Sakia90 Posts: 46 Member
    I'm ready for them to end Sims 4 and move on to Sims 5.
  • Options
    davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    I'm going to say what I said before....if they can 180 this game into not being an epic bore, and improve it, then I'm all for TS4 continuing. If not just go with TS5.

The community has given thousands and thousands of feedback, if there are problems, and there are, they know exactly what to do.

Same here. I want open world and there is so much left out such as real infants, cemeteries, jobs, and so many cool things in the Sims3. If it isn't open world, then I don't have any use of a Sims5. I say continue on until they make a game that breaks barriers instead of holding back. Letting go of 32 bit was an improvement. If Sims5 is to go where all the top games are today, they will have to make it a top notch game and not dumbed down. If they start over now, we have the same games to buy all over again and that is the dead last thing I want. I shake my head everytime I read about someone who wants to buy the same games over and over and basically have what we have now.

Well, they have already said that the Sims 4 will continue for years/there is still years more content left. They are taking surveys for the future. They are adding Sims 4 in other platforms. They said Sims 4 won't have the same timeline as past Sims games. I don't think it will end anytime soon. My guess is close to 5 yrs. and from the petite amount of content we're getting, even 5yrs. won't be enough to catch up to Sims3. If we can't have open world, I hope they stick to Sims4 for many, many years 5, 7, or so.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Sims 2 recode with new graphics better optimisation Sims4 AI that kid of thing
    Give me Sims 2 with updated graphics and updated CAS besides that it is perfect. But if they truly put some effort and changed the Sims in Sims 4 to actually have unique personalities I would not mind it continueing another 4 years but with we got I really dont want it lasting that long.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Not ready, and please. please, please give me horses!!!