Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Legacy-Bachelor Challenge *COMPLETED*

Comments

• MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    edited April 2020
    As a painter Lonnie would be really useful since, being a vampire, he can paint at all hours (not needing sleep). I had to laugh when I saw Kevin staring at all the alcohol :D poor guy obviously gets nervous in social settings.

That bikini looks great on Tempy <3 Bryce loved that waterslide lol.
    "Looks like she goes to a 4-letter party... :)But I don't say more..."
    :D:D:D
  • TheYayToastTheYayToast Posts: 1,466 Member
    Aaaah! The chapters have been hilarious as always. It's awful to see the guys go one by one, but I'm glad that this time around they are getting married off right away.

Feel free to mark Addison as eligible for marriage too. She might be erratic and squeamish... but I'm sure there's a dude out there that could love her.

Now about the chapters...

Day 2:
    I can't believe none of those booties showed up for the first party. They are just too uncool.
    The army of Pose Knights are sort of ominous... And then it didn't even work. *facepalm*
    Dude... what was with the scary woman giving Samson and Kevin W. the evil eye?! That is NOT how you flirt!
    I love Marquise in the robot costume... Hot guy dressed in weird outfit is hilarious. It reminds me of a meme though.

Day 3:
    James is so sweet. He seems like such a nice guy. Him stumbling around at the skating rink was great.
    The cosplay club is sooo annoying. They always show up and make normal situations awkward! It's like: Oh, I'm just trying to flirt with this guy-- Oh hi Darth Vader. :neutral:
    I like Kevin S a lot. He's a strange sort of fellow. I think he'd make an interesting match for Tempy. Don't know about the whole turn her to the vampire side though. Tsk.
    And once again... I think Marquise is a very attractive imaginary man. Haha.

Day 4:
    Those bear costumes... Eeeeewwww. I don't know why. But the vapid eyes and slightly open mouth just make them sooo creepy!
    I'm glad that Jett decided to be a space commander instead. Good boy.
    Talking through the glass is amazing. I think every conversation should be done this way. Like you're talking to a prisoner or someone in a fish tank.

Day 5:
    Lonnie comes off as really cool. I think it's how casual he started the date! Just chillin on the couch next to her.
    And I agree that James looks at Tempy with undying devotion in his eyes. Geez!
    I burst out laughing when I saw Tempy phase through the door in her desperate attempt to go pee. Jett should be used to that, his mother has a tiny bladder bar too. :p
    I will go with the more polite consensus that Bryce was trying to hold Tempy's hand... He just botched the action really badly.
    Joey looks like he was mugging for the camera. "Is the tape rolling? Excellent. Get my chocolate side." (I will forever use chocolate side, cause that's great.)
    I want to say something about Kent's date... but Kevin S and his blossoming alcohol addition is too distracting!
    Marquise: Magic is a great hobby. It really leaves the ladies spellbound. Bad dum tish!
    Hey Moss... are you coming by to get a side piece vampire apprentice??? You have George at home!
    I love Sophie. I adore her more with an umbrella cause that's just silly.

Day 6:
    Tempy looks good in that bathing suit! Too bad it rains nonstop in your game. >.>
    I love the animations from the waterslide!
    Pinto is also words in Spanish! Pinto means painted. There's a horse called the Pinto. There's also a bean called the Pinto Bean... which is what I think of constantly. Sorry @doggers123. :sweat_smile: In addition... there was the car the Pinto, but it's um... ridiculous looking.
    Pinot Gris is one of the only wines I actually like. I don't drink, so... yeah, I don't know much about wine. Haha.

All my sim Elders usually look pretty young. Except for the awful decrepit walk they make elders do. Like they are breaking with every step! It's awful!

I'm so incredibly shocked that Jett got a date. O.O" I have no idea why I was surprised, but I really was.
    I love when sims sing karaoke. They look so silly! I have no idea what the singing sounds like, but I'll assume it's awful.
    I love the picture for when Jett and Tempy are talking about siblings. He's totally giving her a "Wait what" sort of look. "Your sister just learned to what now???" Haha.
    Amy really isn't happy now that she's not in the spotlight anymore. What a brat. Hehe.

Gosh! I have no idea how Bryce went home. I guess they must really not have had any chemistry. That's really shocking! Especially since they had the date to spend time together!!! How weird. I'm sorry Doggers. :(
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    @Queenarella
    Biotin makes your nails grow much faster and stronger, so you'll have to cut them even more. Hubby complains about that with vitamins too that I make him take. lol Oh well, to me, I'd rather have to cut more if it means I don't have dry skin. *shrugs*

I took a look at the milestone requirements for the Beach Life aspiration, and while she wouldn't have to live in Sulani, you would need to visit for some of the requirements. For instance; Find 10 Collectibles (Seashells mainly) Combing the Beach, Explore the Cave, Find Buried Treasure. The rest of them could be done anywhere. :)

Nah, I think there's a lot of women/men who prefer clean-shaven guys. Someone did a poll on here about body hair for our Sims and if I remember correctly, there were a lot who didn't want it. As for that guy, some people just can't stand it if you don't go along with their POV. You know the type, "I'm right, you're wrong and here's why." lol

I figured that was your thought with vampires in your Legacy. Want to stay here? Okay, but you have to be cured, otherwise, get out! lol

I do too. I could make a basement or a third story to the house for it, but I'd rather it was outside on the grass/sand where it's intended to go.

So happy to hear the guys eliminated in this Gen are getting married! \o/
    Ah, okay. For some reason I thought they had millions. lol Opps!

Don and Ella's daughter in my Drifter challenge has aged up to a child now and she's still pretty cute. The real test though will be when she ages to a teen. Oh! Don got abducted last night. o.O I don't know if he's preggers or not though, I closed the game soon after. Be cool if he had a purple alien baby! *crosses fingers* <3

Aw, that's so cool. But kind of bittersweet for Bryce now that I know he's been eliminated. :( But at least he's married now!

LOL Okay, well I didn't know that word would be censored. *rolls eyes* Anyway, it rhymes with the word slip. Just replace the 'sl' with 'n' and there ya go. ;)

I'm guessing the 'hobby' clue means he really is a spellcaster. But I guess he could just be a wannabe spellcaster.

Ohhh, you're right I did! D'oh! I'll fix it. :)

hehe Yeah, if you look in the Funny Moments thread, I think the shot I saw was in there. So silly. :D

Current chapter comments:
    Uhg, seems like it's always raining or a thunderstorm whenever my Sims visit Windenburg, and Willow Creek. Especially Willow Creek.

Whoa! Bryce looks like he's been working out 24/7. Just like Don in my Drifter challenge. lol He almost NEVER stops working out. Well except to woo hoo. He'll always stop for that. ;)

Myspace? HAHA Uh, yeah, Kaden's an elder alright. A very handsome young looking one, but still, elder.

I love Karaoke in this game! But yeah, they sound terrible at first. o.O

I thought you were showing Kaden again at first until I noticed the wrinkles and the shirt. (same hair)

Jett and Tempy seemed to get on well. :)

Hi Amy! Hi Tony! Tony looks pretty good for an elder too actually.

*raises hand* Did not see that coming at all, especially how he was looking at her in the last chapter. Bye Bryce, he'll certainly be missed @doggers123

And bye Sophie! I'm sure we'll be seeing more of her though, most likely bartending at a party.

Can't wait to see what happens next! <3
  • QueenarellaQueenarella Posts: 3,379 Member
    @MaggieMarley Yes, Lonnie could raise the family's fortune ^^

Kevin seemed to have some booze, too, as he seemed pretty confident when he talked to Tempy :D

So true, the blue and white go hand in hand :)

There's no sim who doesn't love the waterslide :D

I couldn't resist :D

@TheYayToast Oh wow, so many comments :D Hm, I hope the old generation still gets a bit of loving, too.

Addison lives in the legacy household right now and that's marked as played. And MCCC is set to avoid played households :) But does this mean that in case Jett wins that Addison won't live in the legacy house? He takes care of her so I thought she and the cat would stay, too.

Day 2:
    The relationships weren't high enough yet for them to show up ^^ At least that's my excuse.

I didn't use them. I just threw the idea out and moved Tempy in with each house for a party :) The pose knights work very well :p

She looked so creepy! I should have clicked her to see her name to stalk her a bit :D

What meme?

Day 3:
    Everytime I see James I think of Don and how Don is a womanizer. But James is the opposite :D

It's the first time I've seen this club. :sweat_smile:

Hm, I don't think I would turn Tempy. Sophie is buggy and one buggy vampire is enough for now. I'd rather cure his vampirism after a while. Maybe after Tempy turns to adult? Idk. I'll think about this in case one of the vampires wins :)

Marquise seems to be the Eddy of this generation :D Everyone says he's hot.

Day 4:
    The bear costumes look like stuffed bears. Real stuffed bears. Just creepy.

Oh right, that costume is from the Astronaut career! I thought he's a pilot :D

Some gas stations have that glas thing, too. At least at night. Hate that :D

Day 5:
    Lonnie seems calm and relaxed in general. He might have found his piece by now. Teach me, master!

It's a bit early to look at her like this tho, or is it just me? :sweat_smile:

Waaaaait a second. Is this a hint that Jett is Aurora's son? :o

Chocolate side should a common expression in English. And every dictionairy should state that I, Queenarella I., introduced it to the English language :joy:

Sophie with a super girly umbrella :D The Grand Master and her pink butterfly umbrella :joy:

Day 6:
    It's so weird. It doesn't rain non-stop now in Newcrest - only like every second day of summer - but as soon as she goes to a different world. Boom. Rain. Windenburg was the worst so far. But only because I avoided Brindelton Bay.

I love to watch them fail on the waterslide :joy: Sophie going down on her face is the best so far ^^

Oh I didn't know all that. I drink wine when I'm with my best friend and I'm just like "this bottle looks nice, let's buy it" :D All I can say is I prefer white wine. Or sweeter red whine. Dry red wine makes my mouth go bleh.

Talk to @Karababy52 about the walk :joy: She hates it even more than you, I guess. Elders are bullied by the game in general...

Maybe you were shocked because I mentioned the one guy of each house with the worst relationship with Tempy gets to go on a date. H

What bothers me about karaoke is that you always can only start out with Country music. Most people I know despise it :D Why not go with a more popular genre like pop?

Jett has some really funny expressions! He is a bit like Amy in this way. And who wouldn't be shocked to here someone only recently learned how to smile? :D

Oh her ghost will haunt the house worse than Barbarella and Veronica combined :| She needs the attention.

It is really weird! I guess they had a conversation where they disagreed too much? They talked for a whole hour and only gained 1 point.

@Karababy52
    Well the dry skin is only on my hands actually. And my face. But I did a lava stone mask thingy yesterday and now my face is smooth again :)

Oh ok but for the cave Tempy would have to move to a different lot anyway, I assume. So it would be fine :)

I don't mind body hair at all tho :D A hairy chest is not a problem but a beard is :D The longer the worse. Someone's once told me that there are more bacteria in a man's beard than on a public toilet :s Thanks, no!

Yes, this dude was so... focused on his own POV. I guess it was because he thought he's iresistable and I told him he's not my type :D How dare I?! What's wrong with women and their own mind? Ugh :joy:

I keep on talking about getting a pet for the family. And therefore we need one empty slot. And there will be babies again. So I need slots. The more vampires I have in the household, the less slots are free for new memebers. I really don't mind vampires. They're cool :D But the slot thing bothers me.

Hm, I'm not sure if you can place it inside. No matter which wall height you use, the water slide will be red inside rooms. If I recall correctly that is.

Yes, I was so relieved to see the notifications :)
    Haha, nope ^^ Their house is too big for them to get rich easily. I guess that's why the bills in ts4 are this high. Me likey ^^

I saw your screenshot of them using the potty together :D:D She looks really cute as a toddler. Let's hope for the best :) Hm, the chances he's pregnant are high but the few times my sims men had alien babies they were always green :/

Oh I think I know why it's censored. It could be used as the short form of the pink round thingies on the breast :joy:

I checked - shame on me - he's not a spellcaster :'( I will make him one if he wins B) Live your dream, Marquise, live your dream.
    My sims live in Willow Creek and it's not that rainy there. But Brindelton Bay... Oh boy.

Bryce's jacket really hides his perfect body. I was like "woah!" when he undressed. Or rather changed in his trunks :D When Don ages up to elder you really need to watch out to not make him exercise too much. I had to babysit Nathan as an elder or else he'd killed himself -.-

I couldn't resist lol

It takes some time until they level up in singing. At least it's torture until it's ok to listen to or hear it.

Yes, Kaden and Billie look alike as elders ^^

Tony is a ridiculously handsome elder. I hope that helps him get married soon!

It's still shocking. The solo date, the looks he gave her. ONE HOUR of talkie talkie time. And bam. Bye Bryce :'(

Oh good idea. I'll hire her as a bartender every time thehehe And if not, she'll still be there in the legacy house :)

The next chapter will come out in a few hours. I guess :D
    And here it is, the new chapter!

G4.D7: Kick, Kick, Boom
    @Queenarella
    Yeah, I've heard that too about beards. I'm not too keen on long beards, but the close shaven ones are fine. Hubby keeps his trimmed extremely short. I wouldn't even call it a beard. It's just on his chin too. His 'stache is much thicker.

*gasp* How dare you have an opinion!?

Yep, I can see how that would be a problem playing large families with pets. In other iterations the pets didn't count as a slot. I wish that was true in TS4.

Did you try to put the slide inside with MOO on? ;)

lol Yeah, I love that screenshot, so funny! Thanks! She's cute as a child now too. Oh and Don's not preggers. *dangit*

Pink round thingies... LOL! Bingo! :D

Aw, well he certainly looks like he should be a spellcaster. Win or not, you should make him one! I agree!

Seriously? You're lucky! Mine seems like it's always raining. Boooo! :/

Undressed huh? Just to his shorts you say? Uh huh, suuuuuure! hehe :p I already plan to get rid of the exercise equipment once Don ages up to elder. He'll have to jog or do pushups and stuff to get his fix. I'll turn the home gym into something else. Hey! Maybe I'll try to cheat a waterslide in that room! :p

Yes, Tony is! *crosses fingers for him* Give him a chance ladies!

Cool, gotta keep the tradition going eh? Sophie already stashes drinks in the fridge, right? :)

Current Chapter:
    hehe I got the biggest laugh out of Marquise cheering on all the other guys! He certainly is an excitable Sim, I love it! So cute!

Always makes me laugh how annoyed you get over nobody using chairs to eat too. Sorry... I MAKE my Sims sit down if they decide to stand. Most of them sit though...but in the wrong place. I'll tell them to sit on the couch and watch the cooking channel to get that skill up while eating. But they have this annoying habit of sitting at the dining room table first and THEN moving to the couch. Ugh! :/

Man, Kevin sure loves that slide. Great screenie of him getting soaked from all sides. hehe

So cute how James and Lonnie were chatting each other up. They 'almost' look related in that shot. Adorable! <3

Nice try cornering Tempy on the heavy weight machine Kent. lol If looks could kill, the poor guy would be a goner right now.

I've got a hankering for grilled cheese now. Guess I know what's for dinner! ;)

Anxious for the results and hope it's good news for James. o.O *gulp*

Have a great afternoon/evening! <3
    @Karababy52
    So he's got stubbles and a stache? ^^ That's ok... Stubbles are ok but not if they stay forever :D I have super sensitive skin and stubbles can make me explode in a rash :# That is when it's the partner with the stubbles and when kissing and the stubbles touch my face :D

I know! Lock me in the kitchen, put the chain back on my ankle - ankles are OF COURSE covered by a long dress, so long I trip every second step I take - and other Victorian age stuff :D

Yes I wish it was like that in ts4. We can't control them so why do they need a slot? In the past women had to choose between kids and career, now our sims have to choose between crazy cat lady or kids. SHAME! :D

Nope, I barely use Moo because the cheat is so long and I make too many typos :D Does it work? Have you tried it?

Aw man :/ Pregnant Don would have been amazing!

Haha yes! I think those pink round thingies can also be called what you typed and that's why it was censored ^^

Maybe he has one of the spellcaster aspirations and pammiechick wants me to make him a spellcaster then :) Maybe that's why spellcasting is one of his hobbies ^^

I don't play that often in Windenburg tho. Most of the times I only use San Myshuno, Newcrest and Willow Creek :D

I noticed Bryce's muscles when he played on the water slide :p And he still wore trunks lol

Good idea! Locking the door to the gym is not an option. For some reason the locking doesn't work. Grr....

I don't get why they aren't married off. I marked them to get married soon -.- I get a thousand notifications of marriages all the time but none of the guys :/ Except the two from this generation ^^

Sophie makes one or two drinks on free will and I put it in the fridge. She then goes to the fridge and drinks it anyway :D
    Marquise was unstoppable. I made him sit down again and again. Free will was turned off. He got up and cheered anyway.

If they sit there's also a thing: When you want them to sit somewhere else, they first finish their dish and then sit where you want them to sit :joy: Moments when I want to throw them out the window :D

I need to watch Kevin and also Lonnie. They can't go outside during the day or they'll die. I don't want them to die :sweat_smile: Would be awkward like "Kevin is eliminated because he's ash now. Sorry" :D

Lonnie and James had the same expression on ^^ But their faces look different. The nose is different and more ^^

Haha so true! The way Tempy looks at Kent is dangerous :D

I've never had grilled cheese in my life. It's not a thing here.

You'll find out soon ^^

Have a nice day <3
    @Queenarella
    No, it's actually longer than stubbles, not pokey or anything. It tickles. :) My daughter is the same way, super sensitive skin. She can just be sitting on the ground and brush her arm against the grass - instant rash.

Long? it's just bb.moveobjects on that's it! You don't have to put in testingcheats true first or anything. Anyway, no, I haven't tried it yet. Don's still an adult for a couple more weeks or so.

I know right? Well, I've heard of elder Sims being abducted and getting an alien bun in the oven, so there's still lots of time. I hope he's not an elder if it happens. Would be kind of funny though. lol

That's exactly why it was censored. *sigh*

Yep, quite possible. You'll have to ask her if he wins. :)

Ah, okay. I personally love Windenburg island and the countryside. Not so much the city area.

lol Okay, fair enough. Unless you have the 'mod that shall not be named' you wouldn't see anything anyway except what Barbie sees when Ken's undressed. Boooooring! :p

Seriously? Door locks work in my game. Well, at least the last time I tried to use them. Now that we can lock computers, and Vamps don't actually break in and bite my Sims anymore, I rarely lock doors.

So dang sad. :( Oh well, at least some of the most recent guys will enjoy a life with somebody to love and possibly children.

lol Silly Sophie, like Mother like daughter. ;)
    Uhg, pfft, free will is a joke since they nerfed it. I'm hoping it gets tweaked soon. IF we ever get another patch any time soon. I'm in no hurry though. Considering what's going on in the world. Just my opinion, but I think we need to give them a break.

Gah! I've had to deal with that in the past too! Plus, just last night I wanted Ella to read this book, told her where to sit and she kept going to a chair in Della's room just because she was in there doing her homework. I had to command her to sit in the living room on the couch three times before she actually stayed there. But I think the only reason she actually obeyed me was because Della finished and went to bed. Bleh...

LOL That made me laugh so hard! I doubt Maggie would appreciate a message like that though. Sorry for laughing Maggie. :#

Yeah, it was just their expression and posture. But it was still fun to see and speculate. Made me smile. :)

*GASP* Holy Simoly! I can't even imagine never eating a grilled cheese. Sooooo good! You should try one sometime. If you like cheese, you'll love them. <3

I know, 'twas not fishing at all! :)

You too! Sun's coming up, time to feed the kitties and I need to color my hair too. Hubby keeps whining about it. *rolls eyes* I love him and like to make him happy, and he's right anyway, it looks terrible half and half, so it's all good. See ya! B)
    G4.D8: I Love Winners!

is out now :)

Have a nice weekend <3 Next chapter on Monday, as always :)
    @Karababy52
    It's so annoying to have super sensitive skin. Your daughter has it even worse than me :# I pitty her :/

It's two cheats that I fail to spell correctly way too often :D

Wait, elders can get pregnant form aliens? :o WHAT? :o

True, the city part is too grey... That's not what European cities look like. At least the ones I know :D We have many trees and green areas.

Poor Barbie, missing out of all that fun :joy: I don't use that mod, ew. But the skin I use has the round pink thing that would be censored here. And I have a CC dress - so pretty - that's in the skirt category -.- and to use it you need to use a completely topless top (came with the CC) and there you can see the pink thingies :D Oops. I avoid that topless top tho. Love the word combination topless top :joy:

It doesn't work in my game and I saw that afai's game seems to have the bug, too.

I still wonder why that happened... Maybe it has something to do with me deleting all the other townies. There were so many households and I deleted all the newly generated ones. Shouldn't have done that...
    It was nerfed? What?! How come I missed that? Again? Someone said vampires got nerfed. How? When? What?

I don't mind them taking a break. It's more important to stay home now. But we really need a patch ASAP after the lockdowns are over.

Hate that. Hate it so much. When this happens I can understand all the players that kill their sims.

Haha, I'll take care of them so I won't have to say it ^^

I guess it's just not a thing here in Germany :sweat_smile: But we have a Bavarian dish that's kinda similar but better :p It's called Strammer Max. SOOOO delicious! Or Toast Hawaii. That's even more similar to grilled cheese but there's also pineapple on it. I hate pineapple so I eat it without it.
  • TheYayToastTheYayToast Posts: 1,466 Member
    Oh my gosh! Responding to the last couple of chapters and stuff... haha.

So I won't say much about Jett's Mom. ^.^

It's totally up to you if you want to have Addison live with them or not. I didn't actually think about the idea of her living with them. I just included her as almost flavor text. They are your characters now. Do what thou willst with them. Lol.

The soccer bounce is so weird. I love how the scores seem so arbitrary. I don't let my own Sims have the balls in their inventory anymore cause all they do all day is bounce it.

Marquise was an adorable cheerleader for everybody! I love that snow white goof nut.

Today's chapter...
    Oh gosh all the guys looked great in their formal wear. Even if Jett looked under dressed without a jacket. Haha.
    Aaaaaah! I'm incredibly surprised that Jett won the bouncing competition. Again. The scoring is soooo random.
    I totally didn't remember that Jett's summer outfit is the shirt you called ugly or something when it was on Townie dude. Haha.
    I just picked it cause it seemed slightly dorky. Which Jett is pretty dorky.

I love the bowling. I don't use it much, but it's such an odd fun activity in game.
    It'd be cooler if you could play some of these things as mini games though. Like you get to line up the ball and have your sim toss it.

I can't believe Marquise went home... I'm going to miss him. He's so sweet and pretty.

Though... why did all the guys hate the roses? Weird guys.
    Wait... is Tempy giving them artificial roses maybe? Cheap silk roses. Hahaha.
    @TheYayToast I'm posting too much lol I guess the weekends are not a break for me but a time to read up for all those who are too busy to read the chapters daily :D

Noo! But Aurora will have her second baby soon and then I'll know :p Or could he be from Cristal and Vincente? Or... no... Please say no to that: Amy and Duane? o.O

Ok then, she won't live in the legacy household :# It's not because of her but the lack of free slots. There are Amy and Kaden, Cam and Sophie, Tempy and the winner. And then there are only 2 slots left... I still want to keep Sophie for all the vampire aspirations. Amy is only an adult so she won't die too soon (ugh, that sounds so mean). The only two sims to leave soon are Cam and Kaden. I thought about having more than 2 kids for Tempy, too. :D WHY ARE THERE ONLY 8 SLOTS? :bawling::D

It kinda made sense this time tho. Last chapter it was like they bounced for hours and the score said 1 :joy: But for example Lonnie took forever and had a very high score!

Marquise is seriously popular :D
    I honestly thought Lonnie would win as he took forever with the bouncing ^^ But Jett seems to be better at it :p

He looks like he's going on a safari tour :joy:

Bowling is one of the few skills left that the legacy family needs to get the "maxed all skills" score point B)

It was a shock to see him at the bottom... I've played on a bit and the ranking of all the guys is less and less predictable. You'll be like "Uh, WHAT?!" during most eliminaitons :sweat_smile: I was.

I use the "give friendly gift" option and it seems the male sims don't appreciate flower gifts like women do. Tempy is always sad after an elimination because her gifts weren't as great as she thought. Same with Amy :D I didn't have the problem with Nathan and Damian at all.

Those roses cost over 100 Simoleons, they have to be effing real :joy:
    @Queenarella
    Yeah, she developed it after she came down with Chicken Pox while we were at the beach when she was about 18 months old. The Dr said it was something called Steven Johnson's disease. My Mom had sensitive skin though too, so it could just be inherited.

Yes, they can, but only male elders. Female elders if they're abducted, any female really, won't get pregnant.

I've never been to Europe so I'll have to trust you on that, but you're right, it just seems so cold and empty in the city part of Windenberg. I don't like all the concrete. The fountains are nice though.

Topless Top. lol I like that too, very funny! I've never used that Mod either (any Mod), but I've seen images from it. o.O And a little bit of game play on YT when Deligracy accidentally left the Mod in when filming one of her Let's Plays. Opps!

Lots of Simmers seem to have that bug. Bummer. I don't know why my game is different. Just lucky I guess.

I have no idea how MCCC works, so I don't know if that's the reason or not. It's just sad.
    Yeah, I think it was actually done on purpose, a tweak if you will, but I hate it! And I don't say I hate very many things. It just grinds my gears that no autonomy is a lie now. There isn't any such thing as no autonomy in this game, it's semi-autonomy now. *shouts naughty words*

Ohhh, so it sounds like you really have had it, just called a different name, minus the pineapple. :)

Current chapter comments:
    First off, Congrats to the winners of dates, especially Jett! Wow, he blew the competition away!

Secondly, GAH! I hate townies so much too! I wish we could just turn them off and have some kind of pop-up when one is needed for an NPC role. "Do you want to choose a Bartender from your Sims or allow one to be generated?" We need more options or toggles in this game. I don't get why they're so hard to do. A Dev said they were complicated though. I don't know anything about coding so maybe it is. Meh...

Looks like the dates went well, except for the Townie interruptions. Bleh. So funny how they seemed to really enjoy the time-outs. lol AND funny how the bowling went. That's another thing I need to play with more in this game. I've only ever put one in one build at the the bar in Sulani for Eddy. :)

Oh and Hi Elena! :)

LOL Joey's a man after my own heart. Eddy loved that snorkel mask too.

James doesn't know he's emulating his Dad though. Maybe it's genetic. lol Don still works-out constantly. The guy looks like a beast! o.O

Aw, look at all the guys in their formal wear. So handsome! I agree with your lingerie comment. I love suits on guys too, and uniforms.

Weird so many of them got upset over getting a rose from Tempy. Why?

Not surprised James was thrilled. He loves flowers, gardening and most of all, Tempy! <3 Breaks my heart seeing Marquise looking all shocked. He seemed to know what was going to happen.

So, so sad to see Marquise go @pammiechick But Queenarella is right, lots of us love the guy. I know I do at least. Hopefully he'll find someone else to love, and maybe he'll get to be a spellcaster anyway too! *hint hint Queenarealla* He'll be very missed. :(

Great chapter and first rose ceremony. Happy James made it through, but sad about the results anyway. Looking forward, as always, to the next chapter. <3
    edited April 2020
    @Karababy52
    Oh gosh, that sounds scarry! I should be lucky my skin is sensitive but not this sensitive.

Thanks for the info! I knew about the women but the male elder pregnancy thing is totally new to me :D

Maybe there are cities in Europe that have less greenery in the city. I've been to Rome once and there I think wasn't that much greenery but it wasn't all grey. It was more of a bright beige from the buildings. Looks WAY different than that sad grey in Windenburg :D

This mod is one that - imo - destroys the game. There are no real diseases, there's no real nudity, there's no crime (miss burglars tho) and for me the game is a place to tune out the bad things of the real world. I played all day yesterday and it helped me forget that I'm in quaratine :D

I know from DeKay that she had many bugs that I've never had. I guess it depends on something if you get a bug or not. Maybe? :D I'm bad when it comes to IT stuff lol

At least it doesn't happen to this generation as two are already married off :)

I had exactly this problem yesterday! I turned off autonomy for the rose ceremony and in the middle of it, one guy went outside to play on the waterslide. I was like "WHAT?! Free will is turned OFF!" I was so annoyed... I even added it to the screenshots :D

Hm, no I think it's still a bit different. You just put ham and cheese on top of bread and that's it. I think grilled cheese is different?
    As Lonnie took the longest I was surprised that Jett was even better than him ^^

:o The popup idea is AWESOME! :love: They could at least make townies not interact with my sim unless I make my sim interact with them...

The bowling interaction is really funny but it takes kinda long until they eventually start to bowl ._. :D

The second I saw the snorkel mask I thought of Eddy ^^ But Eddy's swimwear outfit was special in general :D

James in sunglasses and at the muscle machine reminded me that every time I have a sim visit the gym there's Don working out like James here :D It must be the genes, for sure!

A man in suit can be irresistable :sweat_smile: I'm less into uniforms anymore :D:D

It happens almost every rose ceremony. I can't remember if the girls reacted this way, too. But I think it's mainly the guys. They seem to hate flowers. Maybe if I put something different for the rose they might like it? :D But maybe generation 5 might be a bachelor again. Would be cool :D A bit of change.

I only took screenshots of this time when they got grumpy because of the rose but later on, even James gets mad :D

Marquise was so sad when he had to leave :'(

Hint at me? Uh, what? Marquise is moved out and I can't play him anymore :sweat_smile: Maybe I can find a MCCC option to make him a spellcaster when I see him walking by :)

The next chapter comes out tomorrow :)

Edit: Here's a video of (empty) Rome. It shows what I mean by beige ^^ There are less greeneries but it doesn't look grey like in Windenburg.
    Post edited by Queenarella on
    @Queenarella
    You're welcome! I had no idea either until I saw someone post about it in another thread a few years ago.

Windenburg would look SO much better if it was more beige (like in the video, which BTW is very cool, but sad), I agree. I still wouldn't like it though. I'm a country girl and always will be. I need trees, nature, and wildlife surrounding me with fields and open spaces rather than crowded together buildings and close by neighbors. :)

*clap clap clap* I agree SO hard with you!

I have no idea. But I think you might be on to something that it just depends on what kind of rig you have, the specs, what Mods, CC, etc.

Gah! You know how I feel then. My biggest pet peeve. Plus, last night when I was playing, I told Ella to read a book by choosing a stack of books on the TV stand in the living room. What did she do? Went into Della's room and took a book out of her bookcase instead. *pulls hair out* Why, oh why can't our Sims just do what we tell them? WE are supposed to be in charge when no autonomy is selected, not them.

Ohh, okay, yeah, you're right. Grilled cheese is made by buttering two slices of bread, putting a slice or two of cheese inbetween with the butter side out and grilling it in a skittle until golden brown and ooey gooey good! However, I personally do sometimes put ham in mine with the cheese. Yum!
    This game makes no sense sometimes. I can see how you'd think logically it would've been Lonnie.

YES! I would LOVE that! Townies are so gosh darn (to put it nicely) invasive!

I noticed that with Eddy when he was bowling with a friend at the bar. The stood around a long time before starting. I thought they weren't going to bowl at all, but finally after jabbering away forever, they did.

hehe I had SO much fun putting together Eddy's wardrobe. It really reflects his personality if I do say so myself. :)

Yep, every single time I send any Sim to any gym in all my saves, there's Don working out. Sometimes he's even the trainer. :)

I still love a man in uniform and probably always will. An Officer and A Gentleman is one of my favorite movies. Richard Gere strutting toward Debra Winger in his white uniform just makes me swoon every time. lol

Huh, I'll have to keep that in mind for House 07 once I get that far in the Drifter challenge. We're supposed to hold a Bachelor/Bachelorette selection for the spouse of that house. Maybe I'll have them give out simoleans instead of roses. LOL How could they be mad about that? :D

He did? o.O Aww, James, you silly Sim.

*sniff* I was sad to see him go too, poor guy. :'(

Oh, okay, I thought once they moved out you could do whatever you want with them. I had no idea you couldn't. Hopefully the almighty MCCC has a setting that allows for it. He deserves that much. :)

Bring on Monday, I'm ready for it! Well technically it already is Monday, but yeah. lol :p
    @Karababy52
    Now I really hope to see it in my game. But I barely have abductions... Unless there's an alien but when there's an alien in the household - or your sim knows one - the chances your sim will be pregnant are kinda low. Or even non-existent.

Those are like the "hotspots" of Rome :) With most of these places I was like "I've been there before!" as I went to Rome when I was about 12 years old. And each of those places is usually plastered with people. Hundreds if not thousands! Seeing it all empty is crazy.

Totally agree. I come from a rural area and I went to the big city to university. I lived there and it was too big, too noisy, too anonymous and all that. My home town is too small for my taste but here it's usually silent, it's a small town like the one in Gilmore Girls and whenever I run into someone somewhere like grocery shopping, everyone says hello even tho you don't know them. I did that in the city at first... The looks I got for it :D:D WOW.

It's really weird. Back then I had tons of CC and mods in my game, DeKay plays vanilla. She had way more bugs than I had :sweat_smile:

I usually play with free will on but in the bachelor/ette part I need them to stay where they are :D But if they don't do that, it annoys me.

Yep, it's definitely different ^^ Toast Hawaii looks like this:
    fad1b84e4d6dd115be4eccacec_AzA1ZjE0ZGQ1NGNl_toast-hawaii.jpg
    There's logic and there's sims logic :D They coexist like parallels and NEVER touch :D

There's this MCCC option when you click on a sim that you can delete them or make them die on the spot. I don't use it cuz it's brutal but with those annyoing townies both options are so tempting.

It's always the same sims who work out at the gym: Eliza, Don, Brant Heck, J, Dina, ... :D

I don't know this movie. I probably don't want to watch it, too, cuz I don't like Richard Gere :| When he's there in a movie there's always the perfect happy ending. I don't like that. Let there be a bit of reality.

I looked through the gift catalogue on the phone but there's nothing that's "super manly" everyone would love to get. So I used the roses again :joy:

All of them did at some point. I finished playing the bachelorette part yesterday, by the way :D

In the legacy rules it says I'm only allowed to play the legacy household. I already break the rules by moving th heir/ess out and do the bachelor/ette part but that's an extra from my weird combo of challenges :D I try my best to "fix the damage" this part might cause, like delete the extra skills gained, don't work on aspirations, change the money back to where it was before the bachelor/ette part, etc.

It'll take longer today to publish the chapter as my mom forces me to clean the windows today... -.-
    Proud of Kevin for being a gentleman and appreciating his rose!
    I finished playing the bachelorette part yesterday, by the way :D
    :o:o:o
    @MaggieMarley
    I think he's the only one who's never complained about it :D

Haha, I know... I was fast. I was super bored. I'm in quarantine. 2 weeks on Wednesday and then another 2 weeks start on Wednesday :bawling:
    edited April 2020
    I'm in quarantine. 2 weeks on Wednesday and then another 2 weeks start on Wednesday :bawling:
    So am I. Looks like it might go on for months and months more here. But my almost 6 month old puppy has decided to stop being toilet trained after over a month of no accidents and is running around piddling on the floor every 10 to 20 minutes so that is keeping me 'entertained'...
    @MaggieMarley On a scale from 1 to 10, how close are you to going mad? I'm 7 now.

giphy.gif

Oh no :/ Maybe your puppy is stressed because it feels there's something weird going on?

And here we have today's chapter! Cleaning the windows meant only those in the sun room and living room for some reason :D

G4.D9: Not this Again...
  • L33tP33tNWL33tP33tNW Posts: 398 Member
    Aaaah! The chapters have been hilarious as always. It's awful to see the guys go one by one, but I'm glad that this time around they are getting married off right away.

Feel free to mark Addison as eligible for marriage too. She might be erratic and squeamish... but I'm sure there's a dude out there that could love her.
    Now about the chapters...

Day 2:
    I can't believe none of those booties showed up for the first party. They are just too uncool.
    The army of Pose Knights are sort of ominous... And then it didn't even work. *facepalm*
    Dude... what was with the scary woman giving Samson and Kevin W. the evil eye?! That is NOT how you flirt!
    I love Marquise in the robot costume... Hot guy dressed in weird outfit is hilarious. It reminds me of a meme though.

Day 3:
    James is so sweet. He seems like such a nice guy. Him stumbling around at the skating rink was great.
    The cosplay club is sooo annoying. They always show up and make normal situations awkward! It's like: Oh, I'm just trying to flirt with this guy-- Oh hi Darth Vader. :neutral:
    I like Kevin S a lot. He's a strange sort of fellow. I think he'd make an interesting match for Tempy. Don't know about the whole turn her to the vampire side though. Tsk.
    And once again... I think Marquise is a very attractive imaginary man. Haha.

Day 4:
    Those bear costumes... Eeeeewwww. I don't know why. But the vapid eyes and slightly open mouth just make them sooo creepy!
    I'm glad that Jett decided to be a space commander instead. Good boy.
    Talking through the glass is amazing. I think every conversation should be done this way. Like you're talking to a prisoner or someone in a fish tank.

Day 5:
    Lonnie comes off as really cool. I think it's how casual he started the date! Just chillin on the couch next to her.
    And I agree that James looks at Tempy with undying devotion in his eyes. Geez!
    I burst out laughing when I saw Tempy phase through the door in her desperate attempt to go pee. Jett should be used to that, his mother has a tiny bladder bar too. :p
    I will go with the more polite consensus that Bryce was trying to hold Tempy's hand... He just botched the action really badly.
    Joey looks like he was mugging for the camera. "Is the tape rolling? Excellent. Get my chocolate side." (I will forever use chocolate side, cause that's great.)
    I want to say something about Kent's date... but Kevin S and his blossoming alcohol addition is too distracting!
    Marquise: Magic is a great hobby. It really leaves the ladies spellbound. Bad dum tish!
    Hey Moss... are you coming by to get a side piece vampire apprentice??? You have George at home!
    I love Sophie. I adore her more with an umbrella cause that's just silly.

Day 6:
    Tempy looks good in that bathing suit! Too bad it rains nonstop in your game. >.>
    I love the animations from the waterslide!
    Pinto is also words in Spanish! Pinto means painted. There's a horse called the Pinto. There's also a bean called the Pinto Bean... which is what I think of constantly. Sorry @doggers123. :sweat_smile: In addition... there was the car the Pinto, but it's um... ridiculous looking.
    Pinot Gris is one of the only wines I actually like. I don't drink, so... yeah, I don't know much about wine. Haha.

All my sim Elders usually look pretty young. Except for the awful decrepit walk they make elders do. Like they are breaking with every step! It's awful!

I'm so incredibly shocked that Jett got a date. O.O" I have no idea why I was surprised, but I really was.
    I love when sims sing karaoke. They look so silly! I have no idea what the singing sounds like, but I'll assume it's awful.
    I love the picture for when Jett and Tempy are talking about siblings. He's totally giving her a "Wait what" sort of look. "Your sister just learned to what now???" Haha.
    Amy really isn't happy now that she's not in the spotlight anymore. What a brat. Hehe.

Gosh! I have no idea how Bryce went home. I guess they must really not have had any chemistry. That's really shocking! Especially since they had the date to spend time together!!! How weird. I'm sorry Doggers. :(

Pinto bean is what I was thinking of when I made her! Pinto IMO is such a cute name for a toddler!
    Yeah, I was sad to see him go. But hopefully one day, he'll meet my guy from last generation! (I already forgot his name Lol.)
    (Wait did I have two guys named Bryce?)
    ID: L33tP33tNW
    she/her
    AKA Doggers123

pJYI4la.png
  • DCJ504DCJ504 Posts: 116 Member
    So the quote "pride goes before a fall" actually is in Proverbs in the Bible.

I have two favorites, and they are both of the vampires. I read Vlad the Dad and think that Kevin deserves some good in his life. Lonnie is just cute.
    edited April 2020
    @Queenarella what with the puppy peeing everywhere I am at 15 lol. I don't think it is that since everything has continued as normal for him. Someone has always been at home for him even before lockdown and he is still allowed go for a walk every day so no changes there.
    Loved that moment where Kevin and Lonnie had a bit of an altercation :D

Vlad would be proud of Kevin for getting his vampire lore skill up so quickly (if Vlad can feel pride which I doubt). I got Kevin up to vampire lore level 4 for school in my 100 baby challenge but you wiped all his skills, didn't you? Poor guy must wonder why he was being made to learn it all again!

Excited to see who gets the one on one date! Come on Kevin you can do it!
    @doggers123 The name is cute, I just fail to spell it correctly :D I think your sim was Jung?

@DCJ504 I didn't know that. The German version means you shouldn't celebrate too early because you can still lose. Maybe it's the same meaning in English.

The vamp gang is cute, true ^^ But the other guys are great, too. I couldn't pick a favorite.

@MaggieMarley Hm, I wonder why he does it, then. Maybe it's just a phase :)
    Vlad does come by now and then to visit his son :D Maybe he does it because in my game Kevin is his only son - so far. Or more like, I deleted his other kids :D

Yes, one click and all his skills were gone :D I should have kept the vampire lore because the other house members were at risk when both vampires were hungry :#

I'll write the next chapter soon. I just woke up and had breakfast (at 10am lol) and need to take a shower now :joy: After that, I'll go straight to writing the chapter. Unless my mom decides we should clean the rest of the windows today.
    New chapter! :)

G4.D10: The Winner Takes it All

Also, as I am super bored and already played all chapters, there won't be a weekend break this time :)