Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A word from our team: coming soon to The Sims 4

EA_MaiEA_Mai Posts: 1,800 EA Staff (retired)
In our most recent blog article, SimGuruDuke shares a bit about what the team is planning for the coming months as we all adjust to our new normal.

Check it out here!: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/news/the-sims-4-2020-plans

ts4-april-6-blog-image.png.adapt.1456w.png

Comments

• logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    edited April 2020
    Thank you for this.
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    edited April 2020
    Huh, color me surprised...I just hope these aren't lack luster packs....please please please make these good ones (expect the community voted stuff pack I am not interested in)
  • NationalPokedexNationalPokedex Posts: 829 Member
    So that means we'll have every pack by October then... :o
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    aside from the packs release, any update about the feature overhauls that you guys asked on the previous survey?
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Looking forward to that Expansion Pack- It'll be nice to be able to bundle again.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    Thanks for the update! Although it's a bit late (April ;) ), I'm thankful for this! It's better to be late than nothing at all!

Just wondering, what or when is the next patch (referring to the last survey)? I'm on Mac & with the recent note about it, it makes me a little bit anxious.

Also, may I know when is the next update on the theme of the packs that we're getting? Will it be announced as MM or another blog post? Are they planning to have another Sims camp? If not, are we getting a teaser soon?

Since the GP is another major first, what can we expect? Is it something different than the Strangerville too?

Is there any update on the terrain tool? If I remember it correctly, during the last session, we've been told that there'll be some improvement on it later on. I'm a massive fan of this tool, and I hope that the Guru still remember & going to update this soon.

How about the stairs tool? Are we getting any update, especially the stair railing?

How about the water tool? Any update about this? Is it still possible?

I'm sorry for my questions. I do still have a lot to ask. :)
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • PhillipaErdnussPhillipaErdnuss Posts: 73 Member
    Well, that what I had thought would happen this year, Expansion Pack, Stuff Pack, Game Pack. Nothing new though but nice to have confirmation.
    I hope to have news about the expansion pack soon. But I understand that with the current situation many timing schedules must be adjusted so I continue to sit quiet waiting for news on what's to come.
    Phillipa Erdnuss
    Mayoress of SimCity and all associated districts
    Let this cart-button disappear!
  • MissyHissyMissyHissy Posts: 2,022 Member
    Looking forward to these. I like the surprise elements; whatever they are, I'm sure I'll have some fun with them! Thanks for the update, very appreciated, especially with how difficult things are right now! <3
    *All my mods can be found on The Daily Plumbob*MiAqoAE.png
  • MissingHoursMissingHours Posts: 4 New Member
    Thank you for this update. I'm very grateful to hear that work is continuing to update the game. Under current circumstances, it would be perfectly understandable if the team slowed progress, or stopped it altogether. I'm sure you have all been affected by adjusting to the 'new normal', as has everyone, so any progress on the game is good progress... we could be getting nothing, for the foreseeable future, and none of us would have any right to complain if that were the case.

I hope everyone is keeping safe (and relatively sane), and I look forward to seeing what's coming next.
  • akasevenakaseven Posts: 279 Member
    In addition to the Stuff Pack, we are also hard at work on our next Expansion Pack. I’m super excited about the theme the team has chosen—I think it will be a surprise to many of you. The team has also been hard at work on some new surprise additions we plan to bring to the game over the summer. They are not massive changes, but they are pretty cool ones that I think you will have a ton of fun with. Another group on our team is currently focused on our next Game Pack. This pack is a major first for us, and we are super eager to share it with all of you later this year.

The theme the team has chosen, surprise additions, major first...all of this sounds like they're doing exactly what I feared. They're adding what they want and not anything that's been highly requested. I don't want surprises and firsts. I wanted to see 2020 deliver on what people have been wanting for years. And these non-massive change additions sound like we're not getting anything like overhauled personalities or anything that the game needs. Very disappointing update.

for me and it's kind of obvious that the expansion might be related to music because of the latest rumors related to voice contraction and other little things related to music, but now that you mention it I would be slightly shocked if it isn't.

So I'm glad they posted, sooner than ever, but I sincerely wish they had added tips on the themes of each thing to make it more fun to speculate, what I wonder is when each thing is going to be released and especially what would this "possible update in the summer" be related to the polls that were posted months ago? this is what breaks everything up a bit, you can imagine something that can have fun and in the end just be another hot tub with a different color.
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    In addition to the Stuff Pack, we are also hard at work on our next Expansion Pack. I’m super excited about the theme the team has chosen—I think it will be a surprise to many of you. The team has also been hard at work on some new surprise additions we plan to bring to the game over the summer. They are not massive changes, but they are pretty cool ones that I think you will have a ton of fun with. Another group on our team is currently focused on our next Game Pack. This pack is a major first for us, and we are super eager to share it with all of you later this year.

The theme the team has chosen, surprise additions, major first...all of this sounds like they're doing exactly what I feared. They're adding what they want and not anything that's been highly requested. I don't want surprises and firsts. I wanted to see 2020 deliver on what people have been wanting for years. And these non-massive change additions sound like we're not getting anything like overhauled personalities or anything that the game needs. Very disappointing update.

...I fear this too, if they mean different never seen before like Strangerville...fail.
  • GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,291 Member
    Could be a school pack? They've never done that theme before and teen gameplay could be expanded upon. Or it could be a band pack?
  • secretlondon123secretlondon123 Posts: 181 Member
    Thanks for the update - looking forward to it :)
  • Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Colour me excited! All of it! New expansion new game pack and new stuff pack. Is the community stuff pack the stuff pack in the roadmap or is there a second one? Hmmmm.

The other game updates sound cool too. Nothing big or game changing but still I hope they really add something to the game.
  • ThePinkBookGirlThePinkBookGirl Posts: 437 Member
    I appreciate the update. It's good to know that they are still able to work on packs. As for the packs, I'm excited for the expansion pack because we now have most/all of the main packs (University, etc.), so what will they do for something new?

The game pack I feel may be based around Sims with disabilities, like wheelchairs, etc. There have been many known discussions about bringing that into The Sims, so that would be a 'major' addition to the game, never done before.

Stuff pack will be a fun, new addition.

The surveys they sent out were quite intriguing. I'm looking forward to how they will incorporate those changes AND if they will go back and add to/fix previous packs, like they had asked about. Those changes alone would be amazing to see.
  • TrimothTrimoth Posts: 418 Member
    Thanks for the update! much appreciated and can't wait for the content to come, please patch in homeschooling for teens as well
    tumblr_np609wKvSy1ssn1m9o2_540.jpg

Origin id: trimoth

• GordyGordy Posts: 3,015 Member
    edited April 2020
    Good update. Much better than radio silence. It would be nice to know more about the releases, like what months to expect them, but "summer" gives me a pretty good timeframe to work with. I was holding off on getting Animal Crossing because I wanted to know if we'd be getting more Sims stuff soon, but since I have a bit of time before the next EP, I can buy it.
    This pack is a major first for us
    After StrangerVille, meaningless island conservation and the hamster pack, I've come to see "different" and "good" as things that cannot co-exist in Sims 4. Unlesssssss this is your way of telling us that we're getting a dragon pack? That you will take the Sims 1 dragons and take them to new heights? Because I'd be down for that.
    The team has also been hard at work on some new surprise additions we plan to bring to the game over the summer. They are not massive changes, but they are pretty cool ones that I think you will have a ton of fun with.
    So an update to the base game? Killer. We do need some big changes, but updates are still good. And I'd appreciate anything that can improve the longevity of the game; I'm still going playing with angled stairs and freelance careers.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,406 Member
    Thank you for the road map. I wish we could have gotten a release schedule (rough estimate would suffice) or a theme/title. But I am still happy to hear the little info we got. I am looking forward to find out more. At least people who are missing a pack type for a bundle know they can make one within 6 months.
  • PenguinFoopPenguinFoop Posts: 1,582 Member
    xamira99 wrote: »
    Thanks for the update! Although it's a bit late (April ;) ), I'm thankful for this! It's better to be late than nothing at all!

Just wondering, what or when is the next patch (referring to the last survey)? I'm on Mac & with the recent note about it, it makes me a little bit anxious.

Also, may I know when is the next update on the theme of the packs that we're getting? Will it be announced as MM or another blog post? Are they planning to have another Sims camp? If not, are we getting a teaser soon?

Since the GP is another major first, what can we expect? Is it something different than the Strangerville too?

Is there any update on the terrain tool? If I remember it correctly, during the last session, we've been told that there'll be some improvement on it later on. I'm a massive fan of this tool, and I hope that the Guru still remember & going to update this soon.

How about the stairs tool? Are we getting any update, especially the stair railing?

How about the water tool? Any update about this? Is it still possible?

I'm sorry for my questions. I do still have a lot to ask. :)

For some reason your post made me laugh. It's like you're a kid who was just told you're getting a new puppy and you're like...

Oh! Is it a big one?
    Is it a little one?
    Is it white or brown?
    Is a really hairy or have short hair?
    Is it a boy or a girl?

Lol
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    Hm, so - because the EP will surprise us, it can't be Farming. Bummer. But on the other hand, Farming might be possible to squeeze into a GP, too :)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,453 Member
    Justine Keaton expansion, stuff pack, and game pack confirmed. :#
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,703 Member
    edited April 2020
    Love that we're getting some new features. 👍 Can't wait to see what they are.

Thanks for the update!