Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Frozen in full screen!!!

I was playing and my game randomly froze. Just the game froze because my mouse was still working. It won't let me shut off my computer and when it finally died and i restarted it, the game was still open and frozen. Can I force quit the game without having to click anything on my screen?(The game froze in fullscreen)

Thank you.

Comments

• extremeasaurextremeasaur Posts: 2,701 Member
    edited November 2012
    you have to pull the plug.
  • GetafeGetafe Posts: 72 Member
    edited November 2012
    Was told that cmd + alt + esc forces quit the game.

Don't know if that will give you any luck
  • extremeasaurextremeasaur Posts: 2,701 Member
    edited November 2012
    only pull the plug if Force Quit does not work. But I had that happen earlier today and Force Quit wouldn't come up, so I had to pull the pug from the back of the computer.
  • MelanieSimlishMelanieSimlish Posts: 4,432 Member
    edited November 2012
    That's happened to me 3 times and the only thing I could do was do a force-shut-down by holding down the power button. :? I uninstalled my game for about a month and a half and when I reinstalled it seemed to fix it for some reason.. at least, so far. I don't know if it'd do it again. I hope not! :\
    44444.gif
  • LausiesLausies Posts: 1 New Member
    Instead of force shutting down your computer which can harm your computer try doing ctrl+alt+delete and when the screen pops up with different options click sign out and it will close your game for you
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited April 2020
    Lausies wrote: »
    Instead of force shutting down your computer which can harm your computer try doing ctrl+alt+delete and when the screen pops up with different options click sign out and it will close your game for you
    Hi, this thread is from 8 years ago and shouldn't really have been revived. I am sure a moderator here will lock it up now.

But in the meantime, I believe you will find that users of the macOS require different key combinations than those on Windows. We don't usually have alt keys either. But if the system is totally frozen, holding in the power button to force a shutdown is sometimes the only action that can be taken.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • EA_JozEA_Joz Posts: 3,164 EA Staff (retired)
    Hello everyone, please remember that necroposting is against the rules. I've gone ahead and closed the thread.

Please review our Posting Rules & Guidelines here:

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/forum-rules

~EA_Joz
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top